It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Good to see you again DWW. If what you say is true, (I lost the link some time ago and was going to get it again) that is a crime. That thread had more data and insight into Fuku than the rest of the web combined. If ATS buried it they need to bring it back.

If true it also raises the specter of ATS being run now by people with the wrong agenda, and it would be wise for us to find another site to use as a forum so that it cant be manipulated.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Hello again! The link to Part 1 has always been in my signature. Look where it now goes! We need this data, especially now. Where is it ATS? Please tell me it is archived and available...somewhere?#!?##? And if so, why was a link removed to the archive from both threads?

Standing by....precariously holding in an epic rant, giving ATS the benefit of the doubt here....

Barely.

ETA: board question asked. Will report back.
ATS thread
edit on 22-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds
A nuclear radioactive waste store under ground, thousands of barrels, are also put into specially-built, buildings on land. (Picture from: abundantpureenergy.webs.com...)

“It’s part of the price of nuclear energy,” Allison Macfarlane, a former chief of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, said in an interview in Tokyo on atomic waste. “Now, especially with the decommissioning of sites, there will be more pressure to do something with this material. Because you have to.”

Its part of the price?

You've got to be kidding me! This should have been one of the first considerations BEFORE turning any reactor on.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey

A nuclear radioactive waste store under ground, thousands of barrels, are also put into specially-built, buildings on land. (Picture from: abundantpureenergy.webs.com...)

“It’s part of the price of nuclear energy,” Allison Macfarlane, a former chief of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, said in an interview in Tokyo on atomic waste. “Now, especially with the decommissioning of sites, there will be more pressure to do something with this material. Because you have to.”

Its part of the price?

You've got to be kidding me! This should have been one of the first considerations BEFORE turning any reactor on.

That was my point several pages ago. Any decent engineer has to think the entire process out. You are going to have to store this crap someplace for 100's of THOUSANDS of years. So, wherever that is, better not be somewhere that will have any earthquakes, or is built to stand up to earth's conditions until it finally becomes inert.

The pyramids have been around for 5000 years, and now, that many years later, we are exploring them.

What were they planning to build to house this crap for a couple hundred thousand years?

Personally, I think they need to build a huge railgun and launch this crap into deep space, the hell away from our planet (after hundreds of test launches)..

That's what I'd suggest to someone if I was ever asked.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Im totally blown out DWW. This is what Q warned us about. And the fact that anyone who goes to the old site is instantly logged out is questionable too.

The supermod who responded to your thread said they were going to work it out. How long does it take to find something that was always there but isnt now.

Thank god Q dowenloaded alot of the data. Q, are you out there?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Day 2 of the search and rescue of the Part 1 longest thread in ATS history...still no report other than to hang on.

*shuffles back to corner, twitching slightly.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yo Skeptic.
Please tell us that the PART 1 of the most important thread on ATS is not "accidentally" lost.
That would not only be a great loss to humanity, but somewhat incomprehensible.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Love Light

Liberty & Equality or Revolution
Hec'el oinipikte (that we shall live)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey

Its part of the price?

That really does show how stupid the people in charge of regulating nukes are. The part that gets me is that they need more pressure to like, you know, do something about the most dangerous substance on earth because, like, you know, they're really busy, and, well, they'll have to get back to us on that one.

What a bunch of fuking idiots. Macfarlane especially. This is how I view that statement. Theres a wildfire burning out of control and heading for a town full of trees and people and wooden buildings, but nobody is doing anything yet because the fire is still a couple of miles away. But because embers are beginning to fall on the town they're definately thinking more and more that maybe they should start thinking about doing something. Not actually doing something, just thinking about it.

Tennis anyone?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is a pivotal moment in the nuclear debacle.

World in Danger~ The Fukushima-California Connection w/ Arnie Gundersen - YouTube

MsMilkytheclown1
Published on Jun 10, 2016
World in Danger - Arnie Gundersen youtu.be... The Fukushima California Connection

As nuclear enthusiasts clamor to extend the operation of California's last, aging nuclear power plant, Diablo Canyon, located on 13 intersecting earthquake faults in a tsunami zone, prominent whistleblower Arnie Gundersen points out 'the California-Fukushima connection.' Every operating reactor, where ever it is, poses a danger to the entire planet. Diablo is a 'worst case' waiting to happen.

also see: World in Danger: the Fukushima-California Connection youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
When Skeptic Overlord came into the Part 1 thread and said they were closing it and we could start a new one, a chill went down my spine, because I also manage databases on the side and I was seriously worried that inactive threads may be treated differently during backups than active ones.

Seems that fear wasn't too far off. They would have to go back many backups ago to find the database associated with the original thread, and that may take some time, IF they still have that backup.

M.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Day 3 of the "Where is the Part 1 thread" watch.

Reporting in...

So much in there. Many of the links are dead now so having the external text that was so often posted in the thread with the links is so critical. And especially the discussions between so many individuals.

Holding out hope in ATS that it is restored.
edit on 24-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

M, why would an inactive thread be treated differently, and in what way. It seems to me they either back it up with everything else or they delete it. What other option is there?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They had to shut down one of the reactors at Indian Point again, and in the news release there is this gem of a bit of Orwellianism. From the release;

“The levels of back-up safety precautions now installed at Indian Point are unprecedented and, while unlikely ever to be needed, they make the facility safer than ever,” Larry Coyle, site vice president at Entergy’s Indian Point, said in a statement last week.

“In the last 11 years, Indian Point has had nine incidents, including transformer fires and leaks in spent fuel pools. At one point, its reactor shut down because a bird was defecating on power lines.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you make something that is safe.......safer. Either its safe or not. If one were to decipher Coyle's doublespeak it would come out as..........

The levels of back-up safety precautions now installed at Indian Point are always increasing and, though we pray a Fukushima type event never happens here, we are always trying to create a safer environment as long as it doesnt cost too much. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thats what he meant to say. Anything else is bullsh#t.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm speculating that this forum (like others) takes any inactive thread and sets the database that the thread is stored in and sets a flag telling the forum software that this thread and the areas of the database that are associated with it, making it easier for the forum software to manage.

Realize that when any database is "open", meaning that the software is actively managing it, takes CPU cycles and also requires memory that stores the data so that it's easier to then get to, and for the end user, it's then faster.

Like with Facebook, any picture that you put up gets moved to another facility that is 500 milliseconds away from the core after a picture has been up for more than 5 years. I know, I've seen the complex here on the East Coast.

So, the old thread database may have been purged simply because no one was accessing it and it was already flagged as being closed.

Now, they have to see if they can find a backup that still has that thread stored in it, and since it's been closed for a while, that might not even be possible.

Trust me, I certainly don't like it any more than you Z, but just worried that it's gone.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Update from the "Where is Part 1" thread

SO is looking into this now.

It simply cannot be gone. There are many closed threads on ATS that are still available for research.

I think that thread is critical to where we are now. We have Tepco admitting to a cover-up and that thread has the evidence of who else was involved in the early days of covering this up. It is time that those agencies, corporations and individuals be made to help with the financial abyss ahead in bringing Fukushima under control. All the new safety standards after Fukushima have been thrown out again, while three nuclear suns burn in Japan and kill our oceans and life on this planet. GE and Mr. Immelt, we are coming for you, and the EPA and the NRC and...

Time for them to pay up, start helping solve this and, those who need be, face charges. The evidence is in that thread.

edit on 26-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
And another thing,

There is something else, something way more important in that thread than blame and who needs to biggie up on helping pay for remediation for the next 26,000 years add infinity...

That thread contains solutions, and steps towards solutions, from gifted contributors here and elsewhere that aren't being taken, BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL TRYING TO COVER THIS UP!

Solutions, and all manner of discussions on ways to begin healing this planet, need to be open worldwide.

We can do better.

The reality is,

Alarm bells at the Fukushima Nuclear plant were only silenced.

Still, they ring.

I wish us peace, after we respond to the alarms.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That was my immediate thought to DWW. If there is ever a suit brought, or charges brought, against TEPCO and others, much needed data is on that thread.

Thank you for making us aware.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Question: Wouldn't these threads from yesteryear reside in the same 'space' - due to the posting date - as PART 1?

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?
posted on 13 March 2011

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?
posted on 22 April 2011
edit on 27/6/2016 by thorfourwinds because: ttyyppooss

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just a head's up.

Today's Earthquakes in Japan

Japan has had: (M1.5 or greater)
1 earthquake today
5 earthquakes in the past 7 days
40 earthquakes in the past month
755 earthquakes in the past year

The largest earthquake in Japan:
today: 5.5 in Iwaki, Fukushima, Japan
this week: 5.9 in Yonakuni, Okinawa, Japan
this month: 6.4 in Keelung, Taiwan, Taiwan
this year: 7.0 in Kumamoto, Kumamoto, Japan

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Here you go...

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread672665/pg1

This gives you the first page of the thread...

web.archive.org...*/www.abovetopsecret.com...

This will allow you to choose dates...hope it helps...

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join