It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you against taking action in Syria?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I will first start off by saying that my knowledge regarding everything that is going on/has gone on as of late in Syria is limited. However, I DO know that the Syrian 'government' Assad DID launch chemical weapons against not only innocent people, but its own people. I DO know that over a thousand innocent people were murdered and suffered vastly from what was used to kill them, before dying a slow and painful death (whether or not chemical weapons is what was used as some speculators seem to believe that it was not chemical weapons)

I DO know that a large percentage of those that were killed included innocent children. I DO know that whether or not it was due to chemical weapons (as I mentioned, it is obvious that many of you believe that it was some other form of mass destruction (?) ) it was an intentional onslaught.

I do know that chemical weapons or whatever weapon of such mass destruction was used in such a heedless, careless, reckless, mutinous, manner. I do know that it is a global understanding that, well, you just can't go off and decide to not only break terms with the U.S., but with morality in general, and decide to launch a weapon and kill over a thousand innocent people..

All of the above is what I DO know. So, please fill me in where you see fit if there is something that you feel should be monumental enough to change the above facts from being as they are..

So, why do you oppose the intervention and the taking of action against this corrupt dictatorship of murderers? Why are people so opposed to it? I am missing something, perhaps (as I said I am not filled in beyond what I stated above, is there some underlying thing that just puts the above facts to a halt that I am missing here?)?

What's the deal?

edit on 7-9-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm curious why you who think you KNOW so very much about this situation, is even bothering to ask the question at all.

You claim your knowledge is limited...but then go on to claim you know an awful lot about who did and didn't do what.

Make your mind up.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

How DO you know all this?

Because even the UN inspectors DON'T know where the attacks originated from.

There have even been rebels who have claimed the attacks, while Assad continues to deny them.

Not the worlds fight. This is a Shia/Sunni fight. Which they have done ever since Islam split.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
I will first start off by saying that my knowledge regarding everything that is going on/has gone on as of late in Syria is limited.

However, I DO know that the Syrian 'government' Assad DID launch chemical weapons against not only innocent people, but its own people. I DO know...I DO know...I DO know... I do know...I do know..

All of the above is what I DO know.

Which is it?

Limited knowledge or omniscient? You can't seem to decide.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
if Us lunch strike to syria not only inocent people but the world will get chaos and i cant imagine how many people will die..this is not only little war like iraq war..2 super power like russia and china will joint suport syria..
can you imagine if this two country get into the war??? its chaos..
even the economic of my country will free fall..destroy and make great suffer..another people will die..please imagine this..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I will first start off by saying that my knowledge regarding everything that is going on/has gone on as of late in Syria is limited. However, I DO know that the Syrian 'government' Assad DID launch chemical weapons against not only innocent people, but its own people. I DO know that over a thousand innocent people were murdered and suffered vastly from what was used to kill them, before dying a slow and painful death (whether or not chemical weapons is what was used as some speculators seem to believe that it was not chemical weapons)

I DO know that a large percentage of those that were killed included innocent children. I DO know that whether or not it was due to chemical weapons (as I mentioned, it is obvious that many of you believe that it was some other form of mass destruction (?) ) it was an intentional onslaught.

I do know that chemical weapons or whatever weapon of such mass destruction was used in such a heedless, careless, reckless, mutinous, manner. I do know that it is a global understanding that, well, you just can't go off and decide to not only break terms with the U.S., but with morality in general, and decide to launch a weapon and kill over a thousand innocent people..

All of the above is what I DO know. So, please fill me in where you see fit if there is something that you feel should be monumental enough to change the above facts from being as they are..

So, why do you oppose the intervention and the taking of action against this corrupt dictatorship of murderers? Why are people so opposed to it? I am missing something, perhaps (as I said I am not filled in beyond what I stated above, is there some underlying thing that just puts the above facts to a halt that I am missing here?)?

What's the deal?

- you frighten me.
this perceived "i Do know's " is exactly along the lines of how They wanted you to think.

"dictatorship of murderers " ?
whom please ?
those, who INSTIGATED this fake 'conflict' using both Parties, i hope...?

..this sound frightening much like the masses who shouted "crucify Him "
- they álso got Tricked to shout that for the wrong reasons...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes, it has become a Shia / Sunni fight, but involving every other religious group that has traditionally lived there in peace, as they are slaughtered by the western funded, backed and armed warmongers. Thiose same Islamic nutjobs we have been supposedly fighting in several theatres for over a decade, are the same ones we now hire to topple Assad. In fact, most of them are not even Syrian nationals, as even an Arab League report made clear about a year or more ago.

So, the OP KNOWS Assad used chemical weapons, but like Obama, Kerry, Cameron, Hague and many others, decides they do NOT need to provide any irrefutable evidence to back up the allegation. In any court of law, a case like this would be laughed out of court and the prosecutor would, at the very least, get his arse chewed for wasting the court's time!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I guess I would ask you what gives us the right to inflict our morality on another nation?

Personally I don't believe the stories we are being fed and I don't believe in interfering with the internal affairs of other countries. Even if we have perfect information and good intentions we can't fully predict the consequences of our intervention in Syria. I believe in non-interference (like the Prime Directive from Star Trek) .

edit on 2013/9/7 by Metallicus because: Added

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Regardless of what anyone thinks they "know".

I have no desire to deploy to another armpit of the world and fight people who have no bearing on the security of the United States. I have no desire to see more of my friends die for no reason.

I have been to enough of the world's armpits.

No where in my oath to support and defend the Constitution does it say "and be world police".

It's a civil war, neither side is a friend of the US. It's none of our business.
If you feel so strongly about it, you go.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Sounds like a research question that should be asked down at the shopping center

" Syria ? wheres that and do you know where i can validate my parking ticket?"
edit on 7-9-2013 by 12voltz because: wot me worry?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I doubt it was there g-v that launched those. I bet it was more like you=es somehow covertly did it. They always do that as an excuse to invade. It's getting old already. They've been doing this since like the 1700's infact. Every war you can think of was a false flag opp that started it. this is just another repeat.

And kids will be blown to bits. But lets not think about kids getting there arms and legs blown off. No lets not think about what's going to actually happen on the ground to thousands of innocent civilians. No lets just think in terms of war, the way they show it on CNN where no one gets hurt and the you=es takes over with no bloodshed and oppresses another innocent country.

8 Press people get mowed down.
7:30 - They try to help, kids in the van get murdered.

This isn't even a war. This just for fun. In war this will be happening 24/7. Let mow down some kids shall we GO YOU ES AHH HOOO RAHHH!!! We'll blow the sheat out of those little ahrab tar r ists! Better kill the sheat out of em now because it's so much fun!

edit on 7-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Why are you against taking action in Syria?

Because I don't believe the BS spewed by the corporate sponsored pressitutes.

Because I am against bombing and killing innocent people.

Because America is dead broke and should concentrate on fixing it's own problems rather than destroying the middle east and anyone else who isn't a slave to the dollar.

So, why do you oppose the intervention and the taking of action against this corrupt dictatorship of murderers?

Maybe first you might take action against the lying, murdering, thieves in your own government..

I am missing something

Yes, the truth.

is there some underlying thing that just puts the above facts to a halt that I am missing here?

Yes, the fact that your assumptions are not facts.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Woah, woah, woah. I don't know why I'm being mauled here.. I'm just trying to catch up on what is going on..

AS I SAID, I don't know of what is going on in full, AS I SAID, all I know is that they used chemical weapons or some form of weapons against innocent people. AS I SAID, I just want to know WHAT is going on in a more detailed, I don't know, less full of phony mainstream media bullshiiit, version..

I want to know why people are opposed to it and their view points, to gee I don't know get a better idea/grasp of exactly what is going on as stated above.. People who murder others in the thousands ARE murderers..

Perhaps I gave off the wrong idea.. I'm not saying that I am for intervention due to this, I don't want yet another trip to the middle east, where frankly things remain the same, and always will.. I don't want more of our men and women dying.. I think that it's their fight, it's their civil war...

I'm just paraphrasing/wording what I have read from mainstream sources as to what is going on, which is as it most often is, probably bull#, thus I want to know what is really going on, etc..

PLEASE put away the flaming sticks and pitch forks... I'm honestly just trying to understand wtf is going on..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I am against taking action in Syria because of the aftermath that will be triggered, once the first rocket has landed.

The only way to deal with this is diplomatically and some people are going to loose face, but better
injured pride than piles of innocent humans dead.

We employ diplomats at huge salaries, prestige and all the trappings but I do wonder if they are effective in the job they are supposed to do although I know their bosses are the governments with their range of perhaps non-diplomatic agendas etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It seems more like you dont know anything at all.

Most evidence and claims support the theory of the Al Nusra being behind the attacks, in an attempt to draw other nations into the war.

Personal accounts from the people in Syria, points to Assad actually helping his people, and his people supporting him. The Syrian government has given weapons to its civilians, in case they needed them. Which they probably will soon. As far as I have heard the large majority of civilians in Syria support Assad.

You dont know anything.

As for why I am against action in Syria? It will cause chaos, not only in Syria but the rest of the world. Should any outside nation interfere, Russia will back Syria and help them. I would not want Russia to enter a war with the U.S. It would destroy the world.

Also I am against action because we are not being told the truth of why the U.S wants to take action. They have lied numerous times through out this situation. They just want a puppet who answers to their every whim in Syria. Like they have done elsewhere.

edit on 7-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

It seems more like you dont know anything at all.

Most evidence and claims support the theory of the Al Nusra being behind the attacks, in an attempt to draw other nations into the war.

Personal accounts from the people in Syria, points to Assad actually helping his people, and his people supporting him. The Syrian government has given weapons to its civilians, in case they needed them. Which they probably will soon. As far as I have heard the large majority of civilians in Syria support Assad.

You dont know anything.

Like I said, I am basing what I "KNOW" I guess bad choice of words (I meant to say what I have read and understand the gist of it being) (FORGIVE ME I AM PART FRENCH AND HAVE BEEN IN FRANCE FOR QUITE AWHILE, THUS MY ENGLISH IS A BIT RUSTY AND I tend to mix up very similar words once in awhile after speaking a completely different language for months
) off of what the BULL SH** MEDIA IS COMING OFF WITH.. I DON'T KNOW WHATS FULLY GOING ON AS I SAID, THE INTENT FOR THIS THREAD WAS TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON, TRULY, AND TO CATCH UP ON WHAT IS GOING ON. I AM BASING THE INFORMATION THAT I "KNOW" (AS I SAID WRONG CHOICE OF WORDS) OFF OF NEWS REPORTS AND SO ON IN ATTEMPT FOR PEOPLE TO (AS I ASKED) CORRECT ME IN WHERE I AM WRONG AND TELL ME WHAT IS ACCURATE/TRUE.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

You said you KNEW that Assad used chemical weapons against his own people. When evidence and claims points to one simple fact. He did NOT. You are being mauled atm, because you claim to know a whole lot of stuff, when what you claim to know, is information that we here on ATS have found out are nothing but lies. We have talked about this for weeks.

Read the topics. See the information we have been told and found throughout this situation. You dont know anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Then perhaps you should have worded your OP better with these explanations and not stated that You KNOW this has happened and you KNOW that has happened.

Your OP comes across as; your knowledge on this situation is very limited, but you know that Assad is responsible for the gas attacks, what a nasty nasty man, lets go get him.

That is why you are getting mauled.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

When you say that your knowledge of the situation is limited and then go on to state that you DO know certain things, you have figuretively let the horse out of the barn. Hence the screaming villagers.

Next you'll be hearing about how you have bought the MSM lies.

But they have a point. Most of the MSM is bought and paid for by those who have a agenda.

You'll just have to do your own research and make up your own mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

You said you KNEW that Assad used chemical weapons against his own people. When evidence and claims points to one simple fact. He did NOT. You are being mauled atm, because you claim to know a whole lot of stuff, when what you claim to know, is information that we here on ATS have found out are nothing but lies. We have talked about this for weeks.

Read the topics. See the information we have been told and found throughout this situation. You dont know anything.

WHEN I SAID KNOW (AS I SAID WRONG CHOICE OF WORDS) WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE READ AND HEARD SO FAR ON THE SUBJECT, I SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT WHAT I HAVE HEARD, INSTEAD OF KNOW..

THE ENTIRE REASON THAT I POSTED THIS THREAD WAS TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON AND TO GET THE NON BULLSH** VERSION, WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY WHAT I HEARD (AS I MISTAKENLY SAID KNOW) REGARDING THE ISSUE. I ASKED TO BE INFORMED AND CORRECTED.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join