It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists ! Explain this and make sense at the same time.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
Oh, I just remember the parts that I am not sure about and do searches later. A lot of the time finding good discussions about the topic I am searching for

a reply to: Krazysh0t

But the things you don't remember may be wrong, yet you are letting them fester in your subconscious until the next time you access that memory and repeat the falsehood without having checked up on it. That is my entire point. Video is too fast paced for anyone to process rationally. It may make a compelling argument, but it is a poor form to analyze rationally to make sure the argument is not only valid but sound as well.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

You can't fact check a video in real-time. In fact, you can't even fact check a video at all unless you tediously research each and every claim they make. Scientific papers have the paper trail of research that backs up each and every assertion right there in the text.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'd rather do that than dismiss something completely. I think the best scientists are those who are most skeptical of evidence that seems to support their beliefs. Someone who firstly takes on board all of the empirical evidence. I think that walking such a narrow path is just bad science. I'm not trying to be critical of any ones views. That is just my opinion. You all have a right to yours. I've enjoyed the discussion which is why I come here.

a reply to: GetHyped

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You seem to conflate scientific skepticism with credulity. Being open to new ideas does not mean entertaining every baseless flight of fancy that comes your way, it's about being able to change your position once compelling evidence is presented. A youtube video alone cannot do this for aforementioned reasons.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are mistaken here. Just because I don't accept video as a valid source doesn't mean I'm not open to new ideas.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I was speaking in general. More like using video as an example. not the actual content.
a reply to: Krazysh0t

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join