It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inaction against Syria would embolden Islamists: Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Inaction against Syria would embolden Islamists: Kerry

www.thehindu.com< br />

As the Congress took steps to accelerate the voting process on the resolution to authorise military action against the Assad regime, the US Secretary of State, John Kerry, said that inaction in Syria would empower the extremist groups.

“I guarantee you if we turn our backs today, the picture we all saw in the media of people being shot, will be seen more because extremists will be attracted to this and they will be funded as the only alternative to take on Assad,” said Mr. Kerry on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What a seemingly illogical comment by John Kerry.

We have extremist rebels trying to overthrow Assad and Kerry is saying that inaction would help the rebels to grow stronger, even though action would weaken the regime the rebels are fighting! That has got to be one of the most illogical, contradictory statements ever made by a US Secretary of State.

Of course, Kerry knows America isn't going in, he is merely implanting the idea that appeasing Assad will have severe consequences down the line (which will coincidentally justify full on American military intervention as his masters want).

www.thehindu.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

[...]"extremists will be attracted to this and they will be funded as the only alternative to take on Assad,” said Mr. Kerry on Thursday.

As if this isn't already happening.

The U.S. Gov. is funding, training and equpping islamist extrimists since the Cold War era and the U.S. military does a hell of a P.R.-job for "rebels/AQ" everywhere in the middle east (just look at the drone-"war" in Pakistan for example).

John Kerry is as hypocritical as it gets.
edit on 7-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
John Kerry and logic don't mix well; the last few days have proven this beyond any possible doubt. He really needs to stop talking out of his ass.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Quitting BS would see Mr Kerry, and indeed the entire Washington system become a very quiet place. This latest and utterly insane statement from Mr Kerry is just further proof, in my estimation, that the entire arguement for taking military action in Syria cannot have a purely humanitarian aim.

What makes me angry about this situation is, that the reason that intervention in this conflict is not being touted as on humanitarian grounds, is because to advertise it as such prevents the US military from doing any of the things it is any actual use at in war. That is, carpet bombing, "surgical strikes" which next to always kill more civilians than combatants, spraying minigun rounds from choppers into vehicles driven by photographers, and so on and so forth. Without wanting to sound rude, using the US military to protect civilians by taking out the aggressors in the region, would be like using a double bearded axe to do keyhole surgery. Its not going to be effective in the role, its going to leave a mess, and the patient will die much faster, than if they had been left well alone.

Fact is, that since the US cannot in all honesty even SUGGEST that a potential mission in Syria would be humanitarian in nature, because of those reasons I mention above, they shouldnt be acting at all! No part of thier armed forces is careful enough, skilled enough, precise enough, or smart enough to get a job like preventing the further use of chemical weapons done, without killing 40 times as many civilians as combatants, and making the situation and death toll worse. That is not acceptable.

If the US do have people at thier disposal who could do the job silently, without the mobilisation of vast tonnages of men and machinery, the pointless deaths of masses of civilians, and indeed the need for some sort of occupying force, then those people are so deeply black ops that no one has ever heard of them. Those would be the only sort of people that could legitimately be sent to do neutralise this threat, and as pointed out by the OP, doing so would only strengthen the arm of Al CIAda, and apparantly the US is at war with that organisation... which it created... and funds... and supplies... and trains...

What a can of crap!
edit on 7-9-2013 by TrueBrit because: Grammar issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Either the man is a complete moron or he is as evil as evil can get. I am betting my house and all my life savings on the later.

Disgusting as hell. He doesn't even know when to call it quits like mccain did.

Sure no one is perfect, but man oh man!

The american government has practically admitted about a year ago, if not more, that they completly support alqueda and the last 6 months given weapons to muslim brotherhood via turkey and saudi arabia. They saw what happened in egpyt, they see muslims burning down christian churches, they see them destroy economies, they see them try to install sharia law, they see russia making a fuss, YET they still keep being stupid as hell.

People make mistakes. Grow up kerry. Heck you and Obama belong IN JAIL!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Seems the lying old heck John Kerry is taking the memo points from John McCain.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I think action against Syria will embolden humanity to stand against government. Occupy movement would be a flash in the pan by comparison.

**I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

“I guarantee you if we turn our backs today, the picture we all saw in the media of people being shot, will be seen more because extremists will be attracted to this and they will be funded as the only alternative to take on Assad,” said Mr. Kerry on Thursday.

Big propaganda effort.

Don't listen to this complete BeeEss from Kerry and Obama.

They are trying to butter up the public.

It's always 'if this' or 'if that', 'maybe this' 'maybe that' garbage.

Notice especially how they are setting up scapegoats ahead of time on this one.

Regardless of the outcome, they can squirm out of the blame.

Can't wait for Obama's 'appeal' speech Tuesday.

Watch for the somber little puppy act.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No, Mr. Kerry .... bombing the secular gov't of Syria will embolden the Islamists.
That's what the 'rebels' are!

PRAVDA - John Kerry Speaks Nonsense says Russian Expert

(It's a sad day when I have to go to the Russian paper PRAVDA to get the news)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The only thing that will get the good people of the USA to want to go to war will be a False Flag event on American Soil. It would have to be a big one. Which sux because, I do not think it would be past TPTB to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Either the man is a complete moron or he is as evil as evil can get. I am betting my house and all my life savings on the later.

Disgusting as hell. He doesn't even know when to call it quits like mccain did.

Sure no one is perfect, but man oh man!

The american government has practically admitted about a year ago, if not more, that they completly support alqueda and the last 6 months given weapons to muslim brotherhood via turkey and saudi arabia. They saw what happened in egpyt, they see muslims burning down christian churches, they see them destroy economies, they see them try to install sharia law, they see russia making a fuss, YET they still keep being stupid as hell.

People make mistakes. Grow up kerry. Heck you and Obama belong IN JAIL!

Well, we know he is Skull and Bones.

He's playing a role, he knows America isn't going in just yet, his 'views' are supposed to be blatantly ridiculous because it's part of the agenda. At this time, people are SUPPOSED to see through his nonsense remarks as it sets polarised views- Congress doesn't support it, Obama will support that decision and the west will 'pay the price' of appeasing a ruthless dictator in Assad. It's a script, propably planned months or even years in advance.

new topics

top topics

join