It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trouble With The USA And WW3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What the hell are you talking about?!

Isnt this the site with members constantly complainning and whining about how America has been a warmonger going back decades fighting WARS all over the globe?

You mention WW-II, Korea and Vietnam but leave out Afghanistan and Iraq. Checks the year *2013, Latest round of Crap started back in 2002...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

18 Arabic Hijackers 4 planes box cutters

ok no nuke

Riouz

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

Yeah no nuke. What's your point?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by coolcatt

So one plane armed with a nuke is going to get through American air space and nuke them?

You've been watching too many movies my friend.

My Point is They managed to do a whole lot more than get through American air space

Riouz

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

That was an inside job!

I saw it on youtube, so it must be true

Well maybe sometimes true.

Well ok, only when it's convenient.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

I don't wish war on anyone but maybe the USA needs a taste of what it is like to be bombed in order to wipe out the arrogance that is all to evident in their political system today?

I think the US has sacrificed enough.

This isn't a cemetery in America. Its in Europe. There's a lot more like this if you could see past the dishonest
arrogant outlook you have.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
The op is right. America hasn't a clue what it's like to be on the receiving end. Or to live in a country that's been in wars. Americans could not ration food or gas. They don't have a clue how to conserve anything. They would undoubtedly suffer more because of this.

Americans could never conserve. They are so greedy. You should have seen them in WW2, oh wait.......

Originally posted by violet
Of course no innocent people should get bombed just to teach a lesson on how not to act so arrogant and ignorant.

Somehow I dont believe you mean this, even though you said it.

I somehow see you "those 'Mericans" get what they deserve!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
For whatever it is worth, Americans posting pictures or counts of their dead soldiers, does nothing but prove the OP's point, and that is rather disgusting.

There is no American alive that has had to abandon their US house to run for their lives from an invading army. None have had to wonder if their family down the street will be lucky enough to survive, or if there will be food at the grocery store (or even a grocery store) tomorrow.

None have felt the blast of air horns followed by the ground shaking from their bedrooms.

None have looked out side, after cowering in their basement, in fear, for hours on end, to find their neighbourhood gone.

There is a very, very big difference between sending soldiers to a war and having a war fought on your land.

If none of you can see that, then the OP is 100% correct about American arrogance.

I still wouldn't wish that upon you though, I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

edit on 6-9-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's like playing Whac-A-Mole

Same take different account....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
For whatever it is worth, Americans posting pictures or counts of their dead soldiers, does nothing but prove the OP's point, and that is rather disgusting.

There is no American alive that has had to abandon their US house to run for their lives from an invading army. None have had to wonder if their family down the street will be lucky enough to survive, or if there will be food at the grocery store (or even a grocery store) tomorrow.

None have felt the blast of air horns followed by the ground shaking from their bedrooms.

None have looked out side, after cowering in their basement, in fear, for hours on end, to find their neighbourhood gone.

There is a very, very big difference between sending soldiers to a war and having a war fought on your land.

If none of you can see that, then the OP is 100% correct about American arrogance.

What the hell are you talking about?

There are people in America who struggle everyday! Those soldiers who are buried in other countries made the ultimate sacrifice. Protecting not only their freedoms but OTHERS What "big difference" are you talking about? Dying is Dying! If you cant see the hypocrisy of the OP and his mindless tantrum, then I dont know what to say. And, America has fought on its own soil. Hell, we might have to again one day.

Honestly its people like you and him that have no clue on what its like to live in a Country that is diverse, and lets face it not the best or perfect country out there. Americans are a hearty bunch. Last I checked only 9% want to bomb Syria. That says something about America.

Dont worry about America.
edit on 242013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
NM...Not worth it.

edit on 252013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Your an Idiot... the basis of an argument AGAINST a nation revolving around THE FACT, that we have never been successfully attacked or invaded as a reason it SHOULD happen and is deserved is so moronic it's incomprehensible.

apparently the morality of our actions, the people we have saved and the places we have actually helped are all moot because we don't deserve to win any more wars and can not justify any course of action unless we loose one real bad first.

We'd all be better off letting the Islamic world perhaps assume a global position of power because god damnit... those guys just keep loosing... and it's not fair!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I am proud to be an American.

Where are you from?

Where is this perfect place?

Go bash America elsewhere. It's really getting old...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

In your opinion is Iraq Afghanistan and Libya better off now then it was before

Food for thought

Riouz

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Go bash America elsewhere. It's really getting old...

I guess its the "in" thing to bash America at every turn......

All the while not looking into the other Countries who are profiting from all this.......

See, to be honest with it all would mean you would have to. Not many people on ATS can.

In the end, it all comes with a "but" after it. But, America.......

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would reply individually, but why waste my time, since not one of you read past the first line.

If you think anything in current America compares to what a warn torn country is like, you are dumber then your stereotypes...and that is not sad, it is beyond sad, it is brutal.

Call me when any of you have had to go to a freshly bombed location and rebuild...then you will see what true suffering is.

Call me when you watch innocents choose to kill themselves when they see what is left of their families and homes, and they decide that rebuilding is not worth it.

You think war is ugly? War is nothing compared to what is left. The desolation, the desperation, the hopelessness.

Experience: Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, etc....construction.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

How many Russian weapons were used in Rwanda?

How many Chinese Weapons did Pol Pot use?

See, if you were really honest you would question it. But unfortunately your fixation with America leaves you blind.

Open your eyes.

Governments either cause atrocities, or let them happen. Some are better then others, but in the end EVERY Government has blood on their hands.

Its the truth Peck.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

never eh? war of 1812 ring a bell, the Brits came ashore in the gulf states, most think we just went to Canada.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I would reply individually, but why waste my time, since not one of you read past the first line.

If you think anything in current America compares to what a warn torn country is like, you are dumber then your stereotypes...and that is not sad, it is beyond sad, it is brutal.

Call me when any of you have had to go to a freshly bombed location and rebuild...then you will see what true suffering is.

Call me when you watch innocents choose to kill themselves when they see what is left of their families and homes, and they decide that rebuilding is not worth it.

You think war is ugly? War is nothing compared to what is left. The desolation, the desperation, the hopelessness.

Experience: Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, etc....construction.

My heart bleeds.... everywhere there is a Nation State there isn't a group of people who's job it is to acquire power (Bhutan being an exception to the rule) we are the only nation with secret societies, families and bloodlines and IF we went "peaceful" tomorrow we wouldn't face the same fate?

Ideals vs reality.... Your morality is correct, your mourning for the fact that simply isn't the way it is is old.

You mention Iraq?

It just shows your not in the real world, he was a despot in a way America will never be, the THEORIES of our govts plans against it's people that have never come to pass were Iraqs realities, he would have gobbled Iran in a heart beat he did gobble Kuwait... except guys like that don't install a new regime and leave they kill the men and rape the women

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Lets face it the USA has never been attacked in war on the mainland. Many Americans wont know where Syria is located on the map. And many have never even visited places outside their own boarders. So frankly Obama rattling his saber and threatening ww3 is doubling sickening. Americans don't know what war is. They have never experienced it first hand. Europe and many parts of the world have.

I don't wish war on anyone but maybe the USA needs a taste of what it is like to be bombed in order to wipe out the arrogance that is all to evident in their political system today? I don't mean like 9/11. And frankly the way Obama is behaving now, that might happen sooner rather than later. If a country has known war and suffered through war then it might not be willing so much to go to war as often as the USA have done in the last twenty years or so.

First things first, what we are going to do to you, I mean Syria, is not war. We gonna rain down some hell, accurate hell, on his military and few select buildings of note. It is more aptly an operation, action, but not war. If it were war the complete might of our military would be knocking on his door. It would involve the other branches of our military. Assad would be toast.

I don't want to be involved in any of these petty conflicts but in all honesty if you really want to have serious discussion about it we can. The truth is Syria is the biggest threat to the United States we have faced. This is not Iraq, he has all the nasty stuff sadam had, lol. We know he has sarin, vx, anthrax, botulism just to name a few. He has used them, at least the sarin. This why it should matter every American, it is known the rebels have already got there hands on small quantities of at least the sarin and have also used on much smaller scale.

Now, if it totally goes to chit and we are not there to secure this stuff, the bad guys, AQ, hezballa, just to name two, will get their hands on seriously nasty dangerous weapons that are incredibly hard to detect in inert form. This is the doomsday stuff, the easy way bad guys kill lots of Americans in their own country. Think Boston but with hundreds dead instead. Is that what you guys want.

I am a veteran and yes I am weary and want to see all my countrymen and women home. Fact is we do need a significant force stationed there somewhere permanently, sorry but we do. We can no longer let these terrorist have safe places to train to kill us. Drone strikes are not enough. They are now becoming well trained cohesive fighting forces as well as crazy ass terrorist. That is very bad folks.

These are things we can't back away from folks, we deal with these wmd's now or we deal with them on our own soil cus don't kid yourself that is what is going to happen if we, or someone with enough power to do it, does not secure this stuff.

The Bot

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join