It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

could this be the first evidence of extremophile activity?

the bacterium deinococcus radiodurens, which has been found growing on the fuel rods of nuclear reactors,
is a famous example of an extremophile that can tolerate high levels of radiation.

as I understand it, there is no formal name for the green algae that thrives in reactors apart from the latin slant.

fukuphile?

radophile?

@matador I watched number 5 footage and I agree it is some kind of office set-up and what seems like a cushion just by the drape/banner.

f.
edit on 18-4-2015 by fakedirt because: struggling with uploads

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
@matador I watched number 5 footage and I agree it is some kind of office set-up and what seems like a cushion just by the drape/banner.

I agree. It could be the floor above and outside containment just before going into the PCV but no matter where it is it isn't in the PCV cause nothing is in the degraded state that everything else in the PCV is in.

And the yellow green bubbly stuff is definately water or a similar liquid with what looks like mosquito netting laying on top of it. It still appears to be a bit thicker than water. The question now is, if this vid isn't inside the PCV, but outside (or wherever) where did that water come from and why is it bubbling and boiling away. Somethin wrong with that vid. If it is something like that why would TEPCO ever release it. It just implicates them further in covering up leaks or whatever. Still scratchin my head.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You know it's too bad that all the trillions of dollars going into CERN aren't going into something like figuring out some way to deal with this. Fukushima is an ELE event.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i have been following this thread ,and the first one since the beginning.
and since im not as learned as some of you..sometimes i have to ask you to slow down for a second,
and let me catch up.
what exactly do these videos from the inside mean? in laymen terms..what are we seeing going on here?
sorry to slow you down but i really want to know and keep up.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Start at thirteen minutes in at the video I previously posted and you will have your answers. The situation has only grown worse.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

Video doesn't work for me, sorry.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
www.pressherald.com...

Pictures from robot’s video show Fukushima contamination
'Melted fuel is in stable condition in the water,' one official says.
TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE
Share facebook tweet email print print Comment
Tokyo Electric Power has released still images from a video shot by a robot camera inside a reactor of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, which showed contaminated water pooled at the bottom of the containment vessel.

The video was shot Wednesday by a robot put into the containment vessel of the reactor to investigate the situation there. The video was taken when the robot directed its camera toward a latticed floor of the containment vessel. The floor is made of metal.

The contaminated water was pooled about 70 centimeters below the floor, and the video showed the water surface quietly rippling.

TEPCO said the depth of the water is about 2.8 meters.

More at the link, and I'm furiously looking for the actual photos they are referring to.

edit, they appear to be referring to the 1:21 video that shows water below the probe where we can see the camera light reflecting off the surface. So, this proves that the fuel, is somewhere below. In the water. Someplace. Like, you know, below.
edit on 19-4-2015 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And this one, without workers, it's going to be pretty hard to decommission the plant.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Expected surge in workers hitting radiation limit leaves No. 1 plant’s decommissioning in jeopardy
FUKUSHIMA MINPO
APR 19, 2015
ARTICLE HISTORY
PRINT SHARE
The decommissioning crew at the defunct Fukushima No. 1 power plant is losing 174 members who have reached the legal limit for radiation exposure.

As of January, the 174 had topped the limit of 100 millisieverts in five years spelled out under the Industrial Safety and Health Act, which also limits nuclear power plant workers to a maximum exposure rate of 50 millisieverts per year.

More at the link.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

one thing I am seeing from the stills is the bison beams (concrete with steel re-bar) decaying at quite a fast rate with delamination occurring which is exposing the re-bar, which in turn is oxidising in areas. not so surprising after this many years, however we have an opportunity to study the effects of this environment with the limited footage given.

if the extremophile activity can be confirmed it would be the first time that an image has been captured (to my knowledge) and disseminated to the public (unless they didn't realise it could be bacteria).

the degrading of the support beams will have to be factored into any clean up within the facility (the quicker the better) as once the acidic environment has permeated into the beam core, these are liable to collapse and cause further disruption in any attempt to clear the building.
gypsum based building materials and an acid environment are the two worst bed buddies.

from about 8 sV this environment is lethal to anyone delivering office supplies! but the bacteria love it! (if confirmed)

f.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor

The contaminated water was pooled about 70 centimeters below the floor, and the video showed the water surface quietly rippling.

edit, they appear to be referring to the 1:21 video that shows water below the probe where we can see the camera light reflecting off the surface. So, this proves that the fuel, is somewhere below. In the water. Someplace. Like, you know, below.

M could you post a link to the 1:21 vid. I dont think Ive seen it. It seems to me they are talking about two different things, the water bubbling in the :22 second vid and the reflection from the other vid. Does anyone see the water quietly rippling in any shot other than the one in the 22 second vid. In the shot inside containment I can see the reflection of cams light in what Im guessing is water, but it's not rippling is it.

Damn confusing. It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Never mind M, I found a vid that shows the water moving under the reflected light, so I guess that is what they are talking about.

Hopefully someday theyll mention what that shot outside of containment is. Im guessing that its on the outside of containment just before insertion into the PCV, but even that doesnt make alot of sense as the cameras wouldnt be on until the bot got to where it could change shape to bot form.

And to fakedirt

F, I am absolutely amazed at what an extremophile can do and the levels of rads they can sustain. Good observation.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
Wait, please look at video 5 again.

www.9news.com.au...

Where the hell is this being filmed? That's certainly not inside a reactor, that looks like a drape or cloth on the left, and almost looks like post it notes and/or pens on the floor. Opinions??!!!

The more I look at it, that looks like a computer room raised floor with a section of tiles removed.

That shot of water in #5 that the caption says is a leak doesn't have the time stamp or rad and temp readings on it so it was taking by something else, somewhere else. Does anyone know where 9news got that clip from?

ON EDIT: The following quote from TEPCO has got to be BS. I can't see how the temps could be what they are. Inside a vessel that is heated by thousands of pounds of corium, and steam billing forth. This whole bot thing seems like a whitewash;

"Temperatures were found to be even lower than normal room temperature, indicating the effectiveness of cooling systems."
edit on 19-4-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

I have come up with naught for the location of that 'room'. I can't find blueprints for reactor no1 building as these would
at least pinpoint any yorkon office situated in the vicinity of the bwr, pcv , however, the bottom left caption attributes the clip to 'itn productions' a british media company.

f.

edit on 19-4-2015 by fakedirt because: spells r us

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This vid shows why I think that there was a secondary explosion inside containment, and not just the hydrogen explosion on the upper floors in unit 1.

www.youtube.com...

Most of the vid is from the 4th floor where there is major damage, but at the end of it they go down to 3 then 2, and three has limited damage and 2 has none at all. Yet the bot vids inside containment but outside the reactor itself show the effects of a blast. If the hydrogen blast didnt even bend the metal and piping on the 2nd floor, how could it have effected inside containment.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

We agree, it most certainly in not inside the RPV.

Furthermore, upon closer inspection, we tend to agree on water flowing from top left center to bottom right.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
UPDATE FROM THE FUKUFRONT

HUNDREDS OF DEAD DOLPHINS IN JAPAN killed by Fukushima nuclear waste FLUSH confirmed;; - YouTube

Published on Apr 15, 2015
www.thepostignoranceproject.com...
I am a carpenter what’s HAMMER,
I am a baker what’s a CAKE;
I am a fisherman what’s a BOAT,
I am Environmentalist anti climate changer, I am a Human rights Activist;;
WHATS FUKUSHIMA;;;; kevin D. blanch 3/12/2011
4/15/2015 THE POST IGNORANCE PROJECT kevin D. blanch, 801-452-1908

Stay un-tuna-ed

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Two more videos...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Still watching #2

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Weird effect with the steam at the end of the first vid. Its looping back or soemthing. Or its the bot beginning to go bad. This is day four inside the beast.

I still think this is all a PR scam. With the amount of steam coming up in an enclosed environment there is no way that those temps are right. Rads are being manipulated as well. Nice try TEPCO.

ON EDIT: actually the first vid is from the 16th, two days in. Second is from the 18th.
edit on 20-4-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Okay, doing some watching, I had a couple free minutes.

www.youtube.com...

Video in reference. Watch at around 52 seconds in. Video starts up with a 4-ish SV/Hr then at 52 seconds, video starts back up and is 44.4 SV/Hr, jumps up to 48 SV/Hr then over the next several seconds drops into the 20's before the video stops, then restarts and stays around 4 SV/Hr for the remainder of the video.

These numbers are being manipulated to show much lower readings than they are really getting.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Good eye. Looks like the decimal point is moving around. Now which one is the right reading. Hmmmm?

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join