It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama At G20 On Syria- Congressmen, Ignore Your Constituants -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Is anyone really surprised? Boxer told DHS to stop enforcing immigration laws today. They are ignoring all kinds of laws while others are just outright broken altogether. DOMA was ignored, Snooping, IRS, all kinds of laws are being ignored which, is actually breaking the law.

Now Obama tells them to ignore the "little people."

What if the "little people" in mass decided to ignore a few choice laws? I know I have a few in mind that I would like to ignore with extreme prejudice.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I am praying that the Joint Chief's of Staff will stand up to him and say no. I was born, raised, and married into the military, spent more than 50 years of my life in it. For the first time in my life, I think it is time for the Joint Chiefs to lawfully disobey an order that is immoral.

edit on 6-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: got carried away

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

I posted this elsewhere regarding McCain being smirky at the senate hearing during Rand Paul's questioning of Kerry:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Dianec

Did you see him snickering during Rand Paul's questioning of Kerry during the Senate hearing:

If he had been put in office we might have ended up with something like this:

I agree. He's nuts. Snapped. What the deuce??!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama, McCain, Palin, Pelosi... all a few crystals short of a dilithium.
edit on 9/6/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: shored it up

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

told you..tantrum is coming
wont be pretty..that video was, was,..wow
that was the most unprofessional spoiled brat move i have seen
edit on 6-9-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by grandmakdw

I am worried about his sanity. Is anyone else?

I think he's perfectly sane... It's pretty clear to me that someone is making him do this and he's doing his best acting job to make it look like he's behind it.

IF he is sane and acting under duress, then he must be going insane from the knowledge of what his actions will bring upon the US the ME and possibly the entire world. No one can stay sane who is being manipulated into killing thousands or millions. Still insane.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Here is Obama leaving the summit.....

"Obama Kicks Door Open"

OMG that was excellent! They did a great job at editing that!
You should have posted that under the comedy forum. I think a bunch of folks would have believed this.

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Video you posted...

Good link by the way.

Notice he says: "Is it possible that Assad doubles down in the face of our action and uses chemical weapons more widely? I suppose anythings possible but it wouldn't be wise."

To me that translates to:
We'll drop a couple bombs and send over a few cruise missiles, knowing full we can pull a false flag and use more chemical weapons, thus solidifying our case to the American people and allowing us to launch a boots on the ground invasion to complete out secret agenda.

You can be dam sure if I was the bad guy and someone was going to bomb me, I would be using more chemical weapons to either deter more attacks, or to rack up as many more kills as I can before I'm ultimately taken out.

This just stinks of the Iraq war all over again.
WMD's WMD's WMD's blah blah blah, invade.

I have a bad feeling we are having the wool pulled over our eyes all over again, only this time it's not really wool, it's more like transparent nylon or something where we can see exactly what's going on, but they just continue to lie and manipulate despite whatever the people say.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by ShadowLink

“Our polling operations are pretty good, you know, I tend to have a pretty good sense of what current popular opinion is,”

That one damn quote pissed me off so bad. The sheer arrogance and dismissiveness of it is nauseating. Unbelievable really.

I would caution this...Pride goes before the fall.

It smacks of a sort of "Mission Accomplished" moment. Totally out of touch. Good Luck with that Mr. President, it didn't turn out so well for your predecessor.
edit on 9/6/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

You know the really pathetic thing about that? What is most likely happening is a small army of interns is being ordered by White House Staffers to insure polls get done. They cut a few corners. The Staffers were told by the advisers, which topics needed polled and they'll take what the interns give them and consolidate it down. Then the advisers will cut down the small table to 3-7 facts on a page. Probably just one page, and maybe only once or twice for all it matters.....is all I'll bet Obama personally sees before making statements like that.

Everything else is assumed and presumed to have been done right, with complete ethics to what Obama expects... (cough)... How likely...? Well... That stupid bridge won't sell. I'll take $5 for it. Great river and city view, I promise!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I laughed so hard on that one! You know that's how he feels! Total failure on all fronts. If he would just come back down to reality and maybe kick a door or two we might lighten up!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

[color=amber]How does this make you feel?
like Articles of Impeachment are LONG OVERDUE ... and ...
someone needs a spanking
but it isn't Syria.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
I am worried about his sanity. Is anyone else?

The american people are against it by an overwhelming majority.

Congress is so against it, they may be reneging on a vote because Obama doesn't want to be further embarrassed.

99% of the countries in the WORLD are opposed.

The Pope is asking him not to strike.

Russia and Iran are threatening the US if Obama strikes

Soldiers are posting public opposition to Obama

The head of the joint chief's of staff has no idea of what Obama's objective is, as he told congress.

Great points, and exactly what leads one to question just what in the hell is really going on here.

Americans don't want this. Other nations are saying to knock it off. Even the Brits are passing on this. What could compel these people to continue on in this unceasing drive to act in contravention to the opinions of, almost literally at this point, the entire world?

I try not to get to caught up in the darker theories regarding the motivations of our leadership, but this is going too far. What could really be behind this push for war? What am I missing here?
edit on 6-9-2013 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

A President who is so narcissistic that he'd rather rain down horrible consequences (the possible deaths of millions, if Russia and Iran carry out their threats) than not get his way or "look bad". Sycophants so entrenched in keeping their own power that they'd rather follow Obama to the the point of war and the certain deaths of many people rather than lose their congressional or senatorial power.

edit on 6-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: oh sh-- got carried away again, had to edit back

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Are we as the American public allowed to bring impeachment charges against him? He is not representing the people. Everything that comes out of that mans mouth is a lie. And I voted for the idiot!!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Are we as the American public allowed to bring impeachment charges against him? He is not representing the people. Everything that comes out of that mans mouth is a lie. And I voted for the idiot!!

Is there a scholar out there who can answer this question?

Not with a guess, but a true answer from someone who really knows the legal answer.

Mods - have you ever had this question posed before and seen the answer?

edit on 6-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: question to moderator

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw

A President who is so narcissistic that he'd rather rain down horrible consequences (the possible deaths of millions, if Russia and Iran carry out their threats) than not get his way or "look bad". Sycophants so entrenched in keeping their own power that they'd rather follow Obama to the the point of war and the certain deaths of many people rather than lose their congressional or senatorial power.

edit on 6-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: oh sh-- got carried away again, had to edit back

I won't argue that, because as disturbing of a thought as that is, it is entirely possible and appearing more likely by the day.

Just seems that narcissism and the compliance of sycophants is a thin explanation; can't help but think that there must be more to it, to make such a grave misstep and suffer the condemnation of the entire world, not to even mention the unintended consequences of going ahead with this.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Obama and his cronies face a huge problem this time around,
there is no catalyst, no rallying point. everyone see's through this
like a clear pane of glass. the world is pointing fingers at Obama
and telling him to go home, we dont want your war.
this is something really new..and uplifting actually.
my worry falls into two areas..will he contrive a catalyst?
or will he just say "screw you" im going in anyway.
unfortunately i just dont see him backing down quietly.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It's late and I'm getting a little carried away I know:
But:

Why you ask? Several theories, all horrific but plausible

1. The world economy is in the ditch, the past WW have revived the world's economy.

2. We have a world wide imbalance in the ratio of male to female due to selective abortion and infanticide of females. A war will restore the balance. A surplus of horny males is trouble with a capital T for nations, so what better way to get rid of them.

3. Many of the elites think the world has way too many people in it. A WW would reduce the surplus population.

4. There is rampant unemployment of especially young males. A war, which would result in a draft would restore nearly full employment as well as getting rid of excess employees in subsequent peace.

5. For Obama to leave a legacy of low unemployment, a good economy and be seen as strong rather than a man in mommy jeans riding a bike like a girl with a helmet on.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Only the House can bring forth Articles of Impeachment. We can list them and argue the points by means of petitioning, but it takes the House to do it. Once impeached by the House, the Senate then takes over to met out the punishment. Or in the case of Clinton (who was indeed impeached) do nothing.

Obama might make better use of his free time by appealing to the other G20 nations for asylum at this point. While telling members of Congress to dust off their resumes. I just have this feeling that the disenfranchised constituents are about to become very politically un-apathetic over such actions. Especially when they get fed some big reminders come election time.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

technically, no ... however, our House Representatives is supposed to act in our will so, i suspect you see where that'll get us.

also, the Speaker of the House (the person who has to submit said Articles - currently, Boehner) is one of those who publicly supports this heinous action

so technically, we are screwed unless by some stroke of luck, the Speaker is replaced and the new Speaker responds to the demands of We the People and the other 434 Congresscritters.

ETA - sorry for the delay, i had to find it first.
regarding citizens getting involved, it's not like they aren't trying, regardless the rules

AoI / citizen action

edit on 6-9-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
Obama and his cronies face a huge problem this time around,
there is no catalyst, no rallying point. everyone see's through this
like a clear pane of glass. the world is pointing fingers at Obama
and telling him to go home, we dont want your war.
this is something really new..and uplifting actually.
my worry falls into two areas..will he contrive a catalyst?
or will he just say "screw you" im going in anyway.
unfortunately i just dont see him backing down quietly.

anyone remember the Bay of Tonkin?
The Bay of Tonkin incident in 1964 -- where a North Vietnamese PT boat (symbolically the type of boat JFK commanded in WWII) allegedly attacked a USA warship -- was the excuse the USA used to go full throttle into war in Vietnam.
Over the years, debate has swirled around whether U.S. ships actually were attacked that night, or whether, as some skeptics suggest, the Johnson administration staged or provoked an event to get congressional authority to act against North Vietnam. Recently released tapes of White House phone conversations indicate the attack probably never happened. The tapes, released by the LBJ Library at the University of Texas at Austin, include 51 phone conversations from Aug. 4 and 5, 1964, when the Tonkin Gulf incident occurred.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join