It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello... happy to be here... As we get close to the end...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

we might all be dead by next friday

reply to post by Toastbuster

Hmmm...Now those of you too young to have experienced all those years of the cold war will now know what us elders felt like...maybe we will see the birth of some great art & music come from this...you know...the tragic artists thing creates creativity...see, a silver lining...
...Oh and before I forget...Welcome to ATS...
edit on 9/7/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That's a tad rough as a welcome Jeff

We were all newbies once........................ Give a new member a chance to settle in my friend

Even Slayer signed in for the first time once

Cody

edit on Sat Sep 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As this is an introduction thread, please confine your comments to welcoming the new member....Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We lived like this constantly in the 60's ans 70's. There was ALWAYS the threat of nuclear annihilation. If you lived in a major city or near a military base, you knew that almost at any minute the Russians could hit us with a massive attack. You forgot sometimes but there was always a low level smoldering anxiety. We were blissfully ignorant as to what it would mean, in all probability, being incinerated. It was fantastic when the Cold War "ended". But the danger has never really left us. And now it's rearing its head again. If we make it, it would be nice to think maybe we will learn something and start to live with a mutual respect for the right to live. But right now there are too many monsters posing as people in the world. I hope humanity wins over brutality.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toastbuster

War is coming and i hope your all bringing in the tomato plants.

We need to get this guy out of the white house and take are country back

##snipped##
edit on 7-9-2013 by Toastbuster because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Sep 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Introductions are for intros only.....video removed.

Welcome to ATS, not sure if the end is going to be this easy, I think we will all suffer much more first, gonna leave the tomatos in the greenhouse for now though, and you may be right to remove obama, he seems to be running his own personal agenda, or it certainly appears that way.. I guess time will tell, as it always does,,
Happy posting

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Toastbuster

And I'm not amused by try-hards.

No one spells that bad, unless you're either young, or doing it on purpose.

I smell bacon.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

##snipped##

edit on Sat Sep 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Introductions are for intros only.....video removed.

I have to assume your message to bring in your tomato plants are for the civilians of Syria as THEIR gov't continues to shell their own people, including the innocence of children with bombs and more chemical weapons.

This has become more and more clear, this is a civil war within Syria with other players including Iran, Hezbollah ,Hamas and sadly to say Russia.....and of course Al Qaeda and its' affiliates.

In the end, we the United States of America will not be going to war overtly. No, the int'l community has turned its head and/or buried it in the sand. In otherwords...it's OK for Bashar al-Assad, to kill his own people in order to remain in power.

No one wants to go to war against Syria and its people, not even the American public. So Obama asked the congress, the people and other nations and tried to secure the insignificant, joke of the United Nations.

Nope, nothing is going to happen on this end.......the world apathy is disgusting and even though I find it unacceptable and deplorable and inhumane as to what is going on in the Middle East and Syria specifically, I now must just pull back and say WE, the United States of America should not overtly get involved.

For those who think that this opens the door to more terror, perhaps, but, if it is directed toward America directly, we will have no mercy!!!

Peace!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
thank everyone for the kind welcomes

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

##snipped##

What does "this guy" or the White House have to do with taking back the country? If you want your country back, try to convince the people that its their fault for dropping the ball and not holding any of their country leaders accountable. Americans must be the dumbest jackasses on the planet, for having all of this and letting it go to the elite. You reap what you sow.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
We lived like this constantly in the 60's ans 70's. There was ALWAYS the threat of nuclear annihilation. If you lived in a major city or near a military base, you knew that almost at any minute the Russians could hit us with a massive attack. You forgot sometimes but there was always a low level smoldering anxiety. We were blissfully ignorant as to what it would mean, in all probability, being incinerated. It was fantastic when the Cold War "ended". But the danger has never really left us. And now it's rearing its head again. If we make it, it would be nice to think maybe we will learn something and start to live with a mutual respect for the right to live. But right now there are too many monsters posing as people in the world. I hope humanity wins over brutality.

Its more of a threat now with all of this power brokering by the US in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
***** Thread Closed ****

Enough !!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join