It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says he’s confident Americans will want military strike in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So he will be talking you into it

Do you Americans think you can be convinced?

President Barack Obama says he understands the American public’s deep skepticism about launching military action against Syria. But he says he is confident he can persuade Americans that the use of chemical weapons in Syria requires a military response.

Obama says he needs to convince the nation that his plans would be “limited and proportional” and designed to uphold international norms. Obama says a chemical attack in Syria last month was carried out by President Bashar al-Assad’s military.

Source

He plans to make his case to the American people in an address Tuesday night.

So this must mean a military strike won't happen until after Tuesday.
Do you think it would start on September 11th?
edit on 7-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
im worried about what he might do
to convince us.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
can someone say: Hagailian dialectic

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
He will probably run a slideshow on the dead and injured children.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Likely it's already started with: shill army full force, propaganda, false flag/s, study that non supporters are crazy, etc. According to MSM it won't be a limited strike, he'll have to demand for them to change their information.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I really do think he will be able to talk to most Americans into bombing Syria!! He is an awesome speaker, and can talk his way out of or into anything!! The rest of us he'll call us "crazy" "unpatriotic" or whatever works for him, but I do think that by Wednesday morning most Americans who weren't paying attention or were undecided will suddenly be on board to bomb Syria!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
False flag = convince the American people.

This guy is worst than Bush!

Screw you and your handlers Obama!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Sure .. after another false flag attack on US soil/property to happen between September 25th and November 5th.

I'm quite confident another invasion/intervention by US forces is on the way. Cause Obama will look like a fool if it doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Mr President, I am fully confident that the people that agree with you on being part of this civil war need their heads examined.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If a Syrian strike means the destruction of life as WE NOW KNOW IT.

Im in. and Yes I will admit I said this in a death row Saturni Court of LAW

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

I think he can convince most as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I’m against another war but I can think of one good reason to go in and secure the gas.

What would happen to the western nations if the extremist rebel factions got their hands on some of the stores of agents that Syria is supposed to have tons of? Don’t you think the extremist’s have already thought about that?

Their mouths are probably watering at the thought of all of the people they could kill with that much.

I would call that a threat to our national security. And quite frankly, the rebels using it worries me more than Assad using it does.

If he had evidence of this it would convince me!
edit on 9/7/2013 by trontech because: On Topic

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
He will be addressing the public on the eve of 9-11 attacks.
I wonder when that date comes around it has an affect on people's decisions?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yeah , the American Sheeple that Kiss his Feet will be convinced , but the rest of US will want to see this Imposter First Impeached , then Tried in Court for his Many Crimes Against Humanity.......

directorblue.blogspot.com...
edit on 7-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Op, I think he'd have better luck talking a man out of his last canteen of water, walking across the desert, with miles left to go.

This is so ridiculous it's funny, but then it's not because it's just plain pathetic. Your OP here talks about him trying to win us over. It's accurate. He's indicated this. A story out at 10:30 Eastern this morning said he wouldn't rule out going without congressional support and still figures he has the right to. Just a few minutes ago, on Drudge, I was reading a story saying he was considering calling the whole thing off for such hard lack of support. That one datelines early this evening and not necessarily in logical sequence to anything else.

He's not even trying or apparently able to convey a single, coherent message or policy. Even the media, traditionally understanding to him when possible, is all over the place in confusion.

He needs to get his OWN story and position straight before convincing anyone else. No one believes a thing if he can't do that. I think it's time he put the Golf clubs away for a few months, cancel the beer summits and tell the speech writers to go..write something else for awhile. This living by other people's words is catching up with him, real bad, IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Hmmm. More false flags, I presume.

Apparently they think we'll keep falling for false flags and WMD claims forever and ever—while conveniently forgetting that our own government has committed far more and worse international war crimes than Assad ever thought about in his most evil dreams.

Maybe he'll produce the "polls" his handlers produced to convince him that we just need a little... nudge....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can't remember from the last US air strikes. Did the president address the public before or after they began the strikes?

I'm wondering if his speech is timed to happen after it starts and he plans to say why they did it. Too late, already done. He's made it clear he doesn't need the UN or Congrees. Why would he care what you all think, he isn't going for re- election is he?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just my humble Opinion

It really doesn't matter if he has support from anyone or Evidence (which military equipment and personnel have already moved into key positions), without Evidence
These people have an Agenda and are ruthless ...
Strikes will happen

I hope I am wrong ,please I hope I am wrong

Riouz

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
if his political career was a sport it would be Texas holdem and he would be the king of the bluff! except this time obama is holding a uno card #4 and a pokemon card however the cards on the table are 6,7,8,K,Q and putin is holding 9,10 with a straight flush and obama is all in

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Good one....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join