It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Yo, Z, glad to see you alive and kicking!! Hey, I might have to start paying attention again!!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Z - fabulous to see you back!! Many of us original nuts are still here. Although AC is still missing in action.

The only positive thing that has happened at Fuku...they removed all the fuel assemblies from Unit 4 SFP. They only have 26 un-used fuel assemblies still to remove. Curious about what they plan on doing with all the water in the SFP tank once it is empty? I am sure the water is highly radioactive.

Anyhow...we continue on the thread...thanks for coming back...we all missed you immensely!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive

The only positive thing that has happened at Fuku...they removed all the fuel assemblies from Unit 4 SFP. They only have 26 un-used fuel assemblies still to remove.

When you good ole boyz finish your back slapping maybe you can get back to the real world instead of slipping in useless contradictory factoids like this one.

ALL the fuel assemblies have NOT been removed from SFP4.

Are you being sloppy with your claims or are you deliberately downgrading the situation as usual?

This thread has been lulled into an impotent, somnambulistic, complacent CIRCLE PARTY..

There are still 3 corium outside their containment spewing unrestrictedly into the atmosphere and ocean.

Get back to the real issues and cut the BS!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

You may have missed an important part of Purplechive's post, which said that 26 fuel assemblies still remain in the pool, but are expected to be removed by the end of the year.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Missed it? I quoted it.

Thanks anyways, de-rail.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

So you quoted the post, which had CORRECT information, then accuse the poster of having "sloppy claims"?

Interesting.

Regardless, work is continuing toward removing all fuel assemblies from the spent fuel pool. I too am curious about how they're going to deal with the contaminated water once the pool is empty.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi PC and Matador. Good to be back and see alot of the old lonies still around. Good on ya. Hope Aircooled is OK and just burnt out like I was.

Psynic, lighten up. Do you think people have kept this thread alive all these years, or all that transpired before, for the purpose of creating a social club. And if you really want to know how bad the situation is, add in the nuclear weapons factory and tons of plutonium and tritium that would be in it to the equation. Its many times worse than 3 massive pools of corium eating their way through the earth, but since the underground system is an unknown, 3 massive pools of corium eating their way through the earth is terror enough for all. And possibly an end to life in the north Pacific ocean.

Anyone, I cant go back through the thread and am wondering has there been a discussion of the fact that with shortlived nuclides like I-131 showing up, and the levels of tritium and strontium increasing exponentially indicate strongly that fission is still ongoing. There really is no other explanation that I can think of. Has Silverloc or some other brainiac commented on this.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld

With my (admittedly) limited knowledge of nuclear physics, I can agree with you on this. The only reason one would see and increase in I-131 would be through a continuing of fission. Likely from active Corium.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is hard to take. From ENE this AM.

“The head of Japan’s nuclear watchdog said contaminated water stored at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant should be released into the ocean… Shunichi Tanaka, the chairman of the Nuclear Regulation Authority, made the comment Dec. 12 after visiting the facility… “I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of tanks (holding water tainted with radioactive substances),””

The head of Japans nuke regulatory agency all of a sudden realized that there was too much radioactive water stored on site and now wants to dump it all into the ocean. Where the fug has he been. Following Shirley's announcement that they have now learned the lessons from Fuku and something like that will never happen in the US all I can say is,

crazies to the left of us, fruitcakes to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with you.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zworld

Do you think people have kept this thread aliveall these years, or all that transpired before, for the purpose of creating a social club.

I believe you mean suppressed.

The disaster doesn't need to be "kept alive" with off-topic meanderings, that's the beauty of fission, unlike this discussion, it can't be neutralized.

Ramble on.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This is hard to take. From ENE this AM.

“The head of Japan’s nuclear watchdog said contaminated water stored at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant should be released into the ocean…

This is a disconcerting possibility. I really hope it doesn't come to this. Marine life in the region has already taken a pretty big hit. Surely there's a way to safely store this water until it can be properly filtered, or the isotopes have decayed to a stable state. I really like Sushi.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I'm afraid window of possibility to partially contain this disaster was missed in the summer of 2011. There is no way how to "store water" constantly running from hills above to ocean bellow in sediments of ancient river - that is geological situation of Daiichi. Imagine sand box, put in the middle 3 blobs of #, tilt it by 10 degrees and to - now upper - edge connect a water hose. Whatever you do, water will find way around and will reach lower edge, ie ocean shore. Situation is much more complex because our sand box is not only connected to "hill hose" but also to tidal pressure of ocean and to underground aquifers.

BTW welcome back zworld

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
US Radiation spikes, is the source Fuk??

www.naturalnews.com...#

"Beta radiation levels are off the charts at monitoring sites all across North America, according to new reports. But experts are blaming these radiation spikes on practically everything except for Fukushima.

Data gathered from tracking units in California, Arizona, Illinois and elsewhere reveal radiation levels up to 50,000 percent higher than what was observed at the same time last year, and in some cases compared to levels seen this past summer.

EnviroReporter.com says the impacted sites are scattered throughout the country and aren't just confined to the West Coast. Readings taken near Los Angeles; Chicago; Montgomery, Alabama; and Madison, Wisconsin, reveal total beta counts per minute (CPM) greatly exceeding the 1,000 CPM threshold considered by the government to be problematic.

In Tucson, Arizona, for instance, a 460 CPM reading was recently taken, which is more than 10 times higher than the reading taken last year on November 27. Similarly, Phoenix, Arizona's 735 CPM reading measured more than 21 times higher than last year's reading.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz3MBCLVxS7"

More at the link...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Do you think people have kept this thread aliveall these years, or all that transpired before, for the purpose of creating a social club.

I believe you mean suppressed.

The disaster doesn't need to be "kept alive" with off-topic meanderings, that's the beauty of fission, unlike this discussion, it can't be neutralized.

Ramble on.

One word response. Whatever.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

Radiation Network

This map appears to show that CPM is actually pretty low for most of the US, no CPMs above 100 at least.

And this is a crowdsourced site of people like you and me connecting their geiger-counters to software that shares it's data across the network.

Can you source these higher than normal CPMs that natural news is reporting? Their sources seem to be rather cyclical, each sourcing each other.
edit on 17-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Radiation Network

This map appears to show that CPM is actually pretty low for most of the US, no CPMs above 100 at least.

And this is a crowdsourced site of people like you and me connecting their geiger-counters to software that shares it's data across the network.

Can you source these higher than normal CPMs that natural news is reporting? Their sources seem to be rather cyclical, each sourcing each other.

Honestly, I have not, I'm at work, saw the article, and thought it would be interesting to discuss, then back to work.

edit - here are some:

www.enviroreporter.com...

edit on 17-12-2014 by matadoor because: Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No worries! I was just curious. If you turn up any more data I'd love to see it, though!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would to Matador. Those readings are off the hook. The highest readings in trinidad have been in the 150 to 200 range, but only in a couple of places and usually in the 60 to 70 range.

from the article
-----------------------------------

"He was quick to denounce Fukushima as a possible cause, though, adding that this would only be possible if "something there has changed dramatically."

Either way, the radiation levels being detected are still a major cause for concern. Anything above 100 CPM is considered by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to be a potential hazardous materials situation requiring the deployment of hazmat protocols."
------------------------------

Beta rising would make sense as it corresponds to the increase in tritium and strontium which started peaking at the same time. a coincidence....I think not. I believe something has been changing at the plant in the last couple of months. sounds like somethings cooking.
edit on 18-12-2014 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I would to Matador. Those readings are off the hook. The highest readings in trinidad have been in the 150 to 200 range, but only in a couple of places and usually in the 60 to 70 range.

from the article
-----------------------------------

"He was quick to denounce Fukushima as a possible cause, though, adding that this would only be possible if "something there has changed dramatically."

Either way, the radiation levels being detected are still a major cause for concern. Anything above 100 CPM is considered by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to be a potential hazardous materials situation requiring the deployment of hazmat protocols."
------------------------------

Beta rising would make sense as it corresponds to the increase in tritium and strontium which started peaking at the same time. a coincidence....I think not. I believe something has been changing at the plant in the last couple of months. sounds like somethings cooking.

Yeah, looks that way to me too, I'll be digging further tonight to see what I can find.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Something Going on with Unit 1?

A sizable sudden jump in some temps:
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And airborne rads detected at Unit 1 North Slope...and also seaside...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join