It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
some posts i am seeing from members are jumbled up is it their device 99% are ok it is just the odd one

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

alfa1
When those huge announcement bars come up at the bottom of the screen, how do you make them go away?

Catacomb
How do I stop these crazy pop-ups at the bottom of the site, telling me to go check out such-and-such thread? That is really annoying me....

Panic2k11
The pop-up is annoying those that do not care about the "guided tour", please rethink the method of promoting stuff... a simple dismiss button would serve to stop the announcement once read...

Was there ever an answer to this question in any of the other threads? ( nobody ever gave an answer to it in this thread)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

They go away on their own.

We had an inordinate number of members incensed at the cut-over of the new ATS, having never bothered to look at their numerous private messages inviting all to participate in both private and open testing, and provide feedback, of the new site prior to launch.

So we're no longer sending announcements via private messages, and using the bottom-of-page announcement banner instead.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't suppose the 'Message' button can be switched with the 'Complain' button, more to the right near 'Uploads' ?

I never use the complain button and seems it would be better off to the far left where I wouldn't accidentally hit it.
And yet, I'm always using my Message button.

Just asking, no biggie

Love the site so far

edit on 17-9-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well, with the "dark" option, the look of the site isn't bad at all. The bright look isn't one I want on a full-sized monitor, so dark is most appreciated. On that note, I have noticed that when I send a reply to a post, the "inserting reply" screen is still very bright. Any way to make an option to have that dark, or is that too much to keep it friendly for mobile users?

One feature I LOVE, that I never noticed covered, is the "see replies to your threads" feature. That is SO handy! I never saw a method to see those easily in the old set up (did I miss it?), and I LOVE this. It's so much easier than looking on the "my ATS" page, starting at the last response to a thread, and searching back to see if anyone responded specifically to a post of mine. Having that right there at the top is awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Still exploring the rest, but it seems easy to navigate thus far, and other than the message issue (covered elsewhere), I am not seeing any bugs. i cringe at website changes, typically, but this isn't bad at all. Nice work!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Before you had to go to your private messages page and click replies in order to view replies that anyone made to any of your specific posts.

Took me awhile to figure that one out. You can still view them that way now, but yeah it's so much easier having the ability to just click it on the menu bar with this new set up. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The pop down ad in the upper right hand corner of the page is ridiculous, to say the least.

Every time I get anywhere near it with my pointer, whether it be to scroll the page down or utilize the tool bar, the ad drops down blacking everything out. Sometimes it even begins running a video commercial. Definitely could do without this B.S..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I keep trying but it wont let me post a picture

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think I have it figured out the box with the picture isn't opening up for me all I get is a blank half inch of it

suggestions?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OK I wasn't paying attention, so how do I know when I get a PM?

thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

stormdancer777

Seconded.
I just found I had a message waiting for me, and before opening it, even now that I knew I had one waiting for me, I found no way of knowing it was there.
Its not like the old days of the yellow message on the bottom tool bar.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

alfa1

stormdancer777

Seconded.
I just found I had a message waiting for me, and before opening it, even now that I knew I had one waiting for me, I found no way of knowing it was there.
Its not like the old days of the yellow message on the bottom tool bar.

Yet again (I think this is 8 times I've posted this now), see here:

Click here for answer: How do I know I have a new message?

edit on 9/22/2013 by Krakatoa because: Added clarification

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

There are six symbols under the top line - second from the right is outline of an envelope when

that goes white on the dark ground - you have a message

Don't know what happens on the light side!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

If you go to the link I provided in the post you replied to, you will see what it looks like. I added screenshot snippets for both white and dark themes there. Clck on the question (hint, it's a link to the answer).

edit on 9/22/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

OOps sorry!!! miss read that (must be time for bed)

Thought it was you who wanted to know!...LOL

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow! For a second I thought I was having some sort of drug interaction

Really cool with the colors. Can I get that?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I just want to thank you for including so many of the features I know you were hoping to get rid of and 'lighten the load', without. You listened to us and gave us those things, that to me are part of the heart of ATS. It feels like home, only newer and fresher.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I accidentally clicked on the "-" in hte recent threads section. I guess it removes the forum from being shown. The problem is now I can't figure out how to undo that. Kind of aggravating.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Have had a recurring problem . . . exclusively with ATS . . .

3-4 times . . . have hit reply to post something . . . and it's gone to 404.

Tried different browsers on my WIn 8 machine with 8 gig of RAM.

All the same. Waiting until timed out.

Running the Windows check on connectivity . . . it often says to reboot the modem.

Now all my other sites continue doing fine. JUST ATS has the problem.

Anyway, finally decided to try the modem reboot. It seems to have worked the few times I've tried it.

I'd be prone to postulating some far out conspiracy thing but that's probably not that realistic.

It is puzzling and frustrating. Anyone else have a similar problem recently--last week and this week?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join