It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

putting the rods inside a large white container for transportation to another, undamaged storage pool elsewhere on the plant’s grounds.

Well yes, but how many rods can one put in the same storage pool? Presumably, that undamaged storage pool already had a great many rods inside.

So, is there a limit? Do we eventually get the ones from Reactors 1 and 2 in there as well.

I don't know the answer, so just asking the question.

P

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

putting the rods inside a large white container for transportation to another, undamaged storage pool elsewhere on the plant’s grounds.

Well yes, but how many rods can one put in the same storage pool? Presumably, that undamaged storage pool already had a great many rods inside.

So, is there a limit? Do we eventually get the ones from Reactors 1 and 2 in there as well.

I don't know the answer, so just asking the question.

P

Thank you for asking.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
Something Going on with Unit 1?

A sizable sudden jump in some temps:
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And airborne rads detected at Unit 1 North Slope...and also seaside...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Unit 1 still cranking up some temps...peculiar...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Great ScienceR that you can read Japanese - very appreciative!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Purplechive

Thats not just a little rise PC. 10C now yes. Wasn't it only 3C last time you posted last week. Very interesting. At the same time they are pumping twice as much nitrogen into 1 as they are 2 and 3, yet the levels of rad gas (Xe-135) are much less in 1 than 2 and 3, and in the summary below they list the temps in the PCV supply air for 18C not 45C. Dont know what it all means but it does seem a bit peculiar.

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: zworld

Zworld, What up dude? LOL Is the site monster picking on you?

I had that problem once. I think others thought I was sneaking into the liquor cabinet. LOL.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using the less than symbol for under 2, and I guess that automatically ends the post at that point.

Another thing that is going on though is that no matter how many times I star people, when I go back the stars are empty again. Ive done this numerous times and am now giving up on starring as it doesnt take, so just figure most posts have a star from me that you cant see because I appreciate everybodies input two thumbs up.

edit on 24-12-2014 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Headline from ENE a couple of days ago. This was something widely suspected back in 2011, that the releases of rads continued unabated and increased through the month of March, producing the toxic rain pollen rads on the 21 and 22 far south in (cant remember location. Was the pic that showed the lime green substance that mirrored what uranium and plutonium look like). Four times the amount of rads is a massive amount, yet TEPCO lets the data out three plus years later and no one cares. Slick puppies they are.

"Japan officials reveal Fukushima radiation release quadruple what they claimed"

enenews.com... d-expert-precautions-prevent-recurrence-video

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Number of confirmed cancer cases of children at 84, number of suspected cases at 24.

From the December 24, 2014 article in the paper edition of Fukushima Minyu as found on Fukushima Voice.

fukushimavoice-eng2.blogspot.com...

Thyroid Examination: Four Suspected of Cancer in Second Screening--These Children Had Normal Exam Results in First Screening
--------------------If these cases are confirmed to be thyroid cancer, they will become the first cases where the increase in cancer is confirmed after the NPP accident.

Fukushima Medical University (FMU), in charge of the screening examination, will hurry to confirm the diagnoses and carefully ascertain whether these cases were caused by the effects of radiation exposure.

Occurrence of pediatric thyroid cancer cases skyrocketed 4-5 years after the Chernobyl NPP accident in 1986. Because of this, FMU considers the results of the first screening, during the three years after the accident, as baseline data with no radiation effects. FMU plans on investigating the effects of radiation by comparing any increase of cancer cases from the second screening onward.
edit on 24-12-2014 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

We thank each and every one of you for what you do.

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
127 more witness accounts are published by the Abe government.....

ajw.asahi.com...

An exerpt from the article:

"As the situation deteriorated day by day, Fukushima residents were ordered by the central government to flee farther away from the power plant. Some residents apparently were advised by local municipalities to flee in the direction in which contaminated materials were predicted to spread.

During the interview with the investigation committee, Sato cited the case of a resident who tried nine times to flee to safety. He said it reflected "the very reality of nuclear disaster evacuation.”

I live upwind from two nuke plants. In the event that something happens at either of them, I can't even imagine everyone here trying to evacuate, and then where to evac to?

If you live on an island like Japan, where the hell do you run to?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

Luckily, (maybe not so for others), prevailing wings tend to push any released radioactivity westward. Little more than 20-30km from the plant, radiation readings drop down to about background. Here in Tokyo, I have a friend who owns a geiger counter, and occasionally he'll pull it out and do indoor/outdoor readings. And least where he lives, the CPM is pretty normal. He lives a few KM north of me, though.

Don't get me wrong, the area around the plant will surely become a new "exclusion zone" just like Chernobyl and Pripyat, but beyond that zone the readings are fairly normal. I don't like the idea of all that radiation heading westward, or contaminating the sea, though.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
A lesser known/remembered problem is the hot particles - which are in Tokyo (and everywhere else). A long time ago (year or two?) Arnie Gunderson was able to show hot particles in car air filters in Seattle Washington and Dr. Chris Busby showed hot particles in an aircondition filter from Tokyo (confirmed from Fukushima). These videos have been posted at least two times already in this thread. Hot particles are a hit and miss with geiger counters for detecting them because you can do a reading in one spot and a hot particle can be sitting inches away and not be detected.

It is these far reaching cancer causing agents that will never be held responsible or accountable for the devastation of life. Plutonium.... lead.... cesium... strontium.... they were confirmed to have reached the west coast of north america years ago - without continual testing we have no idea how widespread it really is. I fully expect cancer rates to rise and rise and rise with no correlation made to Fukushima - it will all be chalked up to "environmental".

There was no correlation made to the rise in thyroid cancer rates rom all the nuclear testing done in Nevada decades back - the increase was referred to as a 'mystery'.... I saw on a documentary John Wayne (and other members of film crew) contracted cancer after shooting a film in the Nevada desert that was later tested to be highly radioactive, I think because it was downwind from the detonations. People who think nuclear waste and radiation are harmless are either brainwashed or brain dead.

I really feel for the people in Japan - and I'm really angry because we in North America are also benefactors of this catastrophe thanks to the prevailing winds. I don't go out in the rain anymore and I live in a rainy climate in Canada - when it rains here all I see is radiation being washed down out of the atmosphere. I have no idea if it is, but that's how bad I believe this is.

We are ruled by psychopaths, hedonists and egomaniacs. If I actually believed in 'God' I'd be praying 24/7 for help, lol. But it looks like we're stuck here for now.

ps - perhaps your friend with a geiger counter could test a few air filters in cars and see what shows up.... hopefully nothing - but will give a better idea of what's really out there.
edit on 26-12-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds
Yes, 3 years, 9 months and 2 weeks and no end in sight... Thank you for your continual count-up and beautiful graphics of a horrible situation, is appreciated.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I choose not to live my life in fear of the specter of radiation. Being in Japan, especially, I simply cannot afford to have the fear rule my life. Yeah there are likely hot particles in my office right now, but even if I became some useless hikikomori I wouldn't be able to completely avoid radiation.

I'm sorry that you're taking so many precautions, and I'm REALLY sorry that the country I live in was responsible for your fear and anger. I agree the situation has been handled exceptionally poorly and continues to be handled poorly. It's going to get worse before it gets better, I'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think not living in fear of 'anything' is necessary to thrive in the moment(s)... it just sucks that we're all given so many stressors to deal with on a daily basis (which I am convinced is by design) so holding a positive attitude is truly a challenge, lol.

I expect no apology from any person for this disaster - it is the fault of the nuclear industries and governments of the world as they are all letting it happen. All people/citizens are innocent victims of their insidiousness. It is not just Japan - there are huge nuclear problems in North America too, and I expect other plants around the world. The entire industry is dirty on every level and imposes its toxicity every time a plant is built. It is ridiculous how many plants there are... all ticking time bombs and doomed to pollute for centuries because they can't even truly shut them down. And yes, enjoying the moment is really a good way to live because we all die, is just a matter of when and how.

ps - a long time ago there was a challenge put out by some broadcaster (cannot remember who) to show any pictures of 'earthquake' damage in Fukushima/Japan considering it was supposed to have been a 9+ earthquake. This is in line with the view that the earthquake was not really a 9 but the result of intentional detonations to set off the tsunami. I have no idea if there's validity to this, just found it interesting that coming up with photos of 'earthquake' damages has not been possible...? Have you heard of this or have any thoughts about it?
edit on 26-12-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wishes

Exactly. Live for now, love for life.

Cheers, wishes!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wishes
I think not living in fear of 'anything' is necessary to thrive in the moment(s)... it just sucks that we're all given so many stressors to deal with on a daily basis (which I am convinced is by design) so holding a positive attitude is truly a challenge, lol.

I expect no apology from any person for this disaster - it is the fault of the nuclear industries and governments of the world as they are all letting it happen. All people/citizens are innocent victims of their insidiousness. It is not just Japan - there are huge nuclear problems in North America too, and I expect other plants around the world. The entire industry is dirty on every level and imposes its toxicity every time a plant is built. It is ridiculous how many plants there are... all ticking time bombs and doomed to pollute for centuries because they can't even truly shut them down. And yes, enjoying the moment is really a good way to live because we all die, is just a matter of when and how.

ps - a long time ago there was a challenge put out by some broadcaster (cannot remember who) to show any pictures of 'earthquake' damage in Fukushima/Japan considering it was supposed to have been a 9+ earthquake. This is in line with the view that the earthquake was not really a 9 but the result of intentional detonations to set off the tsunami. I have no idea if there's validity to this, just found it interesting that coming up with photos of 'earthquake' damages has not been possible...? Have you heard of this or have any thoughts about it?

To me, the person who designed the backup generator configuration(s) for the Fuk plant are to blame. And IF any other company has failed to fix any backup generator issue at any other plant they should be jailed.

I'm an engineer, and one of my jobs is to consider any and all possible outcomes for any given condition. So, here we have a nuke plant, sitting next to a huge heat sink, which is the primary reason for placing the plant there in the first place. So, what could possibly happen next to an ocean? Most of the scenarios involve high volumes of WATER inundating the plant.

As I'm designing the backup generators, I would have placed them ON TOP of the reactor buildings, or get them and the needed breakers as high as possible. Instead, where did they put them?

Where they would get flooded out literally during the first wave.

Incompetence at it's finest, but I really hope other plants around the world at least LEARNED a lesson and moved the damned generators.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

I do not doubt for a moment blame can be placed on the back-up generators - but who allowed this? The nuke industry (GE?) they are the ones who built the facility and chose the location and the governments just let them do whatever they want with zero accountability. "Someone" had to approve all the plans and "someone" had to inspect everything to make sure it was either up to snuff or turn a blind eye to what wasn't up to snuff.

As for learning from this.... I wouldn't hold my breath.... they still lie and still connive and still continue to produce substandard facilities with substandard operations and zero plans and contingencies for melt downs. The very notion of transparency and accountability are repugnant to them all because they'd be caught and exposed for the true evil beings they are.

Is it not common sense to not have built Fukushima Daichi where they decided in the first place? Yet they did knowing full well it would be vulnerable and catastrophic "if" anything happened to it. And who's great idea was it to store fuel rods up high? "My" common sense says if nuke plants have to be built that they be designed so that if there is any melt down the entire facility drops into a pre-planned/made hole and gets swallowed up, period. Too expensive they say? It's a croc. They know no limits in spending fiat money, its all made up anyway to keep us snowed.

As far as I'm concerned the governments are either bought off or blackmailed to turn a blind eye while the nuke industry does whatever it wants with zero regard for any life. lol - guess you can tell where I stand with all this 'crap'.... there is alternative energy that is not being used, the real question is 'why' - it is not about economics because they could charge whatever they want for whatever energy is produced yet they continually go with nuclear... weapons perhaps?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Are you guys ready for this. Here is the headline;

"Professors Plead With Greens to Accept Nuclear Power"

and the first paragraph is enough to make you want to go blind

"Seventy-five professors from the world’s leading universities have signed a letter urging environmentalists to re-think their attitude to nuclear power as a way to save the planet from climate change and preserve its animals, plants and fish."

Oh, I see. In order to save the planet from anthropogenic destruction, we need more of the worst form of anthropogenic destruction. Fukushimas for everyone. Excellent idea.

www.truthdig.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Modern reactor designs are pretty damn safe. They say you could sit in a cafe across the street from a modern reactor in full-blown meltdown and be perfectly safe.

I agree, these older reactors should be shut down, and we should be looking for alternatives to nuclear fission for energy. But the answer isn't a simple one. Japan for instance pretty well NEEDS nuclear power to support it's infrastructure as it stands. I can speak for myself when Japan shut down all of it's nuke plants, it REALLY hit my wallet. Power costs skyrocketed, and it wasn't that cheap to begin with.

I don't pretend to have any answers, but I'm glad they're slowly restarting reactors here in JP. I only pray they have learned from Fukushima.

ETA: I know I'll probably get flamed for this post, but these are just my personal opinions. Objective facts are of course that Nuclear Fission as an energy source is dangerous and unstable, I know that. But with few options I take what I can get and pray new technology will overtake this dangerous form of power generation.
edit on 26-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: Added

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join