It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Im sure most are aware of the situation on the west coast of North America with fish, shellfish and sea birds dying off en masse. The situation is much worse than the individual stories convey. When all of the data are pieced together it shows a dangerous future ahead.

Nobody knows the reason though there are many probabilities. However, I think it must come down to both Fukushima radiation and atmospheric dispersion of CO2, a lethal one two punch.

In early 2013 scientists were startled when they found fission products like cesium increasing in bluefin tuna and other fish when they should have started going down. The lead scientist, Ken Buesseler from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution stated “The numbers aren't going down. Oceans usually cause the concentrations to decrease if the spigot is turned off. There has to be somewhere they're picking up the cesium.” The reason for the concern was due to the fact that testing in Aug 2012 had shown that the levels of cesium was half what it was in Aug 2011, as they expected. To see this trend reverse was a bit of shock.

(Oops forgot a quote on edit) According to Maxim Shingarkin, deputy chairman of Russia’s State Duma Committee for Natural Resources, “Currents in the world ocean are so structured that the areas of seafood capture near the U.S. northwest coast are more likely to contain radioactive nuclides than even the Sea of Okhotsk, which is much closer to Japan. These products are the main danger for mankind because they can find their way to people’s tables on a massive scale.”

Since then TEPCO has released data, and independent research has shown that levels are still increasing and the amount entering the ocean from plant leakage is also increasing.

Starting in 2012, but really taking off in 2013, we have had a crash across the board for marine life on the west coast. First it was polar bears, seals and walruses along the Alaska coastline suffering from fur loss and open sores. Then sea lions started wasting away, followed quickly by the mass wasting of star fish. This was followed by plunging sockeye salmon populations along the Canadian coast, with other species dying from bleeding out. Then sea cucumbers. Then scallops and oysters from Canada to California. Now many more species are involved.

Those who don't want to believe radiation could be part of the problem for shellfish claim that everything is tied to increased levels of CO2, but that doesn't explain all the other dieoffs occurring, or sickness within other species, or mass wasting.

Radiation and acidification are working hand in hand in my opinion to kill ocean life off shore. As both radiation and CO2 levels increase the damage being produced will only get worse. This is serious business, yet no one wants to connect the dots as our mainstream media and government refuse to even allow these issues to be addressed in a scientific fashion.
edit on 9-2-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Now we can add crawfish and sardines to the list of species that are disappearing from the west coast. Unless the US wakes up soon and throws a boatload of money into research (instead of a new war in Ukraine or Yemen or?) we are screwed here on the east side of the Pacific pond.

enenews.com... rpassed-whats-normally-entire-yearly-5-weeks-videos

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zworld
Now we can add crawfish and Sardines to the list of species that are disappearing from the west coast.

enenews.com... rpassed-whats-normally-entire-yearly-5-weeks-videos

Your chronology is way out of order.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted that information 6 months ago when the Canadian Sardine Fishery was CANCELLED after the fleet failed to find a single fish.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zworld

Radiation and acidification are working hand in hand in my opinion to kill ocean life off shore.

How convenient.

Ocean acidification can be remedied by lessening our dependance on fossil fuels, i.e. by building more nuclear reactors.

Is that what you want?

The massive die-offs we're currently witnessing are not caused by ocean acidification and suggesting so is a 'red herring' .

(post by zworld removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Still dont understand why they are pumping so much nitrogen into Unit 1 as opposed to 2 and 3. They are pumping almost twice as much nitrogen into 1 than 2, and 40% more than 3. The flammability of hydrogen is critical at 4.% yet there is only .03% in 1 and .06% in 2 and 3.

There doesn't appear to be any need for nitrogen at all. In previous years when they got the amount of hydrogen in the 0.5% range that was good enough to stop nitrogen injection. Now its over 100 times less and they are still pumping in large amounts.

What are they not telling us....hmm?

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
PC, keep an eye on unit 1. Temps going up again.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Let's address the Topic, Not each other, Please.

thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jbird

Then, please level justice evenly.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
“Cancer Epidemic” Underway in Fukushima. Culture of Denial

Rates up 6,000% says head of cancer research center — “This is definitely a holocaust… everything’s being swept under the rug” — “Very, very frightening… my family members are brainwashed”

More here:

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And this from our pal Arnie....

Fukushima: Walk Away for 100 Years - Gundersen

www.huntingtonnews.net...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
“Cancer Epidemic” Underway in Fukushima. Culture of Denial

Rates up 6,000% says head of cancer research center — “This is definitely a holocaust… everything’s being swept under the rug” — “Very, very frightening… my family members are brainwashed”

More here:

www.globalresearch.ca...
I wouldn't put much stock into what GlobalResearch has to say about Fukushima. They've published several entirely fabricated stories on other subjects, and reported on completely unfounded conspiracy theories as 100% true.

Though I don't doubt there will be increased incidents of cancer among the Japanese population, particularly those around Fukushima, I really don't think 6,000% is the proper number. For one, we likely won't know the true effects of Fukushima for at least another decade.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Perhaps we need to lay it between the lines …

Bigfoot Sasquatch Being Secretly Killed by Government - YouTube

We think this video is sure to cause some comment.

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are over 100 pages on this thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed: Does anyone have an update on the reactor unit #4? Last I heard, a couple of years ago, it was sinking. This unit has spent nuclear fuel rods that can be catastrophic if released. Did they find a way to remove them?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
There are over 100 pages on this thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed: Does anyone have an update on the reactor unit #4? Last I heard, a couple of years ago, it was sinking. This unit has spent nuclear fuel rods that can be catastrophic if released. Did they find a way to remove them?
TEPCO reported that the last of the fuel rods have either been removed, or will be removed very soon. The main concern right now is making sure the Corium in the reactor vessels don't heat up and start problems again, and minimizing any leaks that are occuring, which is still pretty substantial.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

TEPCO reported that the last of the fuel rods have either been removed, or will be removed very soon. The main concern right now is making sure the Corium in the reactor vessels don't heat up and start problems again, and minimizing any leaks that are occuring, which is still pretty substantial.

Thanks for the answer!! I remember when I first heard about the problem it was absolutely frightening to learn the reactor could collapse and cause a world wide catastrophe.

Since TEPCO has been caught lying before can we trust them on this news?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Oh, yes! By all means. They've mended their ways. It was a New Years resolution they made.

If TEPCO reported the last of the fuel rods have been removed, you can be CERTAIN they've been removed, or will be removed "very soon".

It's only been four years.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Thanks for the answer!! I remember when I first heard about the problem it was absolutely frightening to learn the reactor could collapse and cause a world wide catastrophe.

Since TEPCO has been caught lying before can we trust them on this news?
I personally take most of what TEPCO says with a grain of salt. Though, there is still a very real danger of debris shifting in the reactor building and releasing a lot of radioactive dust. I can say though that I live in Japan, and if the alarmists are even half true about the radiation leaking from the plant, I'd be a giant walking glowing tumor by now. There is certainly radiation leaking from the plant, that is undeniable, and it will have global consequences for sure. Your concern is warranted. TEPCO isn't telling the whole story, but neither are the alarmists.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Texasgirl, the threat from the spent fuel pool (SFP) in unit 4 is for the most part over, but the threat of any of the other SFPs being damaged is still very real and serious. Should units 1, 2 or 3 suffer further damage from an EQ or collapsing earth then the danger of instant worldwide contamination once again raises its ugly head. And as always the prevailing winds and ocean currents will push it away from Japan towards the west coast of North America.

But as Railgun states its the corium that is already emitting massive amounts of radionuclides in 1 thru 3 via the ocean that is the real concern as this pollution will continue for thousands of years and can never be stopped. This and acidification is a one two punch that is killing the eastern Pacific, and it appears that both will continue to increase as the years go by. So even if all spent fuel is successfully removed in the next 20 years the danger of a world wide catastrophe will still be ongoing. If the oceans die so do we.

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join