It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Me too.
Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sarcophagus??? Pansie asses. Come On.
Build a Dyson Sphere around the damn thing.

Said in a lady's voice.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Turkey has locked down a US airbase that stores nuclear warheads, and cut off power to the base.

www.rt.com...

Movement in and out of the Incirlik airbase in southern Turkey has been closed by local military authorities, according to the US consulate. The NATO base stores US tactical nuclear weapons.

"Local authorities are denying movements on to and off of Incirlik Air Base. The power there has also been cut," the US consulate in Adana said in a message.

"Please avoid the air base until normal operations have been restored," it added. No further details were provided.

According to CNN, airspace over the area has also been closed and power to the facility has been cut.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It looks like TEPCO has taken down their page that showed all the parameters at the plant ie temps, hydrogen buildup etc with the following;

The requested URL /en/nu/fukushima-np/f1/pla/2016/images/table_summary-e.pdf was not found on this server.

ON EDIT: They are doing their best to make the world think Fuku is over by burying information, just like the loss of data from thread one. Thats where we come in. Keep the story alive and all eyes focused.
edit on 16-7-2016 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What waybackmachine does is a snapshot of a webpage archived on their servers. It doesn't happen by itself, internet folks has to go on archive.org... and do it via the save page function. One page can have multiple archives that you can access by selecting one of the dates. Those missing pages has never been saved or has been requested to be deleted. The original site owner can do that as I understand. I found a forum with plenty of requests (no ATS related on the first page but I did not look further) and I wanted to post it here so someone have a deeper look into but I can't find it anymore. It must be there tho...
I still can't believe that the ATS admin team has no one damned copy of a backup from between 2013 september 7 - 2015 october or november, when those pages were still existing (according to waybackmachine). The date when the thread was surely gone is 2016 may 14th. When first time I tried to save what available on the wayback machine I went to find the last available date of an archive. I'm not going to check again for earlier date, but I'm sure by 14/05/2016 the thread was gone because the archive snapshot of the 1401th page from that day is the first page like you can see it today on the original ats thread.

I think it was made unavailable intentionally... otherwise it was recovered already from the last backup of 2015.

zworld, maybe this helps:
www.tepco.co.jp...
edit on 2016/7/18 by awatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
James Fisher Nuclear, a UK subsidiary of James Fisher and Son has been awarded the contract to design and develop the technology to sample the radioactive debris below the reactor cores. the contract was awarded by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

the contract is a six figure sum so I guess that's three Cayman conferences and a 50 metre sewer rod!

lol I jest but wish them well.
f

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: awatara

Thanks awatara. Never heard of the waybackmachine. Very interesting. Thanks for going through all of that.

I find it hard too to believe that some back up disk somewhere doesn't contain the original thread.

Maybe someday we'll have it all.

ON EDIT: yeah, the TEPCO site is back up again. Don't know why I keep checking all these years. Maybe just to make sure its still there. It certainly doesnt offer much.
edit on 19-7-2016 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yep, missing corium as expected, here is the muon scan of R1:

Missing part 1 of the top thread in the websites history with nary a word from the local ptb?

That's a scenario we discussed but always discounted as being even remotely possible. We placed a great deal of trust in the ability and intent of our host. Was that misplaced?

Having spent a substantial bit of my energy into that thread, in addition to everyone who participated in it, it feels as though a bit of myself is missing.

Hopefully q will return and still have the compilation of links from part 1, though we know that there will be a lot of 404s.

But that does not take in to account the user comments, professional analysis and amateur observations all went in to the making of a gestalt of what happened as a result of lax regulatory oversight and human ignorance blended well with ample doses of corruption, greed, and revolving doors. Names, places, and times of specific events provided a record of the greatest industrial accident in history.

I hope to whatever celestial powers that may or may not be that it has not simply vanished into the digital abyss.

Though, as others have mentioned, the silence is deafening.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

J and C, I'm REALLY sorry, but as soon as I saw that, I thought it was an x-ray of a guys junk and I literally broke into tears laughing.

Now serious. I too put a ton of my life's work into that thread. I sincerely hoped that the information that we were accumulating would be part of history.

Instead, it vanished like vapor in the wind.

I'm also sorry that there is no excuse that will suffice, other than "we found a backup and it's all back up and completely locked down".

That is years of my life that can never come back. Unforgivable.

An Edit. I now only come to this site to read this particular thread. I no longer linger to read anything else.

On purpose.

M

edit on 20-7-2016 by matadoor because: Because I wasn't finished slamming ATS

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What J&C and M said. A bit of me too is missing.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting article from Japan Times. Radiation levels still way too high for human habitation throughout countryside, not just near the plant.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

OSAKA – Greenpeace Japan on Thursday said it has discovered radioactive contamination in Fukushima’s riverbanks, estuaries and coastal waters at a scale hundreds of times higher than pre-2011 levels.

One sample of sediment taken along the Niida River, less than 30 km northwest of the crippled Fukushima No. 1 power plant, revealed the presence of cesium-134 and cesium-137 at levels of 29,800 becquerels per kilogram.

That was just one of 19 samples of dried sediment and soil the environmental activist group took and analyzed from the banks of the Abukuma, Niida, and Ota rivers. The samples were collected by Greenpeace in February and March.

All of the samples but one exhibited more than 1,000 Bq/kg of radioactive material. The lowest level, 309 Bq/kg, was logged at a spot along the Abukuma River.

Cesium-134 has a half-life of about two years, but cesium-137 has a half-life of 30 years and is considered particularly hazardous. The standard limits set for radioactive cesium in Japan are 100 Bq/kg for general foods and 10 Bq/kg for drinking water.

“The radiological impacts of the Fukushima nuclear disaster on the marine environment, with consequences for both human and nonhuman health, are not only the first years. They are both ongoing and future threats, principally the continued releases from the Fukushima No. 1 plant itself and translocation of land-based contamination throughout Fukushima Prefecture, including upland forests, rivers, lakes and coastal estuaries,” the report said.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think this was their plan all along. Wait until the cesium levels go down which is total BS. By not checking for other radionuclides, and depending on two nuclides, one of which decays half life in 2 years, they are setting the stage for dumping the massive piles of waste in regular use landfills. And as of March that amount was thought to be 172,899 tons in Chiba, Tokyo and 10 other prefectures in eastern Japan.

www.japantimes.co.jp... sposal/#.V5I3CLjR_Dd

CHIBA – The government on Friday informed the city of Chiba that the radioactive designation for 7.7 tons of Fukushima-tainted waste stored in the city will be lifted on Saturday, allowing it to be treated as general garbage.

State Minister of the Environment Shinji Inoue conveyed the decision to Chiba Mayor Toshihito Kumagai during a meeting at City Hall in Chiba Prefecture’s capital.

The decision came after it was found that the radioactive activity of cesium in the waste had fallen below the state-set limit of 8,000 becquerels per kilogram.

It will be the first time for such a designation to be lifted for such waste.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Scientists Killed, Fukushima Update, Rense, Orlando Shooter, Security Clearance Nuke Plant - YouTube

Published on Jun 16, 2016

Happy #WorldOceansDay - except for this ocean (aHEM) #plankton expert... "Police said the body of 48-year-old Tiffany Moisan of Princess Anne was found Sunday in a wooded area behind a Food Lion store. Moisan’s family reported her missing Saturday to Maryland State Police. Princess Anne Police Chief Tim Bozman says Moisan’s vehicle was found in the store’s parking lot. Her body was sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore. Police say there were no apparent signs of foul play, but the investigation will stay open until autopsy results are in.

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

Keith Koehler, a spokesman for the NASA facility in Wallops Island, Virginia, says "Moisan was a scientist studying oceans and phytoplankton."

RadChick Radiation Research & Mitigation www.facebook.com...

Some more interesting aspects of her BIO:

Research Interests: "My overall research interests are in understanding the distribution, ecology, and physiology of marine phytoplankton and their role in the carbon cycle. Specifically, I have focused on characterizing the relationship between photosynthesis and the optics, ecology, lifecycles, pigmentation, and taxonomic composition of the polar, and temperate phytoplankton community.

I have approached this goal by conducting laboratory-, field- or remote sensing-based programs. Specifically, I have sought to understand the relationship between the inherent and apparent optical properties to phytoplankton standing stocks and productivity. Using the previous approaches, I have sought to understand the underlying physiological mechanisms and taxonomic composition (biodiversity) of phytoplankton."

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Fukushima Update Contagious Cancer Cells in Ocean Infecting Several Species Suspect? - YouTube

Strontium Milks
Published on Jul 16, 2016

All along the western Canadian coast, mussels are dying.

Their blobby bodies are swollen by tumors. The blood-like fluid that fills their interiors is clogged with malignant cells.

They're all sick with the same thing: cancer. And it seems to be spreading.

For all its harrowing, terrifying damage, the saving grace of cancer has always been that it dies with its host. Its destructive power comes from turning victims' own cells against them and making them run amok.

But when molecular biologist Stephen Goff biopsied these mussels, he found something strange. The tumor cells didn't have the same DNA as their host. Instead, every mussel was being killed by the same line of cancerous cells, which were jumping from one individual to the next like a virus.

The mussels, as well as two other species of bivalve examined by Goff and his colleagues, are dying from contagious cancer.

Scientists just doubled the number of known contagious cancers - The Washington Post

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

Guys, Gals a few words of advice.

When someone makes info disappear you have two choices.

Cry over spilled milf or ......

Realize that you now understand what the opposition view as critical information. Now work out why.

In an area such as the one we discuss here, WE ALL should have been much more careful!

Blame whom you want, I will take some of that because I did not protect the thread either.

Easy to lay the blame .... and yet .... I will take some of it as we all must.

Info can vanish because no one had a choice.

I too am saddened, not by the loss as much as the no reply from mods. It is disheartening.

Learn from this, protect the entire thread.

Edit: One last time perhaps.

Link

P

edit on 26/7/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don’t want to intrude in you guys business but I think you aught to be paid.

Anyway, I want to say, I’m an old timer and have been on forums where you’d be lucky to leave on occasion with your sanity or possibly ready to kill some people or get killed.

I’ve been on sublime forums like the old Zaadz an experience you’d never forget a true communal spiritual experience that will never come back.

ATS is alright, an above average community without a doubt. The stars are obviously a dynamic attempt to foster thought and encouragement and posting…good enough.

It just might happen that one fine day or night when we least expect it something…something beautiful might happen here

Just maybe…

(post by thorfourwinds removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"Most" of the melted fuel remains in the #2 reactor.

www.asahi.com...

Well, the page doesn't seem to want to let me copy and paste aany of the article.

Look at the Muon scan pic though, and tell me if you see the same thing I do, and I'm not going to color anyone's opinion before you have a chance to check it out.

M

new topics

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join