It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This was not unexpected. They just closed the sardine fishing season because of a complete collapse in the population. From SFChron via ENE.

enenews.com... -severe-latest-series-alarming-die-offs-along-west-coast-mas

"The collapse this year is the latest in a series of alarming die-offs, sicknesses and population declines in the ocean ecosystem along the West Coast. Anchovies… have also declined [due to] a lack of zooplankton… Record numbers of starving sea lions… Brown pelicans, too, have suffered from mass reproductive failures and are turning up sick and dead… Strange diseases have also been proliferating in the sea…"

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The next ecosystem to collapse.

www.scienceworldreport.com...

Bird populations may have declined to a large extent in Japan's Fukushima province due to the disaster that occurred there in 2011. Scientists have taken a closer look at bird populations and have found that since the March 11 earthquake, which caused the nuclear catastrophe, bird populations have plummeted.

"We were working with a relatively small range of background exposures in this study because we weren't able to get into the 'hottest' areas that first summer after the disaster, and we were only able to get to some 'meium-hot' areas the following summer," said Tim Mousseau, one of the researchers, in a news release. "So we had relatively little statistical power to detect those kinds of relationships, especially when you combine that with the fact that there are so few barn swallows left. We know that there were hundreds in a given area before the disaster, and just a couple of years later we're only able to find a few dozen left. The declines have been really dramatic."

Nore at the link.....

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

Interesting. I figured that was what would happen to the birds we use to see in the Fuku cams.

The other interesting thing about the collapse of fisheries along the west coast is that all other US fisheries from the Gulf or Atlantic are rebounding and the list of species that are considered overfished are at their lowest level ever, so we can count out overfishing as the cause.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Japan: Drone Captures TONNES Of Nuclear Waste Being Stored At Fukushima [Video]

16 April 2015

Bagged and tagged, each with a barcode, to make the sheeple feel good.

Having been raised on a farm and experienced mucilage piles and log piles spontaneously catch fire, we wonder what the temperature might be at the middle bottom one of these RadBag™ PyrOmids.

Again, when one of these puppies is deemed 'it's time to change the diaper', how is this accomplished?

Last count we had was upwards of 5.5 million of these RadBags™ from hell.

How many 'checkers' are there to maintain a watchful eye on this inventory?

Just how much longer will the world put up with such nonsense?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Greetings:

Here are some screencaps for discussion.

7.8 Sv.

10.3 Sv.

7.6 Sv.

7.1 Sv.

Looks likes it's bubbling, because of no discernible water flow direction, IMHO.

If it is water flow, that would indicate a multitude of 'pointy things' just under the surface ONLY - not protruding and not causing a water swirl behind the 'rock' in the direction of water flow.

Which/what ever, it is troubling.

Eerie Drone Footage Of Fukushima Which Is Now A Wasteland 2014 - YouTube
Published on May 13, 2014

And, in order to capture the audience primed to see 'post-apocalyptic wasteland', popcorn in hand, we offer the following:

Apr 16, 2011

Hawk Drone Takes Video Footage of Fukushima Plant

Apr 25, 2014
Fukushima Tomioka the abandoned city on Vimeo

2 May 2014
Fukushima, the aftermath: Eerie drone footage reveals the apocalyptic wasteland of Japan's abandoned east coast | Daily Mail Online

edit on 16/4/2015 by thorfourwinds because: ttyyppooss

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

i watched the video, and had to laugh..it was a sad, depressed laugh..but i still laughed.
all these bags of death so neatly stacked and tagged....now what?
what happens when all these bags start degrading?..bigger bags?..or maybe boxes?
what a depressing video..no one has any idea what to do with this stuff.
lets just pray they dont get some genius idea like burning it all in huge furnaces.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It is what it is. There is no solution to the problem.

The biggest problem here is that they do not want to admit that a solution does not exist.

Other countries do not want to help! They would have to admit that there is no solution.

This is one installation in one country. There are many many more. They are all accidents waiting to happen.

Just consider how many spent rods are in the US alone! They are all sitting in the reactor buildings just like this .... just waiting for something to happen.

So many just sitting on fault lines .... waiting ... waiting ... to kill people.

It seems it will take yet another 'Accident' before the rest of the people wake up.

What happens when a huge Earth Quake hits the US West coast. I can answer that. It will be devastation.

There is no known way to handle the waste from reactors.

Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and now Fukushima. Just how many of these 'accidents' is it going to take?

I use the term 'accidents' but the truth is that these problems are due to very major design flaws, and these flaws exist in every Nuclear plant on this planet.

What pea-brained moron even considered it safe to put a reactor right on top of one of the most active faults on the planet. Ditto for all of the reactors on the US West coast. It is just mind boggling stupidity.

So take heed! There is no solution! Radiation is coming to a place near you.

So what has your Government done to protect you. Laughingly, they have just been increasing the amount of radiation that is considered safe! Yes boys and girls, that is what they did. Nice and quietly, they increased your safety with the stroke of a pen.

Feel better now?

P

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Fukushima breaking news; HUNDREDS OF DOLPHINS KILLED in JAPAN by NUCLEAR fallout on FUKUSHIMA BEACH, - YouTube

Published on Apr 13, 2015
The Post ignorance project reporting in FACT;; FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE'S;;;;
kevin d. blanch 4/13/2015
www.facebook.com...
www.thepostignoranceproject.com...
Part 2 OF 2;;; of the FIRST Group of 160 dolphins died by the evening of 4/11/2015, of RADIATION TO THE LUNGS, the second group, has been blocked to photo or talk about buy the NUCLEAR CARTELS state secrets act;;

“According to National Science Museum, most of the inspected 17 dolphins had their lungs in ischaemia state.
The researching team, which consists of approx. 30 experts, performed autopsy inspection on 17 dolphins.
The chief of the researching team stated “Most of the lungs looked entirely white”. She commented though internal organs were generally clean without any symptoms of disease or infection, but most of the lungs were in ischaemia state.

She said “I have never seen such a state”. Fukushima Diary 

"....the ocean is always the symbol of the collective unconscious. It is an all embracing general symbol, and the self....is also the ocean….

So the Self is the whole collective unconscious, the origin and the end of life, the origin of rain and of all the rivers, of the whole universe, the end of all distinctiveness."
- Nietzsche
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Someones Lying (maybe)

So I was reading this RT article from a day or two ago and read this:

The remote-controlled, single use robot revealed 7.0 to 9.7 sieverts per hour readings on site. The temperature level showed cool readings ranging from 17.8 to 20.2 degrees Celsius. Such radiation levels are way too high for humans to reenter the area even wearing protective suits, according to TEPCO spokesman Teruaki Kobayashi.

rt.com...

Now this didn't make sense to me because I had watched the video and remember see readings that shocked me. Like in the high teens to twenties. So I went back and watched the video and the highest reading I found was 24.9 Sv/h. Here is a screencap from Tepco's own website.

Could this original reading needed to have been calibrated? Or maybe they just ignore these high readings as anomalous? Those are the only two non-deceitful theories I could come up with. Any one els have any ideas? these would surely be the highest reading they' ve had at the plant so far. The last highest I heard was around 11 Sv/h by the stack for unit one.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Jump in all Rads at Fuku Port

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
Temperature in 2 & 3 Spent Fuel Pool

They must of fixed something.

Beginning of April Unit 2 at 30 degrees Celsius, Unit 3 at 25 degrees:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Twelve days later SFP temps in Unit 2 and Unit 3 dropped significantly:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Great posts everyone!!!

- Purple Chive

Moch noticed this also:

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
2nd robot completes it's survey, still trying to find the video from it.

ajw.asahi.com...

M

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-4-2015 by matadoor because: Crank up the BS machine!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

www.youtube.com...

Damn, you are so on top of this stuff. So that is definately the new bot and it appears to be sending even clearer images than bot1. Even though the levels of rads may not be a good indicator, the coloring yellow to gold to green as seen in the new vid is exactly, and I mean exactly the same coloring as uranium oxidizes, going from yellow cake to what is called uranium glass. Here is a page of U glass pictures. www.google.com...
Compare that yellow/green to the colors on the grate. The following description is from Wiki;

The normal colour of uranium glass ranges from yellow to green depending on the oxidation state and concentration of the metal ions, although this may be altered by the addition of other elements as glass colorants. Uranium glass also fluoresces bright green under ultraviolet light. 

ON EDIT: And at 33 seconds in just after the green glaze, what is that glowing thing.

edit on 17-4-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Moch noticed this also:

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

That is just plain weird. At first it looked like a screw up with the equipment, but the fact that the high temp readings have gone down incrementally since then says otherwise. The question that comes to mind concerns whether they were doing muon or something when the initial jump in temps happened, and if so did they start some kind of reaction.
edit on 17-4-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It is what it is. There is no solution to the problem.

The biggest problem here is that they do not want to admit that a solution does not exist.

Other countries do not want to help! They would have to admit that there is no solution.
P

Bingo. Its an old military trick. If a problem with no answer exists, pretend its already been corrected and then there is no need for an answer.

The fact that its been over 4 years and they are still pretending (as Abe has done) that the problem has already been addressed and everything is fine is so Orwellian that Orwell probably feels one upped.

And to think so called environmentalists like Monbiot and Hansen are still pushing nuclear power is too mind boggling to understand.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that's a reflection of the light from the camera.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds

Looks likes it's bubbling, because of no discernible water flow direction, IMHO.

If it is water flow, that would indicate a multitude of 'pointy things' just under the surface ONLY - not protruding and not causing a water swirl behind the 'rock' in the direction of water flow.

Which/what ever, it is troubling.

Still scratching my head on that one. It definately looks like water, but it isn't moving like water. It looks to have more substance than water, a bit thicker so to speak.

But what I really don't understand is the fact that there appears to be steam in other images, and high readings of rads, but the temps are incredibly low for the environment the bots are in. Im going to assume that the corium is so far down into the earth at this point that temps are reduced in containment. Just a guess though.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I may well be wrong but am considering flow pulsation (or lack of) and coolant mixing phenomena with respect to what has been described ie temperature fluctuations and Sievert spikes.

f.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Jump in all Rads at Fuku Port

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

All of a sudden there is "maintenance" and the numbers drop:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Interesting...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wait, please look at video 5 again.

www.9news.com.au...

Where the hell is this being filmed? That's certainly not inside a reactor, that looks like a drape or cloth on the left, and almost looks like post it notes and/or pens on the floor. Opinions??!!!

The more I look at it, that looks like a computer room raised floor with a section of tiles removed.
edit on 18-4-2015 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join