It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: zworld

The caveat is that this comes from someone who has little understanding of nuclear processes so take with a grain of salt.
I hope that wasn't confusing. I meant me and not PC of course but the way I wrote is confusing. Just thought Id clear that up.

It has always been completely clear to me.

Thank you psynic. If you picked up on it then Im sure everyone else did as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Airborne Rads Detected

Doesn't show up often on the graphs. I believe it seaside detection...so out over the ocean again...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Z - even the most knowledgeable minds in the nuke industry are baffled by Fuku. We've all done a pretty dang good job in understanding what happened at Fuku...and continues to occur.

I am very grateful for all of you folks on this thread!

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
hello purplechive.
cannot quite make sense of the graphs in the link. could you possibly expand on them for me? I would be in appreciation.
reagrds fakedirt
a reply to: Purplechive

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The following is from SimplyInfo. Is this news well known. This is I think the first time Ive heard that there were people camped out at METI since the early days of the accident protesting nuclear power.

And $240,000 for protesting. Wow. Way to go Japan. Abe must need more money for the Olympics.

"Protesters who have been camped out in front of the METI agency office since 2011 were told by a court to pay about $240,000 for their protest. The encampment has been a thorn in the side of the agency who was without a way to disperse the group of protesters and no interest in hearing their grievances."

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
four years in and what do we see?
west coast krill die off, polar bears and seals with leasions and loss of fur..die offs. orca die offs, star fish and anemonie die offs. salmon runs disappearing, shell fish without anything in the shells..mass die off. massive sea bird die offs. sea lions dead everywhere.
ya tepco..everything is just swell.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
it is amazing to me why this story is not on the top of the heap every day.
is it not interesting that radiation is killing the pacific ocean? is it not interesting that it is invading our west coast?
is it not scary at all that Japan has been spuing radiation every minute of every day for four years?
our eco systems are dying..

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
it is amazing to me why this story is not on the top of the heap every day.
is it not interesting that radiation is killing the pacific ocean? is it not interesting that it is invading our west coast?
is it not scary at all that Japan has been spuing radiation every minute of every day for four years?
our eco systems are dying..

3.bp.blogspot.com...(2).jpg

Very interesting.

Once you filter out the BS coming from some of the more 'prolific' contributors trying to hijack this thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OK folks, heres more you know what from a prolific contributor. From the Dairy.
fukushima-diary.com...

PC, this so reminds me of the old thread when you, me and AC used to stay glued to the Fuku cams and saw all kinds of strange things that were never reported by TEPCO.

This video has at the end a strange flash. Thats what Iori and other bloggers are discussing. But for me I think what we are seeing is another reaction from underground from either corium or the factory, possibly a steam event. (The thing that first made me consider the possibility of something occurring underground back in the day was the video of 3 exploding, where there was that pulse that happened a second or two before the actual blast).

Though the flash happens at 2:55 in, this pulse happens at 20 seconds in. And I dont believe its the cam getting bumped cause the right part pulses laterally, the middle very little if any and the left view of Unit 2 moves vertically down slightly. At the same instant as the pulse look in the bottom right corner and in the far distance at rooftop level there is movement up then down.

Then at 1:24 in the vid does a brief digital scramble. At 2:43 a slight flash in the sky, at 2:51 another brief pulse and then the main flash.

However, the Unit 4 cam doesnt show any movement or the flash, but its looking in the opposite direction so dont know what to make of that.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Did notice this Z....if you click on unit 4 video...say about 10 minutes in and then compare the lighting to 20 minutes in...it does look like they may have turned more lights on for some reason.

Anyhow...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Hi Fakedirt...the graphs show when TEPCO decides to report airborne radiation. All data to be taken with a grain of salt.

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Another post from a Prolific Contributor, and proud to be one!!!

Maybe some decent news on the food front?

Fukushima data show rise and fall in food radioactivity
Giant database captures fluctuating radioactivity levels in vegetables, fruit, meat and tea.

www.nature.com...

A massive food-monitoring programme in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear disaster has provided scientists with a unique look at how radioactivity peaks in different foods after a nuclear spill.

Almost four years since the incident, the first analysis of the data also confirms what multiple studies of Fukushima residents have already shown: few people are likely to have eaten food that exceeded strict Japanese limits on radioactive contamination.

On 11 March 2011, a massive offshore earthquake triggered a tsunami that swamped the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station. Plumes of gas from the reactor released radioactive isotopes into the local area, which were transported farther afield by wind and rain, before falling onto plants and seeping into soil.

The Japanese government banned products that were likely to have been affected, including leafy vegetables, which can absorb radioactive elements through their leaves, and milk from animals that had been feeding on local grass.

The government also instigated an extensive monitoring campaign, sampling foods before they hit the market for levels of radioactive elements such as caesium-137, and banning producers or areas that exceeded regulatory limits.

More at the link.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let us restart these reactors, or we will be raising rates!

theenergycollective.com...

Japan's Largest Nuclear Power Station Moves to Center of Reactor Restart Efforts

TEPCO calls for rate increase if it cannot restart of Kashiwazaki-Kariwa
KANSAI gets preliminary approval to restart Takahama 3 & 4
MIT’s Richard Lester offers TEPCO and Japan advice on reducing greenhouse gasses by investing in nuclear energy
The Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant, composed of seven nuclear reactors, is one of the world’s largest power stations. It includes five 1100 MW BWRs and two 1356 ABWR reactors. All of them are well within the 40 year envelope mandated by the Japanese government’s METI agency which is the red line for reactor restarts. The oldest units came online in 1984 and the newest in 1996.

Getting all of the reactors at the site online again is emerging as a key priority for the government and for TEPCO which owns and operates the plant. For the government, getting the reactors online means being able to give up expensive fossil fuel imports equal to 8.2 GWe of CO2 emitting capacity. For TEPCO, which is an investor owned utility, despite being more or less under government control since the Fukushima disaster in 2011, sustaining newly won profitability means turning these reactors back on.

TEPCO President Naomi Hirose knows he is facing significant local opposition to restarting the reactors even if they pass the Nuclear Regulatory Authority’s safety checks. Public trust is a huge issue for TEPCO, and winning it back won’t be easy. Area residents with long memories have reminded Japanese news media that in 2002 TEPCO had to shut down all 17 of its reactors due to false inspection reports.

More at the link...
edit on 1-3-2015 by matadoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor

Almost four years since the incident, the first analysis of the data also confirms what multiple studies of Fukushima residents have already shown: few people are likely to have eaten food that exceeded strict Japanese limits on radioactive contamination.

Strict Japanese limits is an oxy moron.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
a reply to: zworld

Did notice this Z....if you click on unit 4 video...say about 10 minutes in and then compare the lighting to 20 minutes in...it does look like they may have turned more lights on for some reason.
- Purple Chive

Interesting. But it doesn't appear to be a sudden switching on of lights. It seems to be a gradual increasing on the left side of the cam. Which makes it even more interesting. As always we will probably never know for sure what is going on but on the old thread I did an analysis of damage to the building east of Units 2 and 3 where the increased glow is coming from in the current vid. The building was the one with the blown out backside that couldn't have been the result of Units 3s explosion as TEPCO claimed. I still think it was the main entrance to down below.

But, like I said, the current images are a big unknown. The next reports of rad levels and temps might be informative.

Good eye PC.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Japan doubled the allowable amount of radioactive material in baby food from 50 bq/kg to 100 bq/kg.

fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The caveat is that this comes from someone who has little understanding of nuclear processes so take with a grain of salt.

You "did an analysis of the damage to the building".

What exactly is involved in that 'process'?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
Fukushima data show rise and fall in food radioactivity
Giant database captures fluctuating radioactivity levels in vegetables, fruit, meat and tea.

www.nature.com...

M, this doesn't surprise me. I expected there to be low levels of radiation anywhere outside of the two plume belts which were really just fingers of radiation pulse that the change of winds blew to the northwest towards the city of Fukushima on the 14th, and to the southwest around the 21st or 22nd when they experienced the lime green pollen type stuff that fell during rains. Inside those belts rad readings are still off the hook, especially the plume path from the 14th. Out side those belts rads are much reduced.

Except for the Pacific Ocean and the westcoast of the Americas. This is where most of the rads from the primary expulsion in the first two weeks headed for. We have higher readings of beta to this day than anywhere in Japan outside of the plume paths.

The problem with research of this nature is that its so easy to manipulate. Like any pollution event, if you avoid the area with the main amount of pollution and test other areas, say upwind, then they can fool people into a state of complacency.

But it still is good news.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join