It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hot particles from Fukushima core(s) found hundreds of miles away confirmed.

nsnbc.me...

Hot Particle from Fukushima Reactor Core found in Nagoya, 460 kilometers from the Fukushima Daiichi Power Plant

Christof Lehmann (nsnbc) : Civil Engineer and Ph.D. Candidate Marco Kalthofen found a cancer causing hot particle in a dust sample from Nagoya, Japan, 460 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. 80% by weight of this particle was made up of pure reactor core materials. Kalthofen said about 25 % of dust samples from Japan contained at least some hot particles. xperts agree that one hot particle, if inhaled and lodged in a person’s lung, is sufficient for causing cancer. Particles may, if ingested, migrate in the body and cause cancer or DNA damages where ever they are lodged. In a video for Fairwind Energy Education, Kalthofen said:

“In looking at indoor environments, they tend to be much more contaminated than the surroundings outside. Houses act like a trap and they tend to collect outdoor contaminants and they expose people as much as 24 hours a day”. One of the samples Kaltofen and his team got came from Nagoya, Japan, approximately 460 kilomenters (300 miles) away from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

He pointed out that it was in the size that can be inhaled and then retained in the lungs. Kalthofen stressed:

“This is important, because if you are a health physicist and calculating the dose that you would get from this particle, you’d have to consider that this particle might actually be trapped and result in a lifetime exposure”. “We looked at materials like tellurium, radium-226, we saw cesium-134, and -137, cobalt-60, and a whole zoo of isotopes that probably you’ll never hear about on CNN. … 80% by weight of this particle was made up of pure reactor core materials. That tells me something, that it came directly from the accident, directly from the core”.

This journalists video "The Hottest Particle" can be seen here:
www.video3z.com...

And more bad news about unreported deaths of Fukushima workers:
nsnbc.me...

EXPOSED: Death of Fukushima Workers Covered-Up by TEPCO and Government

nsnbc : The death of many Fukushima workers who die from radiation exposure is covered-up by Fukushima Daiichi power plant operator TEPCO and the Japanese government, said a Japanese journalist who investigated the unreported deaths, adding that she found a TEPCO memo instructing officials to “cut her questions short appropriately”, and that police is following her around in an intimidating manner.

The alarming disclosure came at an international conference on the “Effects of Nuclear Disasters on Natural Environment and Human Health” outside the German financial capital Frankfurt. The conference was co-organized by the German chapter of International Physicians for Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) and the Protestant Church in Hesse Nassau, on March 6, 2014, reports Energy News.

Mako revealed that TEPCO and the government cover-up the death of Fukusjima workers and that government agents began following her around after she began investigating the cover-up. Mako said:

“I heard about it from researchers who were my friends as well as some government officials. I will show you a photo I secretly took of the agent, so you know what kind of surveillance I mean. When I would talk to someone, a surveillance agent from the central government’s public police force would come very close, trying to eavesdrop on the conversation….

“As of now of now, there are multiple NPP workers who have died, but only the ones who died on the job are reported publicly. Some of them have died suddenly while off work, for instance, during the weekend or in their sleep, but none of their deaths are reported. …

“Not only that, they are not included in the worker death count. For example, there are some workers who quit the job after a lot of radiation exposure, such as 50, 60 to 70 mili Sieverts, and end up dying a month later, but none of these deaths are either reported, or included in the death toll. This is the reality of the NPP workers”.

Mako Oshidori’s shocking revelation at the IPPNW press conference substantiates previous reports about TEPCO’s criminal disregard for safety and human lives.

In October 2013, Michel Chossudovsky, the director of the Canada based Centre for Research on Globalisation, reported that the coordination of the multibillion dollar Fukushima decontamination operation relies on Japan’s organized crime, the Yakusa, which is actively involved in the recruitment of “specialized” personnel for dangerous tasks.

One of the most important special qualifications for employment at the Fukushima Daiichi NPP is, according to many other reports, is to be stricken by unemployment and poverty, and in a situation where one has little other choice than to take an under-paid, high-risk job.

In late 2013, the Japanese parliament adopted new legislation to penalize the unauthorized publication of information about the crippled nuclear power plant with up to ten-years-long imprisonment. Mako Oshidori’s testimony about intimidating surveillance adds an alarming perspective to this legislation with regard to the freedom of press and the safety of Japanese journalists.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wishes

Wishes and everyone, I do actually have some good news: My article Lessons From Fukushima is in the Summer 2014 issue of Macrobiotics Today magazine. It contains 20+ references, most of which will be new even to those who follow global nuclear news. Toward the end of this year I will post it online, after the magazine embargo period is up. Three examples from that article:

1. Two math figures explain why no air filters and no water filters will ever remove 100% of ionizing radiation. In view of that finding, I recommend deep spring drinking water, which on average requires 10s of thousands of years to become contaminated with ionizing radiation.

2. An ocean survey before World War II reveals original ocean radioactivity levels (a "before" snapshot), necessary in order to understand the ocean implications of the Fukushima dai-ichi nuclear disaster. (Even Reuters News and all the scientific journals I have seen since 3/11 have neglected to share that information with the general public, although that data is common knowledge in the oceanographic community.)

3. Over the last 70 years, a surprising number of nuclear experts have recommended that nuclear reactors only be built underground.

As a follow-up to the limited writing space in that article, I will also post some free articles online in a few weeks. My writing strategy is to rely mostly on the information in books, which minimize financial conflicts of interest (or make them obvious), are much more comprehensible on technical and scientific topics, and are much better referenced than Fukushima reports in the popular press.

Hang in there.

For those wanting the article right away, online subscriptions or downloads of the Summer 2014 issue are for sale: www.ohsawamacrobiotics.com...
edit on 7/23/2014 by Uphill because: Added a link.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
10 Million Becquerels Per Hour of Radioactive Material...

Stay calm folks...yeah right...

One trillion Bq released by nuclear debris removal

The operator of the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant says more than one trillion becquerels of radioactive substances were released as a result of debris removal work at one of the plant's reactors.

Radioactive cesium was detected at levels exceeding the government limit in rice harvested last year in Minami Soma, some 20 kilometers from Fukushima Daiichi.

There are fears that some rice paddies in the city have been tainted by airborne radioactive material released when debris was removed from the plant's No.3 reactor in August last year.

On Wednesday, Tokyo Electric Power Company presented the Nuclear Regulation Authority with an estimate that the removal work discharged 280 billion becquerels per hour of radioactive substances, or a total of 1.1 trillion becquerels.

The plant is believed to be still releasing an average of 10 million becquerels per hour of radioactive material.

Municipalities around the plant are seeking solid measures to prevent the spread of radioactive substances, as workers prepare to dismantle the covering of the No.1 reactor building to remove debris there.
Jul. 23, 2014 - Updated 10:21 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Entertainment!!

This video gave me such a warm and fuzzy feeling!

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
Entertainment!!

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Who was it made for?

It was either Kindergarten children or politicians.

Hey Purple, can you find that out for me please?

Perhaps it was for an upcoming episode of Barney or Playschool.

There's an irradiated bear in there
And plutonium as well
There are people with cancer
With stories to tell
Open wide
Come inside
It's Fukushima

P

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Purplechive
Entertainment!!

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Who was it made for?

It was either Kindergarten children or politicians.

Hey Purple, can you find that out for me please?

Perhaps it was for an upcoming episode of Barney or Playschool.

There's an irradiated bear in there
And plutonium as well
There are people with cancer
With stories to tell
Open wide
Come inside
It's Fukushima

P

Yes - at 2:43 into the video, I lost it when I saw the "Froggies"!! Delightful!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I think it's safe to say the video was made as part of their ongoing PR campaign to assure us all that we have nothing to worry about.... *gulp*. There are a series of these under the years from Tepco's website.

What's really scary is how many people will look at something like that and go "See, it's just fine! They have everything under control!"

Such a sham on all fronts, it astounds me 'everyone' can't see the obvious...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

Thanks for the info Uphill, am very much looking forward to the article when it becomes available - and am very interested in what the background radiation was before the nuke everything frenzy. Please keep us posted!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Radioactivity Density of Unit 2 Sub-drain

Big spike...

(2nd graph)

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
hi im no expert but the suits the workers are wearing do they really do the job,a astronauts suit is designed to stop radiation but even they have to limit there time carefully in the van allan belt im thinking they should be more like an astronauts suit and helmit

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

No the suits that they wear are to stop radioactive particles from getting on the skin and to stop them from inhaling them. Gamma rays and alpha particless will go right through the suit. If you had a suit that stopped the radioactivity all together they wouldn't be able to articulate enouph to to the work they need to do and would also be extremely hot and expensive.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Tepco receives more billions to continue their 'utmost efforts'... *barf*

fukushima-diary.com...

Today, we have received 105.5 billion yen from the Nuclear Damage Liability Facilitation Fund (hereafter the Fund) based on the revised Special Business Plan (New Comprehensive Special Business Plan) approved on January 15, 2014. This financial support was given in response to the 30th request made in order to cover the compensation payouts up until the end of August 2014, as the sum of the compensation received in accordance with the “Act on Contract for Indemnification of Nuclear Damage Compensation” (120 billion yen) and the financial support provided by the Fund (4.1441 trillion yen) will not be sufficient for the amount of payouts estimated to be required by that time. With the financial support received from the Fund, we will continue our utmost efforts in implementing the compensation payouts with courtesy and compassion for the last one afflicted by the nuclear damage.

Meanwhile....

fukushima-diary.com...

On 7/26/2014, a Fukushima resident posted a video on Youtube to report the actual contamination situation in Kohriyama city. It records the radiation measurements around the area where schools and kindergarten concentrate. The measurement was implemented by a citizen’s monitoring station in Tokyo. Recording date was this April. As a result, they found a couple of hot spots, where are still extremely contaminated. The area is supposed to be decontaminated already. It is assumed to have accumulated the additional fall-out since decontamination. They measured over 1.5 μSv/h on the street only a few 10m from a school. Cs-134/137 density was 95,000 Bq/Kg in the sediment accumulated in the micro hot spot.

And headlines from enews.com...

04:09 PM EST on July 28th, 2014 | Researchers: Radioactive materials detected off California, levels spike to 400% normal — Crew then discovers ‘island’ of tsunami debris — Never seen so much garbage in ocean before — TV: “Disturbing new images from Pacific… looks like islands of plastic” 1,000 miles from coast — 7 tons and 80 ft. long, can walk on it as if land (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

10:05 AM EST on July 28th, 2014 | AP: Marine birds disappearing in Pacific Northwest — Significant ecological shift, crashes in many species — “Something’s happening on a big level, but what is it” — Herring problem may be far worse than revealed… result of contamination? Mexico suddenly bans bluefin tuna fishing, US may be next

04:13 PM EST on July 27th, 2014 | Guardian: Abnormal blood in monkeys linked to Fukushima disaster — Study: ‘Epidemic infectious disease’ could occur — “We cannot find other reasons except radiation” — Concern about strontium-90 & other radioactive materials besides cesium — “Potential direct relevance to humans”

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Some Fukushima updates:

This one affirms what most here knew months (years!) back...
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Meltdown at Fukushima Reactor 3 Worse Than Thought

Officials with the utility now say most of the nuclear fuel in the No. 3 reactor melted through the reactor core and is now resting at the bottom of the containment vessel.

They had previously said some of the fuel was still inside the reactor. Their latest assessment suggests decommissioning the No. 3 reactor could be more challenging than previously thought.

A government panel investigating the meltdown had said an improper shutdown of an emergency cooling system called “HPCI” had contributed to the accident.

They're not going to make the deadline to filter the water... what a surprise...
au.ibtimes.com...-MW2qOK3Y8

Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), operator of stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant, will be unable to comply with a deadline of clearing out radioactive water around the facility.

A delay in the cleanup could translate to a ban by South Korea ban on Japanese seafood imports. It could also further escalate demands for an international takeover of the Fukushima cleanup.

"The manpower and management attention could be deployed elsewhere," Michael Friedlander, a former nuclear engineer, told Bloomberg. "They're basically accumulating vast quantities of radioactive material that isn't in control and they need to get it in control."

The Fukushima site had already over 370,000 tonnes of contaminated radioactive water as of July 29, according to Novosti. Its levels continue to expand by 400 tonnes a day.

And a meager attempt to hold Tepco accountable..
thediplomat.com...

TEPCO Faces Renewed Pressure Over Responsibility and Cleanup The utility finds itself again facing legal indictments and safety accusations.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) has taken yet another hit this week, as a judicial panel has decided to request the indictment of three of its executives over the handling of the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant disaster. While a previous indictment was dismissed, new charges are being pursued, mainly at the request of residents in affected areas in Fukushima. Additionally, there are reports that a large percentage of funds set aside for the reconstruction of the areas struck by the tsunami have gone unused again this year, and that radioactive dust was repeatedly released during cleanup efforts since the disaster, reaching up to 60 km away, well outside the exclusion zone.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We will be getting more info about radiation levels on the BC coast before too long.

New Fukushima Marine Radionuclide Monitoring Network

www.dailykos.com...#

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
We will be getting more info about radiation levels on the BC coast before too long.

New Fukushima Marine Radionuclide Monitoring Network

www.dailykos.com...#

Well that's potentially awesome news! My only reservation is what political control there will be over releasing real data... it sounds like the first results will be coming forth shortly since they've already started collecting samples for evaluating.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just came across these pages with numerous Fukushima photos in case anyone is interested. Some photos when clicked open to new pages of photos. It says '2200 photos' - I didn't count, but there's a lot there.
www.thenuclearproctologist.org...#/page-7/

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great Googly Moogly this board needs a healthy dose of Troll-B-Gone. One gets banned and more just pop up...

Only three things come out of Fukushima.... bad news, worse news, and trolls.

My shoes are untied... must be because of Fukushima!!!!

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join