It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interfax: 4 Russian ships head for Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Russia isn't dumb, they aren't going to send in their ships to protect Syria. They have a better chance protecting them from home. They're not going to square off with the U.S. Navy.

Um... They just did.

peace

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Russia isn't dumb, they aren't going to send in their ships to protect Syria. They have a better chance protecting them from home. They're not going to square off with the U.S. Navy.

Um... They just did.

Yes, right into the periscopes sight cross-hairs.

You know how much about the military?
edit on 7-9-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Originally posted by silo13

Um... They just did.

Yes, right into the periscopes sight cross-hairs.

You know how much about the military?
edit on 7-9-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

I know one thing, if we start sinking Russian ships, nukes will be flying at the USA. Notice in the Vietnam war, Russian and Americans did not shoot at each other directly. Why, because that would have triggered a nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just say eff the rest of the world. Why do we have to be the policeman for the globe. The NWO wants the earth down to 500 million occupants so we just walk away from the globe and let them slaughter each other and they will get there eventually.

It might sound harsh but I can't trust any politicians/leaders from here on.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
Anyone who`s going into Syria right now is heading for a bad ride .

The Russians are a lot more powerful than the U.S , hence Russia being the only country on the face of the earth that can bitch slap Obama and send his ass to bed with no supper .

The Russian war machine , combined with the abilities , population and technology of China , We might be about to see the fall of the self proclaimed " world leaders " .

I am not sure if it is trolling or ignorance but this Russia is so much stronger crap is starting to get laughable. Russia is not strong in any way shape or form. They can barely field an army and navy.

The French could take out the Russians in a naval battle...........The French. And just to make it clear I am anti-war, but I am not stupid.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

The Russians are a lot more powerful than the U.S , hence Russia being the only country on the face of the earth that can bitch slap Obama and send his ass to bed with no supper .

I am not sure if it is trolling or ignorance but this Russia is so much stronger crap is starting to get laughable. Russia is not strong in any way shape or form. They can barely field an army and navy.

I work with the ministries of 6 different Middle East countries, and quietly Americans are critiqued, yes; but respected. The Russians and Chinese, well let's tell the truth - they are simply and pervasively despised. This is a fact which belies all the pop media rhetoric you are spoon fed in Europe and the US. Russia, with this "Let's Have the Cold War Again!" (Sung to the tune of "Let's Do the Time Warp Again!" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show) baloney is continuing to lose the battle for the hearts of those who wish for a brighter future in Southwest Asia.

Syria is Russia's last foothold. You cannot continue a policy of intimidation, corruption and hate, and win at world business in the end.

A lesson the US should watch closely, yes.

edit on 7-9-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Good point. No matter how much people say the US has lost reputation because of its interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan, we're still not hated as much as Russia or China.

We know how to run a business and how to make people free. Russia and China know how to oppress and cheat the market. Sure, the US twist arms and bends the truth, but it's at heart good.

We actually have something worth fighting for in the US: Freedom!
edit on 8-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

All 3 countries are the same, some are just more honest about it then others.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Russia sending four ships is just a token show of force, only done to keep Putin in the
Discussion. Those ships are not enough firepower to swing a war from one side to another.
The biggest problem i have is which side is Obama wanting to drop the bombs on?
Does he want to shoot evil guy a or evil guy b?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"Kremlin chief of staff Sergei Ivanov said Thursday that Russia was boosting its naval presence in the Mediterranean Sea, but primarily in order to organize a possible evacuation of Russians from Syria."

Even if they weren't there for that purpose, being realistic, they stand no chance in a Naval battle. Like I said, the Russians aren't idiots, they're not preparing to start the battle at sea. But you go ahead and believe it all you want.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If you actually read the Op it said Russia is boosting naval presence in case of an evacuation of Russians from Syria. NOT preparing for attack or defense from the US. That would be a dumb move for Russia anyways come on give them a little more credit than that

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Wookiep
But it says:

but primarily in order to organize a possible evacuation of Russians from Syria.

So I'm assuming these are transports or something...

Well if you read the article instead of making assumptions, you'd know...

Two Russian amphibious landing vessels and a reconnaissance ship

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

rickymouse
I know one thing, if we start sinking Russian ships, nukes will be flying at the USA. Notice in the Vietnam war, Russian and Americans did not shoot at each other directly. Why, because that would have triggered a nuclear war.

Go back and reread your Cold War history. There were Russian pilots shot down by American pilots in Vietnam. Francis Gary Powers and Rudolf Anderson were both shot down in U-2s by the Soviets, Anderson was killed.

Gun camera footage from a MiG-17 as it shoots down C-130 60528 with a crew of 17 on board.

There were numerous aircraft shot down by the Soviets, and damaged by the Soviets during the Cold War, and during Vietnam Soviet "advisers" were flying with the North Vietnamese Air Force and were killed by Americans, and we're still here.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Shoot at their battleships or aircraft carriers. If they shot at our aircraft carriers we would be sending missiles to Moscow. We never bombed a Russian Battleship in the Vietnam war and they did not bomb ours except if they were in their waters. The stage was set in Vietnam. Technically we were not at war with Russia then.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Russia and the US shooting at each other, even at their ships, is not an automatic nuclear war. And yes, the Soviets did sink at least one US submarine during the Cold War (the jury is still out on the other one, but I'm pretty sure that was mechanical failure), and we knew it, but nothing happened. They claimed that we sank one of theirs by Hawaii, and they retaliated and sank one of ours.

It could lead to a nuclear war, but it's not an automatic war scenario.
edit on 9/10/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah, You're right. It is not necessarily a nuclear war. If Russia blasted all our ships to pieces in the area, it would be a war though. If we blasted their four ships to pieces I think bombs would be flying.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Sure it would lead to bombs flying. But they'd do everything they could to keep it limited and conventional. Russian forces right now suck to be honest. They have some units that are good, and in good shape, but their average unit is hurting, and their production is horrible right now. So the last thing they want is any kind of war.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join