It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Americans Do If Obama Pulls A Bush?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

I'm going to be a bit optimistic here - and I'm usually so cynical. This is the first issue ever that the left/right/moderate peoples that even listen a little to the news has agreed on - I'll repeat EVER!

Combine that with a most likely false flag they will create in 'merica to convince us stooges that assad is bombing us, too. People are going to see through this - especially if it's an EMP and their cable goes out.

The really big question is - what will our military forces do? obama has fired just about anyone the PTB thought had a conscious - but there's alot of people in the military - and they have a lot of family back in the "homeland" -as DHS would say it.

TPTB want america destroyed - a financial collapse is coming our way - and if you still have a job - you pretty much understand this. What happens if the gov't can't send checks out due to an EMP?

This could get interesting - and the americans might end up on the same side.

PS see poland taking half of people's personal retirement funds for themselves. Even the fairly comfortable people here have something to fear.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

When Bush did this and started a war without congress, we were all pissed and needed to punch somebody so we picked Saddam. It worked. It worked well enough that he still had huge support even after we proved that not only were there no WMDs, but that they actually knew that there weren't before we invaded.

reply to post by Cuervo

My husband passed away at the early age of 45 in 2010...He was in the Army, He died because of exposure after bombing a chemical gas manufacturing facility in Iraq. It infuriates me when folks claim there were no weapons of mass destruction...Get your facts straight.

edit on 9/7/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
When Obama invades Syria and then Iran in the same process and then gives more than 40 billion to Joe Biden's company to go rebuild those countries ....THEN we can compare this to the Iraq war.

Until then comparing this to what bush did is pure hyperbole

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I think NATO really believed Iraq had WMD in the beginning - not exactly surprising being as how western govts SOLD them to Iraq in order to fight Iran (the US gov never forgave Iran for deposing the Shah).

Obviously Iraq had either used, sold, or de-commissioned most or all of them before the NATO invasion.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
what war did bush start without congress?

Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals,[2][7] H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,[8] and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23.[9] It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107–243 by President Bush on October 16, 2002.

pay attention!!

did hillary rotten clinton say she supported military action?
yes she did, and she voted FOR it.
so did
john botox kerry,
dead kennedy,
but hey, at least robert "kkk" byrd voted against the war. i guess he only liked bombing black people, not brown people.

i guess if you lie to yourself enough times, you start to believe your own lies.

either that or something about a "box of rocks".

edit on 7-9-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

When Bush did this and started a war without congress, we were all pissed and needed to punch somebody so we picked Saddam. It worked. It worked well enough that he still had huge support even after we proved that not only were there no WMDs, but that they actually knew that there weren't before we invaded.

reply to post by Cuervo

My husband passed away at the early age of 45 in 2010...He was in the Army, He died because of exposure after bombing a chemical gas manufacturing facility in Iraq. It infuriates me when folks claim there were no weapons of mass destruction...Get your facts straight.

I hate to hear stories like that and from the bottom of my soul, I am deeply sympathetic to your loss.

I had a long rebuttal to your post but I just erased it. It is not worth mincing words with you and bringing back memories that are likely painful. I hope you find solace in the fact that Saddam (who was undeniably a deadly man) is no longer in power. That was an outcome that did improve the world and your husband was part of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Simply not true, Americans of all kinds of ideologies are getting active in their opposition to this.
Don't perpetuate the myth that we don't care.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

------------------>if

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'm confused here. Iraq was OK'd by congress, and Afghanistan was in retaliation to a very large an successful attack on our soil. Yes both have lasted far too long, and achieved far too little, but neither were unconstitutional.

Nice attempt at Bush bashing, but you are comparing two different situations.

If we were to attack Syria, we are supporting the wrong side. Technically we still have troops in Afghanistan AND Iraq. It doesnt make much sense to have our enemies in one countries be our allies in another. None of Obama's suggested actions make sense.

The US needs to just sit back for a couple of decades and observe. We need to stop being the instigators, and only come in when asked by allies. We have been hurting our relations more than helping them the last 10 years, and need to just take a step back and chill out.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I had a long rebuttal to your post but I just erased it. It is not worth mincing words with you and bringing back memories that are likely painful. I hope you find solace in the fact that Saddam (who was undeniably a deadly man) is no longer in power. That was an outcome that did improve the world and your husband was part of it.
reply to post by Cuervo

Much respect to you for saying this...Yes it is hard for me to read these war themed threads I try not to visit them because of the way I feel towards war and the pain and loss it has caused me...It takes away my capability to be objective/subjective...Any ways good thread S&F...now I'm off to other realms...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by yourmaker

Simply not true, Americans of all kinds of ideologies are getting active in their opposition to this.
Don't perpetuate the myth that we don't care.

Still a vast minority in comparison, not to in-dignify your cause.

I've seen many a thing over the past little while that proves otherwise.

I don't want to perpetuate anything against what you are trying to accomplish, only speaking on what I see.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Thanks for your response.

I sincerely hope you are right. It is a big deal.

Perhaps I'm a bit jaded. Maybe a bit myopic.

I just don't see it happening short of "TPTB" declaring war on the people. I mean, actually declare. Not just using propaganda to ramp up the escalating unrest, rigging elections, or misappropriating war efforts in far off lands.

Even the acknowledgment of ongoing domestic espionage makes ripples, not waves. The criminal state of the legal system alone should have people up in arms. Something is terribly amiss. It seems Americans are more willing to fight each other than a corrupt establishment.

There probably is a breaking point. One that would see the American people united. I just don't think this particular incident would be the last straw. It's probably going to have to hit closer to home... as you suggest...

If the cable goes out people won't see anything outside of their neighborhood. An interesting scenario no doubt, though it stands to reason that since the news networks and other broadcasting systems are perhaps the most effective tools in disseminating disinformation they would need to remain intact... to do the convincing. (Everyone stay calm and indoors, unless you're shopping.)

I don't know if the lights going out is exactly optimistic. That is exactly what I mean by medieval. It's likely to result in more turmoil. Rioting, looting, rationing, confiscation... Recent history has exhibited that people can easily become animals when faced with large scale calamity.

What would the military do? What it's made to do. Destroy #. It's nice to think that most military personnel wouldn't carryout unconstitutional orders, but how many of them even know the difference? Many if not most of them are just as complacent, ignorant, or apathetic as the rest of us. Just like most of us that have jobs, they will probably do theirs... as ordered.

Here's to hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join