It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

not if i read u correctly.

dilution is the solution????????? lol,,ya ok,, who thought of that one?

works great for Wall Street but not main street.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

the hard part is realizing,, they use radioactive material in medicine,, for Tracers,, in the human body,,hint,, they know its "tags" already,,
tag,, ie:,,spectral analasis, or,, X-ray,, take ur pick.

someone don't know what too look for with their Satelite equipment??? really??we can tell the Atomic Compasition of Mars,?? and, we can't ,,nevermind.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
wishes -

Maybe some of you long timers (pc, q, matador, silverlok, etc.) should exchange contact info - just in case?
For me, I can always be contacted through the thread reference site (going out of date now), see link on first page of part II but I dont think those who are less active such as myself, will be targeted as much as PC & AC who are consistently active on the thread.

Zworld was supposed to be in ill health, so there is a (somewhat) logical reason why he disappeared from ATS and this thread. AC whose last visit/login was Oct 12 2013 was a regular contributor and may have been warned off any posting or contact with any members. Of course, there could easily be a more down-to-earth reason such as illness or family problems, so unfortunately we just dont know.

I am not sure the ATS message system is working is it? I have no messages in my inbox and although I dont receive many, I have sent a few out to various people. Strange how the whole ATS message system died and historic messages all got lost wasn't it? Wishes, I will send you a message, please acknowlege it if you receive it so that I know the message system is working. Thanks.

As others have said, I dont think burying the Fukushima site is a viable solution due to the ground being so unstable. If anything happened again like the tsunami/equake/large storm then the sea or rain would get in and wash it away. Maybe inland a dome would be a possibility but even so, the ones built in the age of the nuclear testing on those atols are now starting to crack and who knows how they are leaking too?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
well its now the 19th ,, when's quiting time at the plant?

cause im assuming everything went well?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Pics and Video of Unit 4 Fuel Removal

photo.tepco.co.jp...

It sure looks different from the "mock up" practice test they posted the other day.

And they are packing 22 fuel rods assemblies into this container at a time!!!

Day 2 of nuclear fuel removal at Fukushima

Tuesday marked the 2nd day of nuclear fuel removal from a damaged reactor building at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The storage pool at the Number 4 reactor building holds 1,533 units of nuclear fuel. 1,331 of them are highly radioactive spent fuel and the rest are unused.

It took workers about 3-and-a-half hours to transfer 4 units of unused fuel into a special fuel transport container placed into the pool.

Tokyo Electric Power Company officials say the units are being hoisted slowly from their racks to avoid small bits of debris.

It says underwater cameras monitor the process when the fuel units are placed in the container.

TEPCO says because the process takes time it began the work on Tuesday at 9AM, one hour earlier than scheduled, and will extend the operation by 2 hours to about 9PM.

Officials say they hope to move 18 units on Tuesday. If a total of 22 units are transferred by the end of Tuesday's operation, the container will be raised out of the pool with a large crane on Wednesday.
Nov. 19, 2013 - Updated 06:48 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 19-11-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by donlashway

the hard part is realizing,, they use radioactive material in medicine,, for Tracers,, in the human body,,hint,, they know its "tags" already,,
tag,, ie:,,spectral analasis, or,, X-ray,, take ur pick.

someone don't know what too look for with their Satelite equipment??? really??we can tell the Atomic Compasition of Mars,?? and, we can't ,,nevermind.

Yeah, I don't buy they don't know where and how much each and every particle is via satellite (or other) technology. Trillions of dollars have been spent on lots of goodies we'll never know about.

Yes, they use radioactive material in medicine - not sure if there's any studies on the long term effects of this? Could be quite possible people who have gone through these procedures show up with cancer years down the road. As far as I know when people show up with cancer they're not asked 'why'. I worked in a vet hospital for a while and was amazed that animals were showing up with cancer - couldn't figure out why - but breathing/eating particles is one reason - they usually just wrap up the term as 'environmental causes'.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Purplechive
Pics and Video of Unit 4 Fuel Removal

photo.tepco.co.jp...

It sure looks different from the "mock up" practice test they posted the other day.

And they are packing 22 fuel rods assemblies into this container at a time!!!

Day 2 of nuclear fuel removal at Fukushima

Tuesday marked the 2nd day of nuclear fuel removal from a damaged reactor building at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The storage pool at the Number 4 reactor building holds 1,533 units of nuclear fuel. 1,331 of them are highly radioactive spent fuel and the rest are unused.

It took workers about 3-and-a-half hours to transfer 4 units of unused fuel into a special fuel transport container placed into the pool.

Tokyo Electric Power Company officials say the units are being hoisted slowly from their racks to avoid small bits of debris.

It says underwater cameras monitor the process when the fuel units are placed in the container.

TEPCO says because the process takes time it began the work on Tuesday at 9AM, one hour earlier than scheduled, and will extend the operation by 2 hours to about 9PM.

Officials say they hope to move 18 units on Tuesday. If a total of 22 units are transferred by the end of Tuesday's operation, the container will be raised out of the pool with a large crane on Wednesday.
Nov. 19, 2013 - Updated 06:48 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 19-11-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

I don't remember where - but I read somewhere Tepco saying they were going to 'work around the clock' on removing these with rotations - now it's only half a day, if they're using underwater cameras to guide them surely all they need are 'lights' to work at night... ?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So they're rolling out the old horse "dilution is the solution" mantra again are they?

This has long been proven to be completely and utterly false. The "scientists" who pushed this theory failed to consider bio-accumulation, which concentrates the radioactive waste within their cells.

Once in the food chain, there is no way to stop this effect.

There is a very good documentary on YouTube investigating the state of nuclear waste dumping in the North Atlantic.

At the time, "dilution is the solution" was the mantra, and 50 years later, they have found the exact opposite to be true.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-11-2013 by UnderGetty because: Link

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

Ah, i was looking for this Docu. since Months,
thank you for recover her!

We have really many Studies about this Waste and the Impact,
it was a very common Topic in the Eighties in W-Europe!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

No problem.

edit on Tue Nov 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

I normally do not watch her Channel and all the Clowns anymore
but sometimes we (i!) need to go one Step back to climb above the barriers!

It is really unbelievable what we had done in the past.

@ Wishes,
all this Info i was talking about, we know already a lot about this Radiation
and how it react in our Environment!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I watch that video and marvel at how easy it would be for a terrorist organisation to locate material for a dirty bomb.

Seriously? A truck drives along the beach on a daily basis sifting Plutonium out of the sand, and it's awarded "cleanest beach in Britain". Reminds me of the "First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence"

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.theepochtimes.com...

Some excerpts...

This is the first time I have personally seen this:

"Computer simulations show the melted fuel in Unit 1, whose core damage was the most extensive, has breached the bottom of the primary containment vessel and even partially eaten into its concrete foundation, coming within about 30 centimeters (one foot) of leaking into the ground."

"Only a small test reactor had been successfully scrapped in Japan, with five others now being decommissioned—two experimental and three commercial. The furthest along is Tokai Power Station’s No. 1 reactor, which is 15 years into a planned 22-year process.

Japan also has to worry about future natural disasters.

“There will be many more earthquakes and typhoons,” Goto said. “I hope these plans won’t fail, but we might just have to pray.”"

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

hey matador -

I came across this today about the fish offshore still showing high levels of cesium from October 2012

fis.com...

and this one from September 2011 that talks about the impact from the thousands+ terabecquerels still going in by Ken Buessler, an oceanographic scientist.

www.emfnews.org...

and only 37 more years to go...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think we need to keep a close eye on things at the moment and as soon as the main communications channels (such as the webcams) start to be disrupted we need to assume that the **** has hit the proverbial fan - whatever reason they give for the outage.

It is extremely dangerous to work so many hours each day as there cannot be too many people who are trained in the procedure of removing the spent fuel manually from the pool. Fatigue is bound to set in quickly from such long periods of concentration. I realise that Japanese people are very good at concentration, but none the less, we need to make sure that tiredness does not cause a mistake just because TEPCO want to rush this procedure.

Although there is massive blame to be placed on the executives of TEPCO, there is also massive thanks and respect due to the ordinary workers who are doing what they are told and trying their hardest to make things right for us all. They will be many unsung heroes of this disaster and the Japanese people should place a monument to them somewhere befitting their enormous sacrifice.

Maybe they can start this now so that it gets finished before they all have to leave...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Unit 1 Nitrogen Injection

For a long time they were only doing Nitrogen injection into Unit 1's RPV. Then they cut back on how much they injected into the RPV and temps sky rocketed. Now they have decreased the amount they inject into the RPV and have started injecting a considerable amount of Nitrogen into the PCV. Temps have remained stable.

They only inject nitrogen into Unit 2 and 3 RPVs.

Gurus....What does this mean?? Does this indicate that the corium in Unit 1 is in a much different location than in Unit 2 and 3?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Here's the "summary chart" archives:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

qmantoo

It is extremely dangerous to work so many hours each day as there cannot be too many people who are trained in the procedure of removing the spent fuel manually from the pool. Fatigue is bound to set in quickly from such long periods of concentration. I realise that Japanese people are very good at concentration, but none the less, we need to make sure that tiredness does not cause a mistake just because TEPCO want to rush this procedure.

I certainly agree with you Q on these long work hours!!! You might also think that they should check the all the equipment!! Re-lubricate, check oil and fluids....hydraulic fluids and lines when they fail it can be a big pain!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Once the cask is out of the pool, workers will remove radioactive substances from its surface, and transfer it to another storage pool about 100 meters away.

Has anyone seen pics of the new spent fuel pool that is around 100 meters away from Unit 4?? Would this be the Common Spent fuel pool? Did they build a new one?

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Extraction of Spent Fuel - Underwater Video

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

It is relative new, just a few Years old!

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join