It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you against taking action in Syria?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm just an observer.

I know not who started, or funded whom, just that it's a mess of a situation and the US is itching/instigating.

Underneath whatever state issues there are internally are larger regional, and geopolitical issues. We're attempting to go in under the guise of humanitarian aid while likely installing a western central bank and snagging control of resources, and projected pipeline pathways.

I see this in terms of resource wars, trade wars, and climate disruption taking a 1 2 3 punch and kick to the groin. Every country will take their own interests while humanity gets squeezed and cleansed of the weakest and most unfortunate.

One way or another were going to attempt to secure key areas in the ME then pivot towards Asia in prep of the sleeping giant awakening.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Chill out

I am being facetious; I have no animosity to the person who I DO know…knows nothing!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

1. I'm tired of our people dying for people who don't give a damn.

2. America is broke.

3. America is not the world policeman.

4. Most of the rest of the world objects to intervention.

5. Russia is backing Syria.

6. Syria isn't worth it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Okay Ice Queen.
Why am I against the Syrian Attack?

I. The US doesn’t have firm proof that the Syrian regime did this attack. In fact the evidence is accumulating that the “rebels” are responsible.
II. 2. Even if they did, they should try alternative methods that won’t add to the misery of the Syrian people.
III. The US and West should do all they could to mediate a peace and not take sides that will increase the violence to the very people they claim to be helping, the Syrian civilians.
IV. It is clear that the US, France, and Britain has been, and is still, trying to use any excuse to get into this war, therefore their intentions are not in the right place.
V. The attack is illegal and against international law.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
The reason for war has always been the same, since the Sanskrit first defined it beautifully simply, as the search for more cows. Only the cows have changed.

Interesting...

One theory of mine is that it has lot more to do with souls of men than just earthly goods.

Depopulation agenda is related as well.

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why is Syria different than Libya?

That's the question. Same issues only everything is turned up a notch. Why?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Because our country has many problems of its own, including a trillion dollar debt, homelessness, hungry children, I could go on and on.

WE need to use our available resources within our own borders.

I look at it like this...every person on this planet has a personal budget. You have X amount of dollars to provide for your family and its basic needs. Those have to be met first. Any excess in that budget is discretionary. A family may go to the movies, buy something needed or wanted for the family (clothes, electronics etc) or donate to church or charity. A nation can use that money to assist other nations. (fight their wars..solve their problems)

If your budget does not have ANY discretionary funds, or is in negative debt as our country is, you cannot do those things.

Our USA budget is empty for any discretionary things. So we simply cannot afford to help anyone else right now.

I also feel that it is the UN's job to police the world. NOT the USA's.

I also feel that we need to for once in our nation's history...start taking care of our own. No one is bailing us out. They are all sitting there waiting on our country to collapse. I feel horrible for the Syrian people who are in the midst of this civil war and I feel terrible that they are being injured and killed. But, in all reality, the US is broke. We do not have the resources available to assist at this time.

Start blasting me...NOW>..

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I challenge the OP to counter these points.
Points of why Im against 100% and cant see how anyone can be:

1) What will launching cruise missle accomplish? Even if they actually hit a chemical weapon stockpile chances are they wont complety destroy them thus creating
a) a a release of Chems that kill alot of innocnet bystanders.
b) A big fat security relaease that some of the rebels would use to take the chemical weapons for them themselfs. Rebels of the Jihadist type that would not just use them on there own people but spread the Sarin goodness all over the ME and possibley Europe!

2)So you want to kill Assad, ok great he is a sick evil SOB. But who you want to put in his place? Cause the biggest rebel factions have extremist links and will prove to WORSE than Assad. We are talking people who would reduce Syria to being the next taliban era Afganistan. And beleive me they will make Assad reguime seem like sunshine and rainbows in comparison. Not only that but they will take Syria weapons and turn them on syria neigbours and create a bigger ME cluster Feck. Were talking people who would not care if syria got nuked as long as they took out as many infidels as possible. You do not want that.

3) Ok so you remove Assad and install a rebel faction that is not exremist. Yeah great. Thing is those faction they dont get there way IE the Extremist Jihadist infedel ones I pointed out in 2, will not just lay down there arms and accept it. No they will carry the fight on with the new goverment untill its worn down and caves in like it always does. The govemnet will only survive if the USA buts boots on the ground and commites them there for a long long time.

4) So you put boots on the ground. So who are you going to send in for what will end up being a 10+ year commitment? USA army and marine sis already oversterchted and is cutting back. And seeing a public sentiment is far from supporting the war I doubt they will get a surge of volenteers! They have trouble finding enough now! You want a draft? You think that will sit will with the public? I doubt a draft for a foreign civil war that has no relevence to national security will work.

5) Russia! Ruissa are determined to defend syria! Now chances are any involvement will be just in material or missle defence. But there is a good chance it COULD esculate! What if in responce to Russia shooting down US missles a US ships fires on a russian ship? Or Russian forces accidentlt get bombed in Syria? You want to REALLY risk MILLIONS of lifes in the event of WW3? As from points 1-4 show there is little to gain. So would risk such little gain againt such massive potential loss!

So please refute points 1-5?
edit on 7-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
because skull and bones kerry called out the orders for the attack

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

How DO you know all this?

Because even the UN inspectors DON'T know where the attacks originated from.

There have even been rebels who have claimed the attacks, while Assad continues to deny them.

Not the worlds fight. This is a Shia/Sunni fight. Which they have done ever since Islam split.

Maybe but more like Saudi Arabia and Qutar vs Iran fight for both power and greed and Us is as always on Saudi side. The gas line thru Syria to Europe that Assad do not allow is a good example.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I would like to hear from the OP again, if possible. Have any of the arguments presented thus far changed your position or at least opened your mind to other possibilities?

Also to the OP: have you sought out sources which confirm some of the information that is being presented here that is contrary to your version of events? Do you require help in finding some of those sources?

Not trying to be antagonistic, just genuinely curious.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

AS I SAID, I don't know of what is going on in full, AS I SAID, all I know is that they used chemical weapons or some form of weapons against innocent people. AS I SAID, I just want to know WHAT is going on in a more detailed, I don't know, less full of phony mainstream media bullshiiit, version..

They didn't. The Brotherhood/Cia coalition of which Obama's 1/2 brother Malik is the financial head, most certainly did that. The bad guys did it. The same rogue evil group that sailed in and toppled Egypt and forced it under shariah, and then libya, brutally murdering and beheading people with little knives, and impaling young boys up their anus. That is the group, the Brotherhood. And it goes back to WW2 and the Nazi's, who fanned this small minority extremist group headed by Banna into the force it is today, along with all the black ops helping, because they want to take over the world and have the various regions carved up, and have freedom, and equality, the northern hemisphere countries, gone, gone, gone. We're getting radiated with Fukushima instead.

They like primitive barbaric conditions for people and like to bring everyone into conflict because they work for demons and such.

I was online the day Syria began and was following huge twitter reports coming in. Basically there were noted some foreign cia types, then the water supply got poisoned. Someone from Egypt chimed in and said, yes this happened to us too.

Then these foreign mixed rebel jackyls, (British journalists kidnapped noted they had accents, even British accents, they're not native to Egypt, Libya and Syria, they're primitive rogue black op super soldiers types).

They moved into the neighborhoods and started slaughtering families and chldren.

The twitters were from the hospital and staff. Help. SOS's sent out. We don't know what to do, there are too many dead and wounded, (TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE THE HORROR UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!) Then they got slaughtered, the hospital. And then, because of this ONLINE REPORTING OF EVENTS BY THE PEOPLE THAT TPTB DIDN'T WANT THAT TRUTH OUT, THE TWITTER WENT BLACK FOR A WHILE.

Wake Up please because anyone supporting this is personally murdering those babies to me, because we have a responsiblity to wake up, many people's lives are in the hands of the so called free who don't even understand what freedom is, and how to manage their countries on the grass roots level. If people don't form the groups and aren't the first level of government and don't grow up, then its hard to blame the current crop of bad guys running things, for in the void, bad guys will always take over. The void we were supposed to fill by being aware and learning how to govern our own countries.

The leaders of our countries are committing atrocities for NWO.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You're going to like this......we're agaqinst involvement in Syria because we are NOT among those whom are unincumbered by the thought process.....huh....!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not my responsibility.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ah , Because God says Killing a Fellow Human Being is WRONG ?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
And did I mention CIA?

www.voltairenet.org...

The way mostly everything is done in this world.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
I'm just trying to catch up on what is going on..

Hi Ice Queen,

I highly recommend this, and please check out other videos on that channel for some consciousness raising.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-9-2013 by Taissa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
Woah, woah, woah. I don't know why I'm being mauled here.. I'm just trying to catch up on what is going on..

You say you don't really know what's going on and then proceed to tell us that YOU DO KNOW blah blah blah.

I'm just paraphrasing/wording what I have read from mainstream sources as to what is going on, which is as it most often is, probably bull#, thus I want to know what is really going on, etc..

Exactly. You are taking mainstream media at it's word? Really? Do you live in Syria? Have you witnessed these attacks yourself? If not,then you do not know. The 'rebels are actually taking credit for using chemical weapons. Did you know that? The rebels are the ones that the U.S. will support in this fight. Did you know that? So you want us to go into Syria and support the very rebels that may be responsible for these attacks?

PLEASE put away the flaming sticks and pitch forks... I'm honestly just trying to understand wtf is going on..

People will put away the pitchforks when you stop contradicting yourself.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Why are you against taking action in Syria?

Because If we take action by means of missiles, the next thing they will tell us is that, "You are not going to believe this, we just found proof that they have massive stock piles of chemical and biological weapons, and we know this because we have pictures, yes, that is right we got pictures to prove it, and while our missiles were on their way to their targets, their cameras were rolling, and unfortunately, we are going to have to send troop in on the ground because these weapons cant be blown up, because they got explosion proof covers on them". or some other stupid crap like that.

AND

Because, it would be bad for the economy. If our men and women soldiers die in war then they can't work and make money and they can't spend money either. So it would really be a bad financial decision to do so.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
We shouldnt go to war there because they dont have cable or McDonalds.

I dont want our soldiers eating lizards.

Ohh- and The leader of Syria (Al Bundy with a Hitler Mustache) invited us to come see for ourselves and to fight along side them- but we dont play with people who have Hitler mustaches.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join