It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I saw above London, very bizarre UFO.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
First of all, I have no photographic evidence of my sighting as my iPod nor Blackberry could capture the small 'star like' object I saw. You will have to take my word for it, & i'm simply looking for answers or a simple explanation.

Setting:
London, mid August. Me and a friend were sitting in my garden at around 11:45pm, looking up at the night sky, having a nice conversation and just chilling out, when he said "is it me, or is that star moving?" and after looking for no more than 10 seconds I noticed it. We sat there until 1:15am and watched this UFO.

Description:
This UFO looked like a star at a glance, but it was slightly bigger and it looked different in terms of the lighting, it was a bright white light but it didn't look like natural lighting like other stars do. It never left a small section in the sky, but it often would do really fast circles (think a dog chasing its tale) for about 5-10 seconds and then stop dead. It would also randomly zig zag and again stop dead, moving position but always staying within a certain section (we used stars as comparison to its position). I could also faintly make out green & blue lights, and sometimes its shape seemed to alter very slightly as if it was rotating in mid air. It may be worth noting that my friend noticed the movements and the rotating but not the green & blue lights, maybe I just have a better eye sight. It would also just shift super fast in one direction & stop.

Added note: This object looked very high up, i'd say most likely above the highest heights a plane can reach. Maybe just outside of our atmosphere? To be honest i'm not sure, it was very difficult to judge but it certainly wasn't at all close to the Earth.

I got the impression that whatever this craft was, was observing the city of London for whatever reason (alien, enemy nations). Satellites move in straight lines, so this was instantly ruled out. A lot of people have told me Chinese lanterns which is actually frustrating as it was there for a long time, and it's movements were so erratic and unpredictable. Me and my friend then said could it be some sort of military drone, and although this could be true I just can't understand why it would move about the way it did, surely it would stay still to save fuel and not draw attention to itself? Whatever it was, I KNOW it was being physically controlled by someone or something.

Once it reached around 01:15am, it began flying west, towards central London, at a reasonably fast speed and then disappeared behind some clouds.

I wanted to ask my fellow ATSers because the movements of this craft, to me was nothing like any human created craft (that we know of), it was simply too fast and too erratic, so I think it comes down to only three options. Either a strange natural phenomenon we do not know about, a military device we do not know about, or a alien craft. What do you guys think?

edit on 6-9-2013 by TellEmRye because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2013 by TellEmRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TellEmRye

If it was observing the city of London as you think, it would certainly be closer. You stated it appeared to be on the outer edge of our atmosphere, it could be observing almost anything on that side of our planet.

Just an FYI....the space station sits about 200 miles above earth, and I have seen views of earth from it and they are not observing anything closely at that range. Our atmosphere starts at about 62 miles above the ground...still at that height (1/3 the distance to the space station) anything hovering there would not be observing a specific city. It is simply too far away.

I would really like pictures of the object. Could it have been the space station??? That is my guess. Without pics it is hard to say. I know someone will come along and be able to give you a map that can show where the space station was on that date and time and confirm or debunk my theory. I am leaving to go out of town or I would.

Good luck in finding out what it was. It certainly has my curiosity peaked!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

first thing i thought was the space station but not the way you described it mooving

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Those are stars and satellites. I know it is always cloudy in London, but it is possible to see the stars if for some unnatural reason it isn't cloudy or foggy and the power is out in the city.
I think they call that a miracle there.

Kidding aside, they do move things around in space and the governments do have space planes. I've never seen a UFO yet but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I live in UK, forest of dean! And my misses n kid where waiting for youth club about 2year ago . they looked up and saw a star? Or what ever? Moving in a line then just did a square over and over again!
Now she don't believe in all this jazz! But she can't explain what they both saw! Ta
edit on 6-9-2013 by DARRENOLDSON because: forgot my name

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You watched for an Hour and Half and not once during that time did you think hey...if I posted this on ATS or called someone with a camera they could get some footage of this?

Don't be surprised when it is labeled Venus caught in some Swampgas...
edit on 6-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
You watched for an Hour and Half and not once during that time did you think hey...if I posted this on ATS or called someone with a camera they could get some footage of this?

Ok first of all, didn't you notice the time of the incident I described? And if i'm totally honest, I barely even thought about capturing it on camera, I was simply amazed at it and instead decided to watch it for as long as possible and take it all in. It's only now I decided i'd ask ATS for answers.

And besides, I don't know anyone with a good enough camera to capture it, and even if I did, i'm not going to phone them at that time to say "hey, sorry to wake you up, bring a camera to my house I can see a moving star"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedy63
reply to post by k21968

first thing i thought was the space station but not the way you described it mooving

Appreciate the replies people.

Could it be a space station? moving that erratically? as Zedy said, I doubt it would be, not with the way it was behaving, but that said I know little about the space stations so maybe they do move like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

If it was observing the city of London as you think, it would certainly be closer. You stated it appeared to be on the outer edge of our atmosphere, it could be observing almost anything on that side of our planet.

Just an FYI....the space station sits about 200 miles above earth, and I have seen views of earth from it and they are not observing anything closely at that range. Our atmosphere starts at about 62 miles above the ground...still at that height (1/3 the distance to the space station) anything hovering there would not be observing a specific city. It is simply too far away.

I would really like pictures of the object. Could it have been the space station??? That is my guess. Without pics it is hard to say. I know someone will come along and be able to give you a map that can show where the space station was on that date and time and confirm or debunk my theory. I am leaving to go out of town or I would.

I see what your saying, maybe it wasn't so far away from the Earth then. As I said i'm not to clued up on distances and heights of certain things, it was above clouds however (that showed up later as it flew off) but while it was in the sky it was a totally clear summer night.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TellEmRye

Ok first of all, didn't you notice the time of the incident I described? And if i'm totally honest, I barely even thought about capturing it on camera, I was simply amazed at it and instead decided to watch it for as long as possible and take it all in. It's only now I decided i'd ask ATS for answers.

And besides, I don't know anyone with a good enough camera to capture it, and even if I did, i'm not going to phone them at that time to say "hey, sorry to wake you up, bring a camera to my house I can see a moving star"

No worries I can understand a state of Awe, I hoped you enjoyed it, just wanted to know why.

What did your friend think? What did you feel when you saw it? I am being sincere in asking as I am curious.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You can only view satellites for a few minutes at a time, I would think that would apply to all 'space junk' ?

I've seen star like object over our city recently, just took it as being the first evening star, much later I realised it was no star. I wonder how many people just don't think about what they see and automatically right these things off as stars or space junk.
They really are hiding in plain site, not many can tell if a star is out of place. It's happening more and more and yet people are not taking notice......

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

I would just like to point out that we can read the book or newspaper your reading from a satellite in space and your thinking that an alien race in a ufo could not zoom in and watch London. Hmmmm when I was a teenager my friends and I and then pretty much whole town saw ufo for quite a long time. Police saw it etc. It too was in the upper atmosphere or just outside. We eventually watched leave at an incredibly fast speed and then was gone.

This was long before digital or even cheap good cameras. I do know the police officers tried to take photos but they must have not have come out because no one ever saw the pics. I say all this to tell poster don't listen to negative thoughts, I say byou saw ufo nothing we have in space moves like that and then move off to west. Ufo my friend

The Bot

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Doesn't need to be any of the given options, it could be just an illuminated toy aircraft of some sort, or scale the same thing up to a drone, in fact you need not even scale it up.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Refraction through polluted/warm air, look it up. Movement...color changes..twinkling etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

abeverage

No worries I can understand a state of Awe, I hoped you enjoyed it, just wanted to know why.

What did your friend think? What did you feel when you saw it? I am being sincere in asking as I am curious.

Me and my friend were both amazed, when I first saw it I jumped up and kept saying "what the * is that!?" as you do. While I was intrigued and wanted to know more, my friend was more scared, and was genuinely convinced that to keep watching it would somehow provoke it.

We both got the chills, tingles down the spine, hairs standing up, when you see something in the sky which is not natural or known, it does change your entire perspective on things.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

ManInAsia
Refraction through polluted/warm air, look it up. Movement...color changes..twinkling etc.

I will look this up now, I would like to write off this mystery so I don't have to wonder about it, but at the same time I'd love to find proof that these are indeed some sort of craft, human or alien.

UPDATE:
For the previous two nights now I have identified this exact same thing happening, stars moving and performing elaborate moves in the sky. What's interesting is there is one that has been in the same spot both nights, and I'm convinced it was also the one I witnessed in my original account. I have tried to look at it through the iPod Sky Tracker thingy but I can not figure out whether it is giving me a accurate picture of the sky or not.

I am going to have another look tonight, and want to try find it's exact position in the sky so I can let you people know and you too can keep your eyes peeled to the skies. I will let you guys know what happens sometime tomorrow.

Additionally, anyone living in London, or southern England for that matter I urge you to look up tonight. These UFOs are usually a little brighter than stars, and to me they slightly stand out but maybe that's because i've noticed them more than once now. Focus on the sky, no distractions, be very patient and I promise you will begin to see the same things.

Almost forgot, I have also seen two more of these UFOs, one of them seems to be in the western sky, in a darker area in the sky, and it is constantly shining a blue colour rather than white. It's truly fascinating, but I just want someone else to see the same thing and validate my findings, I do believe this is something serious.
edit on 9-9-2013 by TellEmRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

TellEmRye

abeverage

Me and my friend were both amazed, when I first saw it I jumped up and kept saying "what the * is that!?" as you do. While I was intrigued and wanted to know more, my friend was more scared, and was genuinely convinced that to keep watching it would somehow provoke it.

We both got the chills, tingles down the spine, hairs standing up, when you see something in the sky which is not natural or known, it does change your entire perspective on things.

"As you do" is such a British term that I keep reading. lol

I am curious why the fear? Did the object appear to coming closer or moving due to your actions? Can I ask how comfortable you feel recognizing the night sky as you say it appeared unnatural or known?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

abeverage

TellEmRye

abeverage

"As you do" is such a British term that I keep reading. lol

I am curious why the fear? Did the object appear to coming closer or moving due to your actions? Can I ask how comfortable you feel recognizing the night sky as you say it appeared unnatural or known?

Haha we British like to drop the "as you do" to emphasise a reaction, sometimes sarcastically or in my case genuine, i'd imagine most people would greet such a sighting with curse words and shouting.

As I said, I wasn't scared but instead was completely intrigued by it, and would have done anything to somehow fly up there and look at the UFO closely. My friend is more of a sensible individual, and he said he just didn't feel comfortable with it's presence. I guess people just react differently when faced with something that can not be explained.

I wouldn't say it reacted to us, but once we noticed it and focused on it, spoke about it, it's actions and movements became more erratic, and for some reason, I got the impression it seemed to be showing off or just goofing around. If it is a alien craft, surely the occupants would have a sense of humour and may want to make it's presence known. I know if I was in a craft above a alien planet, i'd most likely mess about too. However, I am not saying it did react to us, but since you asked it's worth mentioning.

EDIT: It didn't seem to get much closer, but it did get bigger and then smaller, as if it was dropping and climbing altitude and upon close inspection and intense watching, it seems to be that the light is on a bigger craft, rather than the light being the 'whole' craft and instead some sort of light, similar to a aeroplane headlight I guess. Maybe its a high tec scanner? or it's taking photos? The light also seems to dim, as if the craft is rotating in mid air, thus making the light less visible as it shines in different directions.

As for the night sky, I watch it a lot and since a young age i've always been fascinated to what could be out there, theres something magical about watching the night sky because your essentially looking at one great big mystery. Every star could be providing light and life to other beings, you just don't know what is going on out there. Now, these UFOs definitely stand out to me, I have never noticed anything like it before until the account I explained in my original post and ones recently. To me that's significant because if this was a natural thing, surely i'd have noticed this sooner? Maybe aliens are becoming more present, hopefully one day they reveal themselves. At the same time, it could be new elaborate government defence system, maybe there is another 'cold war' occurring that the public is not aware of?

top topics

join