It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo and everyone, Arnie Gundersen recently clarified that TEPCO is a nuclear operating company, not a nuclear engineering company, thus they do not have nuclear engineering expertise.

PurpleChive, I heard somewhere today that TEPCO is scheduled to begin its Unit #4 spent fuel pool work (removal of fuel rods) starting on Friday November 8, 2013.

Everyone, the FB page moderator for The Bulletin Of The Atomic Scientists replied back to my request that The Bulletin continuously monitor and report on the Unit #4 spent fuel pool rod removal work ... that moderator will bring that request to the next editorial meeting at The Bulletin. Time will tell. If Japan's Diet passes the State Secrets bill, and all public radiation reporting stops, let's hope the price continues to drop on drones ... instead of a "clone army" perhaps there will be a "drone army" of airborne radiation monitors in international waters downwind from Japan.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Remember the live Deep Horizon oil leak cam in the Gulf of Mexico? I'd settle for one of those angles on the #4 fuel pool. Not going to happen.

Plausible deniability.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Uphill
reply to post by qmantoo

Qmantoo and everyone, Arnie Gundersen recently clarified that TEPCO is a nuclear operating company, not a nuclear engineering company, thus they do not have nuclear engineering expertise.

PurpleChive, I heard somewhere today that TEPCO is scheduled to begin its Unit #4 spent fuel pool work (removal of fuel rods) starting on Friday November 8, 2013.

Everyone, the FB page moderator for The Bulletin Of The Atomic Scientists replied back to my request that The Bulletin continuously monitor and report on the Unit #4 spent fuel pool rod removal work ... that moderator will bring that request to the next editorial meeting at The Bulletin. Time will tell. If Japan's Diet passes the State Secrets bill, and all public radiation reporting stops, let's hope the price continues to drop on drones ... instead of a "clone army" perhaps there will be a "drone army" of airborne radiation monitors in international waters downwind from Japan.

Looks like this removal is all going to be done in secret. The gag order in Japan coming right now suggests they know damn well this is going to end badly and those in charge want to control every single word. United Nations, US, China, Korea, anyone...anyone...anyone...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You can bet that come that November day when they start to mess around with the fuel rods, every spare American, Russian, Chinese satellite will be focussed on the Fukushima #4 area. I just wish we had access to these satellite images, although what good would it do us to know that what we had predicted, had happened?

In the last few days before this starts, now might be a good time to take some more base readings like a database snapshot because the world may radically change again shortly.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

As I understand it you can't just go to eBay and buy one that reads what you need it to read. Countries all over are changing their 'safe limits' in an upwardly mobile manner so that what was once unsafe becomes safe again.

You got to love how that works. Other repercussions will be monitored and blamed on hot air and swamp gas.

If there is nothing a Government can do for a given situation then they will hide the facts.

I agree that base readings are essential but who can do them? (well, apart from the Government / big business because they have already started to hide it in advance.)

P

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The way Unit 4's Skimmer Surge Tank level has been sloshing up and down the past few months, they certainly have been doing a lot of prep work - probably removing debris. When the temp in the Spent Fuel Pool really starts dropping we will know then that they are getting some of the HOT fuel assemblies removed.

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Rad Air Release -- MP-3

Interesting....scroll down a few graphs...haven't had rads detected at MP-3 in a long time.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Anyone know where is the latest map of all the "Measuring Points" locations?

- Purple Chive
edit on 30-10-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The Century-Long Challenge to Respond to Fukushima

..More than two years after an earthquake and tsunami wreaked havoc on a Japanese power plant, the Fukushima nuclear disaster is one of the most serious threats to public health in the Asia-Pacific, and the worst case of nuclear contamination the world has ever seen. Radiation continues to leak from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi site into groundwater, threatening to contaminate the entire Pacific Ocean. The cleanup will require an unprecedented global effort.

Initially, the leaked radioactive materials consisted of cesium-137 and 134, and to a lesser degree iodine-131. Of these, the real long-term threat comes from cesium-137, which is easily absorbed into bodily tissue—and its half-life of 30 years means it will be a threat for decades to come. Recent measurements indicate that escaping water also has increasing levels of strontium-90, a far more dangerous radioactive material than cesium. Strontium-90 mimics calcium and is readily absorbed into the bones of humans and animals.

The Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) recently announced that it lacks the expertise to effectively control the flow of radiation into groundwater and seawater and is seeking help from the Japanese government. TEPCO has proposed setting up a subterranean barrier around the plant by freezing the ground, thereby preventing radioactive water from eventually leaking into the ocean—an approach that has never before been attempted in a case of massive radiation leakage. TEPCO has also proposed erecting additional walls now that the existing wall has been overwhelmed by the approximately 400 tons per day of water flowing into the power plant.

But even if these proposals were to succeed, they would not constitute a long-term solution.

Source

Interesting Discussion Paper about Fukushima and how we/ Social Media could handle it!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Here's a Reuters news story from earlier today. Apparently Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will be timing the announcement of shifting responsibility for Fukushima Daiichi from TEPCO elsewhere just in time to avoid having TEPCO begin the Unit #4 fuel removal:

www.reuters.com...

In any case, that's a Good Thing. Hopefully a qualified nuclear engineering company (and not just another nuclear operator company) will be selected.
edit on 10/30/2013 by Uphill because: Added text.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
TEPCO Releases Video of Unit 4 Fuel Removal Process

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Tepco got the OK to start with the Rods at Nr. 4!

Also Tepco People done this many Times and i trust them much more
than any other "unknown Factors"!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by Uphill

Tepco has done this many times. Seriously?

Let's see, they are removing fuel rods from a damaged pool, with debris, manually, without any assistance, and then transferring them into dry casks that are sitting on the top of the open reactor. Oh, and if the rods are too badly corroded, they will bust apart. Yeah, they've done that TONS of times.

Oh yeah, I've seen them do this thousands of times before, with 100% success.

Excuse me, did anyone develop that sarcasm font yet?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by Uphill

yes because they poisoned the F'ing world already, why not let them finish us off. i suppose the japanese people really don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves, at least you'll be the first to go, i suppose that's solace for the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Maybe you should inform yourself first before you become so noisy?

Tepco owned the biggest Nuclear Power Stations in the World
and done similar Work with their Fuel Rods already Thousands of Times!
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Also they will do this not pure by Hand or on Eyesight only
but use the State of the Art Tools and Instruments!
(Check the Video)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Here's an Associated Press news story from 1 hour ago. Apparently US Energy Secretary Moniz is in meetings with Japanese leaders to bid for a US nuclear engineering company to take over decomissioning work at Fukushima Daiichi: finance.yahoo.com...

edit on 10/31/2013 by Uphill because: Added text.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Human0815

Rofl and i think you should spend a bit of your daily Time in
the so called "Real World" because it seams like that you are
in the urgent need of Reality!

This Topic is not owned by Enenews or Russia Today
but by concerned People who are in the urgent need
of real Information and not Mind Games, Gossip or plain Lies!

Mind games, Gossip, and plain lies. Yeah, truth gets called those names when trying to cover up one of the largest threats to humanity that has ever happened since the dawn of time.

I'm not going to let this one pass without responding. The entire issue is, Japanese mind set. Admitting when things are bad. Hell, if the buildings never exploded, no one would most likely even know about the cores melting down, everything would be completely hushed up. We would be completely oblivious to what was going on inside the buildings, and no one would have even been evacuated. People would still be living next to 3 cores that have melted. The ground water radiation would still be happening, but no one would even know.

Here is a really nice blog on what is needed to handle the Spent Fuel Pools.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

Now, as part of my relating to you, I think I'm going to just start calling you Tepco.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I filter and research nearly every single Topic mentioned on Conspiracy
Sites like this one and regarding the Topic of Fukushima and i am able
to say that ca. 85% of this Information is wrong, misinterpreted
or just plain Stupid!

And this is in my Opinion a lot,
we have to be responsible with the Information we transport
and when i see what some People are writing,
like your mentioned Blog, i really start to Vomit!

You are deadly wrong when you think that it is only Tepco,
Japan or me who lie,
the real Shills are sitting in the different Side!

PS: Did you know that Tepco owned 17 big nuclear Reactor
which need loaded and unloaded a few Times in Year?

Do you not think that they have a bit of Routine?
According to their Video they done this more than 1.200 Times already
and i trust this People much more than anyone else!
(Regarding NPS and Fuel)
edit on 31-10-2013 by Human0815 because: for the PS

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join