It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
For some reason I always thought PC was female, and if not, I stand corrected. either way I hope they are still okay and still on the planet.

And then, we have the American Fuk........

www.newsweek.com...

"The Hanford Nuclear Reservation sits on the plains of eastern Washington, where the state meets Oregon and Idaho. This is open country through which cars pass quickly on the way to the Pacific coast or, conversely, deeper into the heartland. The site is nearly 600 square miles in area and has been largely closed to the public for the past 70 years. Late last year, though, it became part of the Manhattan Project National Historical Park, which will allow visitors to tour B Reactor, where plutonium for one of the two atomic weapons dropped on Japan in World War II was produced.

This was a hopeful turn for a place that, for four decades, stocked the American nuclear arsenal. A total of nine reactors operated at Hanford, and though they are now decommissioned, the reactors have left behind 56 million gallons of radioactive waste. That a place so tainted with radioactive material could become parkland was a positive sign."

More at the link..

M

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Diablo Canyon’s Unit 2 reactor shut down for refueling, maintenance | The Tribune

and this from our friend kevin:

FUKUSHIMA NEWS; MAY 2 2016 PACIFIC SALMON Fishing UNPRECEDENTED CLOSURE, the GREAT PACIFIC GENOCIDE, - YouTube

kevin blanch
Published on May 2, 2016
801-452-1908 kevin d. blanch
wdfw.wa.gov...
Unprecedented Fishing Closure Hits Western Washington;; OBAMA & YOU KILLED THE PACIFIC OCEAN;;;

"Most fishing in the Puget Sound area ground to a halt Sunday as the state’s federal fisheries permit expired midnight on April 30, a result of the ongoing impasse between the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commissions (NWIFC) on salmon fishing in western Washington.

WDFW officials have pledged to seek a new fisheries permit independent of tribes, however, are unable to predict when or if such a permit might be issued. In the meantime, the impact of the unprecedented closure has been felt not just among salmon anglers; all fishing is now off-limits in areas where salmon are likely to congregate.

This includes Lake Washington, as well as a number of other western Washington inland waters. Bass fishermen took to the WDFW Facebook page over the weekend to express their frustration at being caught in the tête-à-tête."
salmonuniversity.com...

"Wy-Kan-Ush-Pum: We are All Salmon People

We can’t completely restore salmon alone, but the power of wy-kan-ush is reason for hope. The world over, salmon affect the cultures of the people in which they come in contact. The wildly different traditional cultures of Japanese Ainu, Pacific Northwest Coastal tribes, the Norwegian coastal areas, and the Russian Far East each have salmon returning to their lands and each share a reverence and gratitude for the bounty that salmon provide.

The modern Pacific Northwest is no different. Salmon have shaped the culture of the newcomers to this region just as they shaped tribal cultures before them. Salmon are the icon of this place. They are valued as food, as a resource, and as a representation of the wildness and wilderness for which the Pacific Northwest is known. They shape our land use policies and power grid. Whether they realize it or not, every single person in the Northwest is a Wy-Kan-Ush-Pum. We are all Salmon People. Let us all work together to protect and restore salmon—this fish that unites us."
www.critfc.org...

"Anglers expressed outrage at the potential loss of a season of salmon fishing, laying the blame for the breakdown in negotiations at the feet of tribal co-managers.

“We especially want to express our appreciation for the effort of WDFW Director Jim Unsworth as he attempted to make the North of Falcon co-management process a success,” said Pat Pattillo, former WDFW policy fish management biologist. “Unfortunately, the tribes refused to consider WDFW’s very reasonable plan that called for the tribes to craft similarly conservative seasons for their own fisheries.”

www.trimarinegroup.com...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

She's a she.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

I thought so, thanks.

M

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Fukushima Turning Humans Into Radioactive Waste: Safe Levels Raised 8000 Becquerel Per KG - YouTube

MsMilkytheclown1
Published on May 11, 2016

Decontamination is a myth!

It is a process by which they promote the concept of ‘safe nuclear power’, but in reality it is creating more nuclear waste and more contaminated area; because all they do is scrape up everything (including dead bodies; check those bags stacked up all about Japan for the missing homeless as they became ‘rad waste’ the second they signed on for the “clean-up”.) and store it somewhere else; contaminating that place they put it ‘forever’.

Level 7 - “Major release of radioactive material with widespread health and environmental effects requiring implementation of planned and extended countermeasures.”

After five long years, Fukushima, a triple meltdown, with 100% of all three cores escaping containment, remains unresolved, un-contained, and un-mentioned in most national media reports.

It was originally listed a Level 7 nuclear event by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on their International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES) but was re-designated down to “three Level 5’s and one Level 3”; right after Tokyo announced it would host the Olympic Games.

Understand the Chernobyl was a Level 7, it was not re-designated even when it was contained within 6 months, it remains a Level 7. Level 7 is as high as the IAEA INES scale extends, for severity, in a nuclear incident.

International Nuclear Event Scale
en.wikipedia.org...

2020 is that date of the Tokyo Olympics - so tell me; what athlete, what spectator, and what type of nation would force either to attend an event only 149.50 miles (By air; because fallout travels in the wind) away from an ongoing, un-contained, Level 7 x 3 nuclear incident?

You have to wear protective clothing and gear to be that close to Chernobyl you know?

It’s been 5 long years, the reactors remain “Tango Uniform”, the cores are nowhere to be found, and each day 300 to 700 metric tons of contaminated water flows into the Great Pacific Nuclear Waste Dump (Formerly known as the Pacific Ocean pre-Fukushima).

At what point do my ‘critics’ become concerned by this calamity? Perhaps when General Electric stops paying you to troll me?

Based on the 2014 failure of the “Ice Wall” and it’s recent rehashed, media, propaganda play about the latest attempt to ‘make it work’; I don’t think 4 more years will make things any safer in Tokyo for anyone; let alone Fukushima Prefecture.

If Japan does not cancel hosting the Olympic Games, they confirm themselves monsters.

This is not hyperbole world; Fukushima is a ‘planet killer’ and if I know this so does the IAEA and every government representative of every industrialized nation. They just don’t want to crash the global economy; at least not until they have squeezed every last dime they can from a dying beast.

“Climate Change/Global Warming” was ‘nuclear-phage’ promoted propaganda to promote the “Nuclear Renascence”.

We are collateral damage, in a nuclear war, devoid of mushroom clouds; you have been ‘dirty bombed’ by General Electric’s, piss poor, Mark I, reactor design; we are all just “self-propelled, biological, nuclear waste, absorption units” now.

Much like the mushroom; the human body absorbs transuranic isotopes readily and like mushrooms most of us are kept in the dark and fed on ‘sh1t’ the media peddles.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Former Japan Prime Minister, is backing US Sailors and their efforts to sue.....

www.japantimes.co.jp...

"CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA – Former Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi has thrown his support behind a group of former U.S. sailors suing the operator of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. The sailors claim health problems they now suffer were caused by exposure to radiation after a triple meltdown at the plant following an earthquake and tsunami in March 2011.

Speaking at a news conference Tuesday in Carlsbad, California, with some of the plaintiffs, Koizumi said, “Those who gave their all to assist Japan are now suffering from serious illness. I can’t overlook them.”

The lawsuit was lodged in 2012 against plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co., which was last month renamed Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc."

More, at the link...

M......

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hunziker latest, and its exdellent, complete with a video showing Greenpeace testing so called decontaminated areas and finding levels way higher than the govt states. Good read and viewing.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
600 tons of radioactive fuel remains missing....

www.rt.com...

'The Fukushima clean-up team remains in the dark about the exact locations of 600 tons of melted radioactive fuel from three devastated nuclear reactors, the chief of decommissioning told the ABC’s Foreign Correspondent program in an exclusive interview.
The company hopes to locate and start removing the missing fuel from 2021, the Tokyo Electric Power Company's (TEPCO) chief of decommissioning at Fukushima, Naohiro Masuda, revealed.

The fuel extraction technology is yet to be elaborated upon, he added."

More at the link, but the "fuel extraction technology" isn't elaborated upon bbecause no one has a clue as to how this will be accomplished...

M

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That's a good one.
How does one remove "missing fuel?"
It would seem that one first has to find the fuel to "remove the missing fuel."
But thats TEPCO.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

With great respect,

tfw
Peace Love Light

Liberty & Equality or Revolution
Hec'el oinipikte (that we shall live)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
for me, this is the most important thread going on here.
i know there are many nay sayers and people that show a passing interest.
for those people i would like to steer you to Yoichi Shimatsu and Dana Durnford, these
two guys are on top of the situation. every monday night they get together on the
Jeff Rense radio show for an hour of truth. it can be shocking and depressing but i feel it is the truth.
take a listen some time..it may enlighten you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Arnie Gundersen on the Rick Chicagos radio program, this is worth the time to listen to.

www.youtube.com...

M

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Speaking of Rense and Yoichi Shimatsu:

Beached pelagic red crabs at Crystal Cove, Orange County, May 2016

Fukushima nuclear waste annihilates Pacific ecosystem

Strolling over the cliffs in Southern California, I looked down at a white-sand beach pimpled with a crimson rash along the high-tide line. Close up, the red dots turned out to be hundreds of thousands of thumb-sized crustaceans of the species Pleuroncodes planipes that resemble tiny lobsters.

Most of those pelagic red crabs or langostilla, also known as tuna crabs, were sprawled dead on the sand, tangled in strands of kelp or alive but listless inside the rocky tide pools. The crustaceans appeared to be in fresh, without signs of injury or disease, and there was no stench of the fish market

Dosimeter reading of red crab, 0.7 points above human safety level

Seagulls had left the smaller limbs at the water’s edge but soon quit the all-you-can eat buffet, indicating their ability to detect a hidden toxin. The langostilla kill-off cannot be called an act of nature since my dosimeter detected radiation levels of between 0.12 microSieverts per hour and 0.18 micSv in their bodies. The official safety level for human health set by the pro-nuclear government of Japan is 0.11. Considering the difference in body weight and the water content in their flesh, these marine creatures were terminated by radioactive exposure.

Word.

"The demise of marine life is caused by a misplaced faith in science of a non-oceanic species called homo sapiens, which parasites off nuclear reactors to light and cool their own hermitages."

The nearby San Onofre facility and distant Fukushima have both been spilling radioactive wastewater onto these magnificent shores of Southern California.

It is astonishing how humans are as psychologically stunted as hermit crabs, wallowing in greed, myopia and acedia. Predatory cruelty is indelibly stamped on our character, for it is the brute impulse that led to the original sin of rejecting our obligation to stewardship over life on Earth.

As radioactivity and pollution annihilate the mother ocean, we come to understand, that without the strong safeguard of ethical principles, science is a just sharp instrument for robbery, bloodshed, cannibalism and moral lobotomy.

And the continuing die-offs in the Pacific Ocean cannot be denied.

Hundreds - if not thousands of fish dead on California shoreline viewable on Google Maps.

www.google.com...@34.0430645,-120.4326604,129m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb9fe5f285e3d:0x8b5109a227086f55!6m1!1e1

“The entire northern hemisphere of the world is affected by radioactive fallout from Japan,” says Dr. Robert J. Gilbert, a former U.S. Marine Corps Instructor in Nuclear-Biological-Chemical Warfare Survival.

Here is his breakdown of the dangers:

• Most Serious Areas: Japan, Pacific Ocean, and Pacific Rim States

• Most Contaminated Food Areas of North America: Entire Pacific Coast, Northern U.S. States close to Canada, Canadian areas close to the U.S., Eastern States, Central States of the U.S., and Far Northern areas of Canada.

• Non-Food Products: Radioactive contamination is being found on non-food products being imported from Japan.

• Most Affected Food Products: All Ocean-Derived Products from the Pacific Ocean, All Dairy Products, Broad-Leaf Plants with a large surface area such as Salad Greens, Spinach, Cabbage etc.

• Water: From Rainwater or Open Lake type catchments

Why is this milk contamination significant?

Milk, of course, typically represents the overall condition of the food chain because cows consume grass and are exposed to the same elements as food crops and water supplies.

In other words, when cows' milk starts testing positive for high levels of radioactive elements, this is indicative of radioactive contamination of the entire food supply.

Clarabelle Cloven Hoof

The attitude of those happy cows in California will turn very sour if they are forced to eat radiated grass. Bovine News Today is reporting that the cows will strike (and withhold further production) if radioactive fallout from the Japanese nuclear triple melt-throughs continues to rain down on their beloved California grasslands.

Clarabelle Cloven Hoof, spokesperson for the local Bovine Union #238, had this to say, “It’ll be a cold day in the pasture before we eat radiated grass and poison all those beloved kiddies who depend upon our quality control.”

Xinhua, May 23, 2016: Five years on, Fukushima remains shrouded in untold stories… Some of them suffer from radioactive-related diseases, and some are seeking help but having nobody to turn to. [Since] the Chernobyl nuclear disaster… various investigations and commemorations have never ceased… Yet on the Fukushima nuclear disaster, probes have always been wrapped in an ominous cloak for the past five years… However, concealing the truth will not lead people’s memory to oblivion, but arouse anger… One focal point is the local children’s poor health, especially thyroid cancer… The International Society for Environmental Epidemiology, a global organization, sent a message to the Japanese government this January expressing worry over the high incidence of thyroid cancer

The sign of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is seen in the district of Okuma, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan, March 7, 2015. (Xinhua/Liu Tian)

Xinhua, May 23, 2016: A 2015 research found that children living near the Fukushima nuclear facilities are significantly up to 50 times more likely to develop thyroid cancer compared to those children living elsewhere in Japan. Data on radiation levels collected by Japanese volunteers near the Daiichi nuclear power plant is 8 to 10 times higher than the official number… Questions over the Fukushima aftermath have never ceased to pop up… Japan is concerned with its national image, food security, tourism, nuclear policy, medical compensation and possibility of public lawsuits… [none] of them should be the country’s excuse for preventing the post-disaster situation from being known to the public…

Thank you for your time and consideration.

With great respect,

tfw
Peace Love Light

Liberty & Equality or Revolution
Hec'el oinipikte (that we shall live)

edit on 27/5/2016 by thorfourwinds because: clarabell wanted top billing

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
and further up the coast, Dana is hard pressed to find anything...dead or alive.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I think Hanford deserves it's own thread, especially considering this one is about the Fukushima disaster.

Either way, I am frankly.. shocked that they are letting people in and that private contractors are performing the cleanup. Private companies have shareholders and financial constraints, it stands to reason that they will take shortcuts well before a public entity would.

I think the US government should declare Hanford a disaster site, a major security hazard and establish a perimeter with controlled airspace. It is a free "dirty bomb" to any entity that can get near it with an adequate explosive.

Oh the fools...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

Hi LilFox

I agree that Hanford needs its own thread and that it is right now one of the worst on going catastrophes on the planet, especially in light of the plumes heading down the Columbia. With no end in sight.

As far as this thread goes, though primarily Fukushima, what Fuku has shown us is that the systemic lies that shroud all nuclear projects from mining to reactors to bombs is a worldwide problem, so we keep abreast of all nuke issues in that light. Kind of a public record of not just Fuku, but the whole mess.

But at the end of the day Fukushima is in my opinion the worst environmental disaster of all time.......for all time, or at least until even more radiation is released by another plant failure somewhere else. Scary thought but I think it's true.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Agreed Z. Once they find the cores (maybe 30 years out) then the real problems will start.

We need to make sure that the world knows what's really happening, and I take my part in the endeavor as a duty to mankind, find the truth and make sure it's documented, and Fuk is just one aspect of an industry that can (and most likely will) cause the destruction of mankind as we know it.

A friend of mine and I were talking and he asked me if they have ever found the cores, he knows that this is an important subject to me. I looked at him and said "when they do, they have no idea what they are going to do with them". He had this shocked look on his face, and I had to explain that they FOUND the core at Chernobyl, but it's still exactly where it's always been, because they don't have any idea what to do with it.

Fuk has THREE.

We have no materials or electronics that can stand this level of radiation.

Anything this dangerous should never even exist.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

Hello there, LilFox. There are several threads on Hanford around these parts.

Here is a good one, though it is a bit dated.

Perhaps I'll do an updated one if there's any interest?

Many thanks to everyone posting updates and keeping the information flowing, your words are reaching people still.

I haven't posted here in a while, but I read every post you guys and gals make.
edit on 28-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yo Michael: Do it.

We have your back and a lot of info to share.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

i live about an hour and a half from this dilapidated mess.
the sign speaks volumes.

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join