It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says he’s confident Americans will want military strike in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
He can count out those of us at this residence from 'wanting a military strike in Syria'.

I suppose all the nuke the middle east patriots will be eagerly awaiting the show,

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm going to count the number of times he uses the word 'children'.

If there is anything Americans have a soft spot for, it is The Children.

"We are the world, we are the children....."

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think he is in complete denial of reality.

The people who surround him are total yes people, telling him if he "thinks its right" then with his "great oratory" skills he can easily convince the 499 against to 1 in favor to change their minds.

I am very very worried this will start a war that will end up with horrific consequences on our own shores AND ultimately drag us into another 10 year war we have no business being in.

Russia and Iran have vowed to oppose us. The pope is holding vigils against Obama. China is sending war ships and they aren't there to help us.

I think the American people need to openly and freely express their concern for his sanity.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
more wishy-washy 'teeter-totter' from the administration that IS these united states... to both we citizens and the world.

I'm going to ask for congressional support....

Despite the lack of Congressional support, We, as The World, must act on this matter in order to reemphasize Our Global Stance on the use of CW in these type situations .... against an innocent populace .... & innocent children.

'No Boots On The Ground' .... on a combat mission, but we might need a few thousand to secure/take control of and guard the 'chemical weapons stockpiles' and other related facilities.

for how long, is yet to be seen

but, We, the World, must take military action against a leader and a regime that would manufacture, possess and even use chemical weapons or agents against it's own innocent civilian populace ... yes.... even innocent children by the hundreds ... if not thousands.

We, The World, Must Act.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there. i think i got it pretty much wrapped up in a sort of 12m8keall2c-type Cliff Note.

edit on 9/7/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
He will probably run a slideshow on the dead and injured children.

Interesting you should say that. I just say a CNN video report of a video of clips Obama is showing Senators of the attack.

What do the clips show? Victims, either dead or dying, including children.

What do the videos NOT show? Who perpetuated the attacks.

A clever pathos play to gain and cement support for the attack.

"Look at the dead people! Looks at the little girl dying after this horrible attack! Look at the boy foaming at the mouth! Assad is responsible! (Even though we don't have proof) We must BOMB THAT PLACE!"

Makes me sick he's going the pathos route.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I to would be confident Americans would want a military strike..

If I ignored the American people completely and just listened to my Backroom Staff

Riouz

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
0bama is setting up the neocon-zionist-banker elites/globalists for a face-slap & complete dishonorable sendoff

0bama is allowing the Hawks... to lie & put all kinds of biased BS to start a war-on-Syria
but 0bama an Putin in Russia and China all know this current crisis is a false flag operation

0bama & his Muslim cadre of Administration leadership will be the ones to Listen to Reason on the Proof/Evidence' that exonerates ASSAD from using Sarin Gas on his population..
the Russins have this proof already..........and 0bama will play the role of deep-pondering-leadership--- and stand-down despite his earlier stance of bombing/cruise missile attacks on Syria ~no matter what~

0bama, will then be lauded as a real great leader

0bama and his Muslim Brotherhood/Islamic heart...that is mixed with Marxist heartfelt despisal of the USA will thus gain mass appeal with the sheeple voters...
& his cadre of Muslim Brotherhood/radical Islamic supporters will gain even more leadership positions in the USA thus supplanting the existing power over the government we CT'ers call the Globalists and the Banker Cartel who presently is in charge of the USA Shadow Government
edit on 7-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Translation:

I'm confident that, once I show you—and bombard you with— a bunch of pictures and video of dead and dying children, even though that's all I have, you'll want to bomb Syria too.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
MMMMM America is with me...Yeah right...I remember when I had my first beer. Look at the 2 clips of Macaine being hammered with no come back! Poll 499 to 1. Our state reps were on the air after talking to Obama on the phone say more proof is neede, They will vote no and they are Democrats.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by beezzer
It'll be good theatre, short on substance, full of emotional rhetoric, and blame.

(5 internetz bet says he'll mention Bush)

I'll see your 5 internetz and raise you 10 that amongst the biggest in the word cloud will be 'children', 'responsibility' and 'future'.

How about all of the above? It will seem as though "it's the moral, ethical thing to do." Play World Police for "for the children". It still isn't our fight and I question who is actually paying for it. Saudi? Since when did we become a nation of mercs?? (oops, apoligies, "PMC's)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
He will probably run a slideshow on the dead and injured children.

Who needs that when he can just hire some Middle Eastern looking guys to burn an American flag in the middle of some desert.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Yes! I said all of that tho not in so many words!! LOL Anyway I think most Americans aren't even paying attention to Syria right now, most Americans are too worried about Football, American Idol or whatever it is that they are worried about! They have been "dumbed" down by years of television etc they don't care about things that are going on in the world! I didn't vote for Obama either time, but know many who did and they know NOTHING about Syria, or that Obama is about to drag us into their war! I really do believe that after his "campaign" starts on Monday going on all the major networks and giving interviews and then his statement to the American people Tuesday night, that by Wednesday morning those Americans who I mentioned will be gung-ho about bombing Syria! Just think of the children!

I mean we are talking about a man who convinced a nation he was worthy to be president again, and for the first time for that matter!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Translation:

I'm confident that, once I show you—and bombard you with— a bunch of pictures and video of dead and dying children, even though that's all I have, you'll want to bomb Syria too.

You nailed it. That is precisely what he is doing. See this CNN article here:

cnn

No evidence it was Assad, no real talk about the potential for a larger regional conflict or even a war with Russia, not even a plan as for what to do about the rampant foreign militants operating in Syria and what Syria will look like after they have Assad out of the way. Just pulling on the heart strings of the gullible. Yes, it is atrocious that children were Gassed. No, that does not mean that military strikes against Assad are the right course of action.

Feinstein even goes so far as to say her constituents opinions don't matter, since "They don't know what she knows".

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Why does this whole Syria chemical weapons thing feel so much like the lame explanation we got for Benghazi? So on Tuesday, Obama will play the part of Susan Rice.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
But wait there's more ....
he will give interviews before addressing the Nation, on Monday, to boost support

Source

President Obama is sitting down with anchors from six networks Monday as he pushes his case for strikes on Syria. ABC’s Diane Sawyer, CBS’s Scott Pelley, NBC’s Brian Williams, PBS’s Gwen Ifill, Fox News Channel’s Chris Wallace, and CNN’s Wolf Blitzer will interview the president Monday afternoon. The Fox and CNN interviews are set to air in the 6pmET hour of “Special Report” and “The Situation Room,” respectively. President Obama is also planning to address the urgency of targeted strikes in a televised speech Tuesday.

Also today, CNN’s Jake Tapper got a hold of the videos that the Obama administration is showing lawmakers to prove their case for striking Syrian weapons sites. The videos, very graphic in nature, show the aftermath of a chemical attack, but still do not prove who was behind the Aug. 21 attack.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

So, does the world understand

a- how displeased we are with our government?

b- that we don't want any more war, and really didn't want the last 10 years worth?

what Obama does is not "America". That is "Obama".

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It'll be good theatre, short on substance, full of emotional rhetoric, and blame.

(5 internetz bet says he'll mention Bush)

I'll see that Major-- and up you a 32mm thick slice of DF's Precision
Spinach (and yes, julienne carrot topping insteada pear tomato)
that he brings up at least two of W's old advisors as mortar for his bricks.

Ref. ; Rummy seems to be weighing in that it's ill-advised too.
Ya Think, Don? I'm sure by the time Beat (Up)the Press starts
tomorrow morning it'll look like a Heritage Foundation Alumni party.

This is going to tuck Fearsome Leader so far under his own tour bus
he won't be able to swap out a set of violin strings. Many of the Beltway
pundits haven't been watching exactly how many factions are lining up
for the House Pig Roast if he goes in alone... and Obo's really getting there.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Obama

Our National debt, unemployment and high taxes are more a threat to the national security of these United States than some small countries use of chemical weapons designed to defeat Al-Qaeda type people.

It is horrible that chemicals were used in war, yes, but if you and others continue to spend our National treasure on every trivial (1400 of 7 billion humans is trivial...like it or not) misuse of power in the world you will bankrupt America and we will no longer be able to stand up against true threats to humanity.

No American wants us to be the police of the world. In fact those of us who elected you are the majority of people who do not want us to be the police of the world.

The world and your own people have spoken. We do not want you to go to war with Syria even if you attempt to redefine what we all know is an act of war.

DEATH is death no matter if it is a bullet like the 100000 Syrians who died to none WMD or if your one of the unfortunate 1400 who died to chemicals that you have to admit are not sure was caused by Bashar Assad.

In fact evidence is there that maybe the rebels used the chemicals.

Please step back and be the honest man many of us believed you to be and choose peace.

Thank you,

Citizen who wont be voting for anyone who votes for war.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What Americans want is international consistency when conflicts like these, especially internal/civil affairs of foreign nations occur. What Americans do not want is our government, and multinational agencies, e.g., United Nations, NATO, to cherry-pick which incidents we get involved in. The politicking is astounding and outright disgusting, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If it ends 100% of the Lizard made HU(snake)MAN(ape) race for ever and ever. I'm all in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join