It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says he’s confident Americans will want military strike in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I do hope this wont be a repeat performance of launching the attack and revealing afterwards they were wrong about the chemical attacks evidence , just like how there were no WMDs in the Gulf War.

Just speculating ...
I don't think the American govt really cares about having a bad reputation or seen as the aggressor. This might be them wanting to be seen as the world police. Everything might run smoothly, they will hide anything that would look otherwise and they come out of this a heroes the rest of the world will worship. God I hope not!

Either way we all know everything is always part of a bigger scheme. Something will change for all of us.
edit on 7-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The collective attention span of the populace is comparable to a goldfishs the media outlets have already received their marching orders to soften everyone's resolve on the issue. When Obama steps up to sell this turd to the people their minds will already be soft from the MSM drum beats and will already be prepared to compromise.

It's all been done before. Meet the new boss same as the last.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Well, I guess someone should tell him that is is wrong in his over confidence.
I truly feel for the people in Syria, and Egypt and everywhere else that there is senseless killing going on. I just don't think we need to get involved. Not because people don't need our help, but because the truth is too hazy at the moment. How do we know who we are helping, and why on earth would we help out factions that in all honesty would rather see us dead to begin with.

I vote that we fire all of the worlds governments and throw the angry ones into a ring somewhere to beat the crap out of each other without hurting so many innocents. It's too bad that we all know how much good a vote does us anymore. We can replace them with farmers and monks, people who understand hard work and real peace.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Exactly!!!
Well said

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I sympathize with with the Syrians as well. The thing is, it's a completely different culture in the Middle East. They know their own business best. We really shouldn't interfere. Imagine the shoe, or boot as it were, being on the other foot, with them coming here. Hearing a fighter jet fly overhead and having to wonder in a state of terror where the bomb will land. They seem to live this way anyways, why make it worse? It's kind of like hearing your neighbours fighting and busting in there "ok that's enough" and giving one of them a #- kicking. Stirring up more trouble.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just caught this video in benevolent heretic's thread

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I'm sure it will be just another prepared speech. Just more reading from the teleprompter. Kinda makes you wonder who is putting the words in his mouth. He must feel like a dummy sitting on someone's knee speaking words, and he doesn't even know where they came from.

Kaw-Liga the wooden Indian comes to mind.

This guy has no idea how the American people feel about his wars or his agenda.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by violet

I really do think he will be able to talk to most Americans into bombing Syria!! He is an awesome speaker, and can talk his way out of or into anything!! The rest of us he'll call us "crazy" "unpatriotic" or whatever works for him, but I do think that by Wednesday morning most Americans who weren't paying attention or were undecided will suddenly be on board to bomb Syria!

the way to deal with an awesome speaker who spouts nothing but lies is to turn off the tv.
I cant stand looking at him on tv.
he insults most people by assuming they agree with him

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

reply to post by violet

I really do think he will be able to talk to most Americans into bombing Syria!! He is an awesome speaker, and can talk his way out of or into anything!!

I don't think he could convince a dieing man to buy eternal life for a song.

It's more like the vast majority of America (and the rest of the modern world for that matter) are so dumbed down from their daily fluoride intake and too concerned with their iPhones, FaceBook and American Idol to actually listen to what he's been saying lately and to look around at what's going on.

Half way through his speech they are going to nod off or tire of his monotone (long pause) dialogging, go back into zombie mode and the next day they will get a recap of what was said and what their supposed to do from the usual trusted source. The mainstream media.
You know Fair and Balanced and all that...

I don't mean for this to sounds as if I am attacking you or anyone else, I just think it's more an issue of a significant portion of society is dumbed way down Vs. Obama is a convincing speech giver.

Earlier today on another web site while talking about the current Syria debacle, I was told by someone that "if I think Obama shares some of the blame for the state the country is in, that I need to give my head a shake."
This person is such a die hard supporter of him that she actually said that he doesn't even deserve SOME of the blame.

I'm pretty sure right after our chat she went to go take pictures of herself making duck faces in the mirror to post on FaceBook or something.

These people are the reason nothing ever happens about the crap our Governments pull. Weather it be circumventing the constitution, ignoring it completely, law breaking, treason, war crimes, you name it, these are the people that far outnumber us.
By us, I mean the ones who are well aware of the lies and deceit, both past and present, aware of the fact that something is VERY wrong with our Governments. They are the reason we cannot unite together to end the corruption and get our countries headed back in the right direction.

This is starting to look like a rant and for that I'm sorry. I'm just so sick of the present state of our world right now and it seems no matter how loud I yell, I just can't seem to wake up any of the morons around me. It's like no one really G'sAF and it's sickening.

Anyway, those are some of my feelings on the world around me. ~Sigh~

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

im worried about what he might do

Hopefully he will gas himself to show us all how nasty chemical weapons are.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by autopat51

im worried about what he might do

Hopefully he will gas himself to show us all how nasty chemical weapons are.

Oooooh maaaaan...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Who's to say the rebels didn't gas their own people? Besides there are no US vital national interests in Syria.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It'll be good theatre, short on substance, full of emotional rhetoric, and blame.

(5 internetz bet says he'll mention Bush)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Obama says he’s confident Americans will want military strike in Syria,

I'm confident that (most) Americans will NOT want a military strike and I'm confident that (many) Americans now realize Obama is in way over his head and can't do the job he was elected to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I really do think he will be able to talk to most Americans into bombing Syria!!

Well .. you have a point. He talked the majority of voters into voting for him. And he was able to talk his way into being awarded a freak'n Nobel Peace Prize ... :shk:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It'll be good theatre, short on substance, full of emotional rhetoric, and blame.

(5 internetz bet says he'll mention Bush)

I'll see your 5 internetz and raise you 10 that amongst the biggest in the word cloud will be 'children', 'responsibility' and 'future'.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

He can persuade?

What is he gonna use to persuade people who have clearly spoken against action in Syria? Does he have Jedi powers or something because that would be the only way he could persuade people in this country. I have not seen ONE comment on any site so far where an American wants action in Syria.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
He's not going to convince anyone of anything.

What is going to happen (in my opinion), is the media will bombard the people with reports that talk about the strikes like it's already a done deal and is going to happen regardless and most of the people who are saying no will do just what they've done in the past when the government has blatantly ignored their wishes, nothing, then he will fail to secure Congressional approval to strike, and then he will order the strike while ignoring any outcry that arises, and later he will say he had to because "it was the right thing to do."

and the beat goes on.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Dude.. I seriously though sept 11th fot a while. Lol maybe that's how he's going to convince em. "We're gonna get "em on thr day those towers fell. So don't you dare forget, and raise hell." Then he has the country music fan vote.

Seriously though unless he means to lock us up in camps til we agree, it ain't happenin'. What if he kust plans to convimce the world we supported it, or use fake polls to convimce on the femce Americans that support is raising with other Americans.
edit on 7-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So we should expect another 9/11 soon, how lovely. Call me naive, I didn't expect this kind of douchery from Obama... But I'm slowly learning how little his part is in the decision making process anyway. I still find it hard to believe how despicable some human beings can be, and how the more sick and demented they are, the more they're attracted to power. God help us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join