It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you against taking action in Syria?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
I will first start off by saying that my knowledge regarding everything that is going on/has gone on as of late in Syria is limited. However, I DO know that the Syrian 'government' Assad DID launch chemical weapons against not only innocent people, but its own people. I DO know that over a thousand innocent people were murdered and suffered vastly from what was used to kill them, before dying a slow and painful death (whether or not chemical weapons is what was used as some speculators seem to believe that it was not chemical weapons)

The funny part is he can kill 100,000 people with bullets and the world just sits back, and I think the number is around 100 for chemicals, but let me ask you why would he do this when he can do it much better with bullets and the world just let it go?

We also know a few short years ago Kerry and his wife sat and ate dinner with him and his wife all friendly like, but now he is a crazy murder...why?

We had some bad people during the Iraq war do some evil things...like that guy who basically wiped a village, but in this case we tried him, we didn't bomb the White House because that is where the commander and Chief lives....

As they say in The Game of Thrones...."you know nothing John Snow...."

edit on 8-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

You do not know that Assad launched chemical weapons...Consider the fact the last two wars where started under false pretenses.. no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.. No Bin Laden in Afghanistan.. Two million people dead most women and children and not one of our politicians held to account..

and you would start another war and kill maybe anther million people becuase someone and we do not know who used chemical weapons in Syria

Who are you going to replace Assad with.. The man with 70% support from his people.. With the Islamic extremists he is fighting..

What gives the world the right to invade another country.. Do you think someone should invade the US because they have just orchestrated the death of a million plus in Iraq or because they used depleted uranium in Iraq and little kids are still being born with birth defects..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
clearly a false flag.
if we bomb assad we help those who gassed those kids.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I will first start off by saying that my knowledge regarding everything that is going on/has gone on as of late in Syria is limited. However, I DO know that the Syrian 'government' Assad DID launch chemical weapons against not only innocent people, but its own people. I DO know that over a thousand innocent people were murdered and suffered vastly from what was used to kill them, before dying a slow and painful death (whether or not chemical weapons is what was used as some speculators seem to believe that it was not chemical weapons)

The funny part is he can kill 100,000 people with bullets and the world just sits back, and I think the number is around 100 for chemicals, but let me ask you why would he do this when he can do it much better with bullets and the world just let it go?

We also know a few short years ago Kerry and his wife sat and ate dinner with him and his wife all friendly like, but now he is a crazy murder...why?

We had some bad people during the Iraq war do some evil things...like that guy who basically wiped a village, but in this case we tried him, we didn't bomb the White House because that is where the commander and Chief lives....

As they say in The Game of Thrones...."you know nothing John Snow...."

edit on 8-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

yes as you mention he had meals with Kerry also he and his british wife stayed at Buckingham palace in the queens spare bedroom.
maybe these were charm offensives trying to get assad on board with the west.
after failure they start a proxy war saying its a cival war then assad copes very well fighting insurgents.
so next step intervention.
but we cant intervene without un approval.
then false flag sarin attack.
now the coin is in the air.

it looks like usa are nervous as they are using plenty airmiles trying to get other countries on board.
lets hope they are shown the door with a firm NO!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The World( countries that are not just the US) is demanding evidence before executing actions never tested, actions that could have grave consequences if taken or if not. What exactly will the US do .... again.

What if Assad is guilty ?
Then what ?
Seriously.

Unilateral action on the part of the US, would further obfuscate what was ratified about warfare after WW2,
with out which all forms of carnage are on the table.
We should really just get better at capturing individual perpetrators than "letting loose the dogs of war"

“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.”
― Lao Tzu
edit on 8-9-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Poor IceQueen...you should really contact the mods/admin to see if you can update your OP to really reflect what you were asking...you are just going to keep getting flamed by people unwilling/unable to read entire threads.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Poor IceQueen...you should really contact the mods/admin to see if you can update your OP to really reflect what you were asking...you are just going to keep getting flamed by people unwilling/unable to read entire threads.

This post may get me a slap on the wrist but, I feel it is necessary to say this. I find the OP to be very clear without any problematic grammar. After being called out by members, IceQueen stated that she misspoke because of circumstances of speaking French for an extended period of time. My opinion is that this was an attempt to 'walk back' previous statements in the OP. Having been called out by members for the definitive statements in the OP, IceQueen made excuses for those definitive statements.

Je sais que = I know

J'ai lu = I read

J'ai entendu = I heard

In my opinion, there were no mistakes in the OP. It was written exactly as she intended and she got the 'pitchfork treatment' and rightfully so. The OP was trolling to get people outraged at 'our lack of moral response' and she got dinged for it. I read the entire thread before I responded and responded BECAUSE of the subsequent posts. The outrage shown by IceQueen for people 'misunderstanding' her is in my opinion, simply an attempt to to excuse her OP. The total lack of respect for everyone on this site by posting in all capitals, in effect yelling at everyone for her mistake is inexcusable. Her subsequent post, in effect laughing at people taking offense at her yelling and admitting that she knew all caps is the equivalent to yelling is very telling to me. If she is allowed to edit the OP all post thereafter would be confusing, rendering the responses as unintelligent and muddled. The best response would be to close the thread and IceQueen could start a new thread in the manner that she claims she intended.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I REALIZE THAT NOW, AS I SAID A PORTION OF MY FAMILY LIVES IN FRANCE, I GO THERE EVERY OTHER YEAR FOR ABOUT HALF OF THE YEAR, THE ENTIRE TIME THAT I AM THERE ENGLISH IS OUT THE WINDOW.. I JUST GOT BACK HOME AND MY ENGLISH IS OBVIOUSLY A BIT RUSTY..

I just looked at your profile page. You have made 47 posts, not including this thread in the last month. You just got home and your English is rusty? It doesn't appear to be rusty in your 47 posts in ONE month, in ENGLISH. As I said in my previous post, this seems to be an excuse to 'walk back' your decisive statements made in the OP. As I also illustrated in my last post "know, read and heard" are not similar words in either French or English.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Does it make any sense that Assad would allow UN chemical weapons inspectors into Syria and on the very day they arrive unleash a chemical weapons attack, not against the leadership of the hired mercenaries trying to oust Assad, but against women, children, and some of Assad's own soldiers, right in front of those inspectors? Of course it doesn't. It makes no sense at all. Assad is winning the war against the covert coup d'état using conventional weapons. He has no need to use chemical weapons. And knowing that the US has been straining for an excuse to invade, Assad has every reason NOT to use such weapons.
Mike Rivero

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It feels like something else is going on in the background and this warmongering is the flash bang so we are using our full attention. I don't know what it is but I wouldn't put it past the bilderbergs who are behind this. Also please take a look at the attendees it might not be relevant but Syria is an oil rich country and bilderbergs have BP and other oil companies in their pockets. Also its been rising in Syria I mean why would oil rise in a country that is rich on its own oil? Something just doesn't look right.

Source

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaleesi

Could very well be, I just took her to be honest as I have no other reason to not believe her. My own suspicions aside, I believe everyone should be trusted until they give me a reason not to be trusted.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think there is a ton of hyperbole and BS on both sides of this debate.

I do think Assad gassed those people.

My reason for not supporting intervention?

Pres. Obama made outreach to the Muslim world a priority in his first term.

And yet, Pres. Obama's popularity and poll numbers in the middle east are BELOW President Bush's at the end of his term.

Think about that...

We are not improving anything in the middle-east and every single "intervention" just further erodes our standing.

No more.

All the claims and BS and Hyperbole from both sides falls below the number one factor on my list...We simply are not helping, we are making things worse, even our best of intentions fail. Look at Lybia...so we help the rebels overthrow a dictator via air strikes, then take offense when the Lybians have the audacity to attack our embassy and kill our ambassador!

There is no winning scenario for US intervention in the Middle-East. Enough already...we tried the Bush Docterine of invasions and occupations...we tried the Obama Docterine of Outreach/No-Boots-On-The-Ground air strikes....neither works...just missiles and money spent to FURTHER erode our credibility and standing.

Done...let the Middle-East sort out the Middle-East.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am against any strikes in Syria because the minute an American bomb drops on a Syrian artillery piece or Aircraft, the ugly side of war, in the form of collateral damage or civilian casualties is going to pop up, and the same #s who are telling us we have some sort of moral obligation are going to call America, or our military (for those happy, halleluiah, everyone love everyone liberals) war criminals. I say if the rest of the world is so interested and concerned with Syria's internal issues let THEM do something about it. America is done policing the world for the rest of the worlds benefits. Let us protect our own interests. We saw this in Libya, the international community is more than capable of providing force multiplying military strikes. For once, Europe wasn't sitting on their thumbs, telling the Western World we have an obligation to protect the Middle East from itself, and actually did something. Let them do the same now.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Khaleesi

Could very well be, I just took her to be honest as I have no other reason to not believe her. My own suspicions aside, I believe everyone should be trusted until they give me a reason not to be trusted.

Fair enough. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, too. I responded because I read the whole thread and saw her reaction, which was very disrespectful. That was when I started seeing red flags. I could have accepted the excuse if she had been more respectful. Her posting multiple times in all caps and laughing at people and admitting at the same time she knew it was equivalent to yelling was very telling to me. That was when I began to distrust her motives.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

My view point is, its not our buisness. We are busy running around fixing other people's problems. Fighthing thier wars, fixing their towns...ect. We need to fix our Country, we need to spend that money here for the people. Thats why we are going under, we are spending too much money outside this country. All the money to be made from war, is made by the fat cats who run this country, who have millions of dollars, or fat paychecks. Money makes the world go around right? So of course they will want wars, so guns and metal will be bought or sold ( alot of those monsters are buying a s#it ton of metal right now by the way) so they fund the wars, and get money for funding it so it just goes round and round changing hands until the blood has been wiped clean.

So
war. Fix our Country!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join