It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

This person has boots on the ground and could have been invaluable in helping to get children evacuated from hot areas.

I seem to remember early on that member was stuck in Tsunami destroyed hot zone surrounding the plants awaiting evac.

How they got power to "emit" from there was something I must have overlooked.

Thanks for the heads up though.

No Nukes and no Nuke advocates... got it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I just did not see your Reply, Gosh,
and you know very well that i made more than 175 Videos
of my Measurements since 03/11!

It is laughable with you but i don't mind,
fight your Intolerance with facts!

Edit2: I am confused now,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Where is your Question???

Edit3: Now i found it, from February, more than 6 Months ago!
As far as i remember i did not wrote anything because it was
a very stupid question, for you it is unbelievable that we have
such low Levels because by your Idea about F'Shima
we must be glowing already!

The Idea that you are wrong is excluded?

reply to post by intrptr

Me?
edit on 12-9-2013 by Human0815 because: additional Question!

edit on 12-9-2013 by Human0815 because: add

edit on 12-9-2013 by Human0815 because: found it

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Confirmation of what was postulated in the original thread, that is re-suspension of redionuclides after initial deposition:

Using the known initial cesium-134/cesium-137 ratio stemming from this incident, along with a statistical assessment of the normality of the data distribution, we herein present evidence that strongly suggests that these activity spikes are due to re-suspended hot particles originating from the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant incident. Moreover, we have evidence to suggest that this re-suspension is localized in nature. This study provided empirical insight into the transport and uptake of radionuclides over vast distances, and it demonstrates that the CRMN was able to detect evidence of a re-suspension of Fukushima-Daiichi related isotopes.

Re-suspension of Cesium-134/137 into the Canadian Environment and the Contribution Stemming from the Fukushima-Daiichi Nuclear Incident

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"Thanks to Fukushima, sumo is now an Olympic sport"

Japan anger over French Fukushima cartoon

Japan will formally protest about a cartoon in a French satirical weekly of sumo wrestlers with extra limbs at the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant.

The caption says: "Thanks to Fukushima, sumo is now an Olympic sport", a reference to Tokyo's successful bid to host the 2020 Olympic Games.

Japan overcame concerns about the plant, which was crippled by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, to win the bid.

A Japanese official said the cartoon gave the wrong impression about Japan.

The sketch in Le Canard Enchaine showed a commentator in a nuclear protection suit standing in front of two multi-limbed and emaciated sumo wrestlers facing off against the backdrop of the plant The French weekly also published a picture of two people wearing nuclear protection suits holding a Geiger counter in front of a pool of water and saying that water sport facilities had already been built at Fukushima.

The triple meltdown at Fukushima, which lies 141 miles (227km) north of the capital, was classed as a highest-possible level seven incident on an international scale, one of only two nuclear events ever given that rating - along with the 1986 Chernobyl disaster in the former Soviet Union.

'Wrong impression' Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said the government would lodge an official complaint with the magazine. "These kinds of satirical pictures hurt the victims of the disaster," Mr Suga told a news conference. "This kind of journalism gives the wrong impression about the waste water problem," he added.

"Water sport facilities have already been built at Fukushima"

Hey Japanese Government - we're all kind of pissed at the big radiated crap Tepco et al took on the world too. It's way nastier than a silly cartoon.

People are going to talk and people are going to make you the butt of their jokes....because you continue to lie and hide the truth Mr. Government official. Get over it. You expect us to patiently sit by while you "handle" Fukushima. We got your handle. Here...

Hey congrats on that Olympic bid. So sorry it will never happen. You have bigger fish to fry...oh wait....you got that one covered. Wrong impression...wrong impression? LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez.

Source

edit on 12-9-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I will just drop the links here until we figure out how to post vids again.

Hot beef in Japan.
www.youtube.com...
On FB the vid is being flagged as "abusive" [To the meat? lol]

230 X background in this park full of kids.
www.youtube.com...
I hope those links work that way.

My chum in southern Brazil who has had crazy high readings in his rain, black stuff, yellow stuff etc. has forked out the cash for a great geiger. One of these puppies. Hopefully to silence some of the drop-in u-tube critics. It identifies and even streams graphs.
www.polimaster.com...

It's way too early to identify the source but he's found Cobalt 60 in his rain.

He and others have a much better understanding and grasp of this radiation, than me. I find the whole concept so confusing and abstract, that it's overwhelming.
I'll keep you posted on what is learned?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

www.polimaster.com...

Nice toy. Expen$ive toy. Wished I had one.

The actual identification of nuclides is key to identifying the sources of Radioactive Contamination. All civilian radiation measurement devices register decay "events". That is, a single ionizing "event" occurring in the meters chamber is registered as a "click" (audible) or "count" on a display.

This does not tell the source of the "ray" that zinged thru the chamber and registered as a "hit" inside the detectors chamber, only that an event has occurred. It could be a cosmic ray, an X-ray from the sun or a gamma, alpha or beta "ray" from a radioactive source, such as a particle of Plutonium from Fukushima in that sushi on your plate.

Actually identifying the isotope or nuclide with a handheld portable detector is a game changer. The detector in your link is not just a "geiger counter ":

The new class of small (pocket-size) pager-style gamma and gamma-neutron spectroscopic personal radiation detectors combines the functionality of radiation detectors (detection and localization of radiation sources and primary radionuclide identification) and dosimeters (measurement of dose rate and count rate).

Emphasis added. Further:

The results show not only designations of identified radionuclides, but also classes to which they relate in accordance with the recommendations of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) - naturally occurring radiation materials (NORM), medical isotopes, industrial sources or special nuclear materials (SNM).

In simpler terms this device measures the decay over time of emissions from fixed sources and (doing the math) makes an evaluation of the most likely "primary nuclide identification" based on the changing decay rate.

Its not a true spectrometer but contains a...

built-in scintillation CsI(Tl) detector, which searches for gamma radiation sources, accumulates gamma-spectra and identifies radioactive sources.

So what you do is set the device to record the decay rate of a source (such as rainwater on a wipe or filter material) and over a longer time frame it will compare the changing decay rate with nuclide data stored in memory. Your friend could finally find out if Cesium and other "primary" nuclides are present. A sure leg up on just CPMs or SV / hr., etc.

This is info we desperately need here. A good friend indeed.

This device is new in that it is small, portable and a lot cheaper than the scintillators in government and University laboratories. The need for this apparatus is born of the events in Fukushima. Because "average" inquiring minds want to know...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I dont think we have had this URL before, if we have I am sorry to repost. It is a link to the Fukushima Freedom of Information Act requests and replies to the NRC.

There are some interesting questions and answers (and some no-answers too) for the FOIA submissions about Fukushima for each year 2011,2012,2013

Such as this one about coal fly ash submitted on 13 Mar 2011 It highlights the dangers of sea water and also sand which they were also considering.

===========================
From 5apr13 article linked to above and here I picked out this part and went looking for the athletic stadium at Fukushima. Below is a comparison shot. Dont know when the recent Google Maps shot was taken, but I dont see any huge numbers of dry storage casks placed there since April 2013. Could be placed inside the white buildings on the centre right hand side of those images I suppose.

For the April 4 removal operation, the spent fuel was packed into a receptacle that can hold 37 spent nuclear fuel assemblies, called a dry cask, and placed into a temporary reinforced-concrete cask depot built on the east part of an athletic field on the plant site, the utility said, adding that fuel removal from the common storage pool will continue.

Google Maps image see below.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Using advanced satellite technology the Japanese government cannot find the cores underneath Fukushima Daiichi, however...they probably could if they really wanted to as this comment makes the point.

in the comments section

mairs
September 12, 2013 at 12:40 am Log in to Reply
Aquifers found beneath Kenya. 'Radar Technologies International, a natural resources exploration firm, first caught a glimpse of the aquifers using advanced satellite technology. Drilling confirmed that water’s presence. Scientists describe the aquifers, which are naturally replenished, as looking like a short stack of “interconnected pancakes.”'
But coriums beneath Fukushima cannot be found?

#
rockyourworld
September 12, 2013 at 1:14 am Log in to Reply
they can find gas 7000 feet down by thumping the ground they actually had the nerve to measure natural gas here on private property without even asking permission on thanksgiving day! they cracked the walls of a farmhouse around the corner in the process what a sneaky bunch when they want to be. they know exactly where the coriums are

and in another post comments
I am pleased to see that the Chinese official mouthpiece is starting to report this.

FXofTruth
September 11, 2013 at 11:50 pm Log in to Reply

Water is poured on to a melting core at 30,000 gallons per minute – (scientific estimation during an emergency meltdown)
– 8.3 pounds is the weight of one gallon of water (variations in weight can happen because of elements in the water)
– 30,000 gallons of water weight 249,000 pounds
– A short TON, commonly used in the US, is equal to 2000 pounds

ONE MINUTE – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 124.5 TONS of water. (All based on 30,000 gallons per minute)
ONE HOUR – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 7,470 TONS of water.
24 HOURS – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 79,280 TONS of water.
1 WEEK – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 1,254,960 TONS of water.
ONE YEAR – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 65,257,920 TONS of water.
50 YEARS – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 3,262,896,000 TONS of water.
100 YEARS – of water flowing over a SINGLE melted core is 6,525,792,000 TONS of water.

The question is, "How long does core cooling water stay in the melted core's area?"
At the rate of 30,000 gallons a minute…minutes I would venture to say!
If the water sat too long it would boil off.
The above numbers are related to cooling off ONE melted core.
These numbers will need to be multiplied times 3x melted cores.

If water is flowing over a single core for ONE YEAR at the rate of 65, 257,920 tons.
Then, in gallons that equals…

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Hi Aircooled

Just want to say I stopped taking any notice of Human0815 posts before Part 1 of this thread was closed!

Biased, close minded disinfo at its most obvious!

None of us should respond to him/her at all as it seems that makes this person think that we actually believe what they are spouting! How can we trust anyone who seems to quote and rely mostly on reports leaked by TEPCO?

Thanks again to all posting believable info on the new part of this thread, QM2, AC, Intrprtr, PHNX, LBE, too many to mention, thank you all!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

qmantoo
Using advanced satellite technology the Japanese government cannot find the cores underneath Fukushima Daiichi, however...they probably could if they really wanted to as this comment makes the point.

I posted this about four pages before the end of the first thread.

There is much being said about not knowing just where the 100 ton reactor cores from the three melted down reactors are located. But there is an easy way to find them. There is an old X-Ray technology, not used any more today, that uses a device called a lead collimator. A variation of that could be used to pinpoint the cores even if they are far underground.

If you know what a shotgun mic is then all you have to do is replace the long channels that guide the sound to the mic with lead channels and and replace the mic with a radiation counter. Then you make sure the counter is completely shielded from radiation coming from any direction other than the lead channels.

Then you pick at least three locations around each reactor building and aim the device to pick up the highest reading at each location. It is then just a simple triangulation problem to locate the cores in three dimensions much like a directional antenna is used to triangulate a radio wave source in two dimensions.

But I am willing to bet that none of those high priced engineers even knows about the lead collimator.

edit on 13-9-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Something has been bothering me about recent numbers in various media for the amount of contaminated water that could/is going into the ocean. I have watched the story evolve in the past few days and a very important admission related to the three MIA cores was made....and missed in subsequent reports because the number 300 was used in both admissions at the same time.

Tepco could possibly be using the 300 tons figure to make two (or three) separate major problems appear as one problem, and based on later stories...it worked. The first issue is a leaking storage tank(s).

About 300 tons of highly radioactive water also leaked from one of around 1,000 storage tanks last month.

AND the second issue is

Tepco has already admitted that radiation from the stricken reactors has contaminated groundwater flowing to the sea. It is believed about 300 tons of highly radioactive groundwater is entering the Pacific daily.

By using the same number for both problems, it is easy to confuse the media and the public and make them think leaking tank = 300 one time and make them forget about the river (they say is also 300 tons daily.)

In later articles, you can see where the confusion made the groundwater (river) flow rate discussion disappear and all the focus went to the lesser of the two problems, a leaking tank.

Groundwater flow rate is 300 tons (they say) daily that appears to us at least to possibly be washing over these highly, highly radioactive melted cores and other contaminated areas somewhere underground and flowing straight into the Pacific based on contamination levels.

And the leaking number was 300 tons from the tank.

Here's where they try to confuse and combine without adding the two problems...

“There is the possibility that the contaminated water (from the tank), diluted by rainwater . . . has seeped into soil and reached groundwater,” Tepco said in a press release.

The groundwater from the surrounding mountains naturally flows beneath the plant toward the sea.

I believe the groundwater flow rate has been changed. It is supposed to be:

Because the reactor complex was built upon an ancient river bed located at the base of a mountain range, huge quantities of water flowing down from the mountains (1,000 tons daily) are circulating around these highly radioactive cores absorbing large concentrations of radioactive elements.

That's probably what this "water feature" was that was discussed in the early days following the disaster in the mega thread that Tepco avoided discussion about.

PART 1 thread location

And I believe they are trying to explain away the groundwater contamination with a leaking tank.

To further confuse the issue....there is another 300 Tepco floats regularly for use in analysis - that of the amount sprayed daily to keep the supposed cores cool.

Source

I guess, in short, ocean contamination levels need to include that 1,000 tons ground water that is ALREADY highly contaminated by contact with the melted cores (not just a leaking storage tank contaminating "clean" groundwater) and leaking into the ocean already daily - and the amount produced daily by spraying to cool - and whatever leaks are admitted.

Just another thing to watch for in Tepco's "releases."

And here is a link to a really informative new article....please read by Dr. Helen Caldicott

Endless Fukushima catastrophe: Many generations’ health at stake

Link to article

Among the many notable points made is this..

Of great concern is the fact that 18 cases of childhood thyroid cancer in children under the age of 18 have already been diagnosed and 25 more are suspected in Fukushima. This is a remarkably short incubation time for cancer, indicating that these children almost certainly received a very high dose of iodine 131 plus other carcinogenic radioactive elements that were and are still being inhaled and ingested.

Things seem to be heating up at Fukushima....

(I really wish we still could use the quote function from PART 1. And I wish there was a way to do an ATS search in a specific thread only.)

edit on 13-9-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

You sounds funny and very small Minded like many other People!

I use Tepco Data when i need the exact Data like Temp., Water Flow,
Amount of cooling Water, etc, as well as for Photos and Videos.

And i will continue because this Topic is ruled by Fear Mongeres since
Day One and Reality is one of the things they missed!

When you dislike something try to articulate
your dislike, when something is wrong show
other sources and when you think i lie than
show us the or your Reality but the Way like
you had done is a big No No No!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Do we have a potential whistle blower within Tepco

Fukushima 'not under control' warns TEPCO official

The Japanese government and TEPCO were scrambling to reassure people Friday that they have a lid on Fukushima after a senior utility executive said the nuclear plant was "not under control".
The remarks by Kazuhiko Yama#a, who holds the executive-level title of "fellow" at Tokyo Electric Power, seem to flatly contradict assurances Prime Minister Shinzo Abe gave Olympic chiefs a week earlier.
In a meeting with members of the opposition Democratic Party of Japan, Yama#a was asked whether he agreed that "the situation is under control" as Abe had declared at the International Olympic Committee meeting in Buenos Aires.
He responded by saying, "I think the current situation is that it is not under control," according to major media, including national broadcaster NHK.
News of his comment prompted a rush by the government and TEPCO to elaborate on Yama#a's remark, saying he was talking specifically about the plant's waste water problem, and not the facility's situation in general.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, Abe's right-hand man, separately said Yama#a was repeatedly pressed by DPJ lawmakers when he made the remark.
The view of TEPCO as a company does not contradict Abe's statement, Suga added.
TEPCO has poured thousands of tonnes of water on the Fukushima reactors to tame meltdowns sparked by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
The utility says they are now stable but need to be kept cool to prevent them running out of control again.

Source

We can only hope those who KNOW what is going on there....come forward.

The video of his statement can be found Here

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

DancedWithWolves
Something has been bothering me about recent numbers in various media for the amount of contaminated water that could/is going into the ocean. I have watched the story evolve in the past few days and a very important admission related to the three MIA cores was made....and missed in subsequent reports because the number 300 was used in both admissions at the same time.

Tepco could possibly be using the 300 tons figure to make two (or three) separate major problems appear as one problem, and based on later stories...it worked. The first issue is a leaking storage tank(s).

About 300 tons of highly radioactive water also leaked from one of around 1,000 storage tanks last month.

AND the second issue is

Tepco has already admitted that radiation from the stricken reactors has contaminated groundwater flowing to the sea. It is believed about 300 tons of highly radioactive groundwater is entering the Pacific daily.

By using the same number for both problems, it is easy to confuse the media and the public and make them think leaking tank = 300 one time and make them forget about the river (they say is also 300 tons daily.)

In later articles, you can see where the confusion made the groundwater (river) flow rate discussion disappear and all the focus went to the lesser of the two problems, a leaking tank.

Groundwater flow rate is 300 tons (they say) daily that appears to us at least to possibly be washing over these highly, highly radioactive melted cores and other contaminated areas somewhere underground and flowing straight into the Pacific based on contamination levels.

And the leaking number was 300 tons from the tank.

Here's where they try to confuse and combine without adding the two problems...

“There is the possibility that the contaminated water (from the tank), diluted by rainwater . . . has seeped into soil and reached groundwater,” Tepco said in a press release.

The groundwater from the surrounding mountains naturally flows beneath the plant toward the sea.

I believe the groundwater flow rate has been changed. It is supposed to be:

Because the reactor complex was built upon an ancient river bed located at the base of a mountain range, huge quantities of water flowing down from the mountains (1,000 tons daily) are circulating around these highly radioactive cores absorbing large concentrations of radioactive elements.

That's probably what this "water feature" was that was discussed in the early days following the disaster in the mega thread that Tepco avoided discussion about.

PART 1 thread location

And I believe they are trying to explain away the groundwater contamination with a leaking tank.

To further confuse the issue....there is another 300 Tepco floats regularly for use in analysis - that of the amount sprayed daily to keep the supposed cores cool.

Source

I guess, in short, ocean contamination levels need to include that 1,000 tons ground water that is ALREADY highly contaminated by contact with the melted cores (not just a leaking storage tank contaminating "clean" groundwater) and leaking into the ocean already daily - and the amount produced daily by spraying to cool - and whatever leaks are admitted.

Just another thing to watch for in Tepco's "releases."

And here is a link to a really informative new article....please read by Dr. Helen Caldicott

Endless Fukushima catastrophe: Many generations’ health at stake

Link to article

Among the many notable points made is this..

Of great concern is the fact that 18 cases of childhood thyroid cancer in children under the age of 18 have already been diagnosed and 25 more are suspected in Fukushima. This is a remarkably short incubation time for cancer, indicating that these children almost certainly received a very high dose of iodine 131 plus other carcinogenic radioactive elements that were and are still being inhaled and ingested.

Things seem to be heating up at Fukushima....

(I really wish we still could use the quote function from PART 1. And I wish there was a way to do an ATS search in a specific thread only.)

You raise and exceedingly salient point. There is a reason for curious the numbering that should be added to this conversation. Human folks have a certain program in them that allows them to accept certain numbers, in certain scenarios, without outrage. So, if 2 people died in a plane crash there is no internal response like, "oh my god" but if 100 people died in a plane crash the perception shifts to, "that's really bad," if 300 die, some will demand changes of some sort.

Think 2.99 is NOT 3 dollars but TWO dollars.

The 300 number seems low to folks, as they'll just see the 3, as the hundred part is eliminated. If it were 399 it would still be 3 in most minds. 359 is bad for business. My guess is they have no idea as to the real number, how could they? So they simply admit to a low number that won't draw attention - even number as they secure us better then odd numbers. Then leave it at that, and ignore any real number. Now that the 3 is established, then can dump as they please - who's to argue?

All PR campaigns are about managing perception, not reality. They choose numbers based on this, not on what is actually happening. If you and I say, 'screw you, show me facts, data," we'd be laughed out of the room and they know this - no one is checking. I would assume that all the numbers, not coming from staff leaking info, are lies, as there is no reason for them to tell the truth - none at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Fukushima "not under control", says TEPCO official

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

qmantoo

===========================
From 5apr13 article linked to above and here I picked out this part and went looking for the athletic stadium at Fukushima. Below is a comparison shot. Dont know when the recent Google Maps shot was taken, but I dont see any huge numbers of dry storage casks placed there since April 2013. Could be placed inside the white buildings on the centre right hand side of those images I suppose.

For the April 4 removal operation, the spent fuel was packed into a receptacle that can hold 37 spent nuclear fuel assemblies, called a dry cask, and placed into a temporary reinforced-concrete cask depot built on the east part of an athletic field on the plant site, the utility said, adding that fuel removal from the common storage pool will continue.

Google Maps image see below.

That is the athletic field. The east side does have a built up square white looking area at the top of the "oval". My guess is that is a concrete bunker of sorts and they are "entombing" the dry casks in there as they come from the fuel pool at #4.

These fuel rod casks are unused (as yet unexposed in a reactor) and generate little heat. Those fuel rods were to be installed in the #4 reactor well before the earthquake hit. They are a lot easier and safer to remove than the spent fuel rods still 7 stories up in the damaged reactor 4 spent fuel pool.

Looks like thats where they will stay for now. Crazy improvisation.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Do people believe that the usa and russia dont have satellites that can track radiation?

Or you can use a model,the very fact that they use models says to me the truth can not be told.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Do people believe that the usa and russia dont have satellites that can track radiation?

Or you can use a model,the very fact that they use models says to me the truth can not be told.

If you really sit with it, what reason do they have for telling the truth at all? Their own moral fiber is the ONLY thing that might, might, require them to speak the truth. There is no law, no contract, nothing to require them. There is no downside to them lying, none at all.

The information they have given so far is more vague and deceptive then the information given by a general during war - he lies too. What exists here in these threads and in a few, very few, other dedicated sites, is cobbled together by folks with real concern for our planetary well being. No one has a site-based formal research paper to examine, they're looking at photos - guys with no mask and guys with improper footwear. They're seeing duct tape, and steam. They're seeing suspicious lights and broken pipes.

We can go round and round, the fact is - we're screwed. The thing can't be stopped by Humans, anytime soon. The thing can't be contained by Humans, anytime soon. The real information will not be released to the Humans, anytime soon - if ever.

I look at this and think: My surfing days are over shortly. My Sushi days are over now. My walks on the beach will be over soon. My plane travel should take into account the flight path. Chances are, people I know will get sick soon, and they will be lied to about what ails them. Is this extreme? They won't tell us what is really dumping - a speck of plutonium isn't really healthy despite what several science experts here say.

What shocks me, after all that, is there are still people who will contend there is no issue. They say things like, "the ocean is big" or "it will all sink." Even an ignorant ape would never say such a thing. I don't remember folks saying this about 3MI, or Chernobyl, people of intelligence were concerned. To be so brainwashed as to think, and speak - proudly, that "gee, there is no problem here, we'll be fine" is to be insane by any and all standards. It is like saying about the leaking pipe in your house, "gee, it's a few drips, so what?" Technically that may be right in that exact moment, but 40 years of leaking pipe means entire house's destruction. These knuckleheads seem to really think something will stop this? If this isn't a problem, why did the Russian's act rather fast after Chernobyl?

Rant over.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

that my dear fellow has been obvious ...ab initiato (from the beginning) .

Atmospheric Radiation tracking has been in place since the beginning...back when science was public..in near terms the sensors are better but the access to the data is FAR less.

why

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Obviously it's so those who want what's currently happening the way they want it to happen can further whatever plots they've hatched since it's occurred.

That's why.

BTW, the technology to image the cores themselves is available with a bit of development:

A study of imaging the Fukushima Daiichi reactors with cosmic-ray muons to assess the damage to the reactors is presented. Muon scattering imaging has high sensitivity for detecting uranium fuel and debris even through thick concrete walls and a reactor pressure vessel. Technical demonstrations using a reactor mockup, detector radiation test at Fukushima Daiichi, and simulation studies have been carried out. These studies establish feasibility for the reactor imaging. A few months of measurement will reveal the spatial distribution of the reactor fuel. The muon scattering technique would be the best and probably the only way for Fukushima Daiichi to make this determination in the near future.

Imaging Fukushima Daiichi reactors with muons

Of course, they're going to have to widen their field of view...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join