It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China for World super power in next 40 years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

PlutionianOpen your eyes, make a graph out of your analysis, it doesn't even make a slope.

My eyes are very much wide open, thank you.

Umm..the graph is a curved one, however.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
Superpower status is only achieved when the nation itself can be described
as superpower - i.e. A super nation where power, culture, politics, business are far reaching in relation to other nations.

That is only part of it and how dare you cherry pick

From Wikipedia.org

A superpower is a state with the ability to influence events or project power on a wide scale. In modern terms, this may imply an entity with a strong economy, a large population, and strong armed forces, including air power and satellite capabilities, and a huge arsenal of weapons of mass destruction. Superpowers often have colonies, or satellite states.

Emphesis added by me... the only things China is missing is better air power but with the J10 they will only be 1 to 2 generations behind the US....catchin up fast. The other thing they are missing is the "huge arsenal of WMDs" but how big is huge? 1000? 2000? 10000?

China's military might is to say the least, doubtful.

Yeah well China still outnumbers the US 3-1. You ever read Art of War?

China has lasted for thousands of years more or less intact and whole. In another 40 years China's economy will eclips the US. It's a fact, and your comparision to Japan is just a distraction, there is no way to compare the two countries, China has what 15 times the population. It's like comparing Canada to the US.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

... It's a fact, and your comparision to Japan is just a distraction, there is no way to compare the two countries, China has what 15 times the population. It's like comparing Canada to the US.

Ignorance is bliss, my friend.

Keep it up, I say.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I guess you'd know a whole lot about Ignorance my friend your wearing it like a cloak because you my friend are a racist just checked out your warnings and the language you used was....colorful to say the least. In case you have a faulty memory here is the link.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im finished with this stupid thread. I have tried to make my case to you but you have your race blinders on firmly. You are now on my ignore list.....

[edit on 15-11-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Oh, great going, Anything remotely connected to losing the topic and resort to personal attacks.

Please stick to the topic. my remarks on ignorance was basically aimed at what you posted above. not you personally.

As I said before, "call me xenophobic/rascist, but i aint going to be pc to some loonies in this forum". As the same member had responded in kind.

And so what if i'm banned? if i feel like it, I can still visit this forum in another nick and y'all wont be any the wiser now, will you?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Your thing about Japan. There are several things you are wrong. Know the economic landfall somewhere in the nineties in Japan. The crisis? How Japan had to rebuild its cities, and regenerate its casulties during WWII. Japan will lets say not have a superpower status anytime soon. Blue water navy, nukes, security council seat, GIANT economy, large population but not too large, stop using the US to lean against and things like that. Japan is too small and have too little advances ahead of other countries to make it a super power. The industrial revolution in Japan in the before 1940s gave Japan military and economic power ahead of almost all countries on earth except for the european countries and USA but Japan was challenging them, thats how they got enough power to war in the pacific with US remember?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It is pretty annoying if the other person just keep assuming and you have to back up every word you said with solid facts.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
@indian,

So by the same assumption, India will never become important and will fall into fractions because compared with China India is even more diverse with 7-10 offical language and has to use English to unite its population. If you assume china will never become a superpower, then why would india ever have a chance at all?

Hey, we will take our chance, but facts are China is doing much, much better than india. Our GDP is more than twice that of india and our people live 10 years longer and our economy is growing faster. In other words, India will simply fall further and further behind china.

End of story..... And you are right, keep up your assumptions and you will hit the jackpot. lol

Have you put your legs around your necks yet???? lol

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People, China will never be able to match the U.S. militarily. You're talking about a country that is decades behind the U.S. in naval and aircraft technology, and also has never fought in real air or naval combat (well air combat, but that was a long time ago). China has no GPS system, except for the one the EU is creating, which is far less-advanced then the next-generation GPS system the U.S. is getting ready to put up.

China doesn't have the years of warfighting experience in naval battle, or in aircraft fighting, OR the technology even, to match the U.S.

China may become an economic superpower, but they will never match the U.S. militarily right now. In 40 years? The U.S. will have far more advanced stuff than they have now even.

Hell, the British could probably take out any navy China creates, cuz they have more experience too.

Economically is a different matter, though you never know.

China may become "a" power, militarily but match the U.S. militarily? Not for a looooooooooong time.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
uhh EU tech is just as advanced and hell is probably more advanced in some cases than US tech.
dont go claiming that the US leads in all feilds cause that my friend is ignorance.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
True, no one can match the US militarily for a long while. Hell, the US military budget is more than the combined military budget of the next 10 largest spenders and the US navy is bigger in tonnage than the rest of the world's navy combined. (as a side note, that's why you have a huge deficit).

BUT, BUT, BUT, look at how you are doing in iraq and how you did in vietnam and Korea. In all these conflicts, US had huge, humongous technological advantage over its opponents. But what happened???? Having military technology doesn't guarantee victory: vietnam, korea and Afghanistan are examples.

Both countries are nuke powers that means they will never fight again like they did in Korea. Which means in the future, countries will mostly compete in terms of economy, commerce and trade ,which the US is still way, wya ahead of China, but we are catching up fast.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes, China is no where near challenging US militarily in open conflicts, BUT China can defend it self if US attacks but with quite a bit of casulty but make no doubt, China can defend it self.

I say fourty to fifty years is what its gonna take for US to step down from the top of the mountain. Yes, China will take another fourty to fifty years to be equal to US and then the rest is surpassing the US but some day China will fall too like all countries.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Uhhh, how could EU tech be more advanced than U.S. tech, we spend more than they do on it and have far more experience with warfighting than they do. And yes, the next-generation GPS system IS far more advanced than the Galileo system the EU is creating.

China will not match the U.S. militarily in 40 years, let alone surpass it. Where do you get that idea?? The U.S. has the GPS system, which gives it unprecedented communications and first-shot capabilities, plus, like I said, China has no idea how to conduct naval warfare or aerial warfare really.

China is way behind in communications and electronics technologies as well.

As for the U.S. military in Iraq, why the heck do people keep using that as some example of U.S. military capability? The U.S. could plow through Iraq and flatten it like a pancake very easily, but they can't because that is not the goal there. The goal is to kill the insurgents without killing the innocents and without destroying the cities. The insurgents' plan is simple. Kill U.S. soldiers and blow up U.S. military vehicles. The U.S. plan isn't as simple.

Technology has a great advantage, but the problem is that they cannot use it fully.

Vietnam, yeah, in truth though, the U.S. could have won that too probably, I mean the U.S. won the first battle in Vietnam. The problem was those soliders were undersupplied and had low morale, and also the U.S. never really declared it a war. That was what got sooooooo much anti-war sentiment going on later in the U.S., cuz they were sacrificing all these huge amounts of soldiers when it was pretty apparent that communism wasn't going to conquer all of Asia.

Korea was the U.S. against China and Korea, and the U.S. didn't have as large a technological advantage there as it does now. Also, that wasn't any full-on war effort either. China was throwing everything it had, alongside North Korea, to keep the U.S. out, cuz they didn't want the U.S. that close to them if we occupied N. Korea. The U.S. was just finished from World War II, and the last thing the public wanted in the U.S. was literally another actual war, so that to wasn't any full-on U.S. war effort.

As for invading China? I don't know where people get that idea. Of course the U.S. couldn't do that without some severe casualities, and I doubt it could with the current size of its military. If the U.S. turned into like World War II Germany though and went up to a military of like 14 million highly trained troops, with the U.S.'s technology and weapons, and if you knock nuclear weapons out of the picture, the U.S. I am sure could invade China. The U.S.'s military size in World War II was 14 million. So was Germany's. Today, the U.S. has much more people in the population, so if America turned into some conquering-minded country the way WWII Germany did, it could do some serious damage around the globe, only this time there'd be no real way to stop it, except for like nukes, which no one would want to use.

To be honest, I think THAT is what scares some countries right now. But that will never happen, and if it does, then the U.S. is no longer the U.S., cuz we are supposed to be about freedom.

But China is not gonna catch up to the Indians (India) in military tech, let alone the U.S., for a long while.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"But China is not gonna catch up to the Indians (India) in military tech, let alone the U.S., for a long while."

Since we have such an ill-informed and dumb person once again, I have to educate again.

People, please EDUCATE YOURSELVES BEFORE SPEAKING!!! I AM NOT BRAGGING OR GLOATING; I AM SIMPLY FRUSTRATED BY THE UTTER LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IN THE RELEVANT AREA AND I DO KNOW THAT CHINA IS STILL BEHIND US, EUROPE AND RUSSIA IN MANY FIELDS.

Here is a good link to PLA weapons system and please don't even try to say crap until you go through it!
www.sinodefence.com...

1) China does't have AWACS: well you know what, we do. take a look at these photos???? It is reported that China already bought two An50I and one English source reported that China is in the process of fielding our self-make AWACS. This is an interview with the designer with our own indigenous AWACS.
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...

2) China is still fielding T-55 while india is fielding advanced british tanks. Like what. Do you have a frigging idea what you are talking about??????? Do these photos look lik T-55 to you? And what advanced british tanks exactly does india have, like the Challenger???? I thought it is fielding Russian T-72s mostly as their top of the line and most of their tanks were as old as some of ours!!!!! And they have scrapped their Arjun tank which was delayed for 10 years!!!!
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...://www.wforum.com/specials/articles/02/757.html

3) India's navy is better. Like what!!!! All it has are the two old carriers that are about to retire. They haven't added any DDGs in the past few years while chinese navy added two new Sovys (with two more due next year and the year after) and 4 054 Aegis-equivalent DDGs, a few 054 Steath frigates, Yuan-Class subs, etc. What has india added besides the 3 steath frigates it bought from russia????????

Our total naval tonnage is on a matter 2 or 3X of that of india and while there sub fleet is only a fraction of ours.

So people, please stop bullshiiiting if you know nothing. Bottom line is we make the majority of our own ships while india almost can't make anything. Its Dehli-Class DDG is at least one generation behind our new DDGs with VLS and Aegis-equivalent air defense system.

I am not even gonna mention the steath fast attack boats, which has been discussed in a different thread.

What has india made?????????

www.wforum.com...
www.sinodefence.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...

4) In terms of airforce, both are comparable in technology while we have a huge numerical advantage and we produced huge numbers of planes such as upgraded J7s, J8 etc and the new J-10 is under mass production and is exporting the FC-1 while india doesn't make ANY, ANY aircrafts and their air force is called "flying coffin". Please don't even mention LCA, which has failed a test in Russia just recently and they crashed 3 Mirage 2000 last month along. (yes, I can provide all the source you need on these)

www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.sinodefence.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...

We have our own trainer FTC-2000 while indian airforce's training is so bad that they are called the flying coffin and they had to buy some british trainer recently. See again, they can't make crap.
www.wforum.com...

5)In 1962, we beat them so bad that it is still hurting and some indians think they can take Tibet?????? lolololol, they can't even control Kashmir and China still occupies a piece of Kashmir (bet you didn't know that). Do you hear any bombings and things of that nature in China while we have insurgents in Xinjiang (mulism and connected with Al Quada) also?

The PLA has fought against the US-led UN forces successfully in Korea driving them back from the china-korea border back to the 38th parallel where the war stopped till today. (the casualty of China+n. Korea is roughly equal to the casualty of UN forces+S. Korea). We have skirmished with USSR, Vietnam and entirely and thoroughly obliterated the Indians in 1962. Not to mention, we had a huge hand in Vietnam as well.

Who besides the pakistanis and Chinese have the indians fought?

6) here is a link for security ranking by INDIANS, not by chinese.

www.nsrf.com...

7) please don't even compare our armies, missiles/space forces. Entirely two different leagues and please spare me of my typing.

8) Our GDP is more than 2X that of india in gross terms, PPP and on a per capita basis and industrial and manufacturing capabilities is on the scale of several times that of india. Our foreign reserve is aournd $500 bil vs. india's $130 bil.

China is the world's No. 1 steel maker (over 200 million tons in 2003) while India is the 8th with (with only 36 million tons of production in 2003-2004). China is the worlds No. 3 ship maker and I have no idea where india ranks!!!

China's soverign rating or country rating by Standard & Poor's is BBB+, which is investment grade while India's soverign rating is BB+ which is non-investment grade or junk status.

9) China's military budge ($50 bil) is more than 3X that of india ($15 bil) while both countries have similar purchasing power. And most western countries suspect that China spends more than this and india buys disproportinately more weapons from other countries than China by a huge margin.
www.cdi.org...
www.globalissues.org...

10) China doesn't have GPS system

Well you know what, we do... It's called Beidou and completed last year.
www.cctv.com...

11) Bottom line: China is making proportionally more and more indigenously while India is still buying most of its stuff from overseas while we outspend them 3 to 1. This only means India is being left behind by China further and further just like our economies. Our eoconomy grows faster than india's and in a decade, Chinese economy will be about 3X that of India while their population will surpass that of China in the next decade, without any revaluation of our currency which is most likely to happen in the next decade. Do you know what that means?????

PLEASE DON'T TALK IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US!!!!!!!

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"China doesn't have GPS"

Once again, I had to educate some people who dares say crap without knowing any background information.

Can people tell me what to do when ignorance invades???????????

China completed our own Beidou GPS last year.....

www.cctv.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ill-informaed and dumb-person!? Man, I must have struck a nerve there, for all that info; I never said anything about India's navy or army, I should have made myself clearer, I was actually referring to their airforce planes, which contain more sophisticated electronics systems than anything in the current Chinese fighter craft.

Oh yeah, and Beidou is not any GPS system, it is just a satellite or two, which EVENTUALLY will make up a GPS-type of communications system.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
lolo,

I think you are not only ill-informed with regard to china and india's military capability and China's GPS, you are actually entirely ignorant.

So why don't you enlighten me with proof that india is ahead of china in terms of military capability.

BTW, you did strike my nerve as being entirely ignorant. In fact, what I just posted was researched and posted some time ago and I didn't just do it now..lol

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
BTW, why don't you respond to my China vs. India threat to show how much more advanced is your beloved india compared to the backward china????

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Actually, no correction, it is a positioning system, but it is one satellite, so it is not a global-positioning system.

Also, you mention China in the Korean war. I said EXACTLY what you said pretty much, so stop having such a freak attack.

That is neat though that for once someone actually knocks on India's airforce; you go to other forums and all you here about is how their airforce supposedly kicked the butt of the U.S. airforce in that one exercise (which was totally a setup when you read the technical details; the U.S. Airforce just wants the F-22 raptor).

Oh yeah, China doesn't really make any new planes either, not anything that can compete with modern fighter craft. They just take bought fighter craft, and modify them right now.

Oh yeah, I also never said China didn't have an AWACS, or India.

You are freaking out as if I said China didn't have certain things when I never even brought them up.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Damn man, I make one reply, and you respond that fast, you monitoring these threads like 24/7 or something!?

By the way, India isn't anything beloved to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join