It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacecritters inside the ISS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hello ATS

Well this has me kinda stumped, a friend sent me a link to a video on Youtube called Spacecritters inside the ISS. I started to watch it on my laptop and never seen much. So to give it more justice I put on the tv to watch, that's when i started to see what the uploader of the video sees, small critter like creatures? First I thought my eyes were playing tricks then I read his description of the video.

Hi there!

Spacecritters visiting the ISS? Why don't you take a peek and convince yourselves.

As soon as the astronaut has disappeared the show starts.

The first flying critter appears 00:45 seconds into the video (on top of the instrument panel), the second one shows up at 01:39 (center right), the third critter we see in the upper right corner at 03:50 and the fourth one at 04:00 in the lower right corner. You should also check for some slight movements at 03:16 left on top of the instrument-panel. This looks like a couple crawling critters. (Or is it a reflection of light?)

In order to exclude or eliminate NASA's biological experiments aboard the ISS, I checked whether NASA (recently) had been performing any experiments involving butterflies or bugs. There have not been such experiments!

So what is it we see? As some people claim: small pieces of paper flying around, lifted and transported through the air by the airflow coming from the ventilation system. Really? These "things" come from several directions and they do not look like pieces of paper to me. What about dust? The funny thing is that this is the only scene that shows these objects and I have taped all shuttle missions and watched hundreds of hours of NASA live streams but never saw them again. So if this was dust, why have I never seen anything like this again?

Looking at the way they move, you could compare it with how single cell organisms swim inside a fluid. Are we seeing something we were not supposed to?

Here is the video:

Note: I searched the Youtube uploader's name here on ATS and I see he's banned. 1967sander is his name. Also this video is not one of his usual videos which, after reading his threads on here, caused quite the argument.

Thanks and any input on what we're seeing in this video would be great.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Interesting,I'll have to watch the video...

In the mean time, here's a link for live ISS Cam', free to view. ISS Live Cam...

Maybe somebody will see something there live?
edit on 6-9-2013 by SoulRelliK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Looks like an experiment got loose up there. It's probably insects.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here are two more videos which shows something go by the Russian astronauts during a recent spacewalk.

Video One:

Video Two:

They seem biological to me? but I'm short on knowledge about it really.
edit on 6-9-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Crazy weird...[possible independent movement?] I would think it is some type of debris, from what I know they run a 'tight ship' so to speak, & they keep the environment [although cluttered] clean for the most part.?
I hope somebody gets some more of this kind of vid'.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

If a human needs to use their hands and feet in space to move around due to no gravity, how are the insects moving around so quickly and freely?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Looks like those damnable little clothes eating moths!

I knew it was impossible to get rid of them! ARRRGGGGHHHH!

Someone must have brought their lucky skivvies up, big mistake.

edit on 6-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Wings. There's air on board.
edit on 6-9-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
reply to post by EA006

If a human needs to use their hands and feet in space to move around due to no gravity, how are the insects moving around so quickly and freely?

There is air. Right?

Wings. There's air on board.

Yes, you have a thinking process too?
edit on 6-9-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So we have insects flying around the ISS where millions of pounds worth of instruments are?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
So we have insects flying around the ISS where millions of pounds worth of instruments are?
i see your point. The insects would...they would...get inside the equipment...and ...die. They would die and be icky. Is that what your point is?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

As you can see if you read the link. NASA were careful and contained any experiment with caution whilst onboard the ISS.

The Insect Habitat

The Insect Habitat (IH) was designed to support a variety of insect species. However, during the initial flight increments, it will be dedicated to experiments using Drosophila melanogaster, or fruit flies.

The Insect Habitat will enable studies of the fruit fly to learn how microgravity affects development, nervous system function, movement and behavior, growth, reproduction, aging, gene expression, mutagenesis from radiation and circadian rhythms or sleep/wake cycles.

This is a fruitfly:

I highly doubt these are flying freely around the International Space Station!

edit on 6-9-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Could you imagine. You get to space where there aren't any mosquitoes and the mosquito experiment gets out. That would suck. Fruit flies neen fruit to breed. Otherwise they live for a day.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you look closely there is no wing movement , this seems to be something floating rather than flying .

Maybe there was a little "Something about Mary" moment and they couldn't find the "hair gel"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

What in thee hell are those things??? If this is CGI I'm going to be
!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AthiestJesus

Could be anything. NASA doesn't make mistakes, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I honestly don't think they are human

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The uploader recorded it from a live stream, most of his videos are about NASA manipulations on Apollo pictures, which were discussed on here if you search the name '1967sander'.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Yeah, i'm fairly sure the little floating/flying objects aren't human either.....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i didn't watch the video (ty yrs of youtube, i know donT give a poop if there are spacecritters on the ISS).
oh well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join