It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This scares me more than Syria, maybe as much as Iran.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear ATsers,

Thank you very much. I was afraid I was the only one worried about this. And special thanks to newsoul and greencmp, for hugs and small reassurances. I wonder how well scotch and chocolate chip cookies go together, I need both.

Wrabbit2000's comments on the Constitution are especially apt. What I miss in the political discussions in America is some sense that there are principles to be followed, even if they make us uncomfortable. I think the Constitution is one of those principles.

Ok, following the Constitution will cost a politician some votes, maybe even cost him his job, but we are asking soldiers to die for the Constitution. Surely, losing popular approval is a relatively small price to pay.

We've Sotomayor with her emphasis on "empathy," and Roberts and his (I hope, one time erroroneous) decision on Obamacare. Throw in Big Sis, and there will be a big step taken towards the destruction of the Constitution, and the Judiciary as an impartial branch of government seperate from politics.

With respect,
Charles1952

you don't seem to have a concept of how far it's gone; she's not paranoid (in an irrational way, at least), she just knows what they have instore for us in the near future (and what the sun and natural factors may have as well), and is helping to prep our minds for their version of why it happens--as the banking cartel implements the end game. obama, hillary, biden, big sis--basically irrelevant, as lackeys are lined up to get the core agenda done. of course, this spells doom for most of the population.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The drunk Joe Biden must be the biggest yes man lap dog that has ever existed in filthy D.C. What a stooge, what a puppet. What a complete idiot. This confirms my suspicions that Joe Biden is mentally ill. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Giving some hugs to you. I don't know if it's fair to you it'll be all right though.

I think we should all give each other hugs.
Hope that it'll be all right, think I can safely put it that way.

edit on 7-9-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't know about the chocalate chips as much as I like them. I wouldn't mind the rum though
It sure has been a big hairy year!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Please, someone, give me a hug. Tell me that it'll be all right. I need some comforting.

There, there Charles- it will be alright.
Now come with me for a cup of hot cocoa with mini-marshmallows!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Dear littled16,

You know I'll go with you anywhere, but as another poster said, it's been a hairy year.

But now for a serious question. How long can we continue to gather stories and evidence of the decline of America? There may be a couple of Obama supporters left on ATS, but I would think that most of us see that 2012 was a huge mistake. But that's all in the past, and we have to ride it out.

What course of action do we have left? It's tempting to think, "I'll just turn off ATS, television, newspapers, and the internet for two or three years, and try to keep from becoming homeless."

Another alternative might be to say, "I'll get super involved in the 2014 campaign. Anybody that Obama likes, I'll work to defeat." The problem with that is that it doesn't seem to matter to him what Congress does, he just issues an order.

Sometimes I think of a Hillary presidency, with Bill as the First Lady. I don't think we could survive that.

Am I being depressive and excessively fearful, or realistic?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Charles as much as I hate to say it I think we're all just stuck riding this one out until next election. Sad but the truth as I see it. If nothing has been done by now it never will be. Better luck with the next puppet in chief!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What she needs is a heaven applied cerebral hemmorage!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

Dear tmeister182,

I hope you'll forgive me for what may seem like a rant, but as I started the thread, I feel a certain responsibility.

What she needs is a heaven applied cerebral hemmorage!
You may be a great person, I don't know, but that was a particularly ugly sentence. As much as I dislike her (and dozens of other politicians), wishing them dead is beyond the pale. Perhaps you're new to ATS, certainly you and I have not had a chance to talk, but I'd much prefer you don't speak like that again.

From a theological point of view, Heaven doesn't cause death, it would be more accurate to say "a Hell applied cerebral hemmorhage."

But all that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work, you have a gift of brevity which I lack.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join