It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
lolol

I never freak out over ignorant people. The Beidou is made up of 3 satellites and it was completed last year.

China makes the J10 which is comparable to F16 while india doesn't make # and 4 indian mirage 2000 have crashed within the last 2 months and the indian airforce is known as the flying coffin and they need all the "feel good" exercise to boost morale...

www.hindustantimes.com...
www.spacewar.com...

Take a look at the stuff I wrote above about the airforce and you will know, but of course you can continue to deny the truth and be ignorant as ever.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Deny what truth? I believe what you say pretty much, I never denied anything you did say, your going nuts over something very small here

I simply mentioned that India's airforce jets, their Sukhoi models, have more advanced electronics systems in them than their Chinese counterparts. Maybe I should have been clearer on that too.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Oh yeah, by the way, the J-10 is not a purely indigenous Chinese design, it was picked up off of a joint U.S.-Israeli project.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
hahah,

I guess you didn't know that China has over 250 Su27/30, do you??? You see that's why I think you are ignorant. I don't freak; I simply get pissed off and frustrated by people who don't know anything about the subject matter yet dares to open their mouth, aka you.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
JEEZ man, actually yes I did know that, but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? I never said China didn't have Su planes; I said the avionic in them isn't as advanced as the avionics in the Indian Su's. Learn to read English.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Someone says one insult to your China, and you blurt out every piece of knowledge you have, going into totally unrelated subjects even, then you go into others even....dang man, get a grip.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword2004
JEEZ man, actually yes I did know that, but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? I never said China didn't have Su planes; I said the avionic in them isn't as advanced as the avionics in the Indian Su's. Learn to read English.

But then you must know that the MKIs do have many problems due to their cutting-edge technology used, and was not as reliable as MKKs. MKIs satellite system is not well linked to the Russian GPS system which would support the full potential of the aircraft radar system. Why do you think Indians keep shooting down their own planes in the simulation?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
"I never said China didn't have Su planes"

But didn't you say that China is years behind india in military technology in your first post????????

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I just meant in terms of the avionics development for the aircraft individually; if you re-read my posts, you will see that I corrected myself on that statement where I said that China was way behind India.

But the avionics part would make sense anyhow, I think. Remember, half the world's best software companies are in India. And also I remember reading in some places that said that the Indian Sukhois had more advanced avionics than the current Chinese ones.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
yes, but aircraft software is different from MS Offices', the Su30's software still Russian import. You are right about the pure aviation capability, since MKI has vector thrust and canards.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Guys, stop wasting your bandwidth with this poodle Hawksss.

Haven't you ever heard the saying "A barking dog NEVER bites? " *yawn*

They struggle to contain Taiwan, let alone US or India

(Oh BTW, that ignorant poodle is in my ignore list).

[edit on 18-11-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
China as a superpower? Answer - Definately;the Chinese market is outgrowing the US market bit by bit,and that is enough evidence.

China overtaking USA? Answer - Maybe,but the US are still a decade in front of China in technology;but who knows,that might change.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
Guys, stop wasting your bandwidth with this poodle Hawksss.

Haven't you ever heard the saying "A barking dog NEVER bites? " *yawn*

They struggle to contain Taiwan, let alone US or India

(Oh BTW, that ignorant poodle is in my ignore list).

So are you a biting dog or a barking dog?

Keep it on the topic, I'd like to see more opinions.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by plutonian]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
China as a superpower? Answer - Definately;the Chinese market is outgrowing the US market bit by bit,and that is enough evidence.

China overtaking USA? Answer - Maybe,but the US are still a decade in front of China in technology;but who knows,that might change.

Uhhhh.......riiiight, whatever man, China will never overtake the U.S. technologically, that is a fantasy. They have a hell of a long way to go to get to where the U.S. is currently at technologically, let alone surpass it. They would have to surpass it in electronics and computer technology, naval warfare, aerial warfare, and land warfare, both of which the U.S. has been pouring HUGE sums of money into since like the 1950s, and still continues to do so. China has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to catch up.

Oh and don't get so gung-ho about the Chinese market; in the 1980s, everyone was saying by the year 2000, Japan would buy out the U.S., we all know how that one turned out. So that is still a maybe.

As for the Su planes, I meant about the software in them. The Indians take the Su planes they buy, but put into them Indian avionics systems.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
China is already a superpower, i wouldnt say 40 years, to be honest, i would say 10 years or less. America is in decline, just look at the country, its showing the same signs as all superpowers did before they fell i.e Soviet Union, British Empire,etc,etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What about the country; America isn't showing anything like how the Soviet Union was or the British Empire. Secondly, America is not any empire.

China is not any superpower at all right now. They have no global power projection; they are a rising power, but far from a superpower.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword2004
Uhhh, how could EU tech be more advanced than U.S. tech, we spend more than they do on it and have far more experience with warfighting than they do. And yes, the next-generation GPS system IS far more advanced than the Galileo system the EU is creating.

ever heard of the MP5? Hecklor and Koch made
the XM8? same as above both german designed weapons which if i am not correct that country is smack bang in the middile of europe.

the SAW? the saw was a copy of the finnish MINIMI. you spend money but yet the EU including britain BTW has managed to out do you in weapons makes for well since they where made.

also the fact we have been fighting before you country was thought of might give us a little bit of an advantage. not to mention NI ,korea,vietnam,WW1,WW2,falklands and about a dozen small skirmishes all around the globe.

also we have just started our program so i believe we should match you soon. because after all we took a leaf from your book. let you do the hard work and use it to our advantage

Korea was the U.S. against China and Korea,

actually it was a UN task force and the british where there as well.
if you want i can give you links to one of the VC's that got awarded there if you wish.

But China is not gonna catch up to the Indians (India) in military tech, let alone the U.S., for a long while.

oh i wouldnt be so sure. remember they have the sunburn as well which is classed as the worlds best anti ship missile.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Personally, I doubt it will take as long as 40 years...

Aside from Napolean, I think that Frances army are a bunch of "Cheese eating surrender monkeys".

Just a note, I believe Napolean was Corsican really, not French, hehe....
(I may be a little rusty though, but I'm fairly certain this is correct, despite him becoming a French general, etc.)

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Actually 50 J-10s are already operational. Twenty four military sattelites will be launched in the next two years. We will have a total of 400 Su-27/30 by 2006.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
40 years is a estimate, it could take less it could take more and quite a lot will depend on how much George Bush can ruin the US economy in the next four years. I have to say a political reform will happen in China within the next fourty years, it could happen through war or peacefully and it has nothing to do with Taiwan or the US. If a war happens then its gonna take a few more years to catch up to US.

And if China catches up with the US of A in twenty years, well, theres only one thing you can do, BLAME BUSH!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join