It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Others That God Refers To Concerning Our Creation? Just Curious......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am not a religious person, but I have two questions regarding something I looked up today on the internet about man apparently being made in Gods own image…

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to? If God was supposedly the creator of everything, on his own, who are the others in reference to the word US and OUR? I am a little confused as to why God would use the plural rather than the singular…

My second question relates again to God making man in his own image…

If God is the creator of all mankind, then why doesn't he give us all a fair chance from the start off? If his creation of everything, including mankind is perfect, then why are some people born with limbs missing, serious health conditions, and some children even dead before, during, and after birth?

Wouldn't it be fair to give all mankind an even start?

If you are going to give any response to this thread, please don’t bombard me with trillions of verses from the bible. Explaining in YOUR own words should be enough to answer two pretty simple questions I think….

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Excellent questions. Looking forward to some answers. I'll address the second:

God isn't perfect and neither is his creation. Believers only say those things because they're terrified that god will burn them for all eternity if they don't constantly remind him how perfect and awesome he is. He loves continuous praise. Why? Dunno. Also, he LOVES GOLD! WHY? Dunno.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

The sentence answers itself.
GOd created Man in His OWN image.
The 'our' has to be God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Divine Persons (aspects) .... eternal .. without beginning or end.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I am not a religious person, but I have two questions regarding something I looked up today on the internet about man apparently being made in Gods own image…

I always thought that it was because it was based on the Enuma Elish, and the term of the Annunaki? The Annunaki was the name given to the Sumerian gods, as a whole.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
God is represented in three ways.

1. God the Father - the will
2. God the Son - the word
3. God the Spirit - the power

Making man in his image is reflective of God's character and ways, His morals ways. God is love, He is merciful and kind, etc. Apart from God man no longer has those qualities in himself.

Birth defects come about from the time when the fallen ones (fallen angels) came down and had sex with human women. They corrupted all flesh (except for Noah and his three sons). No mention is made is the sons three wives that could have had mixed blood. Also, after the flood more of the same was attempted. But at the start all mankind was born perfect without defects and lived about one thousand years.

I hope that helps.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The sentence answers itself.
GOd created Man in His OWN image.
The 'our' has to be God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Divine Persons (aspects) .... eternal .. without beginning or end.

I may be wrong here, not being a scholar of the bible, but considering that this is verse 26 of the first chapter of the bible, does it actually mention God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in the previous 25 verses? I haven't got a bible, so I can't look it up....

Just curious.....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

does it actually mention God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in the previous 25 verses?

I don't think so ..... but so what?
There is always a first time to mention something ... and there it is.

God said in 'OUR OWN' image. That means there is more than one aspect to God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit were then revealed in scripture as history unfolded.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Making man in his image is reflective of God's character and ways, His morals ways. God is love, He is merciful and kind, etc. Apart from God man no longer has those qualities in himself.

Birth defects come about from the time when the fallen ones (fallen angels) came down and had sex with human women. They corrupted all flesh (except for Noah and his three sons). No mention is made is the sons three wives that could have had mixed blood. Also, after the flood more of the same was attempted. But at the start all mankind was born perfect without defects and lived about one thousand years.

I hope that helps.

So the bible actually states that fallen angels came down and had sexual relations with earth women and corrupted all flesh? Does it really state that? So are all angels of the male gender then? And does it also state in the bible that mankind lived for one thousand years without any defects? Really??

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

We weren't the first beings he created. There were the Elohim and the angels before us. We were created in the same spiritual image. From the same source.

As far as I understand it, in order to be perfect we need to learn. The life in the body is the learning process. Compassion for those less fortunate is a big part of that process. Have you ever met someone with a disability that inspires you? We all have our faults, some physical, some mental and some of us have behavioral faults. We all learn to cope and accept them and others in one way or another, and we strive to better ourselves (some of us do anyway). Death in the body is not a big deal if the Bible is true as true life comes after that. The point is, we dont know when it will happen (death) so we should try to be the best people we can as if each day is our last day on earth. Most of us are not very good at this. Myself included. That is why we must keep trying.

This is my viewpoint. I dont expect you to share these views as you are not a Christian. But Im sure you can respect them as I respect others with different views on life to mine.

Hope this helps, maybe other ATS'ers can answer the questions better than me.

Since the fall of man, out bodies became sick as did the whole earth. This is Gods plan and done for a reason. The reason I believe is what I posted above. That is just my opinion though.

edit on 6-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

To understand the question you ask you need to understand some things about the history and theology of those beliefs.

But it depends on who you ask, a Christian will say he speaks to the Word(christ), and Holy Spirit, the traditional "trinity"

Ask a Jew and He is talking to the Heavenly host, Angels and the like.

on to the next, Looking at the old testament and New, gives you an overview how sickness was believed to be caused by mans fallen state, back to the original rejection of gods will. You see this played out the most in Jesus(the word) healing of the sick, when he tells them your sins are forgiven every time he heals.

So God gives man perfect health, man does the one thing god asked not to gains knowledge with out wisdom, sin and death enter the world due to mans rejection of god.

That is a rough summerized of christian theology

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I hope that helps.

So the bible actually states that fallen angels came down and had sexual relations with earth women and corrupted all flesh? Does it really state that? So are all angels of the male gender then? And does it also state in the bible that mankind lived for one thousand years without any defects? Really??

All angels do appear in male form as far as Im aware. Dont know why but it seems to be the case. Maybe because males had more authority in the cultures they were appearing to. Maybe today they would appear as females too.?

The bible does state that angels mixed with the seed of men. Not sure it is stating they had physical sex, It could be genetic manipulation. Trouble is the offspring were the nephilim. They were pretty bad and statred to populate the earth. That is why God destroyed cities in the Old Testament....they were infected. It was done in order to corrupt mankind before the birth of christ. So he would be corrupted. It didnt work.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Us could be anything really, why do people naturally think god made human first?

on the other hand most people are feeble minded in any case and also have tunnel vision because of their life long, negative society programming.

maybe this god was chillin with his kids from ten billion years previously, when discussing how they'll make them.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

does it actually mention God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in the previous 25 verses?

God said in 'OUR OWN' image. That means there is more than one aspect to God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit were then revealed in scripture as history unfolded.

So a bit like a when demon possesses a Human being then..there is more than one of them occupying the same physical space.

God was possessed by two demons, or suffers from multiple personality disorder obviously.

And for the poster that reckons God is kind and merciful...you're kidding right? There's not much mercy in murdering the entire planet when it suited, or the thousands of individual murders by god of those who had the Humanity to complain or mock a bald cleric.

Is murdering two teenagers who mock a balding man kind or merciful? It's anything but.

I'd say, for anyone that reads the bible and still thinks the being they call 'god' is kind or merciful is deluding themselves of it's real identity.

Blimey, and skeptics have the nerve to call UFO enthusiasts nuts.
edit on 6-9-2013 by MysterX because: correction

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thats a good point. I believe he was speaking to the Elohim and the angels, who were created before us.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
SMH...

People assume "in his own image" to mean God somehow looks like a human.

It's metaphorical, meaning he modledour "soul" or consciousness after his.

I bet literal interpretations of the Bible have lead to tens of thousands of deaths throughout history.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
SMH...

People assume "in his own image" to mean God somehow looks like a human.

It's metaphorical, meaning he modledour "soul" or consciousness after his.

I bet literal interpretations of the Bible have lead to tens of thousands of deaths throughout history.

Well that if nothing else explains Human savagery.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It depends on who you ask.

New Agers will say its God and his wife (male/female, yin/yang type thing.)

Alien Jesus folks will say the "our" refers to aliens that created us.

Christians will say its the trinity (a concept that never makes any sense to me no matter how many christians try to "explain" it to me.)

If you ever read the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh, you would see the many parallels between it and Genesis.

My own personal opinion is that the bible has been translated, retranslated, copied, altered and presented in different ways to tell the story those in power want people to believe. There is wisdom in the bible, just as there are in many religous texts, However, I would'ny take the bibles account of creation too seriously.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to?

Besides that the text we have was written by men and may or may not be accurate...

The us and our lends more to equality among the Gods (whomever they were). You know the ones that came here and planted a garden.

Personally I am tired of all this "hierarchy" crap. Its another holdover from the middle ages brought to you by the people that also thought the world was flat and at the center of it all.

A helicopter lands in a jungle clearing and the natives watch from nearby, seeing the people therein as some sort of Gods. They must be Gods. Look at what they can do. They can fly!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

So a bit like a when demon possesses a Human being then..there is more than one of them occupying the same physical space.

God was possessed by two demons, or suffers from multiple personality disorder obviously.

And for the poster that reckons God is kind and merciful...you're kidding right? There's not much mercy in murdering the entire planet when it suited, or the thousands of individual murders by god of those who had the Humanity to complain or mock a bald cleric.

Is murdering two teenagers who mock a balding man kind or merciful? It's anything but.

I'd say, for anyone that reads the bible and still thinks the being they call 'god' is kind or merciful is deluding themselves of it's real identity.

Blimey, and skeptics have the nerve to call UFO enthusiasts nuts.
edit on 6-9-2013 by MysterX because: correction

I wish I could put a bet on how many post it takes before someone comes and totally ridicules others beliefs. If you dont like it why do you feel you have to slam others beliefs. What are your beliefs then? Its easy to slam others beliefs. Although most choose to show more respect and maturity.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The "god" in the Hebrew Bible was not ominpotent,omniscient, or omnipresent. He was originally known by his Sumerian epithet En.lil (Lord of the command). He had dominion over the Semitic tribes of Asia minor. His half brother En.ki (Lord Earth)/E.a (He whose house is water) was the true scientist and creator of this this version of man. His had dominion over the African tribes. After the global flood circa 12,000 b.c. , the first place to be re-settled was the Mesopotamian plain. These Anunnaki ( those who from the Heavens came to Earth) were the most recent manipulators of the human genome. Our true origins? All humanoids in our section of this galaxy started in the constellation known as Lyra. This was approx. 22 million years ago (www.exopedia.org) . The race of beings responsible, are known as the Paschats/Narshringa (Hindu-Sanskrit). I kid you not, they are a race of bipedal Lion/feline type humanoids. There specialty is actually genetics. Hope this helps clear up some confusion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join