It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you against taking action in Syria?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Right.

You have three groups atm in Syria. Assads regime and army. The FSA (Rebels) and Al Nusra (a wing of Al Quada)
The FSA is quickly loosing people who are deflecting to join the Al Nusra. Who I am pretty sure is behind the chemical attack, in an attempt of creating a reason for the U.S to enter the war.

Al Nusra are the guys you may have seen clips of, beheading christian priests with knives. One of their generals also posted a video where you see him cut the heart out of an innocent and eating the heart. These are the bad guys, and they have weapons and protection equipment funded by U.S.

Some Middle eastern countries have told the U.S that they will pay the U.S to enter Syria with a full on attack. Making U.S soldiers mercenaries.

Now Russia has stated they will aid Syria in case of anyone interfeering in their war.

more than 70% of the U.S citizens are against action in Syria, but Obama and others are still pushing for action. Even though the people are against it. This is the same in europe. We do not want action taken.

I could go on forever. But please research the topics already made.

Also, please refrain from caps lock, it does not get your point across any more effectively. It only hurts my eyes and make you seems very emotional and childish.
edit on 7-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Then perhaps you should have worded your OP better with these explanations and not stated that You KNOW this has happened and you KNOW that has happened.

Your OP comes across as; your knowledge on this situation is very limited, but you know that Assad is responsible for the gas attacks, what a nasty nasty man, lets go get him.

That is why you are getting mauled.

I REALIZE THAT NOW, AS I SAID A PORTION OF MY FAMILY LIVES IN FRANCE, I GO THERE EVERY OTHER YEAR FOR ABOUT HALF OF THE YEAR, THE ENTIRE TIME THAT I AM THERE ENGLISH IS OUT THE WINDOW.. I JUST GOT BACK HOME AND MY ENGLISH IS OBVIOUSLY A BIT RUSTY.. I DIDN'T MEAN KNOW AS IN THE WAY THAT IT SEEMS.. I MEANT KNOW AS IN WHAT THE MAINSTREAM SOURCES HAVE "TOLD" PEOPLE...

I UNDERSTAND THE MISUNDERSTANDING ON MY BEHALF, HOWEVER I DID NOT MEAN TO WORD IT IN THAT WAY...

I MADE THIS THREAD TO BE FILLED IN ON WHATS GOING ON, TO GET OUT OF THE BOX VIEWS AND INFORMATION THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THE BS THAT MAINSTREAM SOURCES ARE GIVING PEOPLE AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY EACH MEMBER DOES NOT SUPPORT GOING OVER THERE, I HAVE MY OWN REASONS, AS I SAID I DO NOT SUPPORT IT..
edit on Sat Sep 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: The use of ALL CAPS

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

You said you KNEW that Assad used chemical weapons against his own people. When evidence and claims points to one simple fact. He did NOT. You are being mauled atm, because you claim to know a whole lot of stuff, when what you claim to know, is information that we here on ATS have found out are nothing but lies. We have talked about this for weeks.

Read the topics. See the information we have been told and found throughout this situation. You dont know anything.

I KNOW THAT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING IN THE ACTUAL DEFINITION OF KNOW, AS IN FACT. WHEN I SAID KNOW I MEANT WHAT I HAVE HEARD, I WAS TRYING TO FILL IN PEOPLE IN THIS WAY SO THAT I COULD BE CORRECTED ON WHAT IS TRUE AND WHAT ISN'T...

edit on Sat Sep 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: The use of ALL CAPS

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Stop yelling.

It's just rude.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here are some links I suggest you look over:

Proof of how bad the U.S people do not want action taken. They are really working their asses of for this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres a topic of how some officials does not listen to the U.S people, despite of being elected and payed by the people:

"Personal" account from Syria:
This might be good to see aswell:

I also suggest you check this out:
www.youtube.com...

And this:

About Putin and Russia:

Basicly, if action in Syria is taken. Russia might bring out the big guns. Which isnt good for anyone in the world. China and Russia are also allies and the world would go ape# if Russia and China goes against the U.S. Together, Russia and China got more firepower, more people (Even a more united people) and more hard working people than the U.S can ever come up with.

I am truely worried about the world, especially the U.S citizens who are seemingly being ignored atm. I hope they pull through. No one deserves what may come, especially not the U.S people.
edit on 7-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

There are many many threads about this on this very forum, with countless discussions, opinions and many many links to further information

It may help if you read these to get a better idea of what's going on before making such a thread. There is loads of information out there that conflicts what we are being told in the MSM about this situation. So it would be best for you to do your own research, come to your own conclusions.

.....And, please, give the caps lock a rest.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

There are many many threads about this on this very forum, with countless discussions, opinions and many many links to further information

It may help if you read these to get a better idea of what's going on before making such a thread. There is loads of information out there that conflicts what we are being told in the MSM about this situation. So it would be best for you to do your own research, come to your own conclusions.

.....And, please, give the caps lock a rest.

I did not see a thread pertaining to why people did not wish to take action, in particular... I did not search through the forum to see the apparently abundant amount of sources that you are speaking of, as I just got on not too long ago. I guess I am in the wrong to try to get information directly.

I'm not sure what the deal is with cap locks, I actually like using them every once in awhile because big words are 'fun'
is it because they are seen as shouting?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I apologise, I did did not intent to upset you. If you truely wish to learn about Syria. Check my post in this topic here www.abovetopsecret.com... or simply scroll up to it.

I do not see how you and me attacking each others throats helps you gain information. Nor do I see how it can help the people of Syria.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

AS I SAID, I don't know of what is going on in full, AS I SAID, all I know is that they used chemical weapons or some form of weapons against innocent people.

Seems like you're the only one convinced the government did this. I'm not following it much either because I've had it with MSM manipulation of the news. Who knows who did what anymore?

What I did watch on that chemical attack raised my eyebrows more than it answered any questions.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yes. Caps lock are seen as the internet equivilant of shouting. The majority of users here hates it. And I actually think that it is against the rules. I have seen mods edit posts with full caps.

I do apologise if my posts seemed "bitchy". I never meant to bite your head of.
Anyways, I will give you a chance to look through the topics I linked you to. They are well worth the read and watch.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Full on caps lock on the internet means shouting/yelling. It doesn't help get your point across, it just makes others not want to debate with you

Look in the WW3, Middle East Issues, Breaking Alternative News forums. Many many threads. Keep an eye on recent posts, many many threads.

edit on 7-9-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I apologise, I did did not intent to upset you. If you truely wish to learn about Syria. Check my post in this topic here www.abovetopsecret.com... or simply scroll up to it.

I do not see how you and me attacking each others throats helps you gain information. Nor do I see how it can help the people of Syria.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
BBC News from MAY this year... Oh how quickly the truth gets buried these days

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Thats easy. Take a look at the single largest weapon of mass destruction on the planet...

USS Nimitz aircraft "carrier".

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yes. Caps lock are seen as the internet equivilant of shouting. The majority of users here hates it. And I actually think that it is against the rules. I have seen mods edit posts with full caps.

I do apologise if my posts seemed "bitchy". I never meant to bite your head of.
Anyways, I will give you a chance to look through the topics I linked you to. They are well worth the read and watch.

Thank you for your apology, I apologize for calling you a snide bitchy toad

I know that cap locks are seen as that, lol, but it's just always been funny to me how people will take it so literally, as if it is literally someone shouting through the screen when they see caps. I actually know a person who writes everything in caps because they prefer big letters, lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Doyou know anything to be 100% fact ? NO
Do the Syrians want our "help" ? NO
Do Americans want it? NO
Do other countries think Asaad did it? NO
Do other countries think we should intervene? NO
Do we ALWAYS need to play police of the world? NO

Do you need any more reasons not to go? NO

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
I DO know that the Syrian 'government' Assad DID launch chemical weapons ...

Chemical weapons were used. NO ONE knows who used them except those who did the deed. And even if they were used ... the civil war in Syria is still NOT a threat to America or our allies. In addition, we are not the world police. If the world thinks action needs to be taken in Syria ... THEY can go do it. But they aren't. They don't think action should be taken. Heck ... we don't even know who to take action against.

Side note - I am NOT in favor of turning the US military into the fighting for for Al Qaeda and The Muslim Brotherhood .. and that's what we'd be doing if we bombed Assads regime. It would be helping one group of mass murdering idiots kill another group of murders run by Assad. Both are bad. Neither deserve help.

edit on 9/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Regardless of what anyone thinks they "know".

I have no desire to deploy to another armpit of the world and fight people who have no bearing on the security of the United States. I have no desire to see more of my friends die for no reason.

I have been to enough of the world's armpits.

No where in my oath to support and defend the Constitution does it say "and be world police".

It's a civil war, neither side is a friend of the US. It's none of our business.
If you feel so strongly about it, you go.

Well said sir. I totally agree. I've been to a few armpits myself to "help" people that would sometimes shoot at you. I've seen firsthand what suicide bombers do to civilians and IED's do to troops, nobody else gets to see it. They only see the feel good reunions on the news when the soldiers come home.

The Syrian gov. has no benefit in using chemical weapons on the rebels, but the rebels on the other hand have everything to gain. From alot of reports the Syrian army is doing quite well against the rebels. Why would Asad gas the rebels (or anyone) when he is doing just fine fighting them conventionally?

And please explain to me how a child dying in a chemical attack is more horrible than one than gets blown to bits in a US dronestrike? Chemical weapons are bad....yes, but name me one weapons system that does not bring death and destruction on the recieving end.

Read this.

www.alternet.org...

Or watch this.

www.youtube.com...

Just watch the first 3 minutes of the video where general Wesley Clark is interviewed. He has some interesting things to say.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Why are we against taking action? Simple its none of our business, I do Know that part of the world has been fight each other for centuries. Its always been a Civil war or another over that way

Why is it the US Government knows so much about Syria troubles but can not tell us what happened in Benghazi?

Why should we spend Billions of Dollars in a country that don't contribute to the world. Why can't we fix our own problems here at home first, example DETRIOT!

What are they not really telling us? Why is Russia and China backing Syria? I don't think its about Arms, why would china risk loosing its cash cow through Wal-Mart the US?

There are two many questions that have not been answered, but they keep using the chemical attack for a reason, having knowledge of Chemical warfare/ Bio Warfare and Nuclear warfare there has to be more than this.

I don't feel this is a good thing for the US to do, its none of our business, let Russia and China handle it since its closer to there own countries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join