It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Aside from Napolean, I think that Frances army are a bunch of "Cheese eating surrender monkeys".

yeah just like the US army is full of red necks i suppose

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yeah, Korea I meant to say was U.S. and other U.N. countries, sorry on that one.

It will take a looooooong time for China to catch the U.S., if you can't see that, I think you are very ignorant. It is impossible, purely impossible, for a county to catch up on 50+ years of military research and knowledge that fast, especially when that o#ry has no real warfighting experience with modern weapons.

I would not use the idea that Europe has been fighting long before the U.S. was ever around; that means nothing. The U.S. has been fighting with modern-style weapons and tactics and researching this a lot more and longer than Europe has. The French were destroyed by the Germans in WWII; they obviously didn't know what they were doing, yet they have been around longer than Germany.

Yes, Europe creates some good stuff in terms of rifles and such.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
To see CHina has a 50+ years of research behind US is being ignorant. China has no more than 20 years behind in ANY field. China at some places is even more advanced than US such as the laser dazzler and the first country to field laser guns as counter terrorist weapons. The links on www.sina.com.cn's military section, I am too lazy to find it, if your Chinese go and look it up and give them the links.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
I for one am very nervous about China, and their intentions. Aside from Napolean, I think that Frances army are a bunch of "Cheese eating surrender monkeys". America is the greatest country ever on the faceof the planet. It's not too late to turn onto the right track and remain the strongest forse on the planet, however if the US continues on it's current path..... It will fall within our lifetimes I'm afraid.

Ok, lets get this straight because quotes like this show some serious problems with the United States.

the first problem is history. we don't know it very well.

second, no body ever bothered to explain why the US is the greatest country and why it is so great. What is the criteria for this assertion. Perhaps if we didn't have this assumption all the time, we might be more liked.

Third. since when is forse or force the measurement of what makes a country great? Is it our ability to millitarily dominate that makes us right. therefore might is right? or our ideals.

One thing i like to mention about the franc thing, with out them we would have never won the revolutionary war. We would be much like the Iraqis are today.

next, lets look at the last time we tried anything against the french. That would be in the war of 1812 (something we don't talk about that much in history class) they #ed us up and burned washington DC.

Not that any of this is a good thing, but learn some history.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
the germans have always and probably always will be great military guys. although after ww2 they had the military beat out of them.
the french are good they where just out manovoured after cutting through a country which was neutral at the time. they didnt see fit to have defences near it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Cowlan, please don't tell me you really believe any of that. You think the U.S. military goes advertising around what it has in development or what it has developed? The U.S. military isn't stupid; they aren't going to advertise to anyone what they are developing.

The Chinese, ON PAPER, are like 20 years behind the U.S. In reality, they don't have the submarine knowledge, the naval knowledge overall, or the aerial battle knowledge, or even the land warfare knowledge the U.S. has. Or Russia has.

It's one thing to have technology, but you still have to know how to use it. The reality is China is far behind the U.S.

ALL countries have pretty been brilliant in weapons and warfare overall at some point, and if not, then usually the people that country originated from were. Rome had some ingenious military stuff. They were Italian more or less. The Greeks had some ingenious military designs. The Chinese created some ingenious stuff and could have kept the Europeans out of their country except they were too ignorant and ethnocentric and didn't believe upgrading military technology was of big importance (big mistake as they found out). The Germans created some absolutely brilliant military designs. The British created some really great stuff. The Russians created some great stuff and they still continue to do so. The Japanese created some brilliantly designed battleships and aircraft. The French have had some cool things too. And the United States today creates a whole lot of really, really great stuff.

The difference is in who has the money to spend to do the research on all this stuff, technology-wise, and then also has the money to do research on how to use it. The U.S. and Russia were building all sorts of advanced weapons and the likes for years and carrying out loads of various tests on how to conduct submarine and ship warfare, aerial warfare, etc...China was not, so I mean they have a long way to go in terms of technology development, and then also learning how to utilize that technology, and then teaching that to their military.

The U.S. is so far ahead of them however in most of this stuff that right now it is just impossible for them to catch up.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Acecool, we pretty much paid France back for their help with how we helped them with WWII. France didn't help us defeat the British because they were being nice, they did it because Britain was an enemy of theirs at the time. Well we were the same I guess in WWII, we helped them defeat Germany (alongside everyone else too) but that was because Germany was an enemy at the time. However, we also practically rebuilt Europe as well. We could have let them rot after the war but instead we sent supplies and food.

So I mean I wouldn't use the France example, cuz we paid them back for their help in the Revolutionary War.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So you think any other country would take their most advanced and secret research they have and gloat it around?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
China is certainly behind the US and Russia in military technology. In certain areas by 2 generations, but most areas it is at most 1 generation. We also have many weapons that is on par with US tech, and this is very true in some missile tech and army equipments. In terms of navy and air force, we definitely have a lot of work to do.

But, please justify: China is years behind india!!!!!!!! If you can't, retract that!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
So you think any other country would take their most advanced and secret research they have and gloat it around?

No, but the media will and the media, if you haven't noticed, usually ALWAYS tries to knock on the U.S. military. So I just mean don't always believe everything you read. During the last Iraq "war" all you heard the media saying was about how the U.S. had yet to face the Iraqi Republican Guard, and then that one guy went so far as to say the U.S. war plan had failed even (before the actual fighting had even begun!).

But I mean that stuff about China's lasers is all over the Net, and also that exercise about how the India Airforce supposedly "defeated" the U.S. Airforce is all over the Net too, but I mean that was a bogus exercise, and most anyone with any knowledge of the details knows that. Now I am not saying at all that China doesn't have their lasers, I just mean the media is gonna try and make it sound like the United States, who invests considerbly more $$$ into this stuff than most of the world's superpowers combined, andh as been doing so for many more years, doesn't have technology somewhere that is probably equal.

Now China, they say, probably spends considerably more than they officially say, but also, so does the U.S. as well most likely.

Hawks (I forget how to actually spell it), India tech I never said is superior to China's EXCEPT for the avionics in the Su-planes.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and thus, then, that laser probably isn't China's most advanced research either, or else the media is more able then China would like. But then again, the stuff you see from the U.S. isn't the U.S.'ss most advanced stuff either.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Whups, correction, Hawks, I corrected myself back on the India tech vs. China tech thing, except for the thing about the avionics, which as far as I have read, the avionics in the Indian Su-planes is more advanced than that in the Chinese ones right now.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"But China is not gonna catch up to the Indians (India) in military tech, let alone the U.S., for a long while."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above is your own words.. India's Su30s are mostly air superiority fighters while Chinese Su30s are primarily anti-shipp, aka US carrier groups. As a result, they can't even be compared. Plus, our indigenous avionics and radar technology is way ahead of theirs.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally Posted by The Stranger
Can your dick touch your a$s?

Originally Posted by Hawkssss
Sometimes why ?

Originally Posted by The Stranger
Then go phuck youself.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hawks, for the millionth time, I told you I had corrected myself on the India tech vs. China tech issue. And no the Chinese avionics is not more advanced (in the Su planes anyhow).

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Oh, and I don't think any fighter planes could really harm any U.S. carrier group, they train for those kinds of scenarios all the time. Carriers cost a lot of $$$, they are too big an investment to make vulnerable if they must be used in wartime.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword2004
Oh, and I don't think any fighter planes could really harm any U.S. carrier group, they train for those kinds of scenarios all the time. Carriers cost a lot of $$$, they are too big an investment to make vulnerable if they must be used in wartime.

Thats also what they thought in World War II,Kamikaze anybody?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Uhhhh, that was WWII; a modern battleship has these things called guided missiles, computerized machine guns that aim themselves, its own aircraft of course, the fact that the carriers train for such scenarios (which I said above).

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Uhhhh, that was WWII; a modern battleship has these things called guided missiles, computerized machine guns that aim themselves, its own aircraft of course, the fact that the carriers train for such scenarios (which I said above).

Ok,how about a modernized version of the Kamikaze?

After 9/11,two colonels in the chinese army said they had thought of similar plans.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Ok,how about a modernized version of the Kamikaze?

After 9/11,two colonels in the chinese army said they had thought of similar plans.

Too late. They already exist, but we just call them guided missiles and smart bombs.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join