It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
When the Japanese people finally wake up and see what the future holds for there children it is going to be epic. And all these lying tepco/government officials will be hanged from the highest trees.

The only problem standing in the way is foolish misplaces pride. But even foolish misplaced pride has limits. Mark my words the blow back on this will be EPIC. I believe we will see many officials taking there own lives.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Many members do not understand what is happening.

Start from the position of reality. Here it is.

Fuky has no solution! There is no known way to fix this!

With that in mind, what do you want Tepco to do? What do you want Japan or Russia or the US to do? They all do not want you to know the truth! That would upset all the Mums and Dads in the world, that would be an epic disaster for Governments. Ye Gods, the people may stop trusting the Government. Heaven forbid!

IMHO They are waiting for the cores to sink so far down that they cease to be much of an issue. That is going to happen / is happening.

No solution means no solution. There is nothing they can do! Live with it. Get the word out!

P

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Japan must get ready to release Fukushima water into the sea: U.S. adviser:

The utility is pumping 400 tonnes of highly radioactive water out of the reactor buildings' wrecked basements every day, treating it to remove most radiation and storing the water in hundreds of makeshift tanks around the plant. Some 330,000 tons of contaminated water - enough to fill more than 130 Olympic swimming pools - has been pumped into storage pits and above-ground tanks at the facility.

Tepco plans to more than double the storage capacity of tanks at Fukushima by 2016, but doesn't have a plan beyond that. At least one tank has sprung a leak.

Tepco has tried to win local support for a "bypass" that would route groundwater around the plant and into the sea, reducing the amount of contaminated water that must be treated and stored. Local fishermen oppose the plan and have delayed its implementation.

Barrett said Japan's consensus-style of decision making risked delaying a practical step that would allow Tepco to focus on more critical problems.

"My sense is that they're hesitant to do this because it's a burden for the Japanese people, a burden for the fishermen, so maybe we'll just continue with more tanks," he said. "But you're just delaying the problem. Now is the time to deal with it."

Barrett said he urged Hirose to make Tepco more open to expertise from overseas. Foreign contractors and consultants have been largely excluded from the clean-up.

"I recommend they integrate foreign expertise within the Japanese system," he said. "It's something where they know they have to do better."

He said concerns raised by South Korea and China over the continued leaks of radiated water at Fukushima "political posturing."

"This is healthwise a big nothing," he said.

(Editing by Ian Geoghegan)

Reuters:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
150,000 tons of radioactive pollutants left out in the open

About 150,000 tons of radioactive waste, including contaminated soil left over from decontamination efforts, have been left out in the open in areas affected by the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, The Yomiuri Shimbun has discovered.

This figure accounts for about 30 percent of all radioactive waste from the crisis, and results from delays in the establishment of temporary storage sites.

The Yomiuri’s research discovered that 36 municipalities in Fukushima Prefecture are scheduled to set up temporary storage sites in 372 locations, but that so far storage sites had only been set up in 139 locations, or 37 percent.

Among the 36 municipalities, 23, or about 60 percent, had not been able to secure land for such sites. Behind the problem is the central and local governments’ failure to eliminate residents’ fears that radioactive pollutants may be stored at the sites for longer than authorities promise. Local government officials have said it will be easier to obtain residents’ consent once construction begins on interim storage facilities to store radioactive waste in the medium term, and expressed hope that construction will start quickly.

Of the municipalities, nine had secured locations for the temporary storage sites, two had not decided how many sites to build, and two did not reply to the question. Six municipalities, including Koriyama, had not been able to set up any sites because they could not obtain consent from residents.

Source and the rest of the Article:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Post-Fukushima Daiichi Debate Continues: Children Living Near Nuclear Power Plants Not At Increased Risk For Cancer

A study published yesterday in the British Journal of Cancer finds ‘little evidence’ of an increased risk of leukemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma for children under 5 who live in the vicinity of a nuclear power plant.

Since the 1980s, many Europeans along with the British have been concerned over a possible link between nuclear power plants and childhood cancers. During that decade, a German research study found a childhood leukemia 'cluster' in the vicinity of a nuclear plant near Hamburg, while in England, TV investigators reported a higher number of cases among children living near the Sellafield plant.

Researchers, then, have good reason to revisit this important health issue; in fact, they have 500 good reasons. Children with Cancer UK reports that childhood leukemia, cancer of the blood, is the most common cancer in children, accounting for around one-third of all cases, with nearly 500 children diagnosed every year in the UK. More than half are under the age of 5.

Current Evidence In the current study, scientists from the Childhood Cancer Research Group in Oxford examined data on 9,821 British children diagnosed with leukaemia or similar cancers between 1962 and 2007. The researchers analyzed where the children were born, where they lived, and when they were diagnosed — all of the children in the study, though, were 5 or younger. BBC News reports that the resulting information was then compared with data from the National Registry of Childhood Tumours, which has kept records on nearly all children diagnosed with cancer since 1962.

Source and the whole Study:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

and now we can add the brilliant idea to host the 2016 Olympics
real smart

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

The phrase "whole study" is quite disingenuous...

Here is a direct link to the study; which is pay walled.

Methods:

Cases of childhood leukaemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (LNHL) born and diagnosed in Great Britain between 1962 and 2007, with matched cancer-free controls, were analysed by logistic regression to estimate the risk of residential proximity at birth and diagnosis to the nearest NPP, adjusting for relevant variables.

Results:

For 9821 children with LNHL under the age of 5 years, the estimated extra risk associated with residential proximity to an NPP at birth was negative—interpolated Odds Ratio (OR) at 5 km was 0.86 (0.49–1.52). The comparison of 10 618 children with LNHL under five with 16 760 similarly aged children with other cancers also gave a negative estimate of the extra risk of residential proximity at diagnosis—interpolated OR at 5 km was 0.86 (0.62–1.18).

Conclusion:

Our results show little evidence of an increase in risk of LNHL to children aged under 5 years from living in the vicinity of an NPP. Risk estimates are incompatible with comparable ones published in a recent German case–control study.

To read this article in full you may need to log in, make a payment or gain access through a site license (see right).
emphasis mine

Obviously the article you quoted is NOT the 'whole study' and 'interpolated Odds Ratio' is a way of saying that they are using statistical analysis. This is a method of projecting on a population using theoretical assumptions.

Are you not the person who was arguing vehemently against using 'theory' to make a point?

Yes, i know "the Theory" but could you bring this Idea direct in Relevance with
the Nr.1,-2 and 3. Reactor, do you checked the Time for loss of Cooling and the Restart?

Which was in reply to this post of mine in which I quoted a study indicating meltdown of all 3 reactors and included some graphs of actual reactor temperatures in reactors 2 & 3.Those graphs also showed the beginning of the heat up/cool down phase changes that were predicted in the original thread.

So with your two most recent posts, I guess we can all pack up and go home?

The site can close this thread and indeed the entire forum that was created because it was determined that there was enough interest in the disaster to warrant the creation of said forum for the sole purpose of discussion and dissemination of information.

Or we can all just talk about how rosy everything is, how much control Tepco has of the situation, and how many cancers Fukushima won't be causing because it's all been so overblown and hyped, and that there are "no immediate health risks" associated with this event?

Nice to know.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Purplechive
Unit 4 FPC skimmer
surge tank level

Ok now I've got to get use to posting with this new ATS format....

Anyhow - Unit 4 skimmer surge tank level continues to be all over the place:

52.22×100mm
(9/8 11:00 現在)

47.01×100mm
(as of 11:00 , 9/9 )

41.92×100mm
(as of 11:00 , 9/10 )

And after re-reading TEPCO's rpt...this not the sort of instability that they want according to the roadmap. The skimmer surge level use to be very stable until around the end of this August 2013. Are they removing debris in advance of the fuel rod assembly removal to start in November and sloshing the Spent Fuel Pool around in the process?
Take a look at diagram in this TEPCO Unit 4 rpt:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Archives of daily rpts:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

We have a classic: from some column a) some from column b) prob;em combo's here.

if
they are actually trying to move the rod "assemblies" ( i can not image them being too "assembled" at this point ) AND the surge pool is surging ( even after all the huge structures and massive cooling implements at four )
then
they are causing criticalies from "assemblies" falling apart ab initiato ( from the very start) as they try to move them

It's probably why they built that structure around four...( and if I am right it will have some interesting 'shielding' to hide gamma releases and Cherenkov radiation detections from outside ...I mean they certainly want to hide anymore gamma shine or blue light specs like we had in the beginning)

the practical upshot here is
if
the pool is having this much trouble AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS OF REMOVING THE RODS
then
the chances for catastrophic failure before even 25% of the material is removed skyrocket exponentially ....

in fact if the surge pool fluctuations are from rod removal a back of the napkin geusstament using the current data puts even a 50% removal of pool material at less than 1% likely,

unless the numbers about the pool surging coming out( from the government/tepco) are fudged to hide early successes and try and use that to discredit annaylists and create a 'public' perception of "successful" linear progress in removal as opposed to the real world inevitability of the exponential degradation of the process that results in unstoppable , uncontrolled pool criticallity

So in short if they are removing rods and getting surging ( too much heat ) this early the situation is extremely grim and we are probably facing a situation wherein more than 300 tons of waste( oops should I call it spent fuel ) will end up being exposed to uncontrolled criticality .....

a good indication that this is the scenario would be a massive increase in the need to manage the "cooling" water ( that they cannot re-use )

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Your attempts to fertilize this thread with propaganda won't work my friend. We've seen through you a long time ago. My "predjudice" is for my own survival, which, for some disfunctional reason, I seem to think is my responsibility. So, forgive me for not being willing to hand they keys of my trust to any carjacker with a con-job and a knife in his jacket.

Tepco and JapGov are like two fat sisters fighting over the last chicken niblet and you seriously gobble down any drippings they might come your way like a hungry man looking for an excuse. Stay. Find a way to make your choice to remain in a dying country right and good for yourself, do what the hell you like, but don't feed me their leftovers, I'm not that hungry. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you'd take your sad obsession elsewhere, perhaps where they might share the same 'normalcy bias' you suffer from.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Silverlok

Purplechive
Unit 4 FPC skimmer
surge tank level

52.22×100mm

47.01×100mm

41.92×100mm

And after re-reading TEPCO's rpt...this not the sort of instability that they want according to the roadmap. The skimmer surge level use to be very stable until around the end of this August 2013. Are they removing debris in advance of the fuel rod assembly removal to start in November and sloshing the Spent Fuel Pool around in the process?
www.tepco.co.jp...

Archives of daily rpts:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

in fact if the surge pool fluctuations are from rod removal a back of the napkin geusstament using the current data puts even a 50% removal of pool material at less than 1% likely,

unless the numbers about the pool surging coming out( from the government/tepco) are fudged to hide early successes and try and use that to discredit annaylists and create a 'public' perception of "successful" linear progress in removal as opposed to the real world inevitability of the exponential degradation of the process that results in unstoppable , uncontrolled pool criticallity

So in short if they are removing rods and getting surging ( too much heat ) this early the situation is extremely grim and we are probably facing a situation wherein more than 300 tons of waste( oops should I call it spent fuel ) will end up being exposed to uncontrolled criticality .....

a good indication that this is the scenario would be a massive increase in the need to manage the "cooling" water ( that they cannot re-use )

agreed.

Ask yourself this question: Who's qualified to do the removal itself? What guy, like gimme a name kind of guy, who could do this? Not even a movie action hero could do this. Given there none trained in it, and none to come of retirement, who they gonna get? Or even scarier, who did the get, how many, what on Earth is he training on?

Worse. So you do get someone to do this for 100 bucks a day - didn't I see that's what TEPCO pays? This guy is going to be sweating f*&^%ing bullets more then a teenager getting his first shag. Say sweaty volunteer gets number one without issue, but upon grabbing number two, he had too much coffee and one of those annoying earthquake hits again.

The process of removal should scare the crap out of everyone near the plant, as in everyone within 15,000 miles. The cores are lost and we'll live with that, but they cover it up because they can still beat the plant. When this SFP-Bomb goes off due to sweaty McFly's screw up, they will all have to leave the site, when they do everyone will know the truth...

The Headline to scare the world: Spent Fuel Pool Removal Goes Bad, TEPCO Abandoned Site Permanently. Human heads go into the sand....

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

you paint a very dire..but realistic picture here.
i have wondered about who is performing these acts myself.
and what about all the smashed and broken ones?
cant just Hoover them up into a bag.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Thank you so much for sharing this information! Star and flag!
The japanse coalition of aliens controlling Tepco and orchestrasting this disaster must be stopped if we are gonna have any hope of staving off the invasion before they have dwindled our species numbers!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

crankyoldman

Silverlok

Purplechive
Unit 4 FPC skimmer
surge tank level

52.22×100mm

47.01×100mm

41.92×100mm

www.tepco.co.jp...

Archives of daily rpts:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

agreed.

Ask yourself this question: Who's qualified to do the removal itself? What guy, like gimme a name kind of guy, who could do this? Not even a movie action hero could do this. Given there none trained in it, and none to come of retirement, who they gonna get? Or even scarier, who did the get, how many, what on Earth is he training on?

Worse. So you do get someone to do this for 100 bucks a day - didn't I see that's what TEPCO pays? This guy is going to be sweating f*&^%ing bullets more then a teenager getting his first shag. Say sweaty volunteer gets number one without issue, but upon grabbing number two, he had too much coffee and one of those annoying earthquake hits again.

The process of removal should scare the crap out of everyone near the plant, as in everyone within 15,000 miles. The cores are lost and we'll live with that, but they cover it up because they can still beat the plant. When this SFP-Bomb goes off due to sweaty McFly's screw up, they will all have to leave the site, when they do everyone will know the truth...

The Headline to scare the world: Spent Fuel Pool Removal Goes Bad, TEPCO Abandoned Site Permanently. Human heads go into the sand....
it that scenario and in my oppinion the action to take at the start of this disaster ,would be to use catapults to make the earths biggest manmade mountain of concrete. This with the freezing of the whole site,the pumping of nitrogen etc etc might be the way.
Or ,the possibility that no spent fuel pools survived the initial blast and its all fubar.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

autopat51

...hehe...that; IS what they have been doing and now they have lots and lots of dirty, dirty diaper bags that will not disappear and no one wants.

remember this entire debacle is the result of the greed , stupidity and ego obsessions of only a few people.

The peoples " leaders" have screwed over 7 billion people and the number of people involved in the criminal deception are less than .000000143% of the people on this planet

edit on 14-9-2013 by Silverlok because: perception

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

i dont know whether to laugh or cry..about the bags
i feel sorry for those workers..i know they are doing the best they can
with what they have.
edit on 14-9-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Silverlok

autopat51

...hehe...that; IS what they have been doing and now they have lots and lots of dirty, dirty diaper bags that will not disappear and no one wants.

This thought is truly horrifying. It is a well known fact that groundwater in many US cities has all manner of meds in it - many take prosac even if they don't want to. So it stands to reason these irradiated boys at the TEPCO fun park are taking home some nasty stuff and dumping it, literally, in their home area, water etc. I know some will say, "they have proper gear" but we've seen photos to suggest otherwise. They're burning radioactive material, creating an endless supply of radioactive water, and sending home radioactive particles with the guys who volunteer for duty and lying about it all. Yet none of it is illegal. Not getting a dog a license is illegal, but none of this is a crime.

We should turn this thread into, find a silver lining. First to find a silver lining gets 5000 ats points.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

autopat51

i dont know whether to laugh or cry..about the bags
i feel sorry for those workers..i know they are doing the best they can
with what they have.

This is a serious world changing problem: sentiment needs to be pushed off to make room for solutions. how about we keep focusing on the few whom accept payment (...from tep/govermentco ... homeless highered from the slums as expendable labor)as opposed to everyone in the world ( especially the northern hemisphere) that will suffer for decades ( and mostly the newborn and elderly )?

this discussion by itself is a diversion

what is happening at fuku right now ?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

crankyoldman

Silverlok

autopat51

This thought is truly horrifying. It is a well known fact that groundwater in many US cities has all manner of meds in it - many take prosac even if they don't want to. So it stands to reason these irradiated boys at the TEPCO fun park are taking home some nasty stuff and dumping it, literally, in their home area, water etc. I know some will say, "they have proper gear" but we've seen photos to suggest otherwise. They're burning radioactive material, creating an endless supply of radioactive water, and sending home radioactive particles with the guys who volunteer for duty and lying about it all. Yet none of it is illegal. Not getting a dog a license is illegal, but none of this is a crime.

We should turn this thread into, find a silver lining. First to find a silver lining gets 5000 ats points.

there is no silver lining

the only thing close is that the tough survive..but unfortunately radiation doesn't choose ...it falls on the just and the unjust alike ( meaning the "elite" think they have a tech solution equal to immortality or radiation immunity ..and given the recent advances in tech they may have )

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

“Engineers at Japan’s crippled nuclear plant have made a worrying discovery” The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says that it found sharply rising tritium levels at a monitoring well near a wastewater storage tank.Tokyo Electric Power Company says the level of radioactive tritium at one of the wells rose to 130,000 becquerels per liter on Thursday. That’s more than twice the government-set level for its release into the sea. [...] The tritium level in the well was 64,000 becquerels per liter on Tuesday and rose to 97,000 becquerels on Wednesday. The well is located 20 meters north of the leaking tank. [...]

whats new? same old thing...things getting worse.
from enenews.com

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

autopat51

“Engineers at Japan’s crippled nuclear plant have made a worrying discovery” The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says that it found sharply rising tritium levels at a monitoring well near a wastewater storage tank.Tokyo Electric Power Company says the level of radioactive tritium at one of the wells rose to 130,000 becquerels per liter on Thursday. That’s more than twice the government-set level for its release into the sea. [...] The tritium level in the well was 64,000 becquerels per liter on Tuesday and rose to 97,000 becquerels on Wednesday. The well is located 20 meters north of the leaking tank. [...]

whats new? same old thing...things getting worse.
from enenews.com

i think this is important to note..this is a well!! not a starage tank

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join