It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wishes

As I have said on here many times, the reason for the ominous silence from the rest of the world is simply that ....

THERE IS NO SOLUTION.

Zip, none, nada.

There is nothing that can be done so the only option is to hide it.

Too many countries rely on Nuclear Power to generate electricity.

The big corporations do not want to go to the expense of shifting to a hydrogen based solution and we could do that very quickly, but Oh, the money they would lose.

P

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I personally believe there are solutions - even though Chernobyl was a different scenario, it was jumped on and dealt with (as best as could be) soon after it happened and used thousands(?) of help to deal with it. If I recall people made one run at it so they weren't continually exposed to radiation, I could be wrong in my memory, but it was something like that.

They could have 'thought' of a cement wall in the first place instead of a ridiculous ice wall. They could have military controlling it to keep out yakuzi. They could welcome international support and help. They could dig huge pits in the ground to put the contaminated water in instead of the ocean. They could have done a lot of things to minimize what it is doing - especially owning up to it.

They have us snowed into believing it's all about the money, but I don't believe it is. They know damn well radiation is toxic and use it profusely anyway. They could switch to clean energy in a heartbeat and just charge through the nose for it and not loose a penny but don't. Germany is now up to 70% in clean energy...

thinkprogress.org...

On Sunday, Germany’s impressive streak of renewable energy milestones continued, with renewable energy generation surging to a record portion — nearly 75 percent — of the country’s overall electricity demand by midday. With wind and solar in particular filling such a huge portion of the country’s power demand, electricity prices actually dipped into the negative for much of the afternoon, according to Renewables International.

In the first quarter of 2014, renewable energy sources met a record 27 percent of the country’s electricity demand, thanks to additional installations and favorable weather. “Renewable generators produced 40.2 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, up from 35.7 billion kilowatt-hours in the same period last year,” Bloomberg reported. Much of the country’s renewable energy growth has occurred in the past decade and, as a point of comparison, Germany’s 27 percent is double the approximately 13 percent of U.S. electricity supply powered by renewables as of November 2013.

Observers say the records will keep coming as Germany continues its Energiewende, or energy transformation, which aims to power the country almost entirely on renewable sources by 2050.

The reality is we're all dependent on power and those who supply it regardless of what it its source. I used to think those that are in charge were just insane and stupid for doing what most of us think is ridiculous, like building nukes in the first place. But they do it on purpose... along with fracking and GMO's and mandatory vaccinations and, and, and... Yeah, I absolutely do believe it's not by insanity or stupidity but by design which is a far scarier prospect.

There is no excuse in my mind, none... I can only hope there is some repercussion somewhere along the line for those who intentionally destroy life.

They have one of the worlds largest zeolite mines nearby, as I understand it this would help absorb the radiation - why isn't it being buried in it? The excuse is because of its precariousness - well they could help stabilize whatever it is and then carefully bury the entire plant. This dog and pony show is a just that. Yes, nothing is being done because nothing is being done - they aren't really 'trying' to do anything. Barrels that leak and are duct taped? Thousands of bags of contaminated soil breaking down left in piles everywhere?

We have HUGE machines here (Canada) for open pit mining, they could move a mountain in a few weeks. They could have 'real' engineers do a plan to stabilize what's precarious then bury it in its entirety in zeolite then cement. They could dig huge pits to put the water in and when its filled cover it with zeolite instead of filling the ocean - there is the technology to run hoses and pump out water... isn't that at least doing something? (am ranting at Tepco, not anyone else, lol).

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Tritium and Strontium-90 Jump

strontium-90, which causes bone cancer, also shattered records with a reading of 1.2 million becquerels, the utility said of the sample.

And this is per friggen liter!!!

www.japantimes.co.jp... 7DF9p4

Sr-90 half life...29 years.

And Vongfong gonna dump more rain...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wishes
a reply to: pheonix358

Yes, the lack of accountability by Tepco and Japan government is appalling - the only thing that makes it pale by comparison is the lack of outcry and action from the 'rest' of the world... But what can be expected, most people don't even know a third tower went down in 9-11... *sigh*

to all contributors both past and present!!! MUCH appreciated!

Greetings:

But what can be expected, most people don't even know a fourth tower went down in 9-11... *sigh*

Or do they have an explanation for the gigantic hole in the middle of Building 6?

Judy Woods and John Hutchison do.

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

THERE IS NO SOLUTION.

Zip, none, nada.

P

Strong, weak nuclear force, gravity...electromagnetism...

They started drilling the holes for the 100 meter deep ice wall...

Iron ore rods...

Surreptitiously...

It is being done.

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Purple Chive - I sent you a message a little while ago. Did you get it?

I am pleased to see folks are still keeping up with this thread. By the way, I can still do searches in both part I and part II of this thread if necessary just let me know if you need it. The reference site has kind-of fallen by the wayside unfortunately but the historical stuff is still there.

It would be really useful to the world if someone wanted to write a book on this disaster and I am sure we would all probably buy it. (Are you listening zworld?)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is interesting....

From Moch:

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

As I have said on here many times, the reason for the ominous silence from the rest of the world is simply that ....

the correct end to that statement is;
the US military (/industrial complex) cannot afford it's nuclear weapons and nuclear power plants fuel rod production , replacement ( which HAS TO BE DONE VERY FREQUENTLY) without a massive industrial base mostly supported by forced payment ...or tax dollars.

It is super expensive to refine / mine, uranium, super expensive to build ANY kind of FISSION reactor , and super expensive to MAINTAIN any nuclear weapon or reactor and waste disposal ( because warheads and vessel reactors have short shelf life's due to HALFLIFE and that radiation degrading all of the components around them ...almost all minute man missiles would NOT detonate if fired , and most of the "hot reactors" in military vessels have to be changed evry 18 months or less) ...a MASSIVE problem for fission ... has been a 'kick the can' issue that , because that # HAS TO BE COOLED for hundreds of years and is, super , super toxic, and ALMOST ALL of the reactors have overflowing "spent" , read as : WASTE pools , WITH NO PLAN OR END GAME OF WHAT DO DO WITH THEM

The bottom line is: the U.S. NEEDS a huge "commercial" nuclear market otherwise it CANNOT AFFORD TO MAINTAIN IT"S PURE FORCE MILITARY SUPERIORITY which is based on nukes and nuclear power /nuclear infrastructure...

the simplest way to put this is ; the U.S. ('government') needs WORLD WIDE COMMERCIAL NUCLEAR REACTORS OR IT CANNOT AFFORD THE TECH....the direct line is that fuku , and ALL of it massive cover-ups and lies are a direct result of this policy
edit on 19-10-2014 by Silverlok because: p is nicebut not that nice

edit on 19-10-2014 by Silverlok because: amazing what a bit of empty space can do

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Purplechive...just back in the world and skimming..., but... I find it hilarious that they spent the time and money on the "ice wall" ( note to Tepco: walk a few blocks down to the university to solicit ideas, and NOT out source them to the lowest bidder) ...epic fail.. I wish i could laugh instead of cry about it .

At any rate ....If we can believe anything from tepcrapco...those numbers ( water being introduced suddenly increased temps ) would indicate that the water is slowing neutrons and allowing pulsing criticality heating in some form of melt mass or galvaniclly( from solution or surface boiling) created colloid ( uranium /plutonium atoms in extremely small sizes flowing around like ionized dust in the water) solution ..... I wonder just what the hell has been being flushed/washed/leaked out of fours 'spent' pool

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Unit 1: Taking Off the Cover

Fukushima reactor cover dismantling begins
Nuclear & Energy Oct. 21, 2014 - Updated 23:43 UTC-4
The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has begun dismantling the cover of a reactor building to remove debris as part of preparations for removing the nuclear fuel from a spent fuel storage pool.

Tokyo Electric Power Company started the work on Wednesday at the No. 1 reactor building. The cover was installed after the 2011 accident to prevent the dispersal of radioactive materials.

Using a remote-controlled crane, workers made holes in the ceiling and sprayed chemicals to prevent dust from spreading. The utility plans to make a total of 48 holes and to spray chemicals for about a week.

Then, starting around October 30th, they will remove part of the ceiling to see whether any dust comes off.

The operator hopes to begin full-scale dismantling of the cover in March and complete the task in about a year.

It expects to start clearing the debris in 2016.

The operator says it will monitor the possible spread of radioactive materials and post the data on its website.

The dismantling of the cover was initially due to start in July of this year. But the utility deferred the work to come up with ways to ensure that radioactive materials do not spread.

When debris from another reactor building was removed last year, some feared that radioactive materials might have dispersed and contaminated nearby rice paddies.

The operator hopes to begin taking the fuel out of the storage pool at the No. 1 reactor building in fiscal 2017.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Unit 4: Interesting Comment About SFP Removal

*The remaining 11 spent fuel assemblies including 2 leaking fuel assemblies and 1 deformed fuel assembly will be transferred once preparation is completed.

".....2 leaking fuel assemblies...." What the hell does that mean?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sharing The Making of Fukushima Archives Corium in the River Bed.

edit on 22-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Unit 2: Mountainside Wells High Rad Readings

From Moch:

fukushima-diary.com...

Makes ya wonder...all the digging and screwing around with diversion walls, ice walls etc. A total wreck.

- Purple Chive
edit on 26-10-2014 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Stumbled Across Something....

Civil plutonium stored over several years becomes contaminated with the Pu-241 decay product americium-241 (see page on Smoke Detectors and Americium), which interferes with normal fuel fabrication procedures. After long storage, Am-241 must be removed before the plutonium can be used in a MOX fuel fabrication plant because it emits intense gamma radiation (in the course of its alpha decay to Np-237).

Source...(before it disappears):
www.world-nuclear.org...

As much as I could paste...see below.

Plutonium
(Updated September 2014)
Over one-third of the energy produced in most nuclear power plants comes from plutonium. It is created in the reactor as a by-product.
Plutonium recovered from reprocessing normal reactor fuel is recycled as mixed-oxide fuel (MOX).
Plutonium is the principal fuel in a fast neutron reactor, and is progressively bred from non-fissile U-238.
Plutonium has occurred naturally, but except for trace quantities it is not now found in the Earth's crust.
There are several tonnes of plutonium in our biosphere, a legacy of atmospheric weapons testing in the 1950s and 1960s.
In practical terms, there are two different kinds of plutonium to be considered: reactor-grade and weapons-grade. The first is recovered as a by-product of typical used fuel from a nuclear reactor, after the fuel has been irradiated ('burned') for about three years. The second is made specially for the military purpose, and is recovered from uranium fuel that has been irradiated for only 2-3 months in a plutonium production reactor. The two kinds differ in their isotopic composition but must both be regarded as a potential proliferation risk, and managed accordingly.
Plutonium, both that routinely made in power reactors and that from dismantled nuclear weapons, is a valuable energy source when integrated into the nuclear fuel cycle. In a conventional nuclear reactor, one kilogram of Pu-239 can produce sufficient heat to generate nearly 10 million kilowatt-hours of electricity.
Plutonium and nuclear power
Plutonium is formed in nuclear power reactors from uranium. When operating, a typical 1000 MWe nuclear power reactor contains within its uranium fuel load several hundred kilograms of plutonium.
Reaction in standard UO2 fuel
Like all other heavy elements, plutonium has a number of isotopes, differing in the number of neutrons in the nucleus. All 15 plutonium isotopes are radioactive, because they are to some degree unstable and therefore decay, emitting particles and some gamma radiation as they do so.
All plutonium isotopes are fissionable with fast neutrons, though only two are fissile (with slow neutrons). For this reason all are significant in a fast neutron reactor (FNR), but only one – Pu-239 – has a major role in a conventional light water power reactor.
The main isotopes of plutonium are:
Pu-238, (half-lifea 88 years, alpha decay to U-234, releasing 5.6 MeV)
Pu-239, fissile (half-life 24,000 years, alpha decay to U-235)
Pu-240, fertile (half-life 6,560 years, alpha decay to U-236)
Pu-241, fissile (half-life 14.4 years, beta decay to Am-241)
Pu-242, (half-life 374,000 years, alpha decay to U-238)
(Periodic tables show an atomic mass of 244 for plutonium, suggesting Pu-244 as the most stable isotope with the longest half-life - 82 million years. It is the only one found in trace quantities in nature, apparently cosmogenic in origin from the formation of the Earth. It is not very relevant to this paper. It alpha decays to U-240.)
The most common isotope formed in a typical nuclear reactor is the fissile Pu-239 isotope, formed by neutron capture from U-238 (followed by beta decay), and which yields much the same energy as the fission of U-235. Well over half of the plutonium created in the reactor core is 'burned' in situ and is responsible for about one third of the total heat output of a light water reactor (LWR). Of the rest, about one sixth through neutron capture becomes Pu-240 (and Pu-241). The approximately 1.15% of plutonium in the spent fuel removed from a commercial LWR power reactor (burn-up of 42 GWd/t) consists of about 53% Pu-239, 25% Pu-240, 15% Pu-241, 5% Pu-242 and 2% of Pu-238, which is the main source of heat and radioactivity.b British Magnox reactors used for production of military plutonium in their early years (to 1964) were run at about 0.4 GWd/t burn-up.

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

(Are you listening zworld?)

As an FYI, zworld has not logged in for over two years.

This was the las post he ever made.

I do believe he was either targeted, or succumbed to an illness. I think I remember him mentioning the possibility of a potentially fatal illness; will have to go back through his posts to be sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
Howdy Folks...

Bitch and moan.

Re-post information and grievances.

Our collective, exemplary minds need to go beyond this.

So very grateful to all of you on this thread...a very erudite bunch of folks!! Please...let us start extrapolating a solution.

- Purple Chive

chive.. it is said that the very nature of collective consciousness is dependent on a "critical mass" of perception, perhaps it is the few rocks in the stream that need to 'stand fast' , pissing and moaning, as it were, about Crimes until a large enough audience is in attendance. I mean after all; most humans rock( as in are super fantastic) , and a very few ( perhaps less than ten percent...of) humans do almost all the harm , they are the thing that grab all the head lines and kill the most. no?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hey all - thanks for the continuing contributions. I have had many weeks of computer problems. I do keep checking as I am able and look forward to any news/updates about progress... though I don't hold my breath, lol. I recall way back Zworld did mention he had cancer...

I've yet to see any progress made on dealing with its radioactive bags of dirt piled everywhere. Those poor people and animals having to live with them day in and day out - how difficult is it to actually dig a huge pit and bury it all and be done with it instead of bagging it and leaving it sit around?

My fingers are crossed for divine intervention because there's sure no help coming from TPTB.

Sometimes I wonder how much history/information has been lost because people were unable or unwilling to pass it down through time. It only takes one person to keep it going and one more to be willing to join the chain. Perhaps we are like the few steadfast rocks in the stream...

edit on 4-11-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm also still hanging around sometimes, and no I've not heard from Z in a LONG time.

M

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Unit 4: Finished Removing Spent Fuel Rods

ajw.asahi.com...

Now gonna start removing them from Unit 1. Gonna be remotely done due to high rad.

And yes Silver, difficult to not to get frustrated with all the human F'ups we do. Maybe with the increase in UFO sightings lately...we might be getting some extraterrestrial help soon?? We sure as hell need it!!
)

Thanks again for all you other nuts on this thread!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So Fukushima has been downgraded from 'Breaking News' to 'Conspiracies'.

Next stop, 'Hoaxes'.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join