It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Dismisses UN Process as 'Hocus Pocus'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Obama Dismisses UN Process as 'Hocus Pocus'

W-H-A-T !!??**

Obama actually said THAT ??

This is the President of the United States and a Nobel prize Winner !!

As if Americans aren't confused enough already !!

I swear this guy has all of us on pins and needles and he himself is on the edge of a steep cliff with an ice cube under one foot.

Well maybe he's just living up to his self proclaimed 'Mr. Transparency' legacy

He sounds and looks so somber and dejected ..... poor thing.

One interesting moment in what was largely seen as a weak press conference for President Obama Friday was this moment when the Nobel Peace Prize winner referred to the process of securing resolutions from the United Nations as "hocus pocus"

Mr. Legacy Speaks

"Obama: I'm Bypassing the 'Hocus Pocus' of the United Nations"

"You know, there would be some resolutions that were being proffered in the United Nations and the usual hocus pocus, but the world and the country would have moved on. So trying to impart a sense of urgency about this, why we can't have an environment in which over time, people start thinking this we can get away with chemical weapons use--it's a hard sell, but it's something I believe in."

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So WHY in the hell do we even have this "organization" Sucking America dry????!!!!!!!

Close the damn thing down, or ship the whole UN to places like Syria ! Force its members to go to war zones, and have their meetings there!

Maybe you can get everyone to really talk about conflicts if they have to be in one!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It may sound shocking but I agree with Obama.

The UN is an outhouse that hasn't been cleaned in decades!
It is a rotting, septic, festering, pool of slime and a collection point for low IQ's.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So, he has alienated pretty much everybody who ever made the mistake of believing him, threw his UN buddies under the bus (thank goodness) and the American people haven't forgotten about the scandals and that chicken is coming home to roost posthaste.

He really just went deep into political capital debt.

I wonder what MSNBC will say on Monday morning, probably celebrate how 'brave' he is?
edit on 6-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Pish posh!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yup, came across that gem earlier in the day and thought even the much maligned George Bush Administration went to congress and the UN before its adventure in Iraq.

You know I've had thoughts that Syria is about controlling Europe via Natural Gas monopoly and the TPTB trying to break the Russian hold on them or side by side the aggression meets the aims of an Islamist Caliphate, now I am thinking its all about HIM.

link   

Seems Papa Obama Knows better than US .

www.prisonplanet.com...

link   

It's clear he thinks he's smarter than everyone and if he doesn't get his way, it's wrong and in blunt terms - STUPID! He is the ultimate narcissist.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Give Beezer back his computer before I report you to a mod.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

So WHY in the hell do we even have this "organization" Sucking America dry????!!!!!!!

Close the damn thing down, or ship the whole UN to places like Syria ! Force its members to go to war zones, and have their meetings there!

Maybe you can get everyone to really talk about conflicts if they have to be in one!

Originally posted by beezzer

The UN is an outhouse that hasn't been cleaned in decades!
It is a rotting, septic, festering, pool of slime and a collection point for low IQ's.

I agree.

But Obama is letting the cat out of the bag.

He's not supposed to say that.

We are.

I think he's mad because Russia will veto anything that he is suggesting.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Seems Papa Obama Knows better than US .

www.prisonplanet.com...

Yep.

He's a gem.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I wish we had taken up Libya when Gaddafi offered to move the UN there.

Libya offers to take in UN

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thank you Obama, for the excuse to listen to this song again.

Obama for president!
edit on 6/9/13 by D.Wolf because: nuancing

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Obama: "What do you mean, Executive Orders don't work for the UN????"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The way he is running his pie hole for dumb things to say and do? He won't be a political factor much longer and lame duck will be something he comes to redefine. How do you take out your own level of effectiveness? Well, like someone else mentioned. Pretty well insult and ridicule both Ally and Adversary alike, rinse and repeat until cooked well done.

It's getting cooked like a 5kw microwave on this trip. Just racing for a charcoal briquette if he doesn't check himself. He's no potentate, and as much as I agree with the general dislike for the UN? That isn't his feeling, point or intention here. He'll use the UN and embrace them, as he has, when it suits him. They just took a dump in his Wheaties in a MAJOR way on this one and Obama is a man prone to minor tantrums in public. (This nation really elected this, huh??)

Then again, maybe the UN was a bit offended we couldn't even bother to insure our Ambassador showed up for a silly little thing like an urgent Sec. Council meeting recently regarding action and war on Syria? Obama isn't bypassing the UN. He's already burned his word there for the time being after pretty well treating them like garbage.

If he's this crappy a diplomat, he'd better be a very good tactician or strategic thinker. There isn't much left but a puppet in a nice suit after this stop.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

the Dutch Masters..
that was slammin!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow, Obama is sounding more and more like Biden every day.

How did these tools get elected? Twice?!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well considering Sweden is doing the search in Syria for chemical weapons use for the UN. And at the same time doing fake emails saying that Britam was being paid to fake chemical attacks and blame it on Syria. And Sweden is Telecomix hacking group. Telecomix was posting internet connections in case the war starts and the internet is shut down. The UN is doing Hocus Pocus concerning Syria.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

i dont think they were elected the second time..
i think they were installed..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Wolf
Thank you Obama, for the excuse to listen to this song again.

Obama for president!
edit on 6/9/13 by D.Wolf because: nuancing

Yes one of the most awesomest of awesome songs played at the highest volume

top topics

<<   2 >>

join