It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me identify these pics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I put this thread in here because these seem to be world wide journalistic type photos but there is no description (or either I'm blind as a bat or my browser's acting funny)

Here's the link. (warning... prepare to be unsettled by many of them)

www.exposefun.com...

I'm trying to identify where many of them could come from and since there seems to be no description, I'd like to perhaps identify as many as possible. there are many. if anyone has any guesses, please number the picture from the top. I just can't figure out where, for example, a HUGE rock would be situated on top of a car.... or why there are such massive examples of landslides and global disaster and I'm not placing them. After looking at some of these pictures, if several of them do not make you say "WHERE THE HECK IS THAT FROM?" then you won't get my reasons for making this thread so please ignore... but I'm sure many of you will understand after looking at them.

I'm having a major WTF moment because of the level of human distress that I'm not able to place and I'm really starting to feel our media shelters us to some very important things we need to look at...and look at long and hard.

If this would be better in another forum... I don't know which one so I just put in here.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I'm trying to identify where many of them could come from and since there seems to be no description, I'd like to perhaps identify as many as possible.

All you have to do is put the link to each image into Google Image Search and it will tell you where the images are from. I tried several from your link and they all came up perfectly.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I'm trying to identify where many of them could come from and since there seems to be no description, I'd like to perhaps identify as many as possible.

All you have to do is put the link to each image into Google Image Search and it will tell you where the images are from. I tried several from your link and they all came up perfectly.

"Google Image search" or "Google search by image"??

I assume you mean search by image because it's the only one coming up with results and most of it is just taking me to different blogs with the same pictures sans description. I did find one though.... and I will keep trying but I'm certainly not getting results like you mention... but thanks.,

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Still yet to find the description of the rock on top of the car. I'm getting allstate ads, I'm getting progressive ads, I'm getting some smashed car forums that are talking about wrecked cars which still does not explain how a boulder got on top of the car. I'm even getting a story about a guy who was driving in the french alps and had a boulder land on top of his car, which is understandable when you're driving in the french alps...and that story page used the picture in question but clearly stated it was not the picture that belonged to the actual story.

Still no luck on that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And the one right under that... the guys in black with huge chains and HUGE spiny caterpillars on their arms. I'm getting dump truck ads, S&M innuendoes and every smart ass comment bloggers can think up... but no description...and that one is another one I REALLY want to know the origins of.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The boulder on the car picture is a flattened taxi from the Sichuan Earthquake in 2008

Here's a reliable source: The Telegraph

Just google it (image search) and look through the results, try to find the ones that aren't blogs or forums.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Those are cactus not caterpillars it turns out. It is an Easter passion procession from Mexico.

La Gaceta

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

If you give me some direction I'll help you out some. I don't feel like going through them all though, so which ones are you having the most trouble with or that you find the most compelling?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
The boulder on the car picture is a flattened taxi from the Sichuan Earthquake in 2008

Here's a reliable source: The Telegraph

Just google it (image search) and look through the results, try to find the ones that aren't blogs or forums.

I did and looked through quite a few links before posting that reply, lol.

I find it very unusual that the boulder landed on top of the car because there's so many buildings around.
Usually you don't put buildings near falling rocks... I would think. I know in the us there are highways where rocks fall, but buildings where people might dwell most of the day??? that is just so unusual to me. I don't know where the mountain is from that picture, but if the mountain is that close, they shouldn't have put buildings by it.

As for the other picture. That is funny that that is not caterpillars. I had no idea what that was but when I searched google, it immediately came up with "big caterpillar" That is what google sees when the image is searched.
edit on 7-9-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

yeah that's a shortcoming with google since the more people that talk about caterpillars in relation to that picture the more Google thinks that it is a picture of caterpillars.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Several of those look familiar, and while I could try to make comments on them (like the one with the huge Zimbabwean bill, that has to do with their hyperinflation issues) there is only one I can definitely remember the story behind.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

That is this man: en.wikipedia.org... I remember because I read his story in the newspaper when it happened, and for some reason it stuck with me.

He was severely burned in Iraq, resulting in the appearance in the photo. After his injuries, his girlfriend agreed to marry him anyway, which just goes to show that both of them must have been pretty decent people. (her for accepting him despite his injuries, and him for being someone she wanted to marry in that situation) The wiki article says they divorced later, which I hadn't known before, but in any event, most of the story is there, and with a name to put behind the face, you can do your own research now

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Thanks for that information... What a tragic story.
There were other Iraq burn victims in the thread and I thought that might be the case for that picture but had not yet seen the story.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Serbian government and Global Capital Advisors Management (GCAM) on Wednesday signed a memorandum on cooperation in which the United Arab Emirates company pledges to invest in the Serbian infrastructure and construction industry.

Arun Panchariya

top topics

join