It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by donlashway

This is a good Point,
it is not enough to be just scared about all this!

People need to be active, they need to create a Environment
where a change is possible,
in the past many People didn't mind NPS but this changed

If we miss this important Point again, like after Chernobyl,
we should be not surprised.

We need to be free of Fear to create something new,
but the so called "Alternative Media", incl. A. Gundershill and Enenews,
create Fear on a daily basis, they are the Shills!

edit on 21-1-2014 by Human0815 because: enenews

The solution to this debate is simple.... If you believe Fukushima is harmless, then you get a free ticket to Japan to help out at the plant.

If you believe nuclear power is safe, you get a free ticket to Japan to help out at the plant.

You guys should have it all cleaned up in a week or so.

edit on 21-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

it is not enough to be just scared about all this!

Is it right that the more you know the less you fear?
Even if you find out it is not good it is better knowing?
Maybe that has been your point all along, disinformation causes uncertainty and that is the root of all fear mongering ?

We need to be free of Fear to create something new,

Knowledge and Information is all we can hope to save us.

It's the bits of knowledge and reason that bring comfort.

Billions of informed people should lead to greater success that just a few ?
edit on 21-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Rofl,

what kind of a Argument

i am not a Fan of old/ very old Nuclear Stations,
imho. every single Plant older than 10 Years need to get closed A. S. A. P.
but i need to say after spending so much Time for this Topic
that my opinion (Anti-Nuclear) is not 100% Straight anymore.

Our Demand for Energy will explode in the next Decades,
China, India, the Middle East, South East Asia still use Coal
and/ or even Charcoal, but they will change soon.

Look up to China, do you have a Imagination how many People
get killed by their Pollution/ Smog every year?
(ca. 120.000 but in-official Data because it is a State Secret and to
talk about it is a Reason for Repression!)

Fact is we need Answers, Fact is also that alternative Energy can't
deliver that much Energy at the moment because no one is spending
Money for Innovations

We could also redesign our Society but who are we,
imo. it is very arrogant to tell China "hey Man, you need to change
your Living Style"!

It is easy to talk about this Topico but providing Answers is very difficult!

PS: I am already in Japan/ Tokyo and do not need to get send here

And in the Summer i will go there for Work too (Fukushima-Ku)

Tokyo: 0.08 micro-Sievert on Soil

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

As more you know as less you Fear= "Ping Pong, Ping Pong"!

Agreement on the highest Level.

Many Stories of the Alternative Media create Fear only,
now we have at least three Types of Human beings,
Group A. get into a Rigid State
Group B. become Active
Group C. avoid this Topic

The so called alternative Media saturated the interested
People with Fear-mongering, with plain Lies and Over-estimation
of Damage and Danger, many People cant stand this
and stop to listen, other become depressive and only
a few become Active!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Large amount of cesium flowed into ocean after 2011 typhoon

The amount of radioactive cesium that flowed into the sea through a river running across central Fukushima Prefecture when a powerful typhoon hit in September 2011 totaled 6.2 trillion becquerels, about 60 percent of the total for a 12-month period, researchers say.

The number was measured from Sept. 19 to Sept. 27, 2011, when Typhoon No. 15 swept through the region surrounding the Abukumagawa river.

Heavy rainfall and strong winds contributed to the high volume of cesium during the nine-day period, researchers say.

Cesium released from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in a triple meltdown in March 2011 landed in the soil in the region, which measures some 5,000 square kilometers wide. The fallout is gradually finding its way into the river through storm-water runoff.

A team of scientists from Kyoto University, the Meteorological Research Institute and other research bodies monitored water levels, depth of rainfall, the turbidity of the water and the concentration of cesium at six sites along the river from June 2011 to May 2012.

Asahi Source

Interesting!

Fukushima: Fear and Fallout

According to the IAEA, overdramatized reports of radiation risks
to unborn children led to an increase of between
100,000 and 200,000 European babies intentionally aborted by their mothers,
who feared they might be carrying “nuclear monster!

Radiationeffects
edit on 22-1-2014 by Human0815 because: Link to Radiationeffects

edit on 22-1-2014 by Human0815 because: Format

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Unit 2 Supression Chamber...Plenty of Water...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Human0815

As more you know as less you Fear= "Ping Pong, Ping Pong"!

Agreement on the highest Level.

Many Stories of the Alternative Media create Fear only,
now we have at least three Types of Human beings,
Group A. get into a Rigid State
Group B. become Active
Group C. avoid this Topic

The so called alternative Media saturated the interested
People with Fear-mongering, with plain Lies and Over-estimation
of Damage and Danger, many People cant stand this
and stop to listen, other become depressive and only
a few become Active!

Often/usually alternative media carries information the mainstream media refuses or is not allowed to carry. Fear mongering is when fear is intentionally spread - in the case of Fukushima - some of the fear comes from lack of information being forthright from Tepco and the governments. Some of the fear comes from the ridiculously damaging state it's in and no way to stop it! If there's nothing to fear why the new laws in Japan preventing information and questioning? If there's nothing to fear why did Canada take down the radiation monitors after it blew up? (and no, is not a 'budget' issue...)

Mainstream media is totally run and controlled - you get what they want to spoon feed you and you don't get what they don't want you to know. I'll take alternative media any day over mainstream when it comes to something as important as nuclear poison.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

"Everything is up to you"!

Mai Pen Rai!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Mai pen rai – pronounced “My pin rye” — is a famous Thai expression. You will hear it many times before you get out of Thailand, often when something goes wrong or someone loses their cool. Mai pen rai sums up life in Thailand and the attitude there in general. This famous attitude is what allowed the Thais to keep their cool and get back on their feet after the devastating losses of the Boxer Day tsunami. There are lots of different opinions on the direct translation, but mai pen ray literally means “no worries” or “it’s nothing.” The expression can also be used as “your welcome” after someone says “thanks.” You will enjoy your trip exponentially more if you adopt this local attitude as well. The next time the agent loses your ticket, your bus breaks down, or you step in a pile of water buffalo poo – don’t freak out as you would at home, just smile and say “mai pen rai“.

Seems as in most of life if you freak out or loose it, that does more damage than the event.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Our Demand for Energy will explode in the next Decades, China, India, the Middle East, South East Asia still use Coal and/ or even Charcoal, but they will change soon. Look up to China, do you have a Imagination how many People get killed by their Pollution/ Smog every year? (ca. 120.000 but in-official Data because it is a State Secret and to talk about it is a Reason for Repression!) Fact is we need Answers, Fact is also that alternative Energy can't deliver that much Energy at the moment because no one is spending Money for Innovations

There has been a source of clean, free energy for decades but we, the people, are not allowed to use it. Tesla created it - it is powerful and completely safe and totally off limits. Why is that? There is as well water, wind and solar depending on the geography and climate, but that is also not being promoted.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
[sarcasm]From what Human says, the situation in the USA is obviously not nearly as bad as everyone reports. In the US they must all be making it up when they measure the radiation in their back yards or yes, perhaps it is from US nuclear reactors which are secretly leaking and putting out radiation into the atmosphere and oceans? We all know that the US government never tells of any bad accidents or disasters, so that must be it.

It could not possibly be from the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant which is so "under control" and not leaking any radiation at all. Well now, it is such a good thing that Japan has managed to get it all sorted out already.[/sarcasm]

Unfortunately, there are agencies both domestic and international which have reported measuring the radiation in fish, oceans and in the air, and there are folks who are measuring it with their own meters and posting about it on the web. What possible reason could they have to make up these bad figures? Wouldn't we all rather this Fukushima thing went away and there was no radiation in the environment? Is it all just a bad press attack on Japan?

Look at your own people. Look at how they are suffering and how, if you had any heart at all, you would try to make things better for them. As it is there are more and more people (your children too) with radiation symptoms and plants and young of every species are being born with more deformaties. In the long run, this will cost Japan more money to treat these people and care for them, so why not spend now on "prevention" rather than "cure".

"fear mongering"
Now... where have I heard that phrase "fear mongering" before? Wasn't it the Japanese government who were posting advertisements looking for people who would come on these forums and post to counteract the "fear mongering" and bad press which Japan was getting as a result of Fukushima? So, we hear it again now from those whose duty it is to protect Japan from Western Bad Influences. I hope that the people who judge these things approve of these posts and reward you all for your efforts.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Witch-Hunting again?

I am inside of this Accident much more than anyone else here,
for me this is the Nr. 1. Reason to be very critical with every
new Article, Thread, Report and What So Ever because it is
highly important for my own Life!

It is the so called "Alternative Media" who is responsible for
all the Dis-Information and not me, be as critical with all
the Fraggels but not with me, i am not important for you
or anyone else, i just provide my own Opinion!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

qmantoo
[sarcasm]From what Human says, the situation in the USA is obviously not nearly as bad as everyone reports. In the US they must all be making it up when they measure the radiation in their back yards or yes, perhaps it is from US nuclear reactors which are secretly leaking and putting out radiation into the atmosphere and oceans? We all know that the US government never tells of any bad accidents or disasters, so that must be it.

It could not possibly be from the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant which is so "under control" and not leaking any radiation at all. Well now, it is such a good thing that Japan has managed to get it all sorted out already.[/sarcasm]

Unfortunately, there are agencies both domestic and international which have reported measuring the radiation in fish, oceans and in the air, and there are folks who are measuring it with their own meters and posting about it on the web. What possible reason could they have to make up these bad figures? Wouldn't we all rather this Fukushima thing went away and there was no radiation in the environment? Is it all just a bad press attack on Japan?

Look at your own people. Look at how they are suffering and how, if you had any heart at all, you would try to make things better for them. As it is there are more and more people (your children too) with radiation symptoms and plants and young of every species are being born with more deformaties. In the long run, this will cost Japan more money to treat these people and care for them, so why not spend now on "prevention" rather than "cure".

"fear mongering"
Now... where have I heard that phrase "fear mongering" before? Wasn't it the Japanese government who were posting advertisements looking for people who would come on these forums and post to counteract the "fear mongering" and bad press which Japan was getting as a result of Fukushima? So, we hear it again now from those whose duty it is to protect Japan from Western Bad Influences. I hope that the people who judge these things approve of these posts and reward you all for your efforts.

I have never heard that before about the Japanese government posting advertisements.... you got a source for that?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

I bet with you that he had not

Hot Air!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Good Grief...

I wonder how some of these critters can still be alive...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Purplechive
Good Grief...

I wonder how some of these critters can still be alive...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Yes, very disturbing. I noticed it's only cesium they tested (or at least released)? Apparently there is a deadly lead in there too as well as the plutonium. Dr. Chris Busby showed analyzing particles from a Tokyo air filter and those showed up as well as cesium. He said people changing these air filters should wear protection because of what's in them and calculated based on the small sample tested how much is out there...

www.youtube.com... Part I (15 minutes)
www.youtube.com... Part 2 (6:29)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Purplechive, Thanks for the data !

To avoid causing more confusion, removed questions
edit on 23-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

Everyone help me please, Cesium 134 goes away after 2 years. (is this correct ?) No! Thanks Wishes I was following something I had read, without thinking about what I was writing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Everyone help me please, Cesium 134 goes away after 2 years. (is this correct ?)
All reactors in cold shut down below 100 c (reactions stopped) (no fission ?)
Where is the Cesium 134 coming from ?????
What makes you think that 2 cores burrowing their way towards the centre of the earth are in cold shutdown? I understood cold shutdown to mean that the cores were not producing enough energy to keep the nuclear reaction going. I think this is normally done by extracting the fuel from the core so that the nuclear reaction cannot be sustained. The Cesium 134 is obviously coming from the molten cores which are beneath the buildings somewhere. I think it has been admitted that they have left the buildings now (or melted at least). As far as I know, the fuel is spread about the countryside or bulldozed into the ground by TEPCO.

I have never heard that before about the Japanese government posting advertisements.... you got a source for that?
It is somewhere in the old thread, but I will try to find it. The others can probably remember this too.

yes found them here
near the bottom of this post
around here

On this page
just above this heading...Children of Minami-Soma: An Interview with Mayor Sakurai Katsunobu

When Tanaka requested the names of the media executives hosted by TEPCO in China, Katsumata retorted, “I cannot reveal their names since this is private information.” But it is precisely such collusive relations between mainstream media, the government and TEPCO, that results in the censorship of information concerning nuclear problems.

Now the Japanese government has moved to crack down on independent reportage and criticism of the government’s policies in the wake of the disaster by deciding what citizens may or may not talk about in public. A new project team has been created by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication, the National Police Agency, and METI to combat “rumors” deemed harmful to Japanese security in the wake of the Fukushima disaster.

The government charges that the damage caused by earthquakes and by the nuclear accident are being magnified by irresponsible rumors, and the government must take action for the sake of the public good. The project team has begun to send “letters of request” to such organizations as telephone companies, internet providers, cable television stations, and others, demanding that they “take adequate measures based on the guidelines in response to illegal information. ”The measures include erasing any information from internet sites that the authorities deem harmful to public order and morality.

These links too.
In Japanese
PDF file translated by Google

Human, since you can read Japanese, I hope you enjoy it. Now what were you betting?
edit on 23 Jan 2014 by qmantoo because: extra links to adverts

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by Purplechive

Purplechive, Thanks for the data !

Looking at the chart:
There is Cesium 134
Everyone help me please, Cesium 134 goes away after 2 years. (is this correct ?)

All reactors in cold shut down below 100 c (reactions stopped) (no fission ?)

Where is the Cesium 134 coming from ?????

Caesium-134 has a half-life of 2.0652 years. It is produced both directly (at a very small yield) as a fission product, but not via beta decay of other fission product nuclides of mass 134, since beta decay stops at stable Xe-134. It is also produced via neutron capture from nonradioactive Cs-133 (neutron capture cross section 29 barns) which is a common fission product. The combined yield of Cs-133 and Cs-134 is given as 6.7896%. The proportion between the two will change with continued neutron irradiation. Cs-134 also captures neutrons with a cross section of 140 barns, becoming long-lived radioactive Cs-135.

www.chemeurope.com...

I have no idea what this actually means - all I can understand is it by itself has a half-life of 2.06 years - half life doesn't mean go away, it means it's 'half' as active, then in another 2.06 years it will be 'half' as active again, etc. until it is 'halfed' into harmless.
edit on 23-1-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Attempting to find common ground that all posting here will agree to, that self evident undeniable truth.

halflife calculator

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join