It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword2004
Oh, and I don't think any fighter planes could really harm any U.S. carrier group, they train for those kinds of scenarios all the time. Carriers cost a lot of $$$, they are too big an investment to make vulnerable if they must be used in wartime.

the sunburn is a very dangerous missile and china has them. the US has no defence against them except a new system in R+D.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Dude, you really think the U.S. has no defense against such stuff?? Everyone mentions such "dangerous" stuff China has, no one seems to remember that the U.S. has equal stuff too, it just most likely doesn't release the information.

And a "mechanized kamizkaze?" I told you already, they train for those scenarios all the time. And any missiles fired at a carrier would be dispatched by its machine guns.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
By the way, the Sunburn is not Chinese, it is Russian-made. And it only has a rqnge of 80-85 miles.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Whups, okay nevermind the above comment, that sounded kind of smart-ass; I meant that in response to someone saying the Sunburn was Chinese, only now I realize no one did say that whoops.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

By the way, the Sunburn is not Chinese, it is Russian-made. And it only has a rqnge of 80-85 miles.

only 80-85 miles

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hawks, for the millionth time, I told you I had corrected myself on the India tech vs. China tech issue. And no the Chinese avionics is not more advanced (in the Su planes anyhow).

Tooo bad now you've done it!!
You've picked on the feared Hawksss. He'll torment forever now!!WUAHAHA

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutonian

JEEZ man, actually yes I did know that, but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? I never said China didn't have Su planes; I said the avionic in them isn't as advanced as the avionics in the Indian Su's. Learn to read English.

But then you must know that the MKIs do have many problems due to their cutting-edge technology used, and was not as reliable as MKKs. MKIs satellite system is not well linked to the Russian GPS system which would support the full potential of the aircraft radar system. Why do you think Indians keep shooting down their own planes in the simulation?

What the..?
Which problems are the MkIs having? Care to elaborate?
MKIs do not need the Russian GPS, wonder why you even mentioned that!!
And in which simulations do the Indins keep shooting themselves down??!!

c'mon now we're spinning fairy tales now!!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
China Now Test-Flying Homemade AWACS

I also read (in a Brazilian newspaper) China will launch 100 satellites until 2020... They'll be able to watch anything here (like the US)
AND

Hmmm... China is already leading the developing countries...
But I don't think they can catch the US so soon

[edit on 19-11-2004 by poirot]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah, but their GPS doesn't have the same advanced software or electronics that the U.S.'s next one has.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
oops wrong thread post

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Observer83]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"Yeah, but their GPS doesn't have the same advanced software or electronics that the U.S.'s next one has."

lol, now you know we have our GPS, however crude it is.. Good, because your ignorance is certainly less now.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah and so is yours
You finally seem to realize that I corrected myself on those things like 2 pages ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
China is actually already a superpower, but I believe they can pass the leading role of the US in approx 40 years.

New technologies will lesten the technology gap between China and the US: e.g. lasers, rail guns, nanotechnology etc. China is spurting more scientists than any other nation on this earth. Just do a google with "laser" , "weapon, "China" and you will see how far they already are in developing laser weapons.

It is already calculated that in 40 years, China will be the biggest economy on this world. Today it was announced that the US already has a debt of 700 billion to China.

The only real problem that China currently face is economy of scale with regards to military hardware. For example when you need a modern aircraft you need a whole economic infrastructure so that you can choose from the best/cheapest engines, displays, software, wheels etc. In most fields they have the technology, but not the economic instrastructure yet to efficiently create the military hardware. I believe in 40 years, this infrastructure will be established.

Blobber

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Blobber]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Broad sword I find you are very ignorant. Read all the posts you have said and ask yourself do you really think god is protecting US everywhere? Yeah, with all the M1A2s and the APC and the modern aircrafts guess what, you still can't eliminate the Iraqi insurgents. More and more just keep on coming. Actually the Sunburn's range is 240Km (the newest variant being installed on Chinese Sovremmy's under construction). All Chinese Su's are to be upgraded to be able to carry the Sunburn before 2010. Chinese are working to mass produce the Sunburns right now and a R&D team is working to upgrade it even more.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Uhhh, no, you people are the ones coming off as very ignorant. First off, you seem to forget, the U.S. could roll through the insurgents and crush them like a pancake if it really wanted to; the problem is, that would kill the civilians and destroy the city somewhat as well, which the U.S. is not trying to do. So quit using that as an example.

The insurgents on the other hand don't care who they kill or what they blow up. If the U.S. fought them the way they fight the U.S., it would be an entirely different ballgame.

Also, don't bring god into the picture; I have no belief in that thing.

As for China and a military, I told you already, it is one thing to have military hardware, it is another thing to know how to use it. In 40 years, the U.S. will still be ahead of China. You see what China is developing. The U.S. has a military budget far larger than that. The U.S. just doesn't advertise what it exactly researches and develops; it is all top secret pretty much. In 40 years, the U.S. will have far newer weapons and technology too. Based off of a much higher military budget.

China first has to catch up to the U.S. technologically, something they cannot do right now; that is impossible. Second, China ALSO has to learn HOW to use that technology. You know, you don't just acquire nuclear submarines and fighter planes and then, "Oooooh, we're a superpower now, we have these great weapons...." YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO USE THE THINGS IN WARFARE. The U.S. has been researching all sorts of naval battle and aerial warfare and land warfare scenarios over the past 60 years.

There is no way China can catch the U.S. technologically in that sense. Or in pure military tactics. There is just too big of a time and research gap. It is puretely impossible.

And uhhh, no, China does not have the most researchers. How many people you have in your population is not proportional to the number of researchers you have. The U.S. has some of the best universities in the world, and they keep pluckng the best and brightest out of those universities to work on military and gov't projects.

You folk are living in a dreamworld. Get over it. The more technologyy China continues to develop, the U.S. develops far more technology, that is also far more advanced. China can't match the U.S.'s current technology, let alone surpass it.By the time it does surpass the current technology, the U.S. will have far more advanced technology.

I don't know why everyone has trouble seeing these things. But oh well, everyone loves to hate the U.S.

As for the media, the media will always knock on the U.S. military; it always has. And most of the media don't know what they are talking about. You need to look more at facts people.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Broadsword, you bring up some interesting points, some are in fact true, and the rest are just plain ignorant. Honestly, when China passes our economic footing, they will indeed know how to use their own technology.
If China researches more advanced technologies, they will know how to use them because they have RESEARCHED THEM you idiot!
And besides, how could we know about this about China? Even if one reads the newspaper, the article can in fact be false. China is hiding more than what we can all possibly imagine. China is everywhere....

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I personally don't see the U.S. ever going to war against China. The U.S. is far too western-minded to even clearly see Asia exists. America is absolutely obsessed with the Western and Third World nations that Asia pretty much will just be spectators.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lol, it seems numbers do not appeal to people like Broadsword, he is a tech hugger.

Do this math: How many enemy aircrafts can one carrier group radar system can track simutanously? Not to mention missiles and fake targets, the success rate of intercepting 100+ anti-ship missiles? and without carrier groups, how many US forces could reach the Chinese map?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
More idiots again (exclusing SweatmonicaIdo).

Okay, ummm, no, China cannot know how to use their technologies in battle with equal knowledge as the U.S. has. Knowing how to operate submarines in battle and aircraft carriers and such takes some extreme knowledge. I am not just talking about the simple "how to fire missiles" type of knowledge. The U.S. and Soviet Union didn't spend huge sums of money carrying out warfare exercises simulating battle scenarios between each other all those years for nothing..

The fact is, China does NOT possess such knowledge and they can do all the research they want, but they will never catch up to the U.S. in that area right now. It is impossible. So quit the name-calling.

It also shows here that you seem to have no idea of how a carrier would go into battle. The Chinese mainland? I don't think the U.S. has any plans of invading China. That would be political suicide right now, plus, despite what politicians might ever want, the people themselves of the U.S. have no such interests. Also, aircrafts? China has no forward sea projection. All their aircrafts have to come from the mainland pretty much. Which means in a real war scenario, the carriers would be sitting out of range of those aircraft. And if any of those aircraft somehow came near the carrier, the carrier has its own anti-aircraft missiles, AND its own aircraft to fight those aircraft. The carriers would be out of range of the missiles too. The only way to take out a carrier would be to use a nuclear missile, and everyone knows where that would lead.

You also seem to forget that carrier groups train for such scenarios all the time!! You think the U.S. Navy hasn't already thought of, "What if, in a real battle scenario, the enemy tries to swarm a carrier battle group...." etc....etc....they are plenty aware of all that. No carrier would ever come close enough to China to get into such danger.

China is watching....? Dude man, so is the U.S.! China doesn't report what they have? Neither does the U.S., only the U.S. has far more experience, technology, and $$$ in those areas.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey to all guys on this thread. Who wanna join in and put Broadswords name in our ignore list? Come on guys, follow my lead. See ya later broadswords.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join