It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

So the charts available through the IAEA link show mostly ND, below the limits of detection. Considering how sensitive the new instruments are, how can dangerous levels of radiation ever turn up thousands of miles away, California for example, if they can't detect anything in the sea right outside the reactor site?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Thanks for dating his last post. I went looking for it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For those who are wondering why he disappeared so suddenly? Read the 2nd to last post from him:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll let others connect up the dots…

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

The Emissions we have at the moment from Fukushima are really small
and get Edit: Changed to "Dispersed"!!! very quick.

The Releases we saw in the Month after 03/11 where Millions of Million Times greater
than what we see at the moment!

The Official Data can't be that wrong because we can't detect any Radiation
in the Sea here in Kanto, but this is logical because of the Kuroshio Sea Current
who is pumping up more than 50 Mio. of Cubic Meter of fresh Water in a Second
directly in front of Daiichi!

Edit: Your Avatar is a Lp Cover?
If so who used it?
edit on 14-11-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
FYI, for some folks who believe that radiation can be diluted. Radiation does not get "diluted" as some chemical pollutants do. If you mean "dispersed" then yes, radiation can be dispersed, but the isotopes are never made less radioactive and remain just as radioactive when they are dispersed as when they are concentrated together.

The mind-numbing aspect of this to consider is that, especially in the case of alpha and beta emitters, they remain radioactive for thousands of years and bioaccumulate. Most of these particles are small and light (having been aerosolized), meaning they remain suspended in the medium, water or air, and do not fall to the bottom of the ocean but remain animated and dispersed in the entire water column. In air they suspend and may attach to dust particles, snow flakes and rain drops to be carried to the ground, but a good portion of it can remain airborne for quite some time. Radiative isotopes in soil can be resuspended anytime through soil disruption, erosion and wind. Burning the substrate (wood, debris, clothing) does not destroy the radiation, which simply resuspends in the smoke to be redeposited when the particles are rained out.

So, anytime anyone refers to radiation and "dilution" in the same sentence, know that they don't know what they are talking about. As for burning radioactive waste and trucking contaminated soils hither and fro, the Japanese seem to have completely bought into the idea of spreading as much radiation around as possible, ie: "dispersing the problem" (probably so there can be no baseline established and therefore confuse the billions of dollars in lawsuits it knows it will eventually have to fight).

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

wishes
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Is a matter of forging through the tough times and keeping the real point/purpose in mind which is the nuclear emergency at Fukushima. Is just speed bumps...
Is unusual for someone to check out with at least a post saying so. Maybe some of you long timers (pc, q, matador, silverlok, etc.) should exchange contact info - just in case?

I hope the quality of contributions will continue here. This is the only source I use to keep up with this and it's up to the contributors to keep on keeping on. Especially at this (new) critical time when they're going to start playing with the rods.... of one facility... but what about the other 3?

I still don't understand why the facilities aren't buried and forgotten for a few hundred thousand years. Tepco talks about 40(!) years to clean it up, we'll all be glowing well before then. If it's buried isn't it at least 'stopped' on the surface? Anyone?

you cannot entomb such a mass of radioactive material since it will cause very fast decay of anything we have available. i believe Chernobyl is experiencing this as we speak.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I will change it to "Dispersed"!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

75% of seawater samples around Fukushima port still “under analysis” for Strontium-90

Tepco publishes the seawater analysis data on the daily basis. They take samples for Strontium-90 at 16 locations around the port. However, the data is still “under analysis” in 12 of 16 locations. This means, Strontium-90 analysis of the samples from those locations has never been completed since this June. Especially, Tepco takes seawater samples only at 5 locations near outside of the port. However Tepco doesn’t even analyze the samples from 3 of 5 locations for Strontium-90. Japanese Prime Minister Abe stated to IOC that the contaminated water is blocked within the port, but the reality is they block the data or don’t even take samples. www.tepco.co.jp... Related article.. [Column] No hope for the external pressure [URL] Iori Mochizuki fukushima-diary.com...

i think it's safe to say the place is still under analysis. if they cannot even take simple samples and report them, how does any government in the world think they can lift rods out of #4????

these japanese workers seem either incredibly dumb, probably, or tepco is lying once again, more than likely.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lbeghost

The last Thing i know about the Measurement of Strontium-90 is that it need
a very long Times, like a few Weeks.
(3-4 Weeks?)

So it is very difficult to provide such Data ad Hoc!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Human0815

The last Thing i know about the Measurement of Strontium-90 is that it need
a very long Times, like a few Weeks.
(3-4 Weeks?)

So it is very difficult to provide such Data ad Hoc!

so you consider 5 months ad hoc? i don't believe you're being honest. it states they haven't seen a reading since this past June, perhaps you should take the time to read the article.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

For me this Data (of a specific Isotope like Strontium-90) is not that important
but i understand the problems of "Delay" and the creation of a Priority Line!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Human0815

For me this Data (of a specific Isotope like Strontium-90) is not that important

so the releasing of radioactive isotopes and subsequent reporting of said isotopes into the environment is not important to you, i see. well i'm glad you told me now since this seems to be what this thread and everyone's concern is but yours. i will no longer consider your thread contributions as relevant then, thank you for your time and have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

lbeghost

Human0815

so the releasing of radioactive isotopes and subsequent reporting of said isotopes into the environment is not important to you, i see. well i'm glad you told me now since this seems to be what this thread and everyone's concern is but yours. i will no longer consider your thread contributions as relevant then, thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Please read it in the right Way, i didn/t wrote that i don't mind the release
of Radioactive Isotopes but i wrote "of this specific Isotope"!

*snip*
edit on Thu Nov 14 2013 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

i think it's safe to say the place is still under analysis. if they cannot even take simple samples and report them, how does any government in the world think they can lift rods out of #4????

these japanese workers seem either incredibly dumb, probably, or telco is lying once again, more than likely.

Disruption brushed aside just like the radiation, huh? I totally agree with you. Three years after the event and they are "still analyzing", lol.

Nobody can see thru that ploy. Definitely a bunch of dumb liars.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by Human0815

So the charts available through the IAEA link show mostly ND, below the limits of detection. Considering how sensitive the new instruments are, how can dangerous levels of radiation ever turn up thousands of miles away, California for example, if they can't detect anything in the sea right outside the reactor site?

oh hey Gary i'll link you to my article in a post above. i think it's because they are still under analysis.
if that isn't a joke like all of tepco and the japanese govt.

fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Forge through, people... let's just keep contributing and put on blinders when necessary...

I came across this guy who does a compilation video every few days of current Fukushima news from different media sources - he calls it Radiation Reality :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the topic:

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

Anyone who decides to go after other members, post off topic remarks, or otherwise not discuss the topic, plese be advised you will face the very real possibility of a Posting Ban.
Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't ruin this thread for others.
FINAL WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

(post by accountfu removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join