It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contractor change at the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR); CSC out, PAE in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
CSC ran the "threats" around the range. ["Threats" are surface to air units that have been de-milled, i.e. they just have radar and cameras, but no missiles. Essentially a "virtual" enemy.] You can see CSC on the door of this truck if you zoom in.

webpage of "threats"

PAE Completes Acquisition of CSC’s Applied Technology Division ARLINGTON, Va., July 19, 2013 –

PAE, a leading provider of global mission services, announced today that its acquisition of Computer Sciences Corporation’s (NYSE: CSC) Applied Technology Division (ATD) is complete.

“We are very pleased to officially welcome the ATD employees to the PAE family,” said PAE President Mike Dignam. “It marks a significant step in our progress towards becoming an industry-leading service provider.”

“With the addition of ATD, PAE’s operations will expand to include new capabilities, such as support services for space, test and training ranges, and deepen existing service offerings,” Dignam adds. “Our workforce has expanded and diversified as well, with a shared commitment to supporting our customers’ missions with excellence and integrity.”

PAE is a leading provider of global mission services to the U.S. Government and its allied partners. For over fifty years, PAE has provided training, logistics, and operations and maintenance services to support complex missions for customers around the world. With the addition of ATD, PAE employs approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries and is headquartered in Arlington, Va. # # #

PAE website

Nothing particularly earth shattering here. Just a FYI for those that visit the range and perhaps see a different name on the trucks. Usually at the end of a nighttime Red Flag session, you will see the "threats" leaving the inner area of the range at the Cedar Gate on the ET Highway. Also from the "back gate" near Rachel.

BTW, if you haven't been tracking the NTTR weather, it has been hell on earth for a few weeks. Lots of water vapor in the air. The link below leads to a page where you can see the weather from Tikaboo Peak.
Tikaboo weather station

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Weather has been worse then hell lately. I am still living 20 miles from the NTTR and it is currently 11:11pm and it is still 33% humidity outside according to my Walmart Weather Station!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertShadow
reply to post by gariac

Weather has been worse then hell lately. I am still living 20 miles from the NTTR and it is currently 11:11pm and it is still 33% humidity outside according to my Walmart Weather Station!

At high altitude, like on TIkaboo, the RH is in the 50% plus range. The photo from the TIkaboo cam shows virga (watch your spelling on that one). Virga is rain that evaporates before it hits the ground.

I suspect Groom hasn't had much of a chance to do much testing in the last few weeks with the poor weather conditions.

new topics

join