It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists ! Explain this and make sense at the same time.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Murgatroid
reply to post by daskakik

FACT: what you believe IS wrong.

You have no idea what I believe.

I've seen proof of this BTW...

So have I.

You don't have to go through life believing lies.

Neither do you.

You are going to KNOW what's real and what isn't.

Oooh, spooky language.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Murgatroid
reply to post by daskakik

Somehow I don't believe that spreading the truth is very high up on the list of priorities for a gang of Satanists and mass murderers...

I suppose that explains why so many on the Darwinist misinformation train actually BELIEVE lies such as this,

Now why would you call fellow Christians Satanists? Granted, there are many who qualify for mass murderer status. Unless the Satanists are Catholic orders like the Jesuits? You're welcome to your blind faith but calling people who have worked their entire life towards understanding how the world and universe around them works Satanists and Mass Murderers is not just disingenuous but an outright lie. In American prisons, the percentage who are Atheists or Agnostic is approximately 1/5 of a percentage point. How many are Christians? 84% For every atheist in a US prison, there are 420 +/- Christians. That means that bible thumping god fearing Christian folk are committing crimes at over 400 times the rate of those who don't believe in a god. doesn't really line up with your fraudulent claim of people who believe in evolution being Satanists or mass murderers. If I didn't know any better, I would think you are so against the concept of evolution because you truly think it's destroying faith, i.e. you're afraid of us. Your God must be SOOOOOOOOOO proud of you.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Murgatroid

edit on 19-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

A better question to your meme is why are you posting flat out lies? Most of the time when the bible is banned it is banned by Christians in a native language. Not to mention Christianity leads the way in banning the most books that aren't the bible. You know I can make up lies too and put it into a cute (overused) meme picture like a thinking raptor.

Here's a link from a CHRISTIAN source, so don't try to tell me it's biased against Christianity.

In what countries is it illegal to own a bible

Regrettably, there are many countries with legal or customary restrictions on the Bible. While a total ban is comparatively rare (e.g., North Korea punishes any possession of religious literature by death or imprisonment), it is more common for ownership or distribution to be limited:

To certain government-approved groups only. For example, China allows distribution of Bibles for churches or seminaries that are part of the Three-Self Patriotic Movement / China Christian Council, and they are sold in some bookshops, but cannot generally be mail-ordered by individuals or unregistered churches. Several other nations require government approval before religious books (or any books) can be printed.

To foreigners only. Maldives says citizens must be Muslim, and foreigners are allowed to practice their religion in private; Bibles can be imported for personal use.

In certain languages only. Morocco allows Bibles in French, English, and Spanish, but not Arabic.

Can't publish, but can import. Turkmenistan does not allow publication of Bibles. They can be imported, in limited numbers and with permission, by registered churches.

Restrictions on attempts to convert members of other religions may also result in de facto bans on Bibles. Similarly, government actions in the name of "public order" may have the same effect, even if there is no law specifically banning Bible publication or ownership. In several cases, effective bans on religious freedom take place despite supposed constitutional guarantees to the contrary. Experiences may vary in different parts of the same country, or at different times.

So basically, the book ends up banned in Muslim countries or North Korea. Countries with large populations of atheists and agnostics (in other words where scientists generally live) don't seem to make this list. Every time I see you post, you always seem to include some nonsense and sensationalized links that would make a fellow Creationist happy, but are really just embarrassing to your cause.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Not to mention that all white supremacist/neo-nazi groups claim providence from scripture and claim to be good Christians.
edit on 9/19/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

We call that fifth column infiltration. It's very effective in denigration of a group.
edit on 19-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Now why would you call fellow Christians Satanists? ...people who believe in evolution being Satanists or mass murderers.

Good question...

I never did.

Unless of course you can show me other wise.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

So, that's just more evidence of the imaginary "Conspiracy of Persecution" then?

Convenient.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Murgatroid

Now why would you call fellow Christians Satanists? ...people who believe in evolution being Satanists or mass murderers.

Good question...

I never did.

Unless of course you can show me other wise.

:rolleyes:

He's talking about the fact that most moderate religious people accept the theory of evolution, and since you called evolution believers satanists (or some nonsense) you rather obviously must be calling a great many Christians Satanists as well..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

No, it was minor sarcasm to illustrate the hypocritical non sequiturs and flat out lies that seem to continuously appear next to your name. It's a little disheartening to see someone who claims to be a follower of a loving god to refer to me as a Satanic mass murderer because I have no interest in prostrating myself and giving away money once per week to an omnipotent being who I doubt needs the money, is a decidedly non Christian outlook. But nice job glossing over the actual salient points of my post! Kudos to you.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnoftheSonofNothing

Pretty accurate summary.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by 1104light

I think it was this thread, but I wrote out some of the stuff in the book which she now has back in her locker. Actually, it said all of evolution is based on Darwin's theory and that we all come from a (1) common ancestor! It doesn't say Darwin every other sentence, but the whole section on Evolution begins with Darwin as the founding theorist and that all of the theory is based on Darwin's foundation. Nowhere does it negate what Darwin said. Nowhere is it said that much has been proved false about his theory. I read the entire section, and quite frankly I don't want to retype it all.

You are remembering what you read and what you have been told to think since. You are remembering wrong and it is pointless. Yes Darwin is the father of evolution. Now find me an evolutionary scientist that does not think Darwin was mostly wrong. I will wait.

If I can get her to bring her book (heavy tome and quite impressive actually) home again then I will photograph the parts about Darwin. Simply put, it lays it all at Darwin's feet, never brings anything he said into question and in fact uses his examples to prove the theory. And, it still has Archeopteryx as an intermediate fossil between Dino's and Birds, when science now classifies that animal as simply a bird.

So you are talking about an out of date book? LMAO! I have books that say drinking cocacola is good for your bones. They are old too.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

For it to be a 5th column action, the perpetrators would have to be feigning belief. The people in those groups are more die hard true believers than you are. I spent a lot of time with many of them when I was in the army and they truly believe its gods will that WASP's should be firmly in control of the planet and all other inferiors should be subjugated. Cognitive dissonance will make you feel better about it but won't change the nature of reality.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

peter vlar
It's a little disheartening to see someone who claims to be a follower of a loving god to refer to me as a Satanic mass murderer...

One more time...

WHERE did I ever say Christians or evolutionist's are satanists?

And you have the gall to call ME a liar?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Hooked on phonics just didnt help did it? Once again... It was a sarcastic statement to illustrate a point. I guess sarcasm isn't mentioned in the bible so its a little out if your scope. And by the way you may
not have implicitly stated the "evolutionists"(I'm an anthropologist not an evolutionist by the way) are satan worshipping mass murderers by you certainly implied it with your rhetoric. You said -

"Somehow I don't believe that spreading the truth is very high up on the list of priorities for a gang of Satanists and mass murderers... I suppose that explains why so many on the Darwinist misinformation train actually BELIEVE lies such as this
"

Seems pretty clear to everyone but you.
edit on 19-9-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If that is true, then why does my child's HS Biology book have an entire section on Darwin as the basis for the theory of evolution and says NOTHING about "Evolutionary scientists have proven most of Darwin wrong"?

Because his work, as he presented it in the 1800's, is the basis for the theory of evolution. There's nothing factually inaccurate in what you're saying here.

You can't seriously say Darwin is not lauded by evolutionists. Heck, we just had a huge celebration of his work commemorating it! I didn't hear anyone doing the praise of Darwin say, "Oh, but we have proved he was wrong about most everything!"

Ah, here's where we get to your lack of understanding about scientific progress in the area of the theory of evolution, and how science works in general. Darwin is lauded by people who are proponents of evolution... atheists and Christians and Muslims and Pastafarians alike. But it's his significance that evolution denialists and creationists always seem to miss -- he was the beginning of the theory of evolution, not the end of it. Science isn't dogma, it changes as new evidence is uncovered. Darwin didn't know about genetics, and he and Mendel certainly didn't know about DNA, even though they both postulated that there must be some mechanism by which characteristics were made heritable. The theory of evolution has gone through some enormous changes in the century and a half since Darwin popularized it, do try and keep up if you want to argue against it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by 1104light

I think it was this thread, but I wrote out some of the stuff in the book which she now has back in her locker. Actually, it said all of evolution is based on Darwin's theory and that we all come from a (1) common ancestor! It doesn't say Darwin every other sentence, but the whole section on Evolution begins with Darwin as the founding theorist and that all of the theory is based on Darwin's foundation. Nowhere does it negate what Darwin said. Nowhere is it said that much has been proved false about his theory. I read the entire section, and quite frankly I don't want to retype it all.

Darwin is the founder of evolutionary theory. The theory is based on the premise Darwin first proposes. I'm going to guess this is a high school/middle school history book. I doubt we are going to get into the technicalities of gene flow, genetic drift, translocation, inversion, deletion. How virus's modify genetic sequences. Though school kids are learning stuff far faster than those of us who graduated high school even a decade ago. It's still more or less a subject that will be covered in greater detail in coollege level courses.

Biology classes up through high school (And even freshman college courses) are designed to be an overview that gives you the basic concepts and how they originate.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I am watching the video now, but you won't understand my response if you don't have logic.
I explain myself in two blogs on my wordpress site everyonevotes.us
If you understand that, prepare for a coherent conclusion.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FryEvans

It's not so much that I don't understand logic.
I often accused my wife of such.
Not every thing does logic applicate to in this life.
You would do well to realise this, from your own wife perhaps ?
You see, women just take the long way that is more often then
not. The best way to logic.

Think about that.
edit on 26-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

iterationzero

If that is true, then why does my child's HS Biology book have an entire section on Darwin as the basis for the theory of evolution and says NOTHING about "Evolutionary scientists have proven most of Darwin wrong"?

Because his work, as he presented it in the 1800's, is the basis for the theory of evolution. There's nothing factually inaccurate in what you're saying here.

You can't seriously say Darwin is not lauded by evolutionists. Heck, we just had a huge celebration of his work commemorating it! I didn't hear anyone doing the praise of Darwin say, "Oh, but we have proved he was wrong about most everything!"

Ah, here's where we get to your lack of understanding about scientific progress in the area of the theory of evolution, and how science works in general. Darwin is lauded by people who are proponents of evolution... atheists and Christians and Muslims and Pastafarians alike. But it's his significance that evolution denialists and creationists always seem to miss -- he was the beginning of the theory of evolution, not the end of it. Science isn't dogma, it changes as new evidence is uncovered. Darwin didn't know about genetics, and he and Mendel certainly didn't know about DNA, even though they both postulated that there must be some mechanism by which characteristics were made heritable. The theory of evolution has gone through some enormous changes in the century and a half since Darwin popularized it, do try and keep up if you want to argue against it.

Very well said. It's like when idiots talk about how if Darwin was such a genius he didn't win the Nobel Prize. Forgetting of course that he died before Nobel set up his organisation and that the Nobel Prizes are not awarded posthumously.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

As far as idiots go I haven't noticed any in this thread. But thanks for the tip. PHFFF !
edit on 27-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join