It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will 9-11 Anniversary change the hearts on syria????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Anniversary of 911 is coming up and i was wondering if this will change popular opinion with syria at all. This would be the best time to tug hearts and change thoughts. Interesting enough that congress is voting the same week

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

will 9-11 Anniversary change the hearts on syria????,

Nope. Last I saw 91% of Americans were against a strike on Syria. It would be exceptionally difficult to tie a war in Syria in with a terrorist attack that happened here over a decade ago. Syria had nothing to do with it.

If you want to bring 9/11 into the equation .... if anything, the fact that the 'rebels' are Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood would mean that Americans would be LESS LIKELY to want to help them out. Ya' know?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

In my opinion it will work against starting a new war. I can't remember a day in my life when the U.S. wasn't at war or in some type of conflict. Like most people I'm just tired of fighting.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Congress and senate could have a change of heart while watching re runs of 911

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In all seriousness? Given how the LAST anniversary was marked? 9/11 is a day I'm keeping a low profile and watching headlines closer than normal. That's one of my 11 hour school days, so I'll be in one spot for whatever comes, anyway.

The fact the Administration and Homeland IS NOT trying to fear monger the date into absurdity doesn't make me feel better. I'd feel better if they were crying wolf again. I've come to expect that when they whine and cry like children, I can be confident nothing is really going to happen. When they are silent? Hmmm...... We'll see next Wednesday, huh?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Congress and senate could have a change of heart while watching re runs of 911

Like I said .. the only change of heart that could happen would be a hate for Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood - and those are the people that an air strike would help ... so if anything, the 9/11 anniversary would make congress LESS LIKELY to help Syria.

But like I said .. I don't think 9/11 will impact the vote at all.

top topics

join