It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
OK, Three PSA's in as many pages is unacceptable.

Stop the sniping and veiled insults and stick to the topic.

Do not respond to this post or any actions taken, 'in thread'.

If you have a complaint use the complaint system,

include a pertinent description of said problem and

do not reply to said problem 'in thread'.

We can't make it much clearer than that.

Carry on -
edit on Fri Nov 8 2013 by Jbird because: (no reason given)
test
edit on Tue Dec 10 2013 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sorry if that is has already appeared here. Interesting thoughts on risk assessment therein.

The odds of an earthquake the size of the one that hit Japan were astronomically against. So was the resulting Tsunami, and the meltdown of more than one reactor at the same time. Plus the mega oil spill in the Gulf of BP.

All those occurring in the same year are beyond comprehension.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
From the BBC:

Link

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Saved the best for last. This story is also from the BBC. Its mostly about the fuel removal in Unit #4.

But at the bottom the reporter briefly uhh, elaborates about the condition of unit #3…

I have recently received a new sophisticated radiation monitor sent from London, which has now had its first outing in the field. You can point it at things and it tells you how many "counts per second" of radiation the object is giving off.

Inside reactor building four the readings were constantly low - not surprising when you remember that reactor four had no meltdown. The reactor was offline when the tsunami struck. That is not true with reactors one, two and three.

As our bus left reactor four and drove along the sea front, I pointed my new monitor out of the window towards reactor building three. Suddenly the needle started to spike - 1,000 counts per second, then 2,000, 3,000, finally it went off the scale.

There, outside the bus, just a few dozen meters away is the real dead zone, a place where it is still far too dangerous for anyone to go. No human has been inside reactor three since the disaster. To do so would be suicide. No-one knows when it will be possible to go in.

When I asked the same experts how long it would be until reactors one, two and three could be dismantled, they shook their heads. When I asked them where they thought the melted reactor cores were, they shook their heads again.

Tokyo Electric Power Company was happy to show us reactor four, but please do not ask what they intend to do with reactors one, two and three.

Off The Scale

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The odds of an earthquake the size of the one that hit Japan were astronomically against. So was the resulting Tsunami, and the meltdown of more than one reactor at the same time.

Sorry intrptr, I have to disagree.

The likelihood of a mega earthquake hitting Japan does not have odds, it was always going to happen and will happen again and again.

The risk assessment should have been, what are the odds of this occurring during the expected life of the installation.

As I understand it, Fuky was designed to withstand a 7.0 or a 7.5, I can't recall which. That is woefully inadequate for anything on the ring of fire.

The US is expecting a huge quake on the West Coast. It is a certainty that it will hit. There are no odds. The odds only come into play when you consider 'will the plant be there when it happens?'

These plants were all designed for a life cycle but they keep on extending the approvals and thus stuffing up the odds.

Let's face it. Keeping decades of waste material on site is just asking for trouble.

If I have misinterpreted your statement you have my apologies. If you would like to know the actual odds I am more than happy to try and get them for you. Some great work is being done over in www.abovetopsecret.com... Quake watch and I am sure they would have the answers.

Quite frankly the approval for Fuky to only withstand a moderate quake was and always will be foolish. The JApanese should have known better especially with there experience at extreme quakes.

P

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The likelihood of a mega earthquake hitting Japan does not have odds, it was always going to happen and will happen again and again.

That was the point, I think. Same in the video. Sorry If I was unclear.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by intrptr

The odds of an earthquake the size of the one that hit Japan were astronomically against. So was the resulting Tsunami, and the meltdown of more than one reactor at the same time.

As I understand it, Fuky was designed to withstand a 7.0 or a 7.5, I can't recall which. That is woefully inadequate for anything on the ring of fire.

The US is expecting a huge quake on the West Coast. It is a certainty that it will hit. There are no odds. The odds only come into play when you consider 'will the plant be there when it happens?'

These plants were all designed for a life cycle but they keep on extending the approvals and thus stuffing up the odds.

Let's face it. Keeping decades of waste material on site is just asking for trouble.

Quite frankly the approval for Fuky to only withstand a moderate quake was and always will be foolish. The JApanese should have known better especially with there experience at extreme quakes.

P

As I understand it it was engineers from GE that chose the location - that they got away with such a stupid choice in the first place is amazing. It was a tragedy of errors - no break wall big enough for water, no power for generators, poor choices for storing rods... there was nothing left that 'could' go wrong - they thought of it all.

What 'can' we do to help this? Write letters? To who? Maybe encourage leaders like David Suzuki and others who grasp the gravity of this to band together and demand assistance be allowed? Anyone have ideas???

I hope purplechive and aircooled will be back - your presence is missed... thank you everyone for continuing to contribute, is very important and much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

I hope purplechive and aircooled will be back - your presence is missed

I agree and hope they return soon.

I think we will have to wait. There is no answer to the technical problems of Fukushima, at least not at our current understanding of science. That is the big problem. All the attention is on reactor 4 while even the remote robots die in reactors 1, 2 and 3.

I believe it is now a dog and pony show for the masses.

What should be happening in an enlightened world is that other countries should be taking this as a wake up call, a call for action to sort out many other disasters just waiting to happen. The silence is deafening!

The number of these exact reactors sitting near the US West Coast is frightening. All of them loaded with spent fuel from past decades. It is truly a problem of biblical proportions.

But everyone, world wide, in Government and the agencies meant to protect against this very problem just sigh and go to their next cocktail party.

This is the stuff that conspiracy nuts were born to deal with.

P

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by Silverlok

The Cooling Water is not "that" Radioactive

prove it

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Silverlok

Human0815
reply to post by Silverlok

The Cooling Water is not "that" Radioactive

prove it

I done it, it is somewhere in the Original Thread

Silverlok
reply to post by Human0815

if you cannot find the time to read MASSIVE amounts of evidence that have proven to be true ( in the original thread ) ....you are not doing science.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Silverlok because: a llitle loss of why

By the Way i asked for your Proof at first because you came up with this
Claim and delivered no Substance at all

But it is a childish Game!

What kind of Data is needed and from where because they are all
different?

Edit: Radioactivity in the Fukushima Waster Water
Lol, Dozo o Kudasai

edit on 8-11-2013 by Human0815 because: Edit

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

"As I understand it it was engineers from GE that chose the location -",, the original location, was over-ridden.
Due too logistics.

(post by Lilroanie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

"There is no answer"
really,,the most advaced civilizations on Earth,,ever in the History of Mankind,, after Einstien's Generation, that is,,
and the best the so called Best of the Best can come up with is,,,,"There is no answer"?
I thought they said, "Go Nuclear,,its the Way too the Future!,,Energy too Free Mankind,,from the slavery of,,"limited Power",,, gentlemen,, the ATOM!. Mankinds answer too, everything!

We now return u too Atom Ant.

nope guess i was dreaming.
edit on 11/8/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I thought they said, "Go Nuclear,,its the Way too the Future!,,Energy too Free Mankind,,from the slavery of,,"limited Power",,, gentlemen,, the ATOM!. Mankinds answer too, everything!

The problem was the scientists at the time could not overcome the problem of Nuclear waste. The reasoning was that by the time the waste became an issue, science would have the answer. The Multinationals wanted the profits and got them in huge measure.

What did not happen, was that those profits, or some of them, were not put into the science to come up with the answers. Profits came before common sense. There were huge protests from people that understood that the problems needed to be overcome before the technology was used on a mass scale. Sadly, those protests fell on the ears while the wealth overcame the senses of out Politicians and we have the mess we have.

There is no answer to Fukushima at this point and science cannot pull the answer out of its collective butt. The money was made in epic amounts and continues to this day. Installations built for a twenty year life span have exceeded that by huge margins. Safety takes the back seat as usual with profits as the driving force.

The promises, the publicity campaigns all wooed the Public to largely accept atomic power. These plants should never have been built on the circle of fire, not ever. We are not talking of risk factors, we are talking about certainties. This type of accident was always going to happen. The only question was where would it happen, who would draw the short straw. Japan drew the short straw for now.

When Cascadia ruptures, and it will, the US will have Fukushima multiplied many times!

This is what happens when greedy little bastards in board rooms make decisions in opposition to the best scientific advice. I lived this period, I remember the 'alarmist scientists' and the 'hippy protesters.'

P

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

intrptr
Sorry if that is has already appeared here. Interesting thoughts on risk assessment therein.

The odds of an earthquake the size of the one that hit Japan were astronomically against. So was the resulting Tsunami, and the meltdown of more than one reactor at the same time. Plus the mega oil spill in the Gulf of BP.

All those occurring in the same year are beyond comprehension.

Love Suzuki!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I just came across an open letter to the secretary-general of the united nations on the fairewinds.com website written by about 18 scientists, physicians, radiation professors, etc. - but it's a pdf and I don't know how to link it (help?) - it's on the main page upper right side. The letter itself contains several links to some new articles and other data and among other things asks that the Japanese government assures the billions needed are available.

It's good they're joining together and writing letters, but I don't think it will do anything but fall on deaf ears - I think the UN is in on the who global scam in the first place - if they weren't they would already be putting pressure and insisting on helping to get this under control years ago.... They're all just twiddling their thumbs looking the other way. Maybe the letter will spark more voices to speak out!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Asahi - This Has Got to Be Written Backwards....

What??

But the government’s air dose rate has often been three to seven times higher than exposure levels checked by individual residents with dosimeters, according to a survey conducted by municipalities in Fukushima Prefecture.

The entire article:

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
@ PC.
As i said i attended a huge Meeting last Weekend in Nagano
and the Group who researched this official Measurements was not "that"
concerned, the Discrepancies was normal (Plus/ Minus 15%)

The majority of "us, the People" use GC. with Geiger-Mueller Tubes
and the environmental Surveillance Stations use Scintillation Counter,
(the dedicated Group used Scintillation Counter& Geiger Mueller)
when you look for the Thread i created last Tuesday/ Wednesday
you could get the Type for the Stations, try to compare the
Official Data with our here:
Safecast Data

edit on 9-11-2013 by Human0815 because: Removed a old New Article from May 22!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Fukushima Nosebleeds: The New Normal

Published on Nov 8, 2013
www.agreenroadproject.org... The 'new normal' is the response of any government and the nuclear industry to a nuclear accident. Their only response is NO response. They just raise the radiation limits to the new higher radiation contamination level and call it 'safe' and 'normal'. Japan raised their radiation limits from 1 to 100, but then due to huge pressure from activists, lowered it to 20. Voila, the new normal is now 20 milli Sieverts instead of just 1.

Who cares if children are getting tired, nauseous, getting sick a lot, having nosebleeds, ADHD, ADD, dropping dead from heart attacks or strokes caused by that radiation, etc? Who cares if the birth defects such as Downs Syndrome and stillbirth rate goes up to 90%? That is now the new 'normal'.

We must protect the nuclear energy machine and the military industrial complex that counts on the plutonium coming out of nuclear reactors at all costs, even if we have to sacrifice seventy future generations of our children to radiation poisoning.

You will not see this truth on the mass media 'programming' TV channels. Only corporate friendly news is allowed there. You must believe the propaganda on this mass media hypnosis machine.. You must believe!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Your Posting is wrong and i do not understand how he
(a green Road) can make such Mistakes!

Before 03/11 and now the Max. was 1milli-Sievert/ Year
and not 20milli-Sievert.

It was for a short Time increased to 20milli-Sievert/ Year
and not 100milli-Sievert as mentioned in your Posting!

Even PC's Posting mentioned it:
Asahi-Source

And here:
Japan’s New Limits For Radiation in Food:
20 Times Stricter Than American and EU Standards

Japan-Probe

edit on 9-11-2013 by Human0815 because: 2'nd Source

edit on 9-11-2013 by Human0815 because: format

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join