It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget rabbit, duck season — it's drone season for hunters in Colorado town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hello people and all members,

www.nydailynews.com...

Did you see this....

The drone hunting license sold by Phil Steel of Droneshooters.com for use in Deer Trail, Colo., may just be a novelty, but a thousand people have applied to get one.

Deer Trail, Colo., has a population of just 500, but has seen 1,000 applicants for its proposed licenses to ‘hunt’ unmanned surveillance drones like this one. The novelty license promises a $100 ‘bounty’ to shooters who bring in debris from an unmanned aircraft ‘known to be owned or operated by the United States federal government.’

How funny is that!?! I think I'm going to apply. Shoot down some bs drone and get a $100 bounty. I live in AZ so it would be an awesome vacation.
edit on 6-9-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

I had heard about this but hadn't seen any images, thanks!

I like the embossed seal that says "Death from Below"

That said, if you see that drone (a predator with hellfire missiles on it), you may not want to fire at it.

edit on 6-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

True you're screwed if the thing returns fire.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Cost of gas to drive to town and buy a license: $5

Cost of License: $100

Cost of .50 Barrett Rifle: $8,000

Amount of court ordered restitution after conviction: $4.5 Million

Look on your family's face when they come to deliver the notice to appear?

Priceless!

(BTW What goes up...comes down somewhere. It hurts too! Be safe!)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

But you get to shoot a drone.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think I'll do this too. I'll head out to thelocal park and wait for them 'drones'. When I see them, I'll shoot them out of the sky.

Oh no doubt they'll have some sort of ploy ready.. Some kid, running over, tears in his eyes "Daddy daddy the man shot my remote plane!" or some rubbish. I see through their lies. I'll shoot that drone down with a deadly accuracy they won't see it coming.

Why I'll do it all day. I can do it all day, they're up there all the time. Spying on me. Watching me. Looking at me. From the sky. With their beady digital eye.

And I don't care about the 'dedicated recreational aviation area' signs posted everywhere, it's my sky damn it. they won't get to snoop on me.

And when I'm done shooting down the evil drones. I'll start on manned ones. Those choppers have had it good for too long, spying on us. Keeping tabs on us. Following us on the roads.

And police cars, watching us with their police. And their new fancy license plate cameras. This injustice, is intolerable. I'll shoot them all out of the sky. I'm angry. I don't have a sign. so I'm twice as angry !!!!!111

*popcorn is ready, let the turky shoot begin, when people start being pinged for destruction of federal property*

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

We were shooting at ...........

You're joking right.

top topics

join