It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow believers. You say you are saved and non-believers go to hell. Well, ----

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBrother
reply to post by Greatest I am

Hell is separation from God wether in this life and whatever is next, to be separted for eternity is not what a God of unconditional love would allow. Regardless, it is our choice to be separated or not and how long. Einstein once said there is no such thing as darkness, darkness is only an absence of light. Hell is only an absence of God. How separated are we from being in loving service to God and others is what question we each need to ask ourselves. Jesus said it very clear if you can live by these 2 things, you will find Salvation. Even if you never had the opportunity to experience God, everyone has been given the opportunity to be of loving service to others over selfishness.
edit on 6-9-2013 by TheBrother because: (no reason given)

King James Bible
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Simple sayings are for simpletons.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Come on now, Hell is a 404 - page not found. The worst that can happen is to be thrown into the Lake of Fire, and that is for purification of those who need it. Does not God call Himself a refining fire over and over in the Scriptures? He calls Himself soap too, and both fire and soap cleanse. Poof! There goes our wood, hay, and stubble. In the end, all are rehabilitated, resurrected, and ushered into the Kingdom. Otherwise, God cannot become All in all. Death and the Grave (often mistranslated "Hell") are thrown into the Lake of Fire also, and after that happens, how can anyone be dead and in Hell?

In the law given to Moses, death is the worst punishment prescribed for sins. Does God follow His own Law or not? I believe He does, so the second death is the worst He prescribes for the wicked, not eternity in "Hell."

So better for God to kill than cure.

Not quite the moral high ground that.

Then again, God is almost always shown as killing instead of curing.
Even after torturing King David's baby for a week ---- before finally killing it.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Come on now, Hell is a 404 - page not found. The worst that can happen is to be thrown into the Lake of Fire, and that is for purification of those who need it. Does not God call Himself a refining fire over and over in the Scriptures? He calls Himself soap too, and both fire and soap cleanse. Poof! There goes our wood, hay, and stubble. In the end, all are rehabilitated, resurrected, and ushered into the Kingdom. Otherwise, God cannot become All in all. Death and the Grave (often mistranslated "Hell") are thrown into the Lake of Fire also, and after that happens, how can anyone be dead and in Hell?

In the law given to Moses, death is the worst punishment prescribed for sins. Does God follow His own Law or not? I believe He does, so the second death is the worst He prescribes for the wicked, not eternity in "Hell."

Even after torturing King David's baby for a week ---- before finally killing it.

Regards
DL

Your conclusion, "So better for God to kill than cure," is the opposite of what I actually said. How did you get that out of my post? I said, " In the end, all are rehabilitated, resurrected, and ushered into the Kingdom." Do you and others really not understand what I am trying to communicate??

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Your conclusion, "So better for God to kill than cure," is the opposite of what I actually said. How did you get that out of my post? I said, " In the end, all are rehabilitated, resurrected, and ushered into the Kingdom." Do you and others really not understand what I am trying to communicate??

Absolutely. Mostly fantasy.

You are showing your immoral double standard of morality where you forgive and even praise God for doing what you would condemn a man for doing.

If you had decent morals you would be ashamed but you do not.

Regards
DL
edit on 10-9-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Greatest I am

You are showing your immoral double standard of morality where you forgive and even praise God for doing what you would condemn a man for doing.

Regards
DL

Presumption.

God does not need or require our forgiveness. It wold be almost blasphemy to do so. As Creator, God may do whatever He pleases, and needs not answer to us. Are you equal to God, such that you judge Him? You are the one who should be ashamed before your Creator, but you are not.

disregards,
Laz

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Lazarus Short

Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Presumption.

God does not need or require our forgiveness. It wold be almost blasphemy to do so. As Creator, God may do whatever He pleases, and needs not answer to us. Are you equal to God, such that you judge Him? You are the one who should be ashamed before your Creator, but you are not.

disregards,
Laz

You show your lack of morals again with your "God may do whatever He pleases,".

Good or evil you say what he does is good.

Scriptures say that those who call evil good will burn.

Your own bible tells you to judge and test all concepts including morality and you refuse to do so.

A waste of good human potential that leads you to adore a genocidal son murdering prick.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

If "love" is the standard of morality, and love is "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you" (compassion), then any being doing anything against this rule is "immoral" which would include The God of Moses if all of the things written in the old testament part of the bible about him is true.

It seems that you believe in Jesus ("love your neighbor and your enemy", "turn the other cheek - forgive") rather than The God of Moses ("an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth").

If this is the case, then do you not forgive those who prosecute you and commit evil acts (including acts of immoral "Gods")? It seems like you make many threads of this nature.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Since you blaspheme, I will not debate with you in this thread any further.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

arpgme

If "love" is the standard of morality, and love is "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you" (compassion), then any being doing anything against this rule is "immoral" which would include The God of Moses if all of the things written in the old testament part of the bible about him is true.

It seems that you believe in Jesus ("love your neighbor and your enemy", "turn the other cheek - forgive") rather than The God of Moses ("an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth").

If this is the case, then do you not forgive those who prosecute you and commit evil acts (including acts of immoral "Gods")? It seems like you make many threads of this nature.

We are to emulate God.

If as you say, God does not do unto others, then we do not have to either.

I do not believe in the Jesus that is taught by the churches. I do favor this one but cannot know if he ever existed as his message is older than he is.

www.youtube.com...

I find most of Jesus' teachings in the bible to be unworkable rhetoric and some like his divorce law to be totally anti-love and not a law that a God would write.

www.youtube.com...

If you wish to discuss or debate his morals and not his reality then come on down.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Lazarus Short

Since you blaspheme, I will not debate with you in this thread any further.

As you were.

imgur.com...

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join