It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A cure for radiation sickness? If this is true, the ramifications will be far reaching.......

M.....

www.youthhealthmag.com...

"Nuclear power is amongst the most controversial topics debated at present. Supporters of the use nuclear power argue that it is a viable source for alternative energy. Given the drastic state of the planet's fossil fuel reserves, nuclear energy is a sustainable energy source that produces minimal air pollution, reduces carbon emissions and increases energy security.

Nevertheless, critics of nuclear power believe that the use of this energy source post more risks than benefits for people. It can be used for weapons that can aid terrorism. Moreover, nuclear accidents involving nuclear plant have been prevalent in the last few years. This includes the devastating 2011 nuclear incident in Fukushima. The accident produced 37 non-fatal casualties.

Several Fukushima workers have since been tapped to do the clean-up following the disaster. Fortunately for them, scientist from Israel recently unveiled a groundbreaking technology that would keep these worker safe from radiation sickness.

More at the link.....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Still no sign of PC. I hope you're OK PC.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The Irradiated States of America - YouTube
Published on Feb 3, 2016
You probably haven’t heard of it, seen it, smelt it or tasted it, but this poison is percolating across the US

View the full episode: youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

I did not read all the replies....so forgive... regardless there are 10.7 million one ton bags of radioactive waste sitting around and will have to be dealt with sooner or later.
www.activistpost.com...

youtu.be...

164,865: Fukushima residents who fled their homes after the disaster.
97,320: Number who still haven’t returned.
49: Municipalities in Fukushima that have completed decontamination work.
45: Number that have not.
30: Percent of electricity generated by nuclear power before the disaster.
1.7: Percent of electricity generated by nuclear power after the disaster.
3: Reactors currently online, out of 43 now workable.
54: Reactors with safety permits before the disaster.
53: Percent of the 1,017 Japanese in a March 5-6 Mainichi Shimbun newspaper survey who opposed restarting nuclear power plants.
30: Percent who supported restarts. The remaining 17 percent were undecided.
760,000: Metric tons of contaminated water currently stored at the Fukushima nuclear plant.
1,000: Tanks at the plant storing radioactive water after treatment.
7,000: Workers decommissioning the Fukushima plant.
26,000: Laborers on decontamination work offsite.
200: Becquerels of radioactive cesium per cubic meter (264 gallons) in seawater immediately off the plant in 2015.
50 million: Becquerels of cesium per cubic meter in the same water in 2011.
7,400: Maximum number of becquerels of cesium per cubic meter allowed in drinking water by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Diary is reporting more I-131 found in sewage sludge. Fission continues. There's also a picture of silver bags of contaminated material on the page that is equally troubling.

fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"Scotty, engage the ice wall"!!!

eandt.theiet.org...

A giant, man-made ice wall that has been built underneath Fukushima power plant to create a frozen barrier to contain contaminated water is set to come online tomorrow.
The refrigeration structure, which resembles giant ice lollies, was completed last month but has only just been approved by Japanese regulators.

The decommissioning of the Fukushima reactors has been plagued by a string of radioactive water errors since an earthquake and tsunami hit the plant in 2011.

Radioactive water has reportedly spilled from a drainage system into the ocean on nine separate occasions since January alone.

Nearly 800,000 tonnes of the contaminated water has been stored in 1,000 huge industrial tanks at the site. The vast quantities have been hampering the decontamination process since the 2011 quake and tsunami caused severe damage to the facility.

More at the link...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

More information on the Ice Wall......

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The wall consists of 1,550 underground refrigeration pipes designed to create a 0.9-mile (1.5km) barrier of frozen soil around four damaged reactor buildings.

It will also surround these building's turbines to control groundwater flowing into the area and prevent radioactive water from seeping out.

More at the link...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
After a long silence, Japanese university chemistry professor Eiichiro Ochiai presents an update on the biological consequences of the Fukushima nuclear disaster so far:

www.vancouvermonitoring.blogspot.ca...

See especially his comparison of the radioisotopes released from Chernobyl and from Fukushima, and his list of ten human diseases/conditions and their increased incidence since 3/11. This link presents his report in the English and the Japanese languages.

Springer published his 2012 book From Hiroshima to Fukushima: biohazards of radiation.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The ice wall appears to be having some success, but what else is Tepco going to say?

www.asahi.com...

The freezing of soil around the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant to block the flow of groundwater is proceeding “largely smoothly,” the plant operator said April 4.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. started making a frozen underground wall in late March around the No. 1 to No. 4 reactors at the plant, which suffered a triple meltdown triggered by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

The final part of the construction process to freeze the soil was unveiled to the media for the first time April 4 during a visit to the site by Yosuke Takagi, state minister of the economy.

To build the frozen soil wall to prevent groundwater flowing into the four reactor buildings and becoming contaminated with radioactive substances, the utility inserted 1,568 pipes to a depth of 30 meters and 1 meter apart.

More at the link....

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Radioactive pork anyone?

www.dailymail.co.uk... ndered-exclusion-zone.html

"Radioactive wild boar contaminated by the Fukushima disaster are causing havoc in Japanese communities after breeding unhindered in the exclusion zone"

More at the link....

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This came out awhile ago but just found it through ENE. It can only be said that Abe's lockdown on doctors trying to treat radiation damage is a criminal act.

www.fairewinds.org...

Gundersen: Yeah, let me get back to the first thing I said about the inhumanity toward their own people. We had doctors tell us when they treated somebody for radiation illness, if they put radiation illness on the hospital forms, the government refused to pay. So doctors were literally going out of business because they were doing their job and treating people. But the other thing I learned on the last day of the trip was that there’s a huge spike in the death rates within Fukushima Prefecture for young children compared to what it was in previous years. But that story has been stifled by the Japanese medical and government agencies. Nobody’s publishing the data that the Japanese have been publishing for years leading up to the disaster. So where are the death data on Fukushima Prefecture? And the answer is it hasn’t been published because the Japanese government doesn’t want it out there. When you control the medical community, the epidemiological data that you need to prove a case is really, really difficult
edit on 7-4-2016 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hey Everyone - I just came across a scientist in the USA who is willing to test fish for radiation from the west coast. I'm not near the coast anymore, plus he's in the USA and getting Canadian samples across the border pretty much guarantees they'll never arrive in time. So I'm asking if anyone knows someone living on the west coast of Washington State (as that's the closest to the British Columbia coastline) who might be willing to provide samples (like dead fish) for testing? If so please let me know and I will help arrange it. Here is the scientists website: www.well.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Japan to release THOUSANDS of tons of radioactive water.

Nice.

www.dailymail.co.uk... lant-destroyed-huge-tsunami-2011.html

M.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Holy Crap,

What the heck.

Would they really do this?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Okay, I'm going to say this. Im an engineer as a profession (explosives engineer) and as such I try to learn as much as I can about technology. When something happens in my family tech wise, I'm the first person they call.

I have followed and participated in this thread since day one. And I have learned something that I never paid attention to.

As an engineer, when I design something, I think of every single thing that can go wrong, and I build the resulting conclusion because if my name is on it, I want it to be right.

As I sit here tonight, I decided to really think about these reactors, why they were built, and the corners that would be cut if I was involved in the engineering of these plants.

And I am APPALLED.

I can understand why this idea was pitched in the first place. Easy way to boil water, fuel is relatively cheap to produce (by comparison) and it lasts a long time. The entire system was based on the fact that heat is the byproduct of decay.

So, the first design was based on this and then these same engineers tried to think of everything that could possibly go wrong. I would bet that the first reactors made have backup systems that are superior to what exists today.

Because, at that time, cost wasn't as important to the bottom line. These first reactors were created with government cash. No expense was spared.

Then, commercial money starting coming online. Boil water for a long time and make power which equals money.

Designs were delivered. Meetings were held. Costs were displayed on overhead projectors.

Debates began between the engineers hired by the contractors, and the ones demanding the specs with the government. I've sat in these kinds of meetings.

It took a long time, but design compromises were eventually agreed to.

These compromises are where we are today, and then some.

We now have radioactive material that will damage the entire environment, and then damage the DNA of humans for generations to come.

And we fail to stop it.

Since we are eternal beings that keep coming back, I am not very happy.

Yes, after all of my research, that's what happens to us. If we want it.

There is no valid excuse to allow this to continue. Other than money, there is absolutely no reason to continue to use these materials for anything.

These materials should be banned from being created for eternity.

We can glean all the power we need from the sun. Geosyncronus satelittes can be put in place that have constant exposure to the sun, and then beam the energy to earth via microwave. No emissions, nothing other than a no fly zone or you get fried.

I have no idea how these are still online.

Sorry for the rant, just getting old.

M.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Best rant I have read in a very long time.

P

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The next "big one" is coming?

www.express.co.uk...

"There have been three large earthquakes recorded today, including a major one in southern Japan which destroyed buildings and left at least 45 people injured, after Myanmar was rocked yesterday.

Yesterday tremors were also felt as far as 500 miles away at the national park in India where the Royal couple Kate and William were visiting.

Today The Japanese Red Cross Kumamoto Hospital confirmed admitting 45 injured patients, including five with series problems after a quake of magnitude 6.2 to 6.5 and a series of strong after shocks ripped through Kumamoto city."

More at the link...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

M, long before Europeans invaded the America's, the Navajo had something called the Fundamental Laws of the Diné. One of the laws was "doo nal yee dah" which roughly translated means if something deep in the ground can hurt things if uncovered, it should be left in the ground. And the main thing they avoided was the yellow rock we know as uranium.

If only we had listened.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

edit on 17/4/2016 by thorfourwinds because: oopsy

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join