It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
New Pics of Unit 1 Destruction

photo.tepco.co.jp...

The attached report looks like it has interesting findings....anyone able to translate the Japanese?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 19-12-2014 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Purplechive

I'm reading through it now, if I find anything interesting I'll post it up here.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
They use some Kanji I'm still not familiar with, but my Hiragana and Kana is pretty spot on. Speaking Japanese is one thing, learning to read it is a long process since there's so many Kanji you have to learn.

Glancing through, they've removed certain roof panels and taken pictures and does readings from various areas in the building.

They were especially concerned with radioactive dust concentrations because they're putting together a plan to eventually start dismantling parts of the building. They mention some damage to a camera crane.

It was thought there may have been some steel structure protruding from the SFP, but if I'm reading correctly it seems there was none found.

Dose rate measurements near the top of the main debris they say is about 8 ~ 77 mSv/h.

They mention that next spring they'll do this study again to take more dose measurements and plan for some debris removal, namely debris in danger of shifting and releasing dust.

edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting PC. They have seen this anomaly a couple of times where those readings have gone up for no apparent reason. Iori had a write up about this happening back in 2013 and at the time TEPCO said the readings were accurate but they couldnt explain what was happening.

At the same time as the current up tick the Dust Nuclides Analysis Results at Unit 1 show cesium showing up for first time in awhile as well.

Will keep an eye on R1. Thanks PC.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
They use some Kanji I'm still not familiar with, but my Hiragana and Kana is pretty spot on. Speaking Japanese is one thing, learning to read it is a long process since there's so many Kanji you have to learn.

That is great that you can read Japanese, ScientificRailgun. A big bonus for us all.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Just happy to contribute. The Japanese media don't report on Fukushima too much, I'm guessing they don't really want to unduly worry people. So I come here for information most of the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Catching up on things. On Oct 10 there was a sizeable up tick of cesium in the R1 and R4 subdrains. This up tick hit R2 and R3 a week later. This up tick included Cs-134, which should be decreasing now exponentially, but doesn't seem to be at R1 and R2. Also, in R3 and R4, after being ND for sometime, they started to see Cs-134 again in Oct. Then it went ND again until yesterday at R3.

R1 and R2 on the other hand have had detections of both cesiums continously, and growing recently.

www.tepco.co.jp...

At the same time there was a 10 fold increase in tritium (actually from July). While strontium 90 recorded massive up ticks in July and August at the R1 ob well before TEPCO suspended reporting on strontium. Im sure everyone is aware that they then stated that the strontium levels were many times higher than previously reported, which were massively high to begin with.

This all came after they refused to release previous record highs of strontium late 2013.

Strontium 90, tritium, these are all fission products. For levels to increase exponentially as they have over the last two years is peculiar.

Since we know TEPCO has a history of lying and underreporting or obfuscating data, with the actual numbers most likely much higher than those reported, and since levels of Cs-134 should be going down rapidly at this point as well but aren't, I suspect that one or more cores and/or radioactive materials from the nuke factory are reacting in groundwater, which is acting as a moderator, but once again Im not a scientist but a high school dropout.

However, since no one knows what could happen at this point, the future is anybodies guess.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
5.9 EQ 30 miles directly offshore from Daichi. No word on damages.

As written about long ago on Part 1, the great 3/11 EQ had three distinct rupture points, the third and final one being almost exactly where this EQ happened, and where scientists said was the new lock point of the plates.
edit on 20-12-2014 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Intriguing.

I just noticed this also.

Will be keeping an eye on this.

A while ago someone posted a site you could see all the little quakes for this area. Gotta go see if I can find it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I can't seem to find what I was looking for, but this area has had 5/6's, it's just the earth taking a stretch.

IMHO!!
edit on 20-12-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Japan Meteorological Agency

Their version of the USGS. Be aware, they use a different seismic intensity scale than what most people are used to.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks crappikat and J&C. I was going to try and find info on tremor activity for Japan. Scientists now know that tremor activity, EQs in the

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks crappikat and J&C. I was going to try and find info on tremor activity for Japan. Scientists now know that tremor activity, EQs in the

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No matter how many times Ive tried to make it post all of my post, it never does. Ill try again.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks crappikat and J&C. I was going to try and find info on tremor activity for Japan. Scientists now know that tremor activity, EQs in the under 2 range, have been precursors to the major quakes we have experienced in recent years, including 3/11.

My concern for this area offshore Fuku is because of the fact that when the plates broke on 3/11 they transferred massive amounts of energy downline. As the three ruptures on 3/11 proceeded from the north to the south, with the last one roughly 40 miles offshore Fuku a bit to the north, it is just south of this area that is now most likely locked and harbors the energy released previously. so very important to keep an eye on both EQ and tremor activity in this area

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks, Yes thats the one I was looking for.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Zworld, What up dude? LOL Is the site monster picking on you?

I had that problem once. I think others thought I was sneaking into the liquor cabinet. LOL

I hope your day is going well. Off to work for me.

TA started a thread a while back about the south being something to keep an eye on.

I off to work, but if I get a chance later tonite, I will try to find it.
edit on 21-12-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Just happy to contribute. The Japanese media don't report on Fukushima too much, I'm guessing they don't really want to unduly worry people. So I come here for information most of the time.

I think the lack of reporting is a direct result of the law passed about a year ago forbidding reporting on 'state secrets'. Since Fukushima is largely owned by the Japanese government who bought into it via shares it can easily be considered a state secret. I believe they just don't want anyone to know the god awful truth of the magnitude and far reaching effects of this disaster. We're left with very little aside from Tepco's official lies and under-reporting.

There isn't a lot of reporting on the condition of the Pacific Ocean either - tidbits here and there, nothing 'official'. Dr. Chris Busby thinks the whole ocean has been done in from the blown up plutonium and uranium in the ocean working its way up the food chain. Governments probably want us to believe it's all due to global warming, lol.

Thanks for your contribution - it is most welcome and refreshing (as is everyone else's). As catastrophic as it already is there is so much 'more' that can (and likely will) go wrong... so, so, so sad for all life...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Everything is fine, nothing to see here"...

www.nytimes.com...

Fuel Rods Are Removed From Damaged Fukushima Reactor

TOKYO — The cleanup of Japan’s devastated Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant crossed an important milestone on Saturday when the plant’s operator announced it had safely removed the radioactive fuel from the most vulnerable of the four heavily damaged reactor buildings.

The operator, Tokyo Electric Power Company, removed the last remaining fuel rods from the ruined No. 4 reactor building, putting the rods inside a large white container for transportation to another, undamaged storage pool elsewhere on the plant’s grounds. The company, known as Tepco, had put a high priority on removing the No. 4 unit’s some 1,500 fuel rods because they sat in a largely unprotected storage pool on an upper floor of the building, which had been gutted by a powerful hydrogen explosion during the March 2011 accident.

More at the link......

Edit to add this link, if this was previously posted, I apologize:

fukushimaupdate.com...

edit on 22-12-2014 by matadoor because: Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

That's good news, at least the fuel rods aren't in danger of releasing any more radioactivity. (That we know of).

Now if only they could nail down what's causing the rising Strontium and Cesium levels and reverse that.

Although, I think they already know. Anyone with a passing knowledge of Nuclear Physics knows that this is a product of Uranium fission. That means there's Corium somewhere that's still fissioning uncontrolled. And that's a scary thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join